View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Nov 14, 2019 12:30 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK

Hello community! We had an admin meeting and the results are as follows:

Snap's application for our Jail Team has been Accepted.
    Tixler 's application has been Extended for our Jail Team

Good luck to those who got extended!

StickySteez's trial for the Jail Team
    has been Accepted
    Nallez's trial for the Jail Team
    has been Accepted

vodoo's trial for the Fun Team has been Accepted
    Amir's trial for the Fun Team has been Accepted

Genesis's trial for our CS:GO Team has been Accepted

Hunie/Leftover decided to leave the team before his trial was over.

We have decided to give Xalus greater access, allowing him to be more productive, and hopefully add new plugins to the servers as soon as possible. He has been a great asset to nD.

A bounty feature will be added to our Jailbreak Server. T's can put a bounty on someone's head in the CT-team. CT's won't know that a bounty has been put on someone's head. The bounty can only be claimed/won during normal days (exluding fundays, hns, lr).

A vote for /freerun will be added to the Deathrun server when there is more than 1 T.

Smoketoss for lr/tgame will be added along with new/more fundays for Jailbreak.

We are currently working on a list of weekly challenges for a few servers. We hope they will be up and running soon enough.

We will create a list / id where people can donate money. When it reaches a certain amount of ndcash, happy-hour will be arranged. More on this later

Superhero mod: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=29872 - Status on hold.

Gungame mod: http://www.neondragon.net/viewtopic.php?f=119&t=30070 - Status on hold.

Potato, Sticky and Nallez are now able to handle CT applications.

New Member Rank

We have decided to add an additional member rank, as well as renaming the current member tags. The member responsibilities and setup are as follows:

nD¹ "team" | "name" e.x. nD¹ Fun | Amir

Regular powers in-game and forum rank.

nD² "team" | "name" e.x nD² Jail | Zero

Access to permban tool

Access to handle cheater reports

Access to ct applications

Same features as nD¹

nD³ "team" | "name" e.x nD³ Jail | Lawliet

Access to handle all reports *

In charge of hosting regular team/member meetings, where he also collects the member's votes on applicants

Same features as nD¹, nD²

If members do not like nD¹, nD² and nD³ - it will be substituted with nD*, nD**, nD***.

With this opportunity, we have promoted Lawliet to nD³ Jail | congrats!

The Admin Team

Sun Feb 25, 2018 10:58 pm
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
New Frontpage

From now on, when visiting https://www.neondragon.net/ you will be greeted by a new frontpage. This is aimed at new players who visit this site. There they will find information about a few common topics new players might be interested in. Such as how to become VIP, what to do when you were banned, etc.

The forums are still available at https://www.neondragon.net/index.php. So bookmark or open that link to skip the page and go directly to the forums.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:11 pm

#3 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
GRATZ LAWLIETTTTT3333 Hope you carry now.
Gz snap

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:17 pm

#4 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
I like the changes, good job! Just would like to know when youre planning to take care of the zm server (if youre planning)
About the applicants to the jb team, I dont agree with the decisions.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:17 pm
neonDragon Admin

#5 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Queen's Revenge wrote:
I like the changes, good job! Just would like to know when youre planning to take care of the zm server (if youre planning)
About the applicants to the jb team, I dont agree with the decisions.

Pukata is in charge of this, but unfortunately, he is busy. Therefore the zm server is on hold for at least 2-3 months.

Sun Feb 25, 2018 11:21 pm

#6 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
congrats everyone

Image Image

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:19 am

#7 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
I dig what you guys did on the main page, it is definately a great guide and it looks good as well.

And about the member rank 3, I definately don't like the number, stars are cooler, but I got a question, what is the point of having the *** rank if the member has the majority of what an admin has? Excluding having access to ingame code.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 12:50 am

#8 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Congratulations! Very early admin meeting

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:32 am

#9 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Razor8182 wrote:
And about the member rank 3, I definately don't like the number, stars are cooler, but I got a question, what is the point of having the *** rank if the member has the majority of what an admin has? Excluding having access to ingame code.

You answered yourself in the question.

Image Image

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:36 am

#10 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
doeda wrote:
Razor8182 wrote:

Dat is just one thing tho, if that is the case then just let the guy become an admin already.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 1:45 am
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Razor8182 wrote:
doeda wrote:
Razor8182 wrote:

Dat is just one thing tho, if that is the case then just let the guy become an admin already.

I do not think you understand what tasks and tools that come with adminship. The new rank gives a member the possibility to handle all kinds of reports through strikelist, he gets no admin tools. It is, however, one step closer to admin. The leap and gap between member - admin has been huge, this arrangement somewhat diminishes that and enables us to track and communicate better with the members.

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:16 am

#12 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
i m not sure how important the member ranking system on the server is in your guys opinion. i feel like there are unneccessary visual changes made. i ve always thought nD* "team" | "name" is enough to show that you belong to the staff in charge of moderating the servers. i see that 2 stars are meant to be a higher "rank" and are infact able to permanently ban from inside the server. i dont think that it was ever needed to show that you have these abilities inside the server by adding a star to the tag. a member stays a member and all of them have the same rights and tasks in the server. now the 3 stars (nD³) is introduced but has nothing new added to his abilities to moderate inside the server. so if im a regular and see them on the server it does not make a change for me if the member has a rank 1, 2 or 3 since all are the same inside the server.
inside the server is no need for a change of the tags. if i need a member i take whoever is free at that time.
on the other hand knowing who has which abilities and tasks outside the server could only be benefitful on the 3 stars members to talk to them about ideas for the member meetings. i do not need to see someone in the server with 3 stars on the server to know who to talk to about specific topics that do not have to be moderated but only to be taken note of and be carried to a member meeting. if i have such specific topics i would also take it to any member available and make sure they note it or take it to the meeting.
i m not saying it is wrong to have a ranking system, and that it is indeed good to have members who stand for every other of their member group to voice them when it comes to meetings in general as we used to have that system but without the unneccessary tags. all i say is that its not neccessary to have new tags ingame when nothing changes at all.
congratz to the trust in lawliet with this task. hope you can fulfill your position and get the team closer together once again.

and also is it supposed to look like this on the front page or wouldnt it look better when there werent breaks in the topics and they get parted in half? i would have an easier read and view if there wouldnt. thanks for considering my thought on this.
Spoiler: show

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:17 am
neonDragon Admin

#13 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
@kami

It does not have any effect in-game other than visual representation, no. However, as you said it does give you a pinpoint of who to go to for certain queries and tasks. In-game you go to a member with 2+ stars if permbantool is required. 3 stars is a "rank" above that, not only symbolising that he can handle reports but also greater experience and knowledge. The "inexperienced" members will also have someone to go to. If matters are not solved it can be brought up to admins. With this setup, it's clear, who can do what.

In a chain of command, it is evident that in order to promote motivation you need something to strive for. If a new rank can promote greater efficiency and motivation amongst the members, and at the same time take some of the workload off of admins, it is worth adding. The previous system did not allow for that, at least not in the same way. It is a big change but at the same time it is not, just something to be used to.

As for the prontpage, it does not look like that for me. Everything is perfectly in line, maybe try another browser?

Mon Feb 26, 2018 2:40 am

#14 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Gz

Mon Feb 26, 2018 7:00 am

#15 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 25/02/18 - NEW MEMBER RANK
Yo , yo yo yo chill outaaaaaa nice work admins i lova yaaaa and you sexy zaptor. Btw who ever made that forum beauty was great!!!!!

Mon Feb 26, 2018 8:01 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 49 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next