Clarification - VIP guns - POLL

Should we make an exception to the VIP - gun rule, regarding Rambo?

Poll ended at Wed Sep 05, 2018 11:32 pm

Yes
76%
No
24%

Total votes: 45
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Clarification - VIP guns - POLL

Post by zapt0r »

In the heat of the moment, a poll has been created. Submit your vote, quite simple - Yes or No. The Poll will be up for 8 days.

Just some clarification regarding giving yourself VIP weapons. A lot of people asked about it the other day. So, we are going to stick with the rule that is given in the gameguide.

Code: Select all

- You cannot give yourself guns as a T, except on (restricted) freedays, while being in the gunroom, right next to the weapons and with no CTs inside there. The RTD option which may give you a gun is an exception, however.
Meaning you are only allowed to give yourself guns as explained above. Not on fundays etc.
zapt0r wrote: The purpose of this post was just to clarify what the CURRENT rule actually is, and how it should be applied. Of course, we could debate whether or not to change this specific rule. Personally, I see no issue with giving yourself an autosniper on a day like rambo. However, the rules are not up to my personal preference, nor any other individual. We, therefore, follow what is set - until a potential rule-change take place. Once / if that happens - you will be informed.
Regards,
zapt0r
Freddy
VIP

Re: Clarification - VIP guns

Post by Freddy »

What is wrong with VIPs giving themselves an autosniper on a rambo funday? I am pretty sure this was caused by baby slaying kamer yesterday for getting an autosniper, I suppose this can be an exception no?
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

It might be best to simply disallow Ts giving guns to themselves completely.

In theory, the current rule would work just fine. After all, Ts can easily equip themselves with Gunroom guns, so it doesn't matter if they take a VIP gun instead.

However, I fear that many people will fail to comprehend the rule, as evidenced by this thread. For the sake of simplicity, we should just remove the GR exception and forbid Ts taking guns in any conditions.
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Why though? This is one of those things where the admins yet again agree to something that is completely opposite to how the game is played on the servers. Giving yourself guns on rambo day as T has always been done and accepted(by members and admins alike), it's not overpowered at all lol. How messy is your system if you can't even make it a simple exception to just say 'except on rambo day'. The game guide is a guide, you don't have to abide by it blindly, that's why you make amendments to it based on how the playerbase plays the game because obviously there's going to be unwritten rules missing from it as you can't possibly cover every aspect of jailbreak in it.

For context I'm talking about rambo day because the incident that triggered this clarification was a member slaying one person for getting guns on rambo day, apparently the admin response to one member getting confused is to ban guns on that day altogether rather than adding 4 words to the guide.
Spoiler!
It might seem like I'm being a bit aggressive towards the admin team here but much to the contrary I'm actually quite happy with their latest movements, it just boggles my mind how such a tiny incident results in us not being able to get guns as VIP on rambo day anymore
EDIT @baby:
Spoiler!
thank you for the clarificatioon Zaptor , But ofcourse everything is baby's fault these days :dance:
Not once did I mention you by name, I have no problem with you I have a problem with the rule 'change'. If you can't contribute meaningfully then please move along, the adults are talking
Last edited by KaitoKid on Tue Aug 28, 2018 4:18 pm, edited 2 times in total.
STEAM_0:0:51774830
baby

Post by baby »

KaitoKid wrote: For context I'm talking about rambo day because the incident that triggered this clarification was a member slaying one person for getting guns on rambo day, apparently the admin response to one member getting confused is to ban guns on that day altogether rather than adding 4 words to the guide.
Freddy wrote:What is wrong with VIPs giving themselves an autosniper on a rambo funday? I am pretty sure this was caused by baby slaying kamer yesterday for getting an autosniper, I suppose this can be an exception no?
thank you for the clarificatioon Zaptor , But ofcourse everything is baby's fault these days :dance:
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Cmon baby he purposely didnt name you...

I have to agree with kaito here, in what way is another gun then a fast spraying m4 "overpowered"?
The rambo has 15k hp or something there should really be exceptions.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

Issue here is interpreting the rule to know if a gun is allowed on rambo funday and the answer is no, the rule says it's never allowed to give yourself guns except on restricted freedays etc.

