View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Jul 24, 2019 1:22 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post New reporting system
Hi all,

For almost a year now the nD team have been using our new strikelist system (strikelist.php). I made this system to help streamline reports so that they are easier to create, easier for staff to handle and easier to collate statistics on.

This system has worked well so far, so after a little tweaking I'm happy to announce that it will now also be replacing the public reports which were traditionally made on the forums. The two BAN sections have been made read-only, so any outstanding reports there will be processed, however new reports must be made via the aforementioned link.

Once you go to make a report, you will note that there are 3 boxes that state "Drop files to upload" and as expected, if you drop files there then they will be uploaded to the server and automatically added to the report.

This system is currently designed for ONE person to be reported at a time, reports which consist of more than one person will likely be closed and requested that you re-make the report.

It is worth noting that member reports will continue to remain private, unless the member specifies when they create the report that they wish for it to be public (via the automated form).

Also please note that this system is only for reports/ban requests, if you wish to make an unban request you will need to make it in the relevant unban section of the forums.

Please be aware that there may well be bugs or an omittance of important features, if you notice problems or see ways the system can be improved then please leave feedback in this thread or in the event of a serious bug, please PM me directly.

Konijn

Thu Apr 07, 2016 10:54 am
#2 Post Re: New reporting system
I'm guessing non member users must leave the "Length of ban" field as "--none--" (default option), right? Anyway, this is a nice update and the interface is very user friendly. :)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:03 am
Friend of the Community

#3 Post Re: New reporting system
Curious, y not turn the boards into redirects to the strikelist page?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:09 am
neonDragon Admin

#4 Post Re: New reporting system
Dee Dee wrote:
I'm guessing non member users must leave the "Length of ban" field as "--none--" (default option), right? Anyway, this is a nice update and the interface is very user friendly. :)

Yes, although I've now removed this field for non-staff members :).

Maki wrote:
Curious, y not turn the boards into redirects to the strikelist page?

Because there are still outstanding reports there, I will do it once they are cleared.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:36 am

#5 Post Re: New reporting system
will this reports go to the strikelist reports for members and admins? I mean reports from members and reports from the rest will go at the same place?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:39 am
neonDragon Admin

#6 Post Re: New reporting system
capitan pescanova wrote:
will this reports go to the strikelist reports for members and admins? I mean reports from members and reports from the rest will go at the same place?

Yes, staff will see all reports on the same page and non-staff will see only public reports (made by non-staff or reports marked as public by members).

Thu Apr 07, 2016 11:57 am

#7 Post Re: New reporting system
so members on bans and unbans section (only me and Darra atm I think) will be able to handle public cheating reports?

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:13 pm
neonDragon Admin

#8 Post Re: New reporting system
capitan pescanova wrote:
so members on bans and unbans section (only me and Darra atm I think) will be able to handle public cheating reports?

Yes that's correct.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:29 pm

#9 Post Re: New reporting system
Make sure that the Trash sections are still available though (maybe move them?)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 12:43 pm

#10 Post Re: New reporting system
Nice job .. i hope this will help out and make it easier to make a successful ban requests

even tho i still like the traditionally way
anyway, i was wondering
what gonna happened if i want to provide an evidence f.e if i see a rule breaker
and someone report him and i want to support that report with a proof you know..

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:20 pm
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: New reporting system
Guessing it was a handful of work, thanks for taking the time and effort man!

Looks really good and I bet it works even better.

Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:45 pm

#12 Post Re: New reporting system
Would be pretty cool if you could integrate the old strikelist to it / when people get banned it shows on their achievements page or whatever shown what strikes etc they have even tho its more work would look pretty nutty :violin:

Thu Apr 07, 2016 5:07 pm
neonDragon Admin

#13 Post Re: New reporting system
wodeen++ wrote:
Nice job .. i hope this will help out and make it easier to make a successful ban requests

even tho i still like the traditionally way
anyway, i was wondering
what gonna happened if i want to provide an evidence f.e if i see a rule breaker
and someone report him and i want to support that report with a proof you know..

On open reports there is a button at the bottom which says "show reply area" if you click it then it opens an area you can type a message into and a button to submit the message onto the report (basically how the forums work), it's a little ugly atm but I'll work on it soon(tm)

Thu Apr 07, 2016 9:33 pm

#14 Post Re: New reporting system
Hey KO9, nice to see the new reporting system...

I've noticed a few problems:
* When I upload two different pictures of someones ID, it only shows 1 which can be seen in the report against batman
* I can't upload screenshots (404 Not Found)

Thanks for the time and effort you put into the new reporting system!

Fri Apr 08, 2016 9:30 am
neonDragon Admin

#15 Post Re: New reporting system
StickySteez wrote:
* When I upload two different pictures of someones ID, it only shows 1 which can be seen in the report against batman

This was by design as I didn't anticipate the need for more than one screenshot of someone's steamid. The second screenshot you included of him name faking BAMBI could (and imo should) go in the evidence section. Regardless, I have changed the system now to allow for multiple screenshots to be included in the proof of id section.

StickySteez wrote:
* I can't upload screenshots (404 Not Found)

There was an error that I introduced while I was preparing the system for public use, it's fixed now and I also edited your report so that they correctly show there.

Fri Apr 08, 2016 10:33 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 24 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next