View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:54 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next

#106 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Quote:
Do you prefer someone to get permanent forum ban or be added in this group?

I don't prefer nor like either. What i'm saying is that Everyone has/should have their choice to make if they want to be in a special group monitored by you guys or if they think they don't deserve it and keep playing normally on their own risk. The freedom to choice that's all what matters here.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 6:46 pm

#107 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Chuzkuz wrote:
Quote:
Do you prefer someone to get permanent forum ban or be added in this group?

I don't prefer nor like either. What i'm saying is that Everyone has/should have their choice to make if they want to be in a special group monitored by you guys or if they think they don't deserve it and keep playing normally on their own risk. The freedom to choice that's all what matters here.

Do you realise that this group is another chance before you get forum banned or you are close to it, right? So i don't really get their choice to be added in this group or not. Like, if you don't wanna post anything for 6 months or whatever your forum ban will be don't do it. But still you have the chance to read the community's news.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:03 pm
neonDragon Admin

#108 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
No comment on the recent events that led them to be placed on the moderated group.

The users there have been subject of several warns and bans over the years, and did not seem to change/learn from them. It makes sense that they go in that group because they've done actions to earn it; posts that were deleted, and posts that went through but should have been dealt with(not going into detail about it). Our goal isn't to exclude people but to reform them(as rito would say). This gives them a chance to still participate but with admin guidance. Their posts will need to follow the forum rules(no harassment and others) but still be seen whatever their opinion may be.

This was scheduled to happen at some point, maybe this wasn't the best time or opportunity for it. It's not a matter of freedom of speech here as much as for learning boundaries.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:10 pm

#109 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Honestly, I also agree that a group like that is wanting to control people too much. I get that toxic behaviour damages the community but that group won't change anything, it actually will only make the atmosphere around here worse and worse. You can't just add people to a group and expect them to change their behaviour or "reform them". Pretty sure this group will get 0 results. If the players want to misbehave, let them, they'll face the consequences later but wanting to control people's words is just wrong. Let's not forget that this is a gaming community and I don't think that the "trolls" are the ones to blame for the bad state of this community right now.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 7:54 pm

#110 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Flath your post is pretty retarded, not to speak about that entire conversation with kallekanin.
The fact that 4 other members(no clue which ones since their names are all fucking weird.) Thanked your post also makes me want to shit in all of their mouths.

I think the admin team is doing a pretty good job, especially Regit who has been pretty active in the jailbreak server.(actually participating in the rounds instead of fooling around like others).

I kind off want to say so a lot of things but it doesnt matter.

Gz all the accepted and chuzkuz, just try again next month im pretty sure you can be a good addition to the team.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 8:20 pm

#111 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
apapaoemama wrote:
Flath your post is pretty retarded, not to speak about that entire conversation with kallekanin.
The fact that 4 other members(no clue which ones since their names are all fucking weird.) Thanked your post also makes me want to shit in all of their mouths.

I think the admin team is doing a pretty good job, especially Regit who has been pretty active in the jailbreak server.(actually participating in the rounds instead of fooling around like others).

Gz all the accepted and chuzkuz, just try again next month im pretty sure you can be a good addition to the team.
I agree with apa on some points here. I'd been wanting to PM the JB team with this, but since I'm not an admin anymore I figured no one would give a damn. Anyhow, I don't like to sugar-coat things, so I'm just going to share some of my thoughts here.

But seriously, members have complained over and over and over again that communication between them and the admins isn't what it should be. That admins don't listen to them. That members aren't respected. And also that they don't feel like they're united. In all honesty, what are some of you thinking in thanking posts that are filled with bashful comments made towards some/all admins. If you do not agree with certain decisions being made, raise them in private?!

I've been on both ends of the scale. As a member I felt underappreciated at times too. As an admin I've often felt like your voice wasn't listened to enough. Don't get me wrong, I understand part of your frustration.. but adding oil to fire is only going to make matters worse. I mean, I love you all, but yous should know better guys...

As soon as someone stands up against the admins, some of you jump off your chair and off you go on the same bandwagon. But you then on the other hand complain that there is no united front?

As stated in multiple other posts; all of you are different people, with different personalities. No one can expect you to be or think the same, or muffle you all in the same box and get it done and over with. Same goes for the admins! If we want to work together, it's a matter of giving and taking guys. You can't expect one thing, but contradict your points by showing the opposite behaviour of how you want others to treat you. Treat people with respect, you get respect back. Be an ass, you'll get slapped in the face.

