Keeping nD alive...maybe

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Bravo

Keeping nD alive...maybe

Post by Bravo »

Welcome back nD!

nD Jailbreak is up and running again, only with a couple of issues such as: lag, ddos, etc.

It has been brought up before and discussed that we move the server to CS:GO. Back then however, it was still worth $15 or 13-ish euros. Now it can be played for free from any steam account. The game has seen the most player base among all video games in the last multiple weeks reaching nearly 1 million players.

+ most OG nD players have already moved and gotten used to the mechanics of CS:GO and it is quite annoying having to go back.

This idea however, could not be the best right now as Uhu is away and I do not believe we have anyone (admin, who is currently active) to control servers and put in maps, etc. This is up to the admins to discuss at this point.

I respectfully ask from each of you to keep the comments clean and be open for discussion.

Thank you, dearly,
L.A.P.D
Spoiler!
SCARFACE

Re: Keeping nD alive...maybe

Post by SCARFACE »

Hey, I'm glad that some people are getting back to the Jailbreak server and happy that you raised this point. In my opinion, moving the jailbreak server or creating another one in CS:GO isn't a good idea since this has been tried before and was a fail, people in CS:GO aren't interested in Jailbreak, there are some servers which are hardly active and I've played in them. Besides, since people are getting back to the game, we should take the chance to increase the activity both in forums and servers. I agree that having almost no admins to take care of a few problems is hard to deal with, but we should be patient. After months since I was banned from this community, I saw that nD players split up and joined other jailbreak servers of different communities, but now those servers are all dead, which is why I had more faith that nD's jailbreak server has more chances to be revived, It has a unique mod that no other communities own.
Cheers.
baby

Post by baby »

This is not a bad idea at all, as far as i know UHU is super busy with university and career work but I've seen admins online in discord so i'm pretty sure one of them can help us out. hopefully
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

I think the idea itself is not a bad one, BUT and I can only speak for myself cs 1.6 had always his own smooth running game play. CSGO is a nice game and we had a JB server which none were joining. We also had a zombie server where a couple of players did play it for a while but at the end it died out even with having members there.

CS 1.6 is a game which kinda never die at all forever, you'll still find classic or zombie server with a lot of players in it and so do I believe that we can get jb in 1.6 running again for a while since at one point many do miss these 1.6 times.

I also do believe to code or fix things in csgo is even way more harder than it is in 1.6 and is unworkable. Even if Uhu would find time for a while, what will happen if he is busy again? He'll gonna be the only one to fix stuff which is running wrong.

So I think getting the old jb back running without lags and a couple of changes as for adding new or old maps and fixing bugs would be the best choice before thinking of creating a csgo jb server (again).

Do also not forget we even had a TF2 jb server and no one joined it to play at it except for 1-2 days.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Maki
Friend of the Community

Post by Maki »

ZeRo#1 wrote:I think the idea itself is not a bad one, BUT and I can only speak for myself cs 1.6 had always his own smooth running game play. CSGO is a nice game and we had a JB server which none were joining. We also had a zombie server where a couple of players did play it for a while but at the end it died out even with having members there.

CS 1.6 is a game which kinda never die at all forever, you'll still find classic or zombie server with a lot of players in it and so do I believe that we can get jb in 1.6 running again for a while since at one point many do miss these 1.6 times.

I also do believe to code or fix things in csgo is even way more harder than it is in 1.6 and is unworkable. Even if Uhu would find time for a while, what will happen if he is busy again? He'll gonna be the only one to fix stuff which is running wrong.

So I think getting the old jb back running without lags and a couple of changes as for adding new or old maps and fixing bugs would be the best choice before thinking of creating a csgo jb server (again).

Do also not forget we even had a TF2 jb server and no one joined it to play at it except for 1-2 days.
zombie escape was popular until it got fucked repeatedly by valve updates

CS 1.6 servers are only kept alive via boosting, and really, don't see much point in hemorrhaging more money into a game that's past its prime. Most available JB maps were tested, and none are developped because everyone's moved on from this game.

