View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 3 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Jun 27, 2017 5:26 pm

Reply to topic  [ 5 posts ] 

#1 Post[Pregame Setup] Game Concept : AnDgels & nDemons Isolate
Firstly two things:

1. I do not understand how to play Werewolf mod.
2. I am a nerd.

That being said, I present the game I came up with. If enough people show interest in playing we can give it a test run :lol:

AnDgels and nnnDemons

I. Terminology

AnDgel -- Player with an allegiance to the light. Starts with 5 AP.
nDemon -- Player with an allegiance to the dark. Starts wth 5 AP.
Allegiance Point -- Steps towards either Light or Dark.
Allegiance Shift -- Change in Allegiance Points during round.
ArchAnDgel -- Leader of the AnDgels.
Dragon -- Leader of the nnDemons.
nDcard -- Chance card. (can pick one during round.)
"saved" -- Protected from allegiance shift, devouring, or revelation.
"devoured" -- Allegiance set to 0.

Players are divided into two groups -- AnDgels and nnDemons. Each group has a leader. The AnDgels are led by the ArchAnDgel and the nnDemons are led by the Dragon. In addition to their two powers, the ArchAnDgel and the Dragon have one extra power each, and 1 extra Allegiance Point. Also if the ArchAnDgel or the Dragon are converted, their entire teams suffer three steps closer to the light OR darkness.

II. Powers (private actions, may only be used on players in the same location, if used on same faction will fail)

AnDgel powers:
1.) Affect mind -- Player chooses a character to bring one step closer to the light.
2.) Smite -- Player chooses his location on the map to be completely cleared of all members of the enemy faction.

nDemon powers:
1.) Tempt -- Player chooses a character to bring one step closer to darkness.
2.) Possess -- Player chooses another player that for this round will absorb all powers from AnDgels.

ArchAnDgel: May save and completely heal one player. He may not save himself or nnDemons. (the action will fail.)

Dragon: May completely devour one player by sending private revelation to the Host before the round ends. He may not devour nnDemons. (the action will fail.)

At the beginning of each round, players will be shown their Stats cards in private. Players can take the following public actions or private actions, but not both in one round.:

III. Public actions (post)

1.) Vote for battle -- 60% of all players in an area must vote to start a battle. All players will have one die rolled and each group's dice will be added up. Whichever team loses the battle will be brought one step closer to the light OR one step closer to darkness.

2.) Take a card -- Player draws a card from the deck.

3.) Move to -- Player picks one location to travel to.

4.) Know your enemy -- Both the player using this action and the target player roll dice and if the target's die is lower, it is revealed whether the target player is the player's enemy or not.

IV. Gameplay

The objective -- to convert all members of the enemy team away from their side. Each player may use one power or public action per round. Allegiances are kept secret at all times unless they are revealed through an nDcard or otherwise.

Example player cards:

Code:
God's servant
AnDgel
Allegiance: +5 Light

Code:
Player2
nDemon
Allegiance: +3 Dark

Code:
Player3
nDemon
Allegance: +1 Dark

Code:
Player4
Dragon
Allegiance: +6 Dark

Example round:

Allegiance shift: God's servant
Allegiance shift: Player2
Player2 knows that Player 3 is an enemy!
Allegiance shift: Player3
nnnDemons win battle in Las Vegas!
Player4 was devoured!
Player 5 was saved!

Example board:

V. nDcards

Players may roll a dice to get a corresponding nDcard at the end of the round.

ImageImageImageImageImageImage

What do you guys think?

http://Godsservant.info :)

Last edited by God's servant on Sun Apr 30, 2017 11:13 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:05 pm

#2 Post Re: Game Concept : AnDgels & nDemons Isolate
[in] (:

Sun Apr 30, 2017 7:10 pm

#3 Post Re: Game Concept : AnDgels & nDemons Isolate
Someone linked me this, and boy I don't even know where to start...

1, Best way to find out how to play Werewolf is to.. well read this:
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=16872
And this:
viewtopic.php?f=179&t=18356

2. You're not a nerd. You're someone behind a screen. That's all.

Now onto the actual game;

You mention that there are 2 groups. I'm guessing that the AnDgels are the equivalent to the Werewolfs/Mafia and nDemons to Village. By general rule, one team has more powers but fewer members due to the advantage of knowing who is their team while the other has powerful investigative roles to find out who is a good guy/bad guy.

Next up is your take on public actions. I remember vaguely Rainboy hosting something alike to your system her but diferent at the same time. He had a map, skills(or powers as you might wanna say) and a shop that allowed you to collect items that would provide some useful powers. Your take on the game board though is rather.. well strange to me which leads me to the next part I wanna talk about that being the gameplay part.