I'm sure this all has been said before, so this will also be my final post about this.... but I've seen it all. Been there myself. And all I know is that we can pick our friends, we can't pick our family. Holding grudges? Fine, but keep them to yourself. Spend time with whomever you want, but don't forget you're part of a team that should indeed be united. You should stand strong together. This also goes to admins. I know all of you take part in making decisions, some harder than others. And those decisions are taken whilst thinking about the community. But also here it's giving and taking. You can't ask for members to respect you, if there is no respect back. Even though you have a higher rank, we're still the same people. It shouldn't be a powerplay (god, never thought I'd be saying this lol). Without the powers, we're all regulars. Without the regulars, we'd be nowhere.

I used to be one of the main pillars between the member and admin team, and despite the mistakes I've made.. I always tried to stay fair, and keep myself balanced between 2 teams. Perhaps it's time for all of yous to sit together and talk about this, in private. Because clearly, a lot of people are having issues with how some things go around here.

Ah, and as for regulars that like their 'freedom of speech'. Nothing wrong with that, and by all means keep it up. But do so in a respectful manner. Showing a good argumentative side on the forums, yet trash talk behind people their back? Na mate, that's not how things should work around here. If you have a problem, bring it up but also step up your game and make the efforts yourself in trying to fix whatever it is that's bothering you. If an admin is being unfair, go to another admin. Or go to a middle man. Don't try and get people on your side. It'll only make matters worse.

If I've poorly explained (as I do), ask me and I'll then try to explain again :shifty:

Anyway, yeah... that's about it.

Thu Aug 17, 2017 10:05 pm
Friend of the Community

#112 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
I can't believe I'm hearing people talk about freedom of speech in an online community :facepalm:

PS: As a general comment, the length of you guys' posts don't necessarily make it better. If anything, it makes it more of a chore to read. Making it short and concise is better. Nobody wants to read paragraph upon paragraph for ten minutes, and I'm sure most people don't actually do it.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:25 am
Friend of the Community

#113 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
The moderated group is mainly precaution/proactive moderation.

If a lot of the posts a player makes, typically get deleted anyway and break the forum rules, then there's no need for those posts to be seen anyway. If their posts are giving negative feedback and/or disagreeing with admins/members, the posts will still be approved for public view.

- Benjamin Franklin

Fri Aug 18, 2017 2:30 am

#114 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Lien~ wrote:
apapaoemama wrote:

I agree with apa on some points here. I'd been wanting to PM the JB team with this, but since I'm not an admin anymore I figured no one would give a damn. Anyhow, I don't like to sugar-coat things, so I'm just going to share some of my thoughts here.

But seriously, members have complained over and over and over again that communication between them and the admins isn't what it should be. That admins don't listen to them. That members aren't respected. And also that they don't feel like they're united. In all honesty, what are some of you thinking in thanking posts that are filled with bashful comments made towards some/all admins. If you do not agree with certain decisions being made, raise them in private?!

I've been on both ends of the scale. As a member I felt underappreciated at times too. As an admin I've often felt like your voice wasn't listened to enough. Don't get me wrong, I understand part of your frustration.. but adding oil to fire is only going to make matters worse. I mean, I love you all, but yous should know better guys...

As soon as someone stands up against the admins, some of you jump off your chair and off you go on the same bandwagon. But you then on the other hand complain that there is no united front?

As stated in multiple other posts; all of you are different people, with different personalities. No one can expect you to be or think the same, or muffle you all in the same box and get it done and over with. Same goes for the admins! If we want to work together, it's a matter of giving and taking guys. You can't expect one thing, but contradict your points by showing the opposite behaviour of how you want others to treat you. Treat people with respect, you get respect back. Be an ass, you'll get slapped in the face.

I'm sure this all has been said before, so this will also be my final post about this.... but I've seen it all. Been there myself. And all I know is that we can pick our friends, we can't pick our family. Holding grudges? Fine, but keep them to yourself. Spend time with whomever you want, but don't forget you're part of a team that should indeed be united. You should stand strong together. This also goes to admins. I know all of you take part in making decisions, some harder than others. And those decisions are taken whilst thinking about the community. But also here it's giving and taking. You can't ask for members to respect you, if there is no respect back. Even though you have a higher rank, we're still the same people. It shouldn't be a powerplay (god, never thought I'd be saying this lol). Without the powers, we're all regulars. Without the regulars, we'd be nowhere.

