Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Locked
User avatar
Mystic
Posts: 1614
Joined: Sun Jan 02, 2011 4:42 pm
Location: <script>alert("hey")</script>
Has thanked: 19 times
Been thanked: 101 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Mystic »

Excuse me, but how is accepting a female bringing this community downhill? A LOT of other stuff that has happened over the past years, has contributed to the community having changed as a whole. But in the end of the days, we're still here aren't we? We're online, where everyone is different. Yes, perhaps girls get looked at from a different view, but what do you expect? And maybe there is a bit of 'favouritism' going on.
It's good to acknowledge that and take that into account. props to ya.
But I know the admins and know this community inside out. And where I do not always agree with the made decisions.. I for one can tell that they are being made with the best of intentions. Made to improve the community, to loosen things up at times. Made to keep us here, together. And to keep this community running.
Undoubtedly admins do their best to make decisions to improve the longetivity of the servers, but I believe the same goes for most regulars, albeit some will be immature/short-sighted.
Don't forget that the admins are also human? I'm female, I voted yes on snoose. Did that make me a bad admin? Does it mean that I favoured her? And if so, what would that make me? Please, just try to look at it from different point of views, as I can imagine that Mila didn't look forward to posts like yours!
Good point, but hey she should get used to it. I don't see many personal attacks against her in this thread at the time of writing this, but she as a member should be able to deal with criticism, and if she was chosen by the admins to become a member I think she won't get too upset.
I worked my absolute ass off to get where I ended up, and yes I've made mistakes. And yes I've done some shitty things when I just joined, but not once did I get any more leeway than any other applicant. If all, I was being put under a microscope cuz I done plenty of things wrong.

Uhh... if you say so!
Luna got kicked for letting her brother play, and had to prove multiple times that she was perfectly capable of handling member duties.
No hate on Luna, but I'm pretty sure she let her brother play MULTIPLE times on her account(even after warnings + he ended up abusing the menu when he got mad). I was very active during this time and still remember it. She had gotten kicked after several warnings to not let her brother play on her account. I'm 100% sure the admins were being lenient on her.
Foxy had to prove her worth of becoming a forum moderator. Snoose had to show that she had it in her too. And in the end, all of us are different... Yet we all had to prove our worth, just like all the males have/had to do.
Some more so than others, but overall I agree.
Maybe you (the people that question this whole accepting of females) should look at it from a different point of view? Or perhaps try at least? There is a different ratio to ratio here. Where e.g out of 100 male applications 70 get accepted (70%), no one will question it. But if 3 out of 6 (50%) girls get accepted, it instantly becomes this massive problem? Or reason for people to jump on the "omg, clearly she gets in cuz she is a girl" bandwagon. No, this is not me trying to explain/defend myself, or the admin team for that matter. It's stating facts.
Terrible misrepresentation of statistics. Nice try at spinning the narrative you way though. Go to the application section right now, and check all the applications, note them down by accepted / denied and note the gender. We are not including any other metric in this analysis, just ratio of accepted / declined between males and females. If you actually don't pull numbers out of your ass, you would see its more like 10% accepted for males and like 75% accepted for females. I do realise you were just giving an example, but any person with half a braincell can see that the ratios are VERY skewed in favour of females getting accepted to the member team. Ofcourse you could argue females are more mature or have whatever quality, but really I don't give a shit.
Anyway, everyone has their own opinion. And I don't feel the need to try and change any of your views.. You're all allowed to have and uphold your opinion - but please try to show a bit of respect.
TL;DR Yes females do get treated differently, It's just to which extent that matters. This will always be the case, it is a subconscious instinct.

P.S Personally I don't really give a shit about who gets accepted or not, I don't even play cs1.6 anymore, but thought it'd be fun to play devil's advocate a little. IMO it's just better to acknowledge your flaws rather than try to justify it with walls of text.
These users thanked the author Mystic for the post (total 2):
Edo ツ, QuErza!
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Image
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by QuErza! »

No hate to anyone but we all know (almost) all males in here are horny as fuck. Shows boobs get yes. no hate to lien who actually did a damn good job and hell she got declined still worked her ass off to get member. but nowadays it just seems alot easier for boobs to get yes.

Btw just look at those replies on milas app wtf is wrong with you people? "ay my little sister" etc just wtf?
Voropoulo
Posts: 1568
Joined: Sat Mar 21, 2015 10:24 pm
Location: Greece
Has thanked: 139 times
Been thanked: 122 times
Contact:

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Voropoulo »

Waschera wrote:Stop with the crap about not discussing things in this topic. Discussing the latest outcome is exactly what this topic is about. Just lock it if its not.
I meant if someone wants to talk to me about it, he can send me a pm or something. Not in general. And Lien meant the same, i believe.
Image


Image
User avatar
Majin Vegeta #BB
nD* Jail Member
Posts: 457
Joined: Sun Aug 16, 2015 4:53 pm
Location: Behind you
Has thanked: 23 times
Been thanked: 60 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

Image
These users thanked the author Majin Vegeta #BB for the post:
Macho Man
User avatar
Infinite
Posts: 514
Joined: Thu Apr 13, 2017 9:01 am
Location: United Kindom
Has thanked: 66 times
Been thanked: 26 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Infinite »

Mila wrote:Hey.

