View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Nov 18, 2019 3:16 pm



Reply to topic  [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 130 times
#46 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
L.A.P.D- call 911 wrote:
Are you trying to add that "Death has left the CSGO team" before its too late?

Will be added in the next outcome since it happened after this meeting was over.

_________________
Image
Spoiler: show
Image


Wed Nov 15, 2017 3:39 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Mar 04, 2016 7:47 am
Location: Shqipëri
Has thanked: 32 times
Been thanked: 41 times
#47 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Congratz to everyone,
Everything here in this meeting is about cs 1.6...

_________________
You need help?
Send me a private message !

These kids...Image

Serselli?


Wed Nov 15, 2017 8:46 pm
Profile WWW
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 65 times
#48 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Patrick wrote:
L.A.P.D- call 911 wrote:
Are you trying to add that "Death has left the CSGO team" before its too late?

Will be added in the next outcome since it happened after this meeting was over.

Also do consider promoting potential members next meet. nD clearly needs more admins atm because currently many Admins are not very active in game and forums. Actually this is not a new thing. Some admins I rarely see in-game (like once or twice a year) and they hardly have any forum activity. Please don't get me wrong I don't know what the activity rule for admins is and neither I am questioning it. Just that having new promotions of deserving, worthy and dedicated members will really help in keeping the server healthy!! More admin/s means more healthy server as well as less work load per admin.... Lemme know what you guys think abt this....

_________________
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D


Thu Nov 16, 2017 9:22 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 7 times
#49 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Patrick wrote:
L.A.P.D- call 911 wrote:
Are you trying to add that "Death has left the CSGO team" before its too late?

Will be added in the next outcome since it happened after this meeting was over.

Also do consider promoting potential members next meet. nD clearly needs more admins atm because currently many Admins are not very active in game and forums. Actually this is not a new thing. Some admins I rarely see in-game (like once or twice a year) and they hardly have any forum activity. Please don't get me wrong I don't know what the activity rule for admins is and neither I am questioning it. Just that having new promotions of deserving, worthy and dedicated members will really help in keeping the server healthy!! More admin/s means more healthy server as well as less work load per admin.... Lemme know what you guys think abt this....


Maybe they aren't online when you are , as your activity kinda decreased nowadays , but well they all have different jobs , so being an admin doesn't really mean that you have to be active on the forums and as well as on the servers.. Currently Joel , Ko9 , Patrick , regit and uhu can be seen around on the servers as well as on the forums only few like voro and Pukata aren't much active nowadays , and as Pukata usually look after the plugins and all stuff , his activity doesn't really does any harm I guess , he usually just take a look at the server / forums conditions and starts working on it and tries to fix it .

+1 to the point that the deserving members should be promoted , and also if we have more Tech. Admins it would be great as we have some servers like ZM / ZE on which there aren't much players , Not sure about the reason why they aren't , maybe coz it's not fun playing on them anymore or maybe they are down most of the time..


Thu Nov 16, 2017 2:58 pm
Profile
Friend of the Community

Joined: Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:57 pm
Has thanked: 8 times
Been thanked: 59 times
#50 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Fwiw, Pukata is actually the most active admin on the servers but he plays mostly on the CS:GO servers which is why you don't see him @AlwaysWin

_________________
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:18 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed May 25, 2016 8:48 am
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 7 times
#51 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Maki wrote:
Fwiw, Pukata is actually the most active admin on the servers but he plays mostly on the CS:GO servers which is why you don't see him @AlwaysWin

My bad as I don't play CS:GO :p


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:21 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jan 05, 2017 9:22 am
Location: Mumbai, India
Has thanked: 136 times
Been thanked: 65 times
#52 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Ok so I guess maybe things are different in-game since I went inactive. But anyways the main thing that I wanted to say is that u guys do consider promoting deserving Members. Thank you alwayawin my Indian bruw :D

_________________
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:23 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 130 times
#53 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Dee Dee wrote:
Another admin could result in a good addition, but I don't know if rushing a promotion is the most sensible thing to do just because some people don't do much. However, it will be needed at some point.


This sums it up quite well. We shouldn't rush a promotion just because we have been rather inactive over the last couple of months. We are always trying to keep an eye out for members, but we want them to stand out of the crowd of members for a longer period and show consistency in their work and effort before we can consider a promotion.
It's also difficult to promote members when some of the most promising and experienced members are leaving.

Quality over quantity.

_________________
Image
Spoiler: show
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 3:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry
Has thanked: 103 times
Been thanked: 62 times
#54 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Until now, there always were inactive admins. What is the admin team going to do to fight this inactivity? What is different now that will make admins more active?


Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:26 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Tue Mar 08, 2016 8:30 pm
Location: Denmark
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 130 times
#55 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Queen's Revenge wrote:
Until now, there always were inactive admins. What is the admin team going to do to fight this inactivity? What is different now that will make admins more active?

Improved internal communication.

There is rules for admin activity as well. It's just more difficult to demote an admin than a member, which is also why it's not something we have done that much in the past.

_________________
Image
Spoiler: show
Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 5:30 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Jul 27, 2013 9:03 pm
Has thanked: 269 times
Been thanked: 133 times
#56 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
I fully agree with Patrick, rushing an promotion is not something nD needs at the moment. What I do want to say is that there have been occasions where you could've promoted members to admin that were worthy of that position: "Majin" "madlife" and recently who is doing some outstanding work, zaptor. I don't think promoting any of the mentioned members would have done any harm but only good. They were loved by the community AND the servers plus they have shown that they own responsibility, respect, dedication and are well able to contribute the same as the previous admins have done, which is only good.