About how good that rule reflects the general game flow is another subject and would lead to a rule change, which is a process more complex than simply interpreting it and applying it.

So if it is to be changed you can't except for that to happen right when you're playing, and then ask around and members/admins conclude it's not really fitting the server so it should be ignored. We need to follow a procedure for changes, and above all the rules.
Freddy
VIP

Post by Freddy »

uhu wrote:Issue here is interpreting the rule to know if a gun is allowed on rambo funday and the answer is no, the rule says it's never allowed to give yourself guns except on restricted freedays etc.

About how good that rule reflects the general game flow is another subject and would lead to a rule change, which is a process more complex than simply interpreting it and applying it.

So if it is to be changed you can't except for that to happen right when you're playing, and then ask around and members/admins conclude it's not really fitting the server so it should be ignored. We need to follow a procedure for changes, and above all the rules.
How is it more complex to rewrite a sentence? quite frankly you've done it many times before neither will it be a hassle to inform all the members/admins as it's already commonly interpreted as such.

Also baby, no one is blaming you. I'm stating the obvious and giving the reason for this rule change from my perspective. No need to be extremely arrogant.
uhu
neonDragon Admin

Post by uhu »

You're right it's not the hardest thing in the world. I was comparing interpreting vs rewriting. Would need to be discussed between admins to know if there's a good reason, and need for it; just there, it takes more work than simply interpreting it.

Fact is, everyone who is used to doing crap at the servers, and getting away with it, will come to forums or whine to friends about how bad they were treated, and I see much of this being dumped over baby's shoulders. I also see that his replies should sometimes be avoided, but it's ridiculous how normal the misbehaving has gotten to be that there will be people that think it's outrageous to ever be moderated.

I don't "rewrite" rules, you should know better than anyone by the all the times you questioned members and admins about my actions.
Hadi

Post by Hadi »

Rules are rules, like uhu said it needs to discussed between admins, but i see it like it doesn't seem like a problem if a VIP gave
himself a gun on Rambo only if the VIP is the Rambo (lol).

And for Baby should not slain Kamer instantly, he should explain to him first.

Think before you act .. ffs
Failing is not falling down, it's refusing to get back up.

This is 10% LUCK!
20% SKILL!
15% CONCENTRATED POWER OF WILL!
5% PLEASURE!
50% PAIN!
This is a 100% REASON TO REMEMBER THE NAME!
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

I do believe everyone has a solid point in this discussion. Because I got used to it aswell that no one ever complained or saw it as a rulebreak to give yourself an autosniper on a rambo day. But if we would think further and give an example what if you have around 5-10 vips where each one of them give themselve an autosniper.
Which can happen since it is nowadays easier to become VIP bcs of having guys who aim for nD$.
Then I/we can be sure it is OP then and the rambo wont have any chance at all anymore.
Also finding gaps inbetween some rules and to then say it's not written clearly down there is a bit weak in my eyes, since I feel like some of our players have nothing better to do than to find exactly those gaps to be sorry for that word an smartass at the end then.

As for you baby I could only advice you to swallow some things since it wont bring you closer to our regulars with kinda answers like "See I told ya". And it is even kinda our job to work with the regulars together instead as seing everyone as an enemy to improve on the gameplay.
Same goes for our regulars like an example Fred. There was no need that you at any point mention his name. If you look at Kaito's/durrty's reply you can see it is possible to discuss things without brining exactly this member in a bad spotlight again who had to go through a lot of shitstorm lately. No matter he did right or wrong. For that you have the chance to talk to an admin in private in multiple ways. Bcs we members and admins have eyes aswell which you can see with him getting extended.

I wish we could all get in a better way along again without having always drama about the smallest things. Freekills happen, teamkills happen and so can also a slain happen which maybe was not justified. But I guess at the end we are all humans and do mistakes now and then. I did slay guys too when I thought I been right with a rule and it took me no effort to apologize later for it.
The key is a balance of understanding eachothers side without rushing to a drama or pointing fingers on someone.

