Spiitzz

Re: New server!

Post by Spiitzz »

mAnge2 wrote:''fun maps'' are the most boring maps ever
This, atleast for a deatchmatch server.
ZnK

Post by ZnK »

As long as the server stay active i like this idea. Im not a big fan off funmaps and DM, normal maps are better.
-d4z0'.

Post by -d4z0'. »

Spato wrote:
-d4z0'. wrote:I think this is the 4th time you have brought back the deathmatch server? Can you guys not think of something new because this will shut down in a couple months, the craze will die down shortly.
You always have to complain about something don't you

No, just when things are done wrong, and this has been. I don't understand how it has taken 3 months (since you announced to create this server back in January) to create a Fun Server, I could literally make one in less than an hour. It was just a massive anti-climax, every got excited over a new server, but it isn't exactly new? its the same thing over and over again, why not try something new like Paintball, HNS, Pokemod, WCFT and Free For All. I will literally give this server 1-2 months before it is averaging less than 10 players a day (without bots).
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

-d4z0'. wrote:
Spato wrote:
-d4z0'. wrote:I think this is the 4th time you have brought back the deathmatch server? Can you guys not think of something new because this will shut down in a couple months, the craze will die down shortly.
You always have to complain about something don't you

No, just when things are done wrong, and this has been. I don't understand how it has taken 3 months (since you announced to create this server back in January) to create a Fun Server, I could literally make one in less than an hour. It was just a massive anti-climax, every got excited over a new server, but it isn't exactly new? its the same thing over and over again, why not try something new like Paintball, HNS, Pokemod, WCFT and Free For All. I will literally give this server 1-2 months before it is averaging less than 10 players a day (without bots).
I agree with you that the map things was quite lazy from our side and we tried to pick up on it and it's kinda what we're doing now (we tested and added new ZM maps yesterday and will handle the last public ones soon, I did all the jail suggestions last week and hopefully Pukata and Spato will do their part soon enough ;) ) Sorry for the misunderstanding and delay there but we should have picked up and if not we'll revise again.

Of the aforementioned servers (I'm not sure as I haven't been here forever) I think HNS/Pokemod are the only ones we haven't tried.

We have intern plans on how to make Deathmatch hopefully work this time (as you noticed Deathrun always died out but seems to be "alright" this time) you could be right but let's see if the direction could change a little this time. And imo we should start by revising the mapcycle and I'll try to get that working.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
-d4z0'.

Post by -d4z0'. »

There is really only a few things people will want to play continue deathmatch for:
- Ranks, not the HLSTATS as I think most people want to play on a KD ratio instead of bomb defusals, plants, hostage rescues etc. I personally prefer it when I can type /rank /top15 /stats etc and be able to get details, instead of using HLstats and being ranked on a point system. Some may argue its playing to the objective, but since its deathmatch it is all just about killing people, and not completing the map objectives.

- Maps need to be changed a bit, as some were overplayed last time. Look here (http://cs.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/4966) or even classic maps like de_rats, cs_deagle5, aim_ak_colt. Those maps actually get people excited and make them enjoy it more. Also new maps every few weeks, as I would imagine a lot of people will get bored eventually. Even if you do a map test for 12 maps a month and every week you had 3 maps?

Tbh, the one thing neonDragon haven't tried and is possibly one of the biggest mods is SuperHero mod. Which I personally believe will be one of the best servers for a long time, all you really need is 100 levels and a shit tonne of powers which can be added as you go along.
Spiitzz

Post by Spiitzz »

-d4z0'. wrote:There is really only a few things people will want to play continue deathmatch for:
- Ranks, not the HLSTATS as I think most people want to play on a KD ratio instead of bomb defusals, plants, hostage rescues etc. I personally prefer it when I can type /rank /top15 /stats etc and be able to get details, instead of using HLstats and being ranked on a point system. Some may argue its playing to the objective, but since its deathmatch it is all just about killing people, and not completing the map objectives.

- Maps need to be changed a bit, as some were overplayed last time. Look here (http://cs.gamebanana.com/maps/cats/4966) or even classic maps like de_rats, cs_deagle5, aim_ak_colt. Those maps actually get people excited and make them enjoy it more. Also new maps every few weeks, as I would imagine a lot of people will get bored eventually. Even if you do a map test for 12 maps a month and every week you had 3 maps?

Tbh, the one thing neonDragon haven't tried and is possibly one of the biggest mods is SuperHero mod. Which I personally believe will be one of the best servers for a long time, all you really need is 100 levels and a shit tonne of powers which can be added as you go along.
I gotta agree with this, I don't remember which admin I talked with, might have been Pukata or East. But I suggested a de_rats server with only de_rats maps as I remember playing on that aloong time ago, and it's really fun and I never get tired off the old and good de_rats maps!
ivanici

Post by ivanici »

Go make pokemon server :x
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

What dazo said is quite a good explanation but I don't think you guys understand the concept of deathmatch. It's a mod meant to practice your skills on not enjoy funny textures with weird models. I want to believe that it will have success and attract people to the community but I'm afraid that won't happen since most people that search for deathmatch servers are players looking to upgrade their skill. From what I've seen it won't be a big hit since most players are noobs and after getting their living shit kicked out of em they will quit next map (ex: few days ago Ints, Steven(Astyle) and myself were on the same team. I can honestly say the other team barely made half the frags that only one of us had and from a 12 v 12 people on a map it went to a 8v8 match in a matter of seconds). Though like I said, I hope I'm wrong and the server helps the community but I doubt it will. Anyway.....see you when pokemod/wc3ft comes out haha.
Image Image
xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