I used to be one of the main pillars between the member and admin team, and despite the mistakes I've made.. I always tried to stay fair, and keep myself balanced between 2 teams. Perhaps it's time for all of yous to sit together and talk about this, in private. Because clearly, a lot of people are having issues with how some things go around here.

Ah, and as for regulars that like their 'freedom of speech'. Nothing wrong with that, and by all means keep it up. But do so in a respectful manner. Showing a good argumentative side on the forums, yet trash talk behind people their back? Na mate, that's not how things should work around here. If you have a problem, bring it up but also step up your game and make the efforts yourself in trying to fix whatever it is that's bothering you. If an admin is being unfair, go to another admin. Or go to a middle man. Don't try and get people on your side. It'll only make matters worse.

If I've poorly explained (as I do), ask me and I'll then try to explain again :shifty:

Anyway, yeah... that's about it.

Tbh I just wanna tell you something about that first part. You too damn scary anyone would read your topic/post/message so that they make sure their name ain't in it or that you are not complaining about em cuz when you complain about people you burn fire in em I swear xD.

User has been banned for 1 day for this post.

Fri Aug 18, 2017 12:36 pm

#115 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
I'll just explain why I am deleting Haf's post.

It has nothing to do with the content in it. It's the fact that he's permbanned and that he shouldn't be able to respond to topics, since he's not supposed to be able to read them.
Posting for Haf, also counts as helping him ban-evade and you'll be punished for that as well.
This case has nothing to do with Haf or whoever else does this or who you would do this for. It's the fact that they should be unable to respond to these topics with an opinion, as they should be unable to read them.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:22 pm

#116 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Gotouda Aki wrote:

It has nothing to do with the content in it. It's the fact that he's permbanned and that he shouldn't be able to respond to topics, since he's not supposed to be able to read them.
Posting for Haf, also counts as helping him ban-evade and you'll be punished for that as well.
This case has nothing to do with Haf or whoever else does this or who you would do this for. It's the fact that they should be unable to respond to these topics with an opinion, as they should be unable to read them.

except if u just log out u can still view all the topics, and thus read them. Also how does a permanently forum banned person make an unban request for in-game if they have been unfairly banned /scoped by some tryhard personal vendetta holding admin?

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:03 pm

#117 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
wodeen++ wrote:
Lien~ wrote:
wodeen++ wrote:
Mystic wrote:
Patrick wrote:
Mila is a well-known and well respected regular on Deathrun. She is moderating when needed and has improved a lot over the last few months in both her style of moderation, but also the work she puts into it. She is calling admins and members ingame whenever there is a rulebreak that requires powers or a more experienced moderation. She made a few reports as well, but her name seems to be bugged when searching for them on the strikelist.
We believe that she meet the requirements to join our Runner's team and we hope you will give her a chance to prove herself.

That you feel the need to explain/defend yourself says enough to me. To date the only admin i have seen admit that females do have a higher chance to get moderation powers is Shadi. Even if you dont think so, subconsciously it is still ever prevalent.

shoutout to my boy e-pimp shadi he the realest njaguar

fully agreed. we're going downhell:)

congrats zero my friend, prove it for everyone that said you don't worth becoming a member.

KaKao nicely done m8, but can i ask why 2s instead of 3?
Excuse me, but how is accepting a female bringing this community downhill? A LOT of other stuff that has happened over the past years, has contributed to the community having changed as a whole. But in the end of the days, we're still here aren't we? We're online, where everyone is different. Yes, perhaps girls get looked at from a different view, but what do you expect? And maybe there is a bit of 'favouritism' going on. But I know the admins and know this community inside out. And where I do not always agree with the made decisions.. I for one can tell that they are being made with the best of intentions. Made to improve the community, to loosen things up at times. Made to keep us here, together. And to keep this community running. Don't forget that the admins are also human? I'm female, I voted yes on snoose. Did that make me a bad admin? Does it mean that I favoured her? And if so, what would that make me? Please, just try to look at it from different point of views, as I can imagine that Mila didn't look forward to posts like yours!