Tried to not create a textwall but that's me :D Sowiiii
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Freddy
VIP

Post by Freddy »

ZeRo#1 wrote:I do believe everyone has a solid point in this discussion. Because I got used to it aswell that no one ever complained or saw it as a rulebreak to give yourself an autosniper on a rambo day. But if we would think further and give an example what if you have around 5-10 vips where each one of them give themselve an autosniper.
Which can happen since it is nowadays easier to become VIP bcs of having guys who aim for nD$.
Then I/we can be sure it is OP then and the rambo wont have any chance at all anymore.
Also finding gaps inbetween some rules and to then say it's not written clearly down there is a bit weak in my eyes, since I feel like some of our players have nothing better to do than to find exactly those gaps to be sorry for that word an smartass at the end then.

As for you baby I could only advice you to swallow some things since it wont bring you closer to our regulars with kinda answers like "See I told ya". And it is even kinda our job to work with the regulars together instead as seing everyone as an enemy to improve on the gameplay.
Same goes for our regulars like an example Fred. There was no need that you at any point mention his name. If you look at Kaito's/durrty's reply you can see it is possible to discuss things without brining exactly this member in a bad spotlight again who had to go through a lot of shitstorm lately. No matter he did right or wrong. For that you have the chance to talk to an admin in private in multiple ways. Bcs we members and admins have eyes aswell which you can see with him getting extended.

I wish we could all get in a better way along again without having always drama about the smallest things. Freekills happen, teamkills happen and so can also a slain happen which maybe was not justified. But I guess at the end we are all humans and do mistakes now and then. I did slay guys too when I thought I been right with a rule and it took me no effort to apologize later for it.
The key is a balance of understanding eachothers side without rushing to a drama or pointing fingers on someone.

Tried to not create a textwall but that's me :D Sowiiii
Not to sound rude or anything but simply getting butthurt over specific details depicts immaturity. I can understand baby's view on this of regulars having a "grudge" against him but I can assure you such thing does not exist or atleast for me, there's no need to be extremely sensitive over light comments. It happens.

In terms of the rule, you also have to regard that on a full server the rambo normally has about 15k+ (not quite sure what the exact figure is) and 9/10 times is in a camping position. 2-3 people using an autosniper that bearing in mind does not have unlimited ammo like the M4 doesn't quite seem overpowered for me.
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

As Uhu said, changing the rule is not going to happen overnight. The purpose of this post was just to clarify what the CURRENT rule actually is, and how it should be applied. Of course, we could debate whether or not to change this specific rule. Personally, I see no issue with giving yourself an autosniper on a day like rambo. However, the rules are not up to my personal preference, nor any other individual. We, therefore, follow what is set - until a potential rule-change take place. Once / if that happens - you will be informed.
Regards,
zapt0r
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

zapt0r wrote:As Uhu said, changing the rule is not going to happen overnight. The purpose of this post was just to clarify what the CURRENT rule actually is, and how it should be applied. Of course, we could debate whether or not to change this specific rule. Personally, I see no issue with giving yourself an autosniper on a day like rambo. However, the rules are not up to my personal preference, nor any other individual. We, therefore, follow what is set - until a potential rule-change take place. Once / if that happens - you will be informed.
This clarified alot, thanks.
I guess we'll take it for what it is now but a simple request to discuss this further in the admin meeting, because it might seem like a small thing but its something alot of vips use on the particular funday.
Also I wanna apologize for the kamer incident, because he asked me the question (before he used it) and my answer was reversed to the truth, dont take it out on baby, he was simply following the rules.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
austria_wien

Post by austria_wien »

zapt0r wrote:As Uhu said, changing the rule is not going to happen overnight. The purpose of this post was just to clarify what the CURRENT rule actually is, and how it should be applied. Of course, we could debate whether or not to change this specific rule. Personally, I see no issue with giving yourself an autosniper on a day like rambo. However, the rules are not up to my personal preference, nor any other individual. We, therefore, follow what is set - until a potential rule-change take place. Once / if that happens - you will be informed.
sensitivity guys. its once again sensitivity or.. intuition.
OnServer: DrunkeN[aT]
My girlfriend said, don't gamble. I thought ffs ofc i will gamble. Then my parents said don't gamble. Now I am clean since 02/12/2014.

Return to “Old News”