View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 16 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Oct 17, 2018 7:37 pm

Reply to topic  [ 8 posts ] 

#1 Post A Witch hunt game?
I'm considering hosting a Witch Hunt game after Rain's next game. Anyone interested?

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:14 pm
nD** Runner Member

#2 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
i will play every game, just host

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:27 pm

#3 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
I'd rather wait to see if Rain wants to host his next game right away. Otherwise you'll be free to launch your Witch Hunt game.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
Heart-Break

Sat Jan 06, 2018 7:52 pm

#4 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
Could you explain this gameplay

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:09 pm

#5 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
stickysteez wrote:

This is a good example: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=183&t=23759

But in short, instead of playing against a Mafia team, the town plays against someone called "The Witch". The Witch can be summed up as an almost over-powered role. The only reason he's this strong is because he doesn't have a team. Common mechanics include that he can "drain" someone to death (typical nightkill) as well as having some kind of survival technique. Either a toughness or that he can turn someone else into the Witch.

Common for Witch Hunt games are also "Evil Villagers". You can consider them as a group of Mafia members, except that they don't know who their teammates are. They are as clueless as the Villagers are. A mafia group who don't know their fellow mafias, if we put it simple.

The third special mechanic for the Witch Hunt game includes factions. Usually some Cult members are involved. The cult can basically convert people every / every second round, depending on the game. The converted person joins the cult and basically changes side.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:23 pm

#6 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
stickysteez wrote:

Witch hunt is an assassins-class style of the game signified by having 1 (really, really powerful) evil player versus an entire village and maybe a third-party player or two.

That being said, I think maybe some simpler games are in order here before we bring witch hunt back again. Historically the setups have not been very balanced and not very new-player friendly (Especially the ones containing cults, as cults are notoriously imbalanced if not handled carefully).

Even though I personally enjoy more complex games, I'm of the opinion that a few more normal games might go a little farther, especially with a lot of new people still getting used to the game.

ImageImage

Sat Jan 06, 2018 8:25 pm
Profile WWW

#7 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
I personally have no great desire to host at the moment. I'm mostly doing it to fill time so they community doesn't die out again. If you want to host and are ready to go, you should go ahead and run something.

Sat Jan 06, 2018 10:38 pm
Friend of the Community

#8 Post Re: A Witch hunt game?
next time u run out of hosting games i could potentially host one, would be good to laugh at actions instead of being in them for a change.

as for witch hunt, they have been quite successful iirc? go ahead i'd say. (i wont join though)

- Benjamin Franklin

Sun Jan 07, 2018 12:50 am
Reply to topic   [ 8 posts ]