Just saying the members who recently left haven't all left cuz of irl but were just tired of the miscommunication, who maybe could've made a difference themselves.

No point in waiting until they're gone to say that they have all left.

_________________
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Image

Image Image


Thu Nov 16, 2017 7:53 pm
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 522 times
#57 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Look, I can't stress enough just how much time and effort being an admin takes. You're expected to be as active, or more active on the servers as members. On top of that you generally have to deal with over 20 different queries a day all of which requires time to talk to parties involved, investigate etc. Then you have to read threads on the forums, sometimes discuss with other admins aspects of posts or circumstances behind bans or incidents between members/players. There is an awful lot involved which people just don't realise until they're in that position and on top of that you then have to deal with hate from people who disagree with your (and other admins) decisions. There is a reason why newly promoted admins quickly go inactive and that's because they realise just how much of a shitty job it is.

One of the reasons why we're so reluctant to promote members to admins is because there's a much bigger potential to cause damage to the servers and the community and it's harder to spot abuse and deal with abuse from admins than it is from members. Another reason is because the decisions admins make regarding things like judging the outcomes of reports or forum altercations, deciding what members to recruit and other decisions which affect the direction the community goes in are much broader things which require critical thinking and non-bias. Another reason is that these traits or other traits that are sought after for admins need to be demonstrated, consistently, on the forums and on the servers before we'll be happy to entrust admin to people.

As far as members that could have been promoted, it's difficult to comment on individual people because I don't want to offend people but generally when people are brought up specifically for "why hasn't XYZ been promoted" there are reasons why and it's not like we don't want to recruit admins. I've been saying for years that we need fresh blood in the admin team but it's very difficult to find people to fill those positions - which are basically unpaid jobs, especially when as most people seem to agree the general quality of applicants seems to be declining and thus the pool of candidates to promote.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 17, 2017 2:43 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Sep 26, 2016 12:28 am
Has thanked: 80 times
Been thanked: 62 times
#58 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Konijn wrote:
Look, I can't stress enough just how much time and effort being an admin takes. You're expected to be as active, or more active on the servers as members. On top of that you generally have to deal with over 20 different queries a day all of which requires time to talk to parties involved, investigate etc. Then you have to read threads on the forums, sometimes discuss with other admins aspects of posts or circumstances behind bans or incidents between members/players. There is an awful lot involved which people just don't realise until they're in that position and on top of that you then have to deal with hate from people who disagree with your (and other admins) decisions. There is a reason why newly promoted admins quickly go inactive and that's because they realise just how much of a shitty job it is.

One of the reasons why we're so reluctant to promote members to admins is because there's a much bigger potential to cause damage to the servers and the community and it's harder to spot abuse and deal with abuse from admins than it is from members. Another reason is because the decisions admins make regarding things like judging the outcomes of reports or forum altercations, deciding what members to recruit and other decisions which affect the direction the community goes in are much broader things which require critical thinking and non-bias. Another reason is that these traits or other traits that are sought after for admins need to be demonstrated, consistently, on the forums and on the servers before we'll be happy to entrust admin to people.

As far as members that could have been promoted, it's difficult to comment on individual people because I don't want to offend people but generally when people are brought up specifically for "why hasn't XYZ been promoted" there are reasons why and it's not like we don't want to recruit admins. I've been saying for years that we need fresh blood in the admin team but it's very difficult to find people to fill those positions - which are basically unpaid jobs, especially when as most people seem to agree the general quality of applicants seems to be declining and thus the pool of candidates to promote.


You say that, realise that, felt and experienced that, and yet had decided to promote the ND*Fun clownshow to adminship (Or whichever admin made the move) instead of ND*Jail members THAT WERE SPECIFICALLY TRAINED FOR THIS EXACT TYPE OF TASK? Now it's proven that they just can't handle it at all, making stupid decisions left, right and center.

When it was an admin frontline line-up of you, Waschera, Apekiller and Lien, (at the time I was still making ND Clip series) things went really well, with careful, rational decisions and very careful, in-depthly overviewed membership appointings. Why? Ya'll were veterans, ex-Jail members basically evolving moderating a full Jailbreak server until the promotion day, having learned the ways of acting cold when it was needed but not go with any egotistical triggerhappiness at all (sadly that's Kurochi, I can see why he fucked off here like that, but I'm glad he did) and yet staying positive (Waschera is still my favourite admin (and/or ex-admin) that has ever been thys far).
Lien was the vDou type of admin, adding a nice diversity to the admin team.

This is why I'd like to encourage you to consider zapt0r as the nearest possible admin promotion. I had a chat with him about current issues within the community a few days ago, he really knows what he's talking about and has already made some great moves to counter the clownshow we are dealing with right now, in terms of membership approvements, what should be moderated and what not, and so on. That is the promotion I GUARANTEE that will profit very well.

_________________
Image


Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:48 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Oct 01, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Germany
Has thanked: 239 times
Been thanked: 139 times
#59 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Spoiler: show
nD should start working on realizationing the thoughts in shadis graph. starting with getting rid of people who have never even tried leaving the red circle. ^
Image

_________________
My Yt Channel :3
https://www.youtube.com/user/kami4bulhud/videos
My Twitch Channel
http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image


Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:29 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Oct 28, 2013 5:51 am
Has thanked: 124 times
Been thanked: 20 times
#60 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 13-11-2017
Gz to the accepted members (Baby don't lose hope it just takes abit of more time to get accepted)

Sad to see Mila&Madlife leaves... :/

_________________
Image

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”


Tue Nov 21, 2017 9:44 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 60 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.