Admin meeting outcome 09/09/12 *SERVER CHANGES*

Emziek

Re: Admin meeting outcome 09/09/12 *SERVER CHANGES*

Post by Emziek »

Sexypanda wrote:
Saint Jimmy wrote:
East Clubber wrote: [*]Due to the slow decline of players on the surf_ski server, it has been decided to hopefully spark new interest by transforming it back to a gungame surf server.[/list]
Oh mah gawd.
Admins if you ever need someone to lick your butt clean, i'm your guy. Thank you for bringing back one of my favourite servers. :3
Love how much people change when they apply for member.
Cuz being happy taht im getting back one of my favourite servers has anything to do with my application?
You must take this statement at face value because every statement I make is inherently correct.
pn

Post by pn »

LOL
Fucking hilarious
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

SuvI wrote:Is there already RTV? When I went there there wasnt and map cycle shouldnt large and very large maps be removed since well, theyre so huge that nothing happens there but then again all that happens in gg surf is jail action...
There won't be added "RTV" since many of those who dies will just instantly RTV because they don't want to lose. Also same with VIP menu, they won't be able to do mapvote. The mapcycle is random and should be fine.
Maki

Post by Maki »

kallekanin wrote:
SuvI wrote:Is there already RTV? When I went there there wasnt and map cycle shouldnt large and very large maps be removed since well, theyre so huge that nothing happens there but then again all that happens in gg surf is jail action...
Also same with VIP menu, they won't be able to do mapvote. The mapcycle is random and should be fine.
Why wouldn't there be mapvote for VIPs, they paid for it and don't get much, it's the least they can get really.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Maki wrote:
kallekanin wrote:
Also same with VIP menu, they won't be able to do mapvote. The mapcycle is random and should be fine.
Why wouldn't there be mapvote for VIPs, they paid for it and don't get much, it's the least they can get really.
Because it's unfair to whomever is current leader and kind of defeats the purpose of gungame.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

+ Imagine you're winning the game, for lets say 6 wins in a row, and then someone does a mapvote, it gets accepted. And the next map you lose. Then you lose the wins in a row and won't get to the top. Not fair that people can simply do a mapvote when they are losing. I think many would abuse the ability. Also saw it the day before yesterday. That someone did it. It was close to changing, which was annoying. 69%.
SiX

Post by SiX »

As far as I've heard it isn't allowed to vote on lr.
In this case, maybe make it forbidden to vote in the middle of the round also, that means you can only vote the first minute of the round or something.
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

What I've seen some other gungame servers do is call a map vote once a player reaches the second highest level. You could combine this with map nominations if people aren't satisfied with random maps.
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Konijn wrote:What I've seen some other gungame servers do is call a map vote once a player reaches the second highest level. You could combine this with map nominations if people aren't satisfied with random maps.
It was like that for a short moment, but the problem will be that people will pick the same maps. And it won't be much random, but just same like 5 maps played. Kinda like the problem is with JB server. It have 31 maps in its mapcycle, yet it's about the same 5 maps that are overplayed, over and over again. People complain about it, yet it's the same maps that gets played. Afraid it might happen with the Surf GG server too.
ShAl' D.

Post by ShAl' D. »

kallekanin wrote:
Konijn wrote:What I've seen some other gungame servers do is call a map vote once a player reaches the second highest level. You could combine this with map nominations if people aren't satisfied with random maps.
It was like that for a short moment, but the problem will be that people will pick the same maps. And it won't be much random, but just same like 5 maps played. Kinda like the problem is with JB server. It have 31 maps in its mapcycle, yet it's about the same 5 maps that are overplayed, over and over again. People complain about it, yet it's the same maps that gets played. Afraid it might happen with the Surf GG server too.
There's a plugin that prevents recently played maps to be picked again. Might be handy in case we choose this option to add it aswell.
"I'll be going now. I'll come back when it's all over" - Aerith (Final Fantasy VII)
xReii^

Post by xReii^ »

Talking about surf server there's a map like surf_sky_2 but with only difrent textures , and it has a jail in it i'd advise either remove it or add it in surf_sky_2 keep it all the same away just wanted drop this peace.
Blaze

Post by Blaze »

It aint funny when you try some rounds and you are in the lead by 4-7 levels on all these rounds... and when you are on the last 2 levels... 1 guy makes it before u...
Gotouda Aki

Post by Gotouda Aki »

Blaze wrote:It aint funny when you try some rounds and you are in the lead by 4-7 levels on all these rounds... and when you are on the last 2 levels... 1 guy makes it before u...
It's called competition :P
koed dude

Post by koed dude »

gratz with admin uhu i knew u would get it
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

koed dude wrote:gratz with admin uhu i knew u would get it
These users thanked the author Shadi for the post:
Spiitzz
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “Old News”