Most of u said that i got accepted cuz im a girl? And u think that im not moderating? I dont know the rules? I am childish?
I wanted to ignore this hate, just not to argue with anyone here. But as i see u all keep hating. If u tryna bring me down buy commenting this kinda things, then no, u wont. I actually am going up with all those hate, and i am not going to give up on this, cuz i rly want the community to be clean. It doesnt mean that i got accepted only cuz of that im a girl and if u think that i never acually moderated/reported anyone than u are mistaken. And pls stop the hate if u dont see my in-game activity/moderation tho. Admins know what they are doing and they are tying to help the community to grow as much as possible. I will not give up on this, i never gave up on something i rly love in my life,never. By saying im a girl and 14 y/o doesnt mean that i am immature. You all should give me a chance so i can improve myself instead of hating on me. And i will prove to u that i can do this and that i am ready for this. I want to prove u all wrong, just give me a chance, cant u?

Pls stop the hate and let me prove u i can do this.

That's all, ty for reading and pls try to understand me and give me a chance.

Cya!
Well said,I totally agree with you. People if your not ok with Mila stepping up and being a member then you have to deal with it. She is one of the most kindest people ever playing on neondragon.So you guys that are hating will not change the fact that she is capable of being a member.Once again Mila I wish you all the best with your role and your gonna be just fine!
These users thanked the author Infinite for the post:
Saad
User avatar
Makita
Posts: 751
Joined: Wed Jun 19, 2013 4:44 pm
Location: Somewhere on planet Earth
Has thanked: 41 times
Been thanked: 22 times
Contact:

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Makita »

I already have replied on this topic, but I just want to mention something, Mila eventhough you receive all the negative attitude from several people here, you should just simply ignore it and do your job as a member, people have to deal with it and eventually people will see your dedication to this community and they will (hopefully) change their minds about you. I wish you the best and good luck on doing your job, we never really talked with each other, but if you need any help feel free to PM me, would be a pleasure to help you. ;)
These users thanked the author Makita for the post:
MicroChip
Image

'You should enjoy the little detours to the fullest, because that's where you'll find the things more important than what you want.'
User avatar
Macho Man
Posts: 1016
Joined: Sat May 12, 2012 11:22 am
Location: I live behinde yo house Shadi :P
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 18 times
Contact:

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Macho Man »

Makita please stop one more sir imma make you ma lil bich
[youtube]VVqvSYFN9XQ[/youtube]

"this year you have been 16, 13 and now 14 turning 15, how old are u exactly?"
User avatar
gal
Posts: 1082
Joined: Sat Jun 18, 2016 10:36 pm
Has thanked: 95 times
Been thanked: 47 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by gal »

Macho Man wrote:Makita please stop one more sir imma make you ma lil bich
I strongly support you.
User avatar
Boab The BUILDER
Posts: 435
Joined: Wed May 08, 2013 9:28 pm
Has thanked: 18 times
Been thanked: 45 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

nice to see that nd still goes into a massive shitfest any time a female applicant gets accepted, its fun to watch everyone lose their minds
GOOD OLD ND
Image
uhu
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4727
Joined: Thu Aug 20, 2015 9:03 pm
Location: Lisbon, Portugal
Has thanked: 141 times
Been thanked: 247 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by uhu »

So this is not aimed at anyone in particular but mostly to "educate" on the correct vocabulary:
Sir Makita wrote:do your job as a member
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Job wrote:A job, or occupation, is a person's role in society. More specifically, a job is an activity, often regular and performed in exchange for payment ("for a living").
So a job is something you do for money.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/JVolunteering wrote:Volunteering is generally considered an altruistic activity where an individual or group provides services for no financial gain "to benefit another person, group or organization".
And volunteering is an(altruistic) act for free.
User avatar
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin
Posts: 15423
Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Been thanked: 629 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Shadi »

Mystic wrote: That you feel the need to explain/defend yourself says enough to me. To date the only admin i have seen admit that females do have a higher chance to get moderation powers is Shadi. Even if you dont think so, subconsciously it is still ever prevalent.

shoutout to my boy e-pimp shadi he the realest njaguar
Since my name somehow made it to this topic and this subject of conversation yet again made it into the newstopic...