Nostalgia's cool and nice, but honestly, it's just about time to move on to newer horizons.
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

Maki wrote:
ZeRo#1 wrote:I think the idea itself is not a bad one, BUT and I can only speak for myself cs 1.6 had always his own smooth running game play. CSGO is a nice game and we had a JB server which none were joining. We also had a zombie server where a couple of players did play it for a while but at the end it died out even with having members there.

CS 1.6 servers are only kept alive via boosting, and really, don't see much point in hemorrhaging more money into a game that's past its prime. Most available JB maps were tested, and none are developped because everyone's moved on from this game.

Nostalgia's cool and nice, but honestly, it's just about time to move on to newer horizons.
Going to have to second most of this message Maki wrote with the exception of that it's harder to code in go, it's not, it's just more limited and indeed it's harder to fix issues due to valve updates.

Also with all due respect to uhu why is there so much faith in him? Guy is cool but coding skills were very limited, unless that's changed. I'd understand more if you were relying on Pukata to set up servers, especially the ones he's enthusiastic about.

While I agree we can get 1.6 JB up and running again, it's going to be a very fucking difficult battle of constant boosts, constant events - and it'd miraculously be the only english speaking jb server that's even breathing from the last few times i checked.
Rather, as Maki said, try to see if we can span out into a game that doesn't have a leg in its grave.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Shadi wrote:
Maki wrote:

Going to have to second most of this message Maki wrote with the exception of that it's harder to code in go, it's not, it's just more limited and indeed it's harder to fix issues due to valve updates.

Also with all due respect to uhu why is there so much faith in him? Guy is cool but coding skills were very limited, unless that's changed. I'd understand more if you were relying on Pukata to set up servers, especially the ones he's enthusiastic about.

While I agree we can get 1.6 JB up and running again, it's going to be a very fucking difficult battle of constant boosts, constant events - and it'd miraculously be the only english speaking jb server that's even breathing from the last few times i checked.
Rather, as Maki said, try to see if we can span out into a game that doesn't have a leg in its grave.
Who do you think is willing to code on JB GO or to get more knowledge at it to be able to fix things???

The past 12 days there were +16 players in jb and we even yesterday had 30 players. I guess the old jb 1.6 died out before bcs no one had the will to fix all the bugs which happend.
I have no clue if now someone does but at least as we can see it is not that dead anymore and we have a chance to keep it alive.

If we would get a stable playerbase back then we could make a poll asking what the regulars think about to move on to GO or if they're just attracted still to the old one bcs as I feel and said it its running smooth as for the movement and more, where in GO everything depends on having a good pc and not your internet. Not everyone can afford a good pc and with more and more updates you always have to boost your pc to be able to play without getting low fps or lags. Thats at least what I experienced.

Uhu got mentioned bcs he fixed map stuff and bugs and ofc Pukata or Ko9 would be able fix stuff or are even better at coding. That does not even matter if none of them have the time or will to do stuff for the nD community.

What I never did understand why always other stuff got implemented in the server/s before just fixing minor bugs and more. It is like you have a broken car and before you make it drive again you pimp up your wheels or add a spoiler or whatever.

JB died bcs at the end every member who tried to ban rulebreakers, remove ct access, handle reports did it for nothing bcs the system were not working anymore and everyone could play even if banned or being a ct even if access removed. So no one was able to handle the server anymore and at the end everyone gave up.

The team had also private probs. No one felt that his ton of shit he solved/fixed got appreciated and the admins lost their energy as well. It simply has not been a team anymore working together hand by hand wich was a reason too that nD kinda died before.

If you want to revive nD then a lot of things has to be done in the right direction in a GOOD TEAM. Sharing the work and not thinking why should I do it, the other member/admin is not doing it either.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

ZeRo#1 wrote:Who do you think is willing to code on JB GO or to get more knowledge at it to be able to fix things???
I mean unless he's changed drastically uhu has never had reliable activity since 2012-13... so idk. Pukata is inactive but he's had consistent bursts.

