View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Oct 21, 2019 9:34 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Hi All,

This is the result of our admin meeting from 07/05/17:

Recruited

• Patrick has been recruited as an Admin.
  • Mr.Mackey has been recruited as a Zombie member.

Trials

• doeda's trial for our Jail team has been Accepted.
  • Ultor's trial for our Jail team has been Accepted.
  • [email protected]$$'s trial for our Jail team has been Accepted.
  • Ra!NoX's trial for our Runner team has been Extended as we would like to see a little more attention paid to what happens on the server and more/faster moderation when required.

Additional

• We have decided to allow all Admins to handle/process nD cash for things such as events, this is because we have officially only had 2 admins who were supposed to be handling cash, however things have been moving slowly with regards to that so we hope this will speed things up.
  • silent ground strafing/ground strafing was discussed as to whether or not it was allowed and we have decided that providing players have 100fps, the advantages gained are not enough to warrant forbidding this
  • We have revised the ban duration for strikes so that the duration for each strike has a clearer increment/step. The new ban duration guidelines are: Strike 1 - 7-14 days | Strike 2 - 14-30 days | Strike 3 - Permban. This is also to show players that we are serious about players breaking the rules and will not tolerate repeated breaches of rules.
  • We discussed whether or not to change ZM prices and limits and the result of that discussion was that we recognise there needs to be adjustments and will investigate further the current prices and what changes can be made
  • We discussed a tool to allow us to easily transfer stats from one Steam account to another and the task to create this tool has been added to our internal ticketing/to-do system

We also recognise that there has been a decline in the overall quality of the moderation and administration of the community. We are taking steps to correct these problems by:

• Increasing internal communication within the Admin team. We hope to do this by encouraging/requiring admins to be on Discord as much as possible so it is easier to communicate/leave messages for the whole team.
  • Reviewing some of our old guidelines, rules & policies (e.g. the ban/strike system from this meeting)
  • Creating a new co-leader position (this would be for all teams but seeing as only Jail has more than 1-2 members, it will be only for Jail right now) * More information on this once we've held the team meeting
  • Holding a Team wide meeting to address further issues, ways to improve upon those issues and also listening to any suggestions members might have
  • Increasing our visibility both in search engines (using SEO) and on social media, with the aim of attracting more players
  • Making new control/web panels for admins so they can easily make adjustments to servers such as adding maps or even creating new servers
  • Keeping a closer eye on members and helping them to improve where we think improvement is needed.
  • Getting a new/updated forum+website

tl;dr: There will be some big changes over the upcoming months which will hopefully address and resolve some of the bigger issues this community is facing.

Mon May 08, 2017 7:00 pm

#2 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Still waiting

Edit:

Quote:
We discussed whether or not to change ZM prices and limits and the result of that discussion was that we recognise there needs to be adjustments and will investigate further the current prices and what changes can be made

The situation is quite simple, people spam madness and forcefield using two infection bombs average per map. Rounds are fast but the gameplay should prioritize skills and teamwork instead of the consumation of items.

Quote:
Holding a Team wide meeting to address further issues, ways to improve upon those issues and also listening to any suggestions members might have

We should give it a shot and see how it goes, but for the time being, i don't really undestand how that is relevant, i personally find a member meeting to be crowded as it is with usually 6 members and 2 admins. I don't understand how such a big meeting will be usefull in any kind since the ideas brought up at such meetings can't possibly be talked in depth. It might be a motivation to make us more united but quality wise, it will be a mess. You can't possibly bring up sensible topics at such a meeting and i'm afraid such a meeting will be left-aside by the admins after some time.

Quote:
Creating a new co-leader position (this would be for all teams but seeing as only Jail has more than 1-2 members, it will be only for Jail right now) * More information on this once we've held the team meeting

Quote:
We also recognise that there has been a decline in the overall quality of the moderation and administration of the community.

Quote:
Keeping a closer eye on members and helping them to improve where we think improvement is needed.

Agreed, the co-leader position might be a nice way to deal with members not acting like they should after after getting accepted.
Scared hearing the word 'co-leader' that this will result in the co-leader imposing his view on other members using that status of his. To mix up that idea with the team wide meeting, making sure the respective co-leaders join the admin meeting to discuss the points brought up by the members during a member meeting will make this meeting time efficient, usefull and realistic in the sence it won't be a waste of time for both the members and the admins. I'm sure you realise how long the admin meetings are in general, i don't see having half the staff waste their time and energy attending a meeting where ideas won't be discussed in depth leading to them getting ignored as an improvement. We should try it though and see what happens but i'm convinced including the respective co-leaders to the admin meeting to be a better solution to discuss and solve issues.

Quote:
We have revised the ban duration for strikes so that the duration for each strike has a clearer increment/step. The new ban duration guidelines are: Strike 1 - 7-14 days | Strike 2 - 14-30 days | Strike 3 - Permban. This is also to show players that we are serious about players breaking the rules and will not tolerate repeated breaches of rules.

I really like the idea as long as you strike when a situation is strikeable, i do understand our role is to educate the players on the rules but if there is a discrepency when handling the report between the individuals, the results we are expecting will be mitigated. It might end up like the Ct access in the state it is now meaning that the idea is great but it is still premature and therefore not practical.

Quote:
Increasing our visibility both in search engines (using SEO) and on social media, with the aim of attracting more players
Making new control/web panels for admins so they can easily make adjustments to servers such as adding maps or even creating new servers
Getting a new/updated forum+website

This is great, i'm looking forward to it !

