New server!

Maltazard

Re: New server!

Post by Maltazard »

I wonder if you can put ghosts. Example: if it is a small space, it can happen that someone is standing there and sleep in a few minutes. Example if someone does, you can just press the (E) and go past the person. This is just an idea because some map has little space.
RaOoF^

Post by RaOoF^ »

Maltazard wrote:I wonder if you can put ghosts. Example: if it is a small space, it can happen that someone is standing there and sleep in a few minutes. Example if someone does, you can just press the (E) and go past the person. This is just an idea because some map has little space.
Do you mean the semi-clip? because ghost plugin usually works when you're dead and it's a DM server.

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death
Maltazard

Post by Maltazard »

RaOoF^ wrote:
Maltazard wrote:I wonder if you can put ghosts. Example: if it is a small space, it can happen that someone is standing there and sleep in a few minutes. Example if someone does, you can just press the (E) and go past the person. This is just an idea because some map has little space.
Do you mean the semi-clip? because ghost plugin usually works when you're dead and it's a DM server.
Yes, It's kind of my point.
Toon

Post by Toon »

So easy to abuse.^
Spoiler!
ImageImage
ImageImage
nice members
Maltazard

Post by Maltazard »

You do not understand what I mean.
Toon

Post by Toon »

Then explain it ._.
Spoiler!
ImageImage
ImageImage
nice members
Xaturi

Post by Xaturi »

Couple ways to make it actually more fun/improve:

- Good maps
- Put 'Hook' in with colors that resembles the team you are in (blue/red)
- When people are afk, they go to sleep (theire screen fades to black until they move mouse again)

I see the server as a bunch of guys trying to get the highest score now atm, which is not fun for me.
People find a spot where they can easily get kills on enemies and go there again everytime after they die.
This should change!

OR

Remove the server, add Warcraft mod, make it popular (with interactive stuff and high maintenance) -> Instant win
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Instant win = remove all fun maps, use maps like dust and rats + remove non-steam so we get rid of all the unnecesary cheaters (cuz there's shit many of them).
And you have yourself a winning server.
Of cause it won't be a winning server over a day or 2, it will take a few weeks and quite a lot of moderation, possibly a few events.
If you're going to add stuff to it too, you could add ranks (based on kills and kill ratio as explained previously, can't remember by who though) and possibly add achievements.
This will give new-comers something to go for, but also watchout for it not being essential of playing, cuz then you risk people leaving after they gained rank 1 and all the achievements.

This is at least my opinion :P
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

Im already in love in this server after 2 days of gameplaying. Funny maps, good point-system and stuff.

Bugs need to be fixed, maps need to be removed and then its all fine imo, i wanna keep NONSTEAM for now, hold it popular for some months and then we might remove NONSTEAM, i dont see the reason for it but it seems like some pepole here is agianst NONSTEAM servers.
These users thanked the author ZnK for the post:
Kwaakt
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Removing nonsteam would be a bad idea. Especially for a new server. Sure it brings cheaters but it also brings players that we really need currently.

My main issue with the server is the mapcycle that needs to be thoroughly checked, there are some maps I'd rather not play and that empties the server at the same time. One example is de_atlantis that is in my opinion horrible, way too dark, bad designed map aswell as too dark. I think I ran in rounds for 5minutes due to the fact the map is so hard to understand T__T
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Sp!!tZz^!!<3 wrote:
kami (GER] wrote:phew, i thought you would add pokemod. good that you didnt. :D
Pokemod would be the best server nD would ever have, just saying! :dance:
I would apply for sure.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

We already ended up in yet another downwards spiral (atleast we are close to getting into it). Looking at the current amount of players we don't reach any higher as 10 people. I think it's a shame. This server/mod should bring a full server, with lots of enjoyment. I think it's a waste of time and space if we keep it like how it is now;

- We have too many maps that aren't liked be people and result in them leaving. BOTS will come back and tbh it's shit to play against bots. They are stupid, don't talk, and 9 out of the 10 cheat.

- If we remove the maps that aren't liked/don't attract players we will be able to eventually remove the bots aswell.

This server needs to be able to run on players only, whether it be regulars from nD, outside nD or non steamers, I don't care. But if we keep it going like how it goes now, it won't get any more smooth or better which will lead in that we will have to shut it down once again.

I suggest, take this whole server issue into the FUN meeting, a complete meeting with all members/only admins, or maybe even a poll to give everyone the opportunity to speak their minds. We need to fix this as a community, not just assume that it will run of it's own. If we do that, again, the server will die out and in the end, when we have to look at it criticly, we will blame eachother/the rest which is not a very stimulating thought tbh.

Please guys, go through the mapcycle, I'll try to see if I can make some sort of Event with another/some other member(s) to make it stable. Once it's stable we can step down a bit, but for now, we need to work to keep this server up. If we get rid of the maps and bots and keep all the rest around that run smooth we will have a very good server and maybe this time it won't die out.
Queijo da Serra

Post by Queijo da Serra »

The bots make people leave. It is hard to keep the server up with the bots, most of the people rage quit because of them, it isn't fair at all. We got maps that suck, or they are too small or too big. The point system sucks, I lose about 6 points everytime I die. Some noobs try to team kill all of their team, this should result in auto-slay(maybe a plugin can fix this) or camp all the time. I've been trying to keep the assault server alive this last couple of weeks, and I've noticed that some maps suck, a assault map is supposed to have 4 hossies not 6, free awps in the first round etc. But back to the deathmach server, I really like when we have nice maps that fit in the gameplay, others that don't. I think the members/admins should have a look at the maps of the deathmach server aswell assault. I also think that this server killed the surf gg server and the deathrun server, but kept alive the assault(It as been full lately). If the maps that were removed(or are going to be removed doesn't change anything making a poll of wich mode the server want, pokemon or whatever.
ASTYLE

Post by ASTYLE »

Lien~ wrote:
I suggest, take this whole server issue into the FUN meeting, a complete meeting with all members/only admins, or maybe even a poll to give everyone the opportunity to speak their minds. We need to fix this as a community, not just assume that it will run of it's own. If we do that, again, the server will die out and in the end, when we have to look at it criticly, we will blame eachother/the rest which is not a very stimulating thought tbh.
Maybe invite some top15 players in the discussion or the decision on the maps since they are the most on the nD fun server...
Xaturi

Post by Xaturi »

ASTYLE wrote:
Lien~ wrote:
Maybe invite some top15 players in the discussion or the decision on the maps since they are the most on the nD fun server...
We can have a poll on the forums with all the current maps and maps that have been requested by many.
This way everyone has a vote and all the maps that have atleast ~10 votes will be in the server.

Return to “Old News”