ZeRo#1 wrote: The past 12 days there were +16 players in jb and we even yesterday had 30 players. I guess the old jb 1.6 died out before bcs no one had the will to fix all the bugs which happend.
I have no clue if now someone does but at least as we can see it is not that dead anymore and we have a chance to keep it alive.
sounds good
ZeRo#1 wrote: If we would get a stable playerbase back then we could make a poll asking what the regulars think about to move on to GO or if they're just attracted still to the old one bcs as I feel and said it its running smooth as for the movement and more, where in GO everything depends on having a good pc and not your internet. Not everyone can afford a good pc and with more and more updates you always have to boost your pc to be able to play without getting low fps or lags. Thats at least what I experienced.
I think in the past I'd have agreed with you, regarding only good pcs but the most substandard pcs nowadays can run cs:go; it's only if you have a really ancient computer (with old hardware) that you can't. You can buy a ~400 euro pc and run it well. But yea if your pc is from 2005 then that's another story.
ZeRo#1 wrote: Uhu got mentioned bcs he fixed map stuff and bugs and ofc Pukata or Ko9 would be able fix stuff or are even better at coding. That does not even matter if none of them have the time or will to do stuff for the nD community.
I do agree that some work, of low quality, would be more beneficial of no work in high quality in this particular case but to me they're all gone.
ZeRo#1 wrote: What I never did understand why always other stuff got implemented in the server/s before just fixing minor bugs and more. It is like you have a broken car and before you make it drive again you pimp up your wheels or add a spoiler or whatever.

JB died bcs at the end every member who tried to ban rulebreakers, remove ct access, handle reports did it for nothing bcs the system were not working anymore and everyone could play even if banned or being a ct even if access removed. So no one was able to handle the server anymore and at the end everyone gave up.
There's almost no correct way to handle the nonsteam client, either they come with massive bugs allowing people to change into any steam id or they're broken in other ways. This is not on our side and unless we heavily recoded an open source one there's no point in trying to really keep them out, that or remove nonsteam. Then at least you'd have to go through the effort of creating a new steam acc and paying a miniscule amount every time you're busted for banevading.
ZeRo#1 wrote: The team had also private probs. No one felt that his ton of shit he solved/fixed got appreciated and the admins lost their energy as well. It simply has not been a team anymore working together hand by hand wich was a reason too that nD kinda died before.

If you want to revive nD then a lot of things has to be done in the right direction in a GOOD TEAM. Sharing the work and not thinking why should I do it, the other member/admin is not doing it either.
true
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
baby

Post by baby »

ZeRo#1 wrote:

The past 12 days there were +16 players in jb and we even yesterday had 30 players. I guess the old jb 1.6 died out before bcs no one had the will to fix all the bugs which happend.
I think the reason for this last bump in activity is mainly due to the corona epidemic and most people having to stick in their homes more.
If we miss this chance to get people hooked again in the servers i don't think we might get another as good as this.

cs 1,6 is amazing, i shared Zero opinion that CSGO cant replace it until i played jailbreak in go and saw how amazing the maps are and how many new stuff is added. It's overwhelming at the start like a kid playing with a new toy

I've been playing jailbreak in past few months in CSGO and there are only few European server that speak English and they are most of the time full.
This mod is dominated by USA servers but for us Europeans we get high ping and we wish we could find one that has Eu origin.

In conclusion, CSGO JB has a great potential with so many new features and overwhelming maps that you can't imagine. We just need a push to get started, it would be very helpful if the admins can tell us what we would need exactly for it to work ?
hoho

Post by hoho »

I guess the old jb 1.6 died out before bcs no one had the will to fix all the bugs which happend.
u gonna fix the lag anytime soon?
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Post by Shadi »

hoho wrote:
I guess the old jb 1.6 died out before bcs no one had the will to fix all the bugs which happend.
u gonna fix the lag anytime soon?
Constant high ping? Spikes? FPS lag? Numbers? Elaborate

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”