To conclude, it's been a while since you guys had a proper admin meeting. I feel the motivation is back but it seems to be a starting point for now. Making sure everyone in the staff is at the same page seems vital to me since you guys are bringing in systems that can only work if everyone respect the rules you agreed on in the first place:

Make sure the CT application system grow up to be more complex question wise, make sure to help the members have more power regarding who is allowed as a ct and who isn't. Our opinion should have a higher impact than yours in that regard and the CT system will only be successful if our freedom of action and the standards to get accepted are higher than they are now. The ct team is our responsability not yours. Taking out the ban Hammer when needed shouldn't be a question of who is handling the report, make sure the rules are clear as water regarding this new strike system. Giving a chance is fine but if this system leads to more lenient action, it is not working and should be brought back to what it was.

Regarding the lack of communication between the member team, it is an issue that will only be solved when members are worthy of their title. We don't need incompetents and the meeting you are talking about will be successfull if the people who are allowed in are solely composed of people who will make things better. The co-leader idea looks really promising and should help identify the different issues we are having, i feel it will be a bridge between the admin team and the member team that is firmer and less violent than direct communication. The overall improvements on the technical side of things are really outstanding as well and i can't stress how much work you coders seem to do to make sure every admin is independant.

I like to see people who are caring for nD head in the same direction after so many years, it was really time to wake up and i hope we will keep going forward.

Last edited by Flath on Mon May 08, 2017 8:20 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Mon May 08, 2017 7:01 pm
#3 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Congratulations Patrick and Mr.Macky!! :clap:

Mon May 08, 2017 7:11 pm

#4 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Interesting :D Keep it up admins!!

Mon May 08, 2017 7:43 pm

#5 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Congratulations to everyone who passed their trials and has been accepted!

For the people who got denied, Keep trying eventually you'll get accepted!

Spoiler: show
execpty for me :( LOL

Mon May 08, 2017 8:34 pm

#6 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
congrats to mr mackey and the members who passed their trials and patrick for admin. extended/declined you can get there!

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.

Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 pm
neonDragon Admin

#7 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Flath wrote:
Still waiting

Edit:

Quote:
We discussed whether or not to change ZM prices and limits and the result of that discussion was that we recognise there needs to be adjustments and will investigate further the current prices and what changes can be made

The situation is quite simple, people spam madness and forcefield using two infection bombs average per map. Rounds are fast but the gameplay should prioritize skills and teamwork instead of the consumation of items.

With the toplist system as it is new people are discouraged to compete due to advantages of over a year of points on the toplist players. Contrary to a few years back, nowadays no one plays zombie for skills and points as the zombie regular base dropped and moved to other games like csgo or just got bored of it. What we have is a major influx of noobies that dont like being zombies all round and feeding oldschool pro players that get over 200 points advantage. Now we only have 1-2 pro players and 20+ newbs, the target of the current changes is the first ones.

Mon May 08, 2017 8:54 pm
neonDragon Admin

#8 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Quote:
Holding a Team wide meeting to address further issues, ways to improve upon those issues and also listening to any suggestions members might have

We should give it a shot and see how it goes, but for the time being, i don't really undestand how that is relevant, i personally find a member meeting to be crowded as it is with usually 6 members and 2 admins. I don't understand how such a big meeting will be usefull in any kind since the ideas brought up at such meetings can't possibly be talked in depth. It might be a motivation to make us more united but quality wise, it will be a mess. You can't possibly bring up sensible topics at such a meeting and i'm afraid such a meeting will be left-aside by the admins after some time.

It is more for the admins to discuss some things with the members that need to change/improve and then following that hear feedback/ideas. I will be making a topic in the private section though to detail exactly what is going to be discussed. With regards to crowded etc, members wouldn't be able to talk for the first part of the meeting so that it is not confusing with many people talking at once.

Mon May 08, 2017 8:55 pm

#9 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Konijn wrote:
  • Getting a new/updated forum+website
Was about time it would be updated, please don't just change theme but actually look over some suggestions that has been brought up in the past when (...and if...) you will update this site and take them into consideration, some might be just way too much work for what it will bring and thus wont be added but I do believe there are some suggestions that could benefit this site greatly.

Mon May 08, 2017 9:36 pm

#10 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Congratulations to everyone, good luck to whom got declined.
Looking forward to see the upcoming changes to the community, good job and keep it going admin team!

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death

Mon May 08, 2017 9:49 pm

#11 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Congratulations, everyone!

Especially you Patrick, well done.

Image Image

Mon May 08, 2017 10:04 pm
#12 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
CONGRAAAAAAAAAAATS!

@Patrick now your flag and you make mine :P

This was a nice meeting, wow! So many decisions ^^

Mon May 08, 2017 10:42 pm

#13 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
Grats Patrick, started believing in you a while back and had brought you up a few times already. I'm glad to see you finally made it. Well deserved dude!

Well done Mackey, welcome back love!

Good luck to the rest, and the usual outcome responses *are inserted here*.

I was not present in the meeting, I'm extremely busy trying to focus on other things in life. Nevertheless, if you need me you can PM me or contact me on steam, and I'll do my best to get back to you and help out where I can (:

Tue May 09, 2017 9:59 am
nD** Jail Member

#14 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17
gz all and gl next time for the others ^^

Tue May 09, 2017 12:10 pm

#15 Post Re: Admin meeting outcome 07/05/17

Great Job cpseudonym. I still reacall the days back when we played and knifed each other on surf_gg. Glad to see your name in a different font :P . Mackey welcome back. Finally one guy to support to zombies.

And admins. As a regular, its feels good to know that you discussed over a lot of stuff and made a lot new wise decisions.

Thankyou for taking nD one step further.

STEAM_0:1:207899326
:banana-rock: :happy-wavemulticolor:
Spoiler: show
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i will protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?searchtext=Sakar&searchradio=name&searchselect=closed&search=Search%21

Tue May 09, 2017 1:45 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 42 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next