I worked my absolute ass off to get where I ended up, and yes I've made mistakes. And yes I've done some shitty things when I just joined, but not once did I get any more leeway than any other applicant. If all, I was being put under a microscope cuz I done plenty of things wrong. Luna got kicked for letting her brother play, and had to prove multiple times that she was perfectly capable of handling member duties. Foxy had to prove her worth of becoming a forum moderator. Snoose had to show that she had it in her too. And in the end, all of us are different... Yet we all had to prove our worth, just like all the males have/had to do.

Maybe you (the people that question this whole accepting of females) should look at it from a different point of view? Or perhaps try at least? There is a different ratio to ratio here. Where e.g out of 100 male applications 70 get accepted (70%), no one will question it. But if 3 out of 6 (50%) girls get accepted, it instantly becomes this massive problem? Or reason for people to jump on the "omg, clearly she gets in cuz she is a girl" bandwagon. No, this is not me trying to explain/defend myself, or the admin team for that matter. It's stating facts.

Anyway, everyone has their own opinion. And I don't feel the need to try and change any of your views.. You're all allowed to have and uphold your opinion - but please try to show a bit of respect.

~~~~~~~~~~~

Congrats to the accepted members. Good luck to extended/new applicants. And a big thank you to Kakao who has, yet again, helped us out!

I didn't say that females have/got special treatment here "as dee dee mentioned"
And of course no, anyone wants to help the community out is welcomed here regardless they are male or a female.
I'm talking about Mila here, we cannot say anything about Foxy or Snooze since they have done an incredible job when they were members, i have nothing towards Mila and i totally respect her, but she just joined recently and she is not a 'well-known regular' as Patrick mentioned.

To give an example about this, Look at dee dee before she applys for membership, she was LITERALLY a well-known and respected person for the whole community, I believe that she have done an amazing job that made us all knew that she will become a member one day or even an admin, because of what she did.

After all, admins do know every single thing about applicants and their intentions, so they may have made the right decision, prove me wrong Mila:).

"Since they have done an incredible job when they were members"
"But she joined recently and she is not a "well-known regular""

I was not known at all almost.
But as you said I did a incredible job? How do you know that she won't? Give the girl a chance! She might be better then me and foxy combined (even if that's hard to believe we are quite awesome).
If I proved anything it was that my time spent on nD before I got member didn't change the fact that I was a good pick for the role. She might be as well. I earned my respect, and pretty fast at that as well. She will to! I BELIEBE IN YOU, GURL POWAAAAAAA.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 10:29 pm

#118 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Mystic wrote:
Gotouda Aki wrote:

except if u just log out u can still view all the topics, and thus read them. Also how does a permanently forum banned person make an unban request for in-game if they have been unfairly banned /scoped by some tryhard personal vendetta holding admin?

It's fine to get someone to post an unban request on their behalf.
But they cannot post their opinions anywhere else. It's really not that hard to understand if you have a decent understanding of what "rules" are.

Sun Aug 20, 2017 11:03 pm

#119 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Gz all, to then ones who got exended or declined, keep your cool.

Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:51 pm
Profile WWW

#120 Post Re: Admin Meeting Outcome 12-08-2017
Sn00se wrote:
"Since they have done an incredible job when they were members"
"But she joined recently and she is not a "well-known regular""

I was not known at all almost.
But as you said I did a incredible job? How do you know that she won't? Give the girl a chance! She might be better then me and foxy combined (even if that's hard to believe we are quite awesome).
If I proved anything it was that my time spent on nD before I got member didn't change the fact that I was a good pick for the role. She might be as well. I earned my respect, and pretty fast at that as well. She will to! I BELIEBE IN YOU, GURL POWAAAAAAA.

So. let's see

Zero played for long time and worked in his cons despite of the people who keep trolling him, in the other hand.
Mila's second post was her application (?).

I miss the time when we were judging people through their forum activity,report and their bahviour at forum,not only in-game.

i ain't that old, but this is how it feels for some others, not only me.

Yes, she might have called admins\members lots of times. but the report section isn't here for nothing

moving on, take a look in their applications' replies, isn't really funny how people treat mila describing her "Good luck my lil sister"

Meanwhile Zero had to keep accepting criticism and being patient towards the people who were trying to take him down?

fucking look at this shit from other side, how would the declined people feel about that? the ones who were really doing their best
and wasting their whole day moderating people so they become a role-model someday, but who gives a shit?

Thu Aug 24, 2017 9:11 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 127 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7, 8, 9  Next