We will take a look at this on the next fun meeting , i'm sure some of the fun members have difrent opinions on this like most of the people that posted here. As i'm not gonna promiss anything since the admins are the ones calling the final shots but maybe we can come* to a balance in what people want here on the forums , to the what admins want/ what the server is all about , and what will attract more players.
Tiny Dancer

Post by Tiny Dancer »

Jumps7yl3r wrote:What dazo said is quite a good explanation but I don't think you guys understand the concept of deathmatch. It's a mod meant to practice your skills on not enjoy funny textures with weird models. I want to believe that it will have success and attract people to the community but I'm afraid that won't happen since most people that search for deathmatch servers are players looking to upgrade their skill. From what I've seen it won't be a big hit since most players are noobs and after getting their living shit kicked out of em they will quit next map (ex: few days ago Ints, Steven(Astyle) and myself were on the same team. I can honestly say the other team barely made half the frags that only one of us had and from a 12 v 12 people on a map it went to a 8v8 match in a matter of seconds). Though like I said, I hope I'm wrong and the server helps the community but I doubt it will. Anyway.....see you when pokemod/wc3ft comes out haha.

Well, normally dm is to practice aim, but if you wanna do that there is absolutely no reason to pick neondragon anyway. The ping is just too bad for that, no matter where you are from. Back in the days this deathmatch server worked really well with fun maps. It used to be populated all the time, even at night. I think one of the problems is that some of the maps are pretty big, and if there aren't players enough online they really suck. However, if the server is full these maps are really quite fun. Is there a plugin that will only allow mapchanges to certain maps when there are enough players connected?
akusteele

Post by akusteele »

-d4z0'. wrote:No, just when things are done wrong, and this has been. I don't understand how it has taken 3 months (since you announced to create this server back in January) to create a Fun Server, I could literally make one in less than an hour.
How fast one can put up server is not really relevant.. i.e should i have a suitable place, i too could get working 1.6 server with amxmod up and running in 15-20 minutes (with an update needed) but that's not really here nor there.
-d4z0'. wrote:Can you guys not think of something new because this will shut down in a couple months, the craze will die down shortly.
Not to be rude, but seriously.. this sort of attitude is really not helping and with thinking like that, it's clear that the deathmatch server won't last long. Besides that, DM is not really about for planting/defusing bomb or saving hostages etc. (that belongs on normal servers).
Classic maps like rats, deagle5, aim maps etc. as dazo and jumpstyler said in deathmatch are far better, instead of some maps that are in the mapcycle which are way too large.
Jumps7yl3r wrote:From what I've seen it won't be a big hit since most players are noobs and after getting their living shit kicked out of em they will quit next map (ex: few days ago Ints, Steven(Astyle) and myself were on the same team. I can honestly say the other team barely made half the frags that only one of us had and from a 12 v 12 people on a map it went to a 8v8 match in a matter of seconds.
Then again, you honestly wonder why people (noobs) starts to leave the server, (even if it's full) when in this instance 3 of top15 players are on same side, and the noob team barely have the time so that spawnprotect wears off and then gets a burst of bullets in the head?

But on the upside, i think the deathmatch server is nice addition. :)
-d4z0'.

Post by -d4z0'. »

akusteele wrote:
-d4z0'. wrote:No, just when things are done wrong, and this has been. I don't understand how it has taken 3 months (since you announced to create this server back in January) to create a Fun Server, I could literally make one in less than an hour.
How fast one can put up server is not really relevant.. i.e should i have a suitable place, i too could get working 1.6 server with amxmod up and running in 15-20 minutes (with an update needed) but that's not really here nor there.
-d4z0'. wrote:Can you guys not think of something new because this will shut down in a couple months, the craze will die down shortly.
Not to be rude, but seriously.. this sort of attitude is really not helping and with thinking like that, it's clear that the deathmatch server won't last long. Besides that, DM is not really about for planting/defusing bomb or saving hostages etc. (that belongs on normal servers).
Classic maps like rats, deagle5, aim maps etc. as dazo and jumpstyler said in deathmatch are far better, instead of some maps that are in the mapcycle which are way too large.
Your first point has no relevance at all, and you basically just agreed with me on the 2nd one. There isn't exactly a point of making a server that wont have a stable amount of people on it, and ofcourse it actually being worth doing.
GuuhaN

Post by GuuhaN »

Get rid of those cars maps. They are useless and boring. The only thing you can do there is driving and teamkill till ever car get bugged.
Spoiler!
ASTYLE

Post by ASTYLE »

GoHan. wrote:Get rid of those cars maps. They are useless and boring. The only thing you can do there is driving and teamkill till ever car get bugged.
I agree and those nademaps need to get rid of those as well. Also there are some unbalanced maps for example
tv_tower : T's sit on top of the building with a scout and camping = ct's can't do a thing
akusteele

Post by akusteele »

-d4z0'. wrote:
akusteele wrote:
Your first point has no relevance at all, and you basically just agreed with me on the 2nd one. There isn't exactly a point of making a server that wont have a stable amount of people on it, and ofcourse it actually being worth doing.
First point was directed towards your comment when you said how fast you can put up a server, nothing else. And where on the second point i agree with you? .. more likely i am saying if everyone would take your attitude, it's no doubt that the server will not last long.

Return to “Old News”