[Accepted] Ra!NoX applying for the Runner's!

All accepted applications are stored here.
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Re: Ra!NoX applying for the Runner's!

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Bengt SneL Göransson wrote: @Foxy: If you gonna give him a no for hes lack of moderation is a stupid thing. Most members around here dont even give a shit if peoples rulebreak, yet they have their member status. And for hes lack of post on the forums why does that matter, Peoples got accepted with 3x less posts then him. And yeah, Peoples do a better job in moderating with member status and he would do 10x better job then few members around here.
I can see you're a little bit biased because you two seem to be good friends. I didn't give him a no for his lack of moderation, actually I didn't give him a no at all. I mentioned it as one of the few important cons. If he truly is dedicated to improving the server(s) and preventing people from breaking the rules, he would moderate as a regular as well. And saying it doesn't make a difference because people don't listen is bs. People do listen once you stand out of the crowd and know how to use your words. You (should) build your respect and authority previous to becoming member.
Shadi wrote:"We need to confirm competence before giving member/promotions not after, authority and respect should be gained the same way as wel"
This just summed up everything I said in once sentence.
These users thanked the author k1ngfoxxy for the post:
Pr0Gr4mm4
big d energy
doeda
VIP

Post by doeda »

I've known Rainox for a long time now, he never really broke a rule as the fps_override thingy wasn't implemented then. He always used the gstrafe yes, but never to be in any kind of advantage (rebelling, escaping, a game). He's very mature and you can have a cool chat with him, he's very liked in the server as I have seen. He wouldn't be the best member but definitely a good one. Yes from me.
"Never look down on anybody unless you're helping them up."

Ra!NoX

Post by Ra!NoX »

Foxy|Lady wrote:‣ Moderation - I have never, ever seen you moderate. Ever. You don't necessarily need powers in order to moderate? As in VIP or member powers. Sure, they come in handy and help a lot, but that's not an excuse for you to not moderate.
I admit that my moderation level has been weak lately..
But I were trying better before, but I gave up as those nonsteamers never listens or either read the chat.. :|

Example: Someone rulesbreaks by using an bug in map ( or anything else ) , I warn em', they keep going on with rulebreaking, there is no admins online whatsoever, only thing I can do is kick them once, they come back and it goes in loop - night ruined.... :rage:
Foxy|Lady wrote:‣ Social interaction - As Lien said : "Do people know you?". It's not only in regards to your forum activity/forum posts. I'm also talking about your in-game interaction with the players. Whenever you join the server, you just play by yourself, and talk to no one. I have seen a lot of players address to you in order for you to take action against a rule-breaker of some sort, because you're a VIP, and people assume that VIPs are admins. You didn't even bother to reply to them, at least saying you can't or anything. And this also brings me back to your lack of moderation. Moderation doesn't only imply !switch !kick !ban, you also have to talk to the players, explain to them what they're doing wrong, warn them, tell them the rules, etc.
Do people know me?.. I hope so, as I've played at these servers for few years now. I also talk with some of the nonsteamers helping them with binds/bhopping.
Also when moderators are in the server, I let them do their job. I also moderate time to time on the deathrun server, but rarely when you are there.
Yes, alot of people address to me about rule breakers, and I often do actions against it. But as explained above, I can both warn and kick someone, but 2 minutes later they are back.
Boab The BUILDER wrote:The main issue i would present is your behaviour before you kinda left to go to Fa, such as the thing decency mentioned about the override thing, that even though not allowed, you still continued to use it, and not like others to simply have smoother gameplay, i remember usually seeing someone flying around the map and knowing it was you, either using it to rebel as a T, or gain advantage in some fashion, So in a sense "abusing" the fact you could reach such speeds. I did also notice before you left for FA that you had resorted to trolling in some sense, if i remember correctly there were reports made on you, I cannot recall what the outcome of such things were.
doeda wrote:I've known Rainox for a long time now, he never really broke a rule as the fps_override thingy wasn't implemented then. He always used the gstrafe yes, but never to be in any kind of advantage (rebelling, escaping, a game). He's very mature and you can have a cool chat with him, he's very liked in the server as I have seen. He wouldn't be the best member but definitely a good one. Yes from me.
Boab, I've never used gstrafe to abuse (rebelling and such). Mostly I used it just for fun.
Kadaver

Post by Kadaver »

Hi there Ra!NoX !

I'm gonna leave my pros and cons below here and give my opninion about you're application

Pro's
- Activity in game.
- Nice and friendly guy.
- Have a mic.
- Have decent english.
- Required age to apply.
- Have some known ledge about handeling with admin/member menu's
- Nice application

Neutrals
- Have been on the strikelist. Tho I don't see this as a real con so i just put it @ the neutrals
- Moderating I don't see u a lot ingame so I don't used to see u moderating.