First and foremost this is still my opinion. It is usually easier to get in as a female. To not make it sound like it's a sweeping statement allow me to elaborate on why I think so. Due to the general ratio of female to male, it's exciting to see when a girl is in the community it's something more new/different, especially in an old game like cs 1.6, even less female gamers back when the game was popular since we don't get as many new players amount of girls is even lower. Then there are a lot of guys online with little female presence in life and have no experience with seeing or talking to them, with all due respect that's how it is for a typical gamer. Now this causes the girl to get more attention and while attention may have a negative effect, it goes the other way in most cases as long as they are remotely kind. Positive attention leads to automatic integration and that in itself will lead to higher chance of acceptance. I'm sure most girls even feel they're talked to more because of their gender, or being treated differently based on it. Still that has nothing to do with them so making this their "welcome" to the team is just poor courtesy.

HOWEVER, except for maybe one case during my member and adminship. I do not remember any girl making it in because of their gender (welcome to disagree with an example and I will whole-heartedly tell you why I don't agree) - the admins generally have decent observation with the community in heart. In fact a lot of the female players were hard workers, Foxy for instance was one of the most outstanding members I can think of and was pretty much becoming an admin but she wasn't sure she wanted it. Nonetheless, despite indisputable evidence of excellent work people had the audacity to say she got where did because of gender. As for before and after my time in the team, I can't say much and therefore that also includes this case. I would however strongly lean towards hoping I left the team in enough capable hands to make sure that mistake doesn't happen.

The fact that this is brought up SO OFTEN is getting tiresome, even if that's your opinion flaunting it every meeting topic with a girl whose acceptance is controversial is getting old. Your comment may target the administration team but you never stop to think how the person in question feels. It's good you stood up for yourself, Mila. Hope your trial turns out well.
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post (total 4):
Maki, ZeRo#1, Joel Miller, Lien~
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
User avatar
Saad
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm
Location: Karachi,Pakistan
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Saad »

Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy !!! :dance: :dance: :clap: :clap:
Congratulations MILAAAAAAAAAAA my little sestraaaaaaaaaa :) :) :) So happy for you , you finally did it , very well deserved ..
I BELIEVE in YOU , you'll do great :)
and yes
Burn haters burn!!!!!! ;) :trollface:


P.S : I have seen you more than 10-20 times calling admins/members to take actions against rule breakers , you could have easily made 20 reports instead of calling them but you are not greedy like some other people who just make reports when they want to apply for member , to make themselves look good , to create a good impression about themselves.

You did right , that's the actual way if you see someone rule breaking first you have to call admin or member and if no one is there , THEN you should make reports, not just making reports every time to increase 'numbers' lol ..

Congrats again! čestitam :) :D
and Good work Admins
Mila , Don't let the haters get you down! :)
Image
User avatar
QuErza!
Posts: 857
Joined: Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:04 pm
Has thanked: 36 times
Been thanked: 25 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by QuErza! »

Saad wrote:Yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy

P.S : I have seen you more than 10-20 times calling admins/members to take actions against rule breakers , you could have easily made 20 reports instead of calling them but you are not greedy like some other people who just make reports when they want to apply for member , to make themselves look good , to create a good impression about themselves.


LMFAO you most be retarded. Reporting someone is the main point. i still remember when we asked the admins or members to moderate and the reply i would get was "report him" the reason why you report someone is because you want to show people that you're capable of moderating. in my eyes if you're voting yes for someone who legit has 0 reports, then you're just some horny kid that wants nudes.
Flath
Posts: 1525
Joined: Tue Apr 15, 2014 6:47 pm
Location: France
Has thanked: 58 times
Been thanked: 141 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Flath »

Lock & trash ? @admins
These users thanked the author Flath for the post:
Aash
Image


User avatar
Saad
Posts: 52
Joined: Sat Dec 17, 2016 3:52 pm
Location: Karachi,Pakistan
Has thanked: 35 times
Been thanked: 7 times

Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017

Post by Saad »

Before assuming read my reply on her application , i wrote the same that you should start to report on forum as well..
"the reason why you report someone is because you want to show people that you're capable of moderating."
YES ! and all the admins and members know that she is capable of moderating that's why she got selected .

Let's talk about DM , many times i saw people using aim , i call admin or any member who is online and when i know there is no one so i report him/her on forum too . I can get 100's of reports too but i don't want to "show people what i am capable of". Admin/Members have brain and eyes and they can see whether i really picked someone who was rulebreaking or not.
What most people do is for example on DM , they see someone using Aim , they let that guy use hack instead of calling an admin/member and to increase their reports start recording him and that hacker literally rapes the server, killing 100+ and they are happy with it since they are getting 1 extra report under their name.
What she did was she called admin and members every time when she saw someone rulebreaking and all of the time admin/members appreciated her because she picked correct hacker/cheater/ban evader etc. That's what counts!

Report is not only on forum , calling an admin or member also comes in report if you think by keeping your jealousy aside :D

and as you can see Patrick wrote , she reported on forum too but there's some bug that we can't see the reports she made.
in my eyes if you're voting yes
The problem is you're not using eyes , if you were using you wouldn't have commented that .

About the nudes , no not everyone is like you kiddo ;)

Congrats Milalalalala ;)
Image
Locked

Return to “Old News”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 10 guests