You mention that the objective is to convert all members of the opposing team to your team. So we're talking about a cult system. Usually it means that there's a powerful leader that when killed has a second chance to win the game for the cult by choosing another leader(it rather depends of the roleset). The gamestyle you want to use... well to put it blunt, it will suck. Because it'll lead to stagnate votes on shifting the people from one side to another and then to another again. This back and forth will stagnate the game rather fast in my personal opinion. Then again there's your card system which i think that it was your attempt to solutionate this issue.

I do believe that it could work. Rolls a dice for a power, but your powers are a bit overwhelming. I'd also suggest that instead of focusing on converting people to each other teams, introduce the common Lynch system we have, and make the conversion type of gameplay you wanna put as an objective to a single team rather than both. It would make it a bit chaotic and lead to loops of back and forth with people. There's a bit just too much randomness when it comes to your roles. Though I think that if you manage to incite the help of former hosts (Maybe Hater or Rainboy would be interested in this type of concept) and help you out hosting the game.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
NUMBLE
Heart-Break

Sun Apr 30, 2017 8:33 pm

#4 Post Re: Game Concept : AnDgels & nDemons Isolate
I like your notes thank you :)

Quote:
You mention that the objective is to convert all members of the opposing team to your team. So we're talking about a cult system. Usually it means that there's a powerful leader that when killed has a second chance to win the game for the cult by choosing another leader(it rather depends of the roleset). The gamestyle you want to use... well to put it blunt, it will suck. Because it'll lead to stagnate votes on shifting the people from one side to another and then to another again. This back and forth will stagnate the game rather fast in my personal opinion. Then again there's your card system which i think that it was your attempt to solutionate this issue.

Groups are evenly arranged as either Angels or Demon and each has his leader (Archangel or Dragon). I should have added that once converted you retain your new allegiance and can only go as far as neutral. To clear things up, the objective can rather be not to convert the other team to your side, but to convert the entire other team away from their side. (Play until only one team and/or neutrals are left remaining.)

It was a lot to think about even when I was putting the game together, but I thought one of the most interesting things would be that all actions are revealed, but the person who caused the action is NOT. The allegiance of a player is never revealed and players must deduce based on gameplay who is what. Obviously there will be some automatic obvious triggers (i.e. all players being smited out of an area by an Archanegel) but I don't know exactly how the game would play out myself.

This would lead to investigating and experimenting with seeing who is on what team, based on 1. allegiance changes in the same area (powers may only be used on players in the same location), 2. movements 3. revelations as to whether one player is an enemy of another player or not 4. etc.

The game map itself is split into 5 sections, and players must use one of their turns to change locations. Pretty much, per round players can do one of 5 things.

1. Use a private power
2. Vote for battle
3. Take a card
4. Move
5. Know your enemy option

This mod is not Werewolf related, it is only Werewolf inspired :)

http://Godsservant.info :)

Sun Apr 30, 2017 9:55 pm

#5 Post Re: Game Concept : AnDgels & nDemons Isolate
God's servant wrote:
Groups are evenly arranged as either Angels or Demon and each has his leader (Archangel or Dragon). I should have added that once converted you retain your new allegiance and can only go as far as neutral. To clear things up, the objective can rather be not to convert the other team to your side, but to convert the entire other team away from their side. (Play until only one team and/or neutrals are left remaining.)

Won't this however clash with your card system though? Or once allegiance has changed the new allegiance cards get locked out?(More precively the Card 4)

It was a lot to think about even when I was putting the game together, but I thought one of the most interesting things would be that all actions are revealed, but the person who caused the action is NOT. The allegiance of a player is never revealed and players must deduce based on gameplay who is what. Obviously there will be some automatic obvious triggers (i.e. all players being smited out of an area by an Archanegel) but I don't know exactly how the game would play out myself.

It makes sense. With all actions out on the plate it *might* be easier to figure out who's what. But think of the various possible plans of action. A player might choose not to do any of the 5 options, or simply enact to be away from the game.

This would lead to investigating and experimenting with seeing who is on what team, based on 1. allegiance changes in the same area (powers may only be used on players in the same location), 2. movements 3. revelations as to whether one player is an enemy of another player or not 4. etc.

The game map itself is split into 5 sections, and players must use one of their turns to change locations. Pretty much, per round players can do one of 5 things.

1. Use a private power
2. Vote for battle
3. Take a card
4. Move
5. Know your enemy option

This mod is not Werewolf related, it is only Werewolf inspired :)

Ah.. so you don't really took up the mechanics used on Werewolf rather you created your own. I get where you wanna go but it's a bit far-fetched. Nonetheless, good luck with it.

You try to give your love away because you cannot bear its radiance, but you cannot separate it from yourself. To understand your fellow humans, you must understand why you give them your love. You must realize that hate is but a crime-ridden subdivision of love. You must reclaim what you never lost. You must take leave of your sanity, and yet be fully responsible for your actions.
NUMBLE
Heart-Break

Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:13 pm
Reply to topic   [ 5 posts ]