View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Dec 11, 2019 6:01 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

#1 Post[Declined] Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Cuddly teddy bear's nD* Fun application

-Introduction
Welcome guys and gals. The following information in the post is my application for the nD* Fun team. It may come as a surprise to some that I am applying, it may not, but nonetheless, I hope you enjoy reading my application and I also hope that is considered. If it isn't, well, I will work on things that need worked on.

- Steam ID: STEAM_0:0:155504984

- NickName: cuddly teddy bear

- Experience Level (including any previous admin work): Was a member at -[.40 cal ]- which is a clan based in San Diego, California. In my opinion, neonDragon is like European equivalent of -[.40 cal ]-. If you're curious, the website of the clan is http://www.40calgames.com.

- Average amount of time on our servers per day: Between 2-8 hours.

- Approximately, when did you start playing on our servers? As far as I can remember, i started playing Roadrage around December 2015. Roadrage was the first nD server I've been on.

- After answering these questions, please provide a brief introduction of your life (hobbies, studies etc.) as well as your motivation for helping to moderate our servers.

My name is Robert. I am 13 years old and I live in Northern Ireland, United Kingdom although I was born in Spain. I have lived in the UK for most of my life. My hobbies include playing with my dog (who was named after me), Playing Counter-Strike (obviously :P), using FL Studio which is a program used to make music on (I might share some of my creations at a later stage), playing sport such as football, rugby and softball and I also play the piano and drums. When I am older, I want to become a DJ/music producer. I am very passionate about music and I would like to have a career involving it. Because I like electronic music (EDM, house, dubstep), I feel as if becoming a music producer would suit me. :)

My motivation for helping to moderate your servers? Well, in Fun servers, I do catch the odd rule breaker, whether it is a cheater, harasser, or someone breaking other rules (TKing in Roadrage), I do have an active response. I have reported a few people in the last month or 2 months. Personally, my main motivation is to promote and enforce a calm, fun environment because games were and are created for the purpose of amusement. I know I can go a bit ape sometimes (death streak in DM or constantly getting backstabbed by people in Roadrage) but I can hopefully improve on that. :) Another part of my motivation is to sort out rule breakers (if they persist). The final part of my motivation is to help others when they are in need because the main purpose of a member or admin, in my opinion is to help other people when necessary. For example if they are new to the mod/mods and they want to know the rules of the server(s) or server commands, I would be quite happy to help them out.

Once again, thank you for reading my application and I hope you consider it, whoever reads it! :D

-cuddly

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 6:41 pm
#2 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
cuddly teddy bear wrote:

Same age as me When is your next birthday date??

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:30 pm

#3 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Hey man,

you've made yourself familiar with most of the regulars already and you seem to be a genuinely nice guy. You remind me of Jubia(Wongerz) is his younger years.
I think you definitely have potential but I doubt if you are ready for the position just now. I don't play on the fun servers so my opinion is based on your time on the JB server as you also spend some time there. You seem like a nice kid who's willing to learn and knows how to behave and respect others.

Pros
* English
* Personality/Attitude
* In-game Activity

Neutrals
* Rule Knowledge - I'm not sure if people could depend on you and your knowledge/handling when a troublesome situation appears
* Reports - I looked on the last couple of pages and see a few reports from you, could probably be more.

Cons
* Forum Activity - I think being part of discussions is really important and one of the few categories that recent applicants really lack and admins should look more at.
* Authority/Respect - I'm not sure if people respects you enough to listen to you, especially the group of people who don't really respect anyone.
* Moderation - Haven't really seen you moderate but it could be me not looking at the chat..

Conclusion
I'm not convinced yet, 13 is a very young age and it's natural one may not be fit for membership. However being a fun member is not the same as being a jail member and probably a bit easier, so with a little bit of more time / experience with moderating and general member behaviour I think you could be a good addition. I have to say that right now I don't think you've earned it.

Good luck though, as long as you stay on the right path you will make it some day if you decide to keep playing!

Sat Jul 09, 2016 7:46 pm

#4 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Decency wrote:
Hey man,

you've made yourself familiar with most of the regulars already and you seem to be a genuinely nice guy. You remind me of Jubia(Wongerz) is his younger years.
I think you definitely have potential but I doubt if you are ready for the position just now. I don't play on the fun servers so my opinion is based on your time on the JB server as you also spend some time there. You seem like a nice kid who's willing to learn and knows how to behave and respect others.

Pros
* English
* Personality/Attitude
* In-game Activity

Neutrals
* Rule Knowledge - I'm not sure if people could depend on you and your knowledge/handling when a troublesome situation appears
* Reports - I looked on the last couple of pages and see a few reports from you, could probably be more.

Cons
* Forum Activity - I think being part of discussions is really important and one of the few categories that recent applicants really lack and admins should look more at.
* Authority/Respect - I'm not sure if people respects you enough to listen to you, especially the group of people who don't really respect anyone.
* Moderation - Haven't really seen you moderate but it could be me not looking at the chat..