Con's
Don't really see a huge con

So hi there Ra!NoX I'm glad to see u applying for the runner team since the comminuty don't have alot of members for the runner team.
So basicly I love to see some more runners members around the community.

All with all u have a real nice application and ill hope u get accepted towards this community so u got my vote Yes.

Cheers,
kadaver
~ I'd like to "Fingerpaint" or bake some "Cupcakes" with u ~

~ Kadaver ~
Boab The BUILDER

Post by Boab The BUILDER »

Well regardless of what you actually used the speed advantage for, you continued to use it for whatever reason (you insist you never used it for such purposes, ok :P ), anyway, you continued to use it even while being warned in game, and you didnt really care.
These users thanked the author Boab The BUILDER for the post:
Rumey_
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

Boab The BUILDER wrote:Well regardless of what you actually used the speed advantage for, you continued to use it for whatever reason (you insist you never used it for such purposes, ok :P ), anyway, you continued to use it even while being warned in game, and you didnt really care.
peoples change bub, he stopped
emeNt

Post by emeNt »

+support for this guy, me and him used to be mates back in the days ;)..
OMFG

Post by OMFG »

100% Yes from me.You are 1 of those people who do ther job well and i know you play alot of deathrun.All others said it as well.Good luck dude i hope i see you with a nd*Runner if front of your name.
Call me DanGer or Red_Flash5 ;)
Swink^

Post by Swink^ »

Pro's
Good guy
Helpful
Know the rules
Etc.

Con's
Nothing brotha.

This guy is nice and work hard for his place in the team, you rather accept him or riperino.
I'll give you a yes Rainox, goodluck friend :S
I don't have a dirty mind, I have a sexy imagination ^_^
bloodsmeister

Post by bloodsmeister »

Rainox is a really nice guy and there are several factors you need to take into account about him. Even though there was the whole "override" thing but at the time, no rule was in place so your "point" is invalid. Everyone used override but now it's gone. Rainox has some fairly good experience when it comes to server management and knows when and when not to use powers, somewhat delays the process to get the full grip of what is actually happening. He's been a VIP at nD ever since mY.RuN went dead if I'm correct so he has been pumping some of that Norweigan money into the community. Not really sure whether he's been banned for anything like harassment or whatever but I'm going to say yes as he's a good guy and will make a perfect fit for the nD Runner squad.
Lien~

Post by Lien~ »

bloodsmeister wrote:Rainox is a really nice guy and there are several factors you need to take into account about him. Even though there was the whole "override" thing but at the time, no rule was in place so your "point" is invalid. Everyone used override but now it's gone. Rainox has some fairly good experience when it comes to server management and knows when and when not to use powers, somewhat delays the process to get the full grip of what is actually happening. He's been a VIP at nD ever since mY.RuN went dead if I'm correct so he has been pumping some of that Norweigan money into the community. Not really sure whether he's been banned for anything like harassment or whatever but I'm going to say yes as he's a good guy and will make a perfect fit for the nD Runner squad.
Actually, there was a rule in place and moderators had to go by them. Rainox had been warned a thousand times, kicked and yet he continued. Anyhow, just wanted to make that clear. Rainox knows how I think about him and if I were to vote I'd vote yes because I genuinely believe he is ready now. There are still a few minor things but none that would hold him back from becoming a member.
bloodsmeister

Post by bloodsmeister »

AmeLien~ wrote:
bloodsmeister wrote:Rainox is a really nice guy and there are several factors you need to take into account about him. Even though there was the whole "override" thing but at the time, no rule was in place so your "point" is invalid. Everyone used override but now it's gone. Rainox has some fairly good experience when it comes to server management and knows when and when not to use powers, somewhat delays the process to get the full grip of what is actually happening. He's been a VIP at nD ever since mY.RuN went dead if I'm correct so he has been pumping some of that Norweigan money into the community. Not really sure whether he's been banned for anything like harassment or whatever but I'm going to say yes as he's a good guy and will make a perfect fit for the nD Runner squad.
Actually, there was a rule in place and moderators had to go by them. Rainox had been warned a thousand times, kicked and yet he continued. Anyhow, just wanted to make that clear. Rainox knows how I think about him and if I were to vote I'd vote yes because I genuinely believe he is ready now. There are still a few minor things but none that would hold him back from becoming a member.
Ah okay, wasn't aware of that but what I said above is still what I think. Known him for about 6 years now since my nooby days of nD and nothing has changed between me and him. With the littlest part of training then again he'd make a perfect fit. Possibly immaturity moments at times but he's always been a genuine guy :-) Good luck Thomas :D
Evil-homer

Post by Evil-homer »

Accepted.

Your case was very close and so we decided to re-evaluate you and to take a re-vote , you will be delighted to know that we have now decided you should be part of the team

Sorry for the confusion

please contact lien on steam for further instructions
Tomato
VIP

Post by Tomato »

lol
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

Tomato wrote:lol