Conclusion
I'm not convinced yet, 13 is a very young age and it's natural one may not be fit for membership. However being a fun member is not the same as being a jail member and probably a bit easier, so with a little bit of more time / experience with moderating and general member behaviour I think you could be a good addition. I have to say that right now I don't think you've earned it.

Good luck though, as long as you stay on the right path you will make it some day if you decide to keep playing!

I will work on the cons you have mentioned. Thanks for the response.

Quote:
Same age as me When is your next birthday date??

1st July

You should live life to full potential by taking opportunities you are given.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 8:38 pm

#5 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
As Decency said, I think you have potential for becoming a member, but not yet. And that's mostly because of your immaturity. I've seen you harass others or look really butthurt sometimes when somebody kills you. I like the fact that you report a lot, while many other members don't. Another issue is that people won't listen to you: You suck at commanding and every time fail to show authority. When you command it's impossible to tell if you are walking the dog or if the dog is walking you.
My vote is NO. Would maybe be extend, but as the main con is immaturity there's nothing you can do about it. Just wait until you're a bit older and then apply again.

Sat Jul 09, 2016 9:58 pm
#6 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
¡Hola, Osito! :)

Decency wrote:
Pros
* English
* Personality/Attitude
* In-game Activity

I coincide in these pros.

Decency wrote:
Neutrals

He has made some reports (check here) of different rule breaking types. Regarding rule knowledge, I'm pretty sure he knows almost all the rules on the FUN servers. Apart from that, he also knows (as far as I've seen) a few CS 1.6 commands. I personally think he would be mature enough to make the right choice when facing any kind of issues (besides he says he has been a member before).

Decency wrote:
Cons
* Authority/Respect - I'm not sure if people respects you enough to listen to you, especially the group of people who don't really respect anyone. This makes no sense

A couple of things here:
1. As Decency mentions, you could be more active on the forums, but you can easily fix this.
2. I also agree on the moderation. But my opinion is only based on what I've seen / noticed on DM. We actually talked about this yesterday and, I know you are always willing to help, so I'm sure I will witness it some time soon.

Finally, your age. You are indeed very young, but I think you have a mature behaviour in the servers and in the forums. You have the right attitude in general. Sometimes, when you have a bad CS day, you get mad at yourself or at the game, which leads you to externalise said anger in words BUT without being disrespectful to anyone. So being both your temper controlled and your behaviour mature, I don't know how big an issue would really be the fact that you are 13. To sum up, I think you have a lot of potential :)

Anyway, I can only judge you from DM, Freeze and the forums. I wish you very good luck in your application!

Sat Jul 09, 2016 10:34 pm

#7 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Just a yes from me

Sun Jul 10, 2016 6:41 am

#8 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
isnt there an age limit????

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:36 pm

#9 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Shadi wrote:
You need to be 16 to become member, if you become member at an earlier age you're somewhat an exception or someone who deserves it extraordinarily.

Many players below that age have become members so it's definitely possible.

Sun Jul 10, 2016 9:22 pm

#10 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Hey cuddly nice to see your member application .

You are a kind guy who likes to help people with their problems. Also your english level is very high. The age doesnt matter at all i think.

So definetely a YES from me !

Mon Jul 11, 2016 11:08 pm

#11 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
I don't know you, but going by the posts made by the people that play in the servers quite a lot I'd say you're on the right path to becoming a member. You're still very young so I am not sure how you'd cope when it comes to having to handle a full server by yourself. I'll try to become a bit more active in the servers you play and see if I can make up my mind a bit better. For now I'm inclined to vote no due to your age, but I'll go with an extend so you have the time to make more of a name for yourself and prove your worth. Good luck with your application!

Tue Jul 12, 2016 8:55 pm

#12 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Extended

We have decided to extend your application because we see potential. We got some points for you to look at, and work on if you are up for it. We would like to see you try and not argue with those that harass/provoke you ingame, as well as show us you're able to moderate those who are reported by trying to defuse situations, informing people of the rules and the consequences of breaking them.

If you want to discuss these points, feel free to add me on steam or contact any other admin.

Good luck with your application.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:54 pm

#13 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
you made a lot of correct reports on cheaters, it's a bit unusual for people your age. Seems you understand what is hacks and you can distinguish between a simple player and cheater. It's big + for you in your application

Mon Jul 18, 2016 7:58 pm
#14 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Yea he`s gonna be accepted one - hundred percentage shore :D

Fri Jul 22, 2016 5:27 pm

#15 Post Re: Cuddly Teddy Bear's nD* Fun Application
Pros:
- Stays calm which means he won't easily get angry when players try to get on his nerves.
- Aware of the rules.
- Mature enough even for a 13 y.o
- Active (Moderates and reports when needed)
- Dedicated (trying hard to achieve member position)

Cons:
- None.

It's a yes from my side. Good luck cuddly!

Sat Jul 23, 2016 8:12 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 33 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next