Jail_Aj_Ultimate

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Shadi
neonDragon Admin

Re: Jail_Aj_Ultimate

Post by Shadi »

Guess ppl that know how to make maps need to do some work :lol:
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Queen's Revenge

Post by Queen's Revenge »

Shadi wrote:Guess ppl that know how to make maps need to do some work :lol:
The thing is, they already have and they came up with pretty cool maps but for some reason people still refuse new things. Again, literally anyone (members, admins, VIPs, normal regulars) in the server can contribute to the possibility of playing different maps, existent in the mapcycle, through NOMINATION and MAPVOTE and just generally encouraging people to vote for less played maps ("pls pls pls vote 2" wont work tho).

Having extra work suggesting maps, testing, adding them and monitoring, is just completely unnecessary at this point, especially because right now people just want to play with their friends and want to be entertained. When it comes to server population, if it wasn't for quarantine and Zero's huge efforts, JB would be empty most of the time.
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Queen's Revenge wrote:
Shadi wrote:Guess ppl that know how to make maps need to do some work :lol:
The thing is, they already have and they came up with pretty cool maps but for some reason people still refuse new things. Again, literally anyone (members, admins, VIPs, normal regulars) in the server can contribute to the possibility of playing different maps, existent in the mapcycle, through NOMINATION and MAPVOTE and just generally encouraging people to vote for less played maps ("pls pls pls vote 2" wont work tho).

Having extra work suggesting maps, testing, adding them and monitoring, is just completely unnecessary at this point, especially because right now people just want to play with their friends and want to be entertained. When it comes to server population, if it wasn't for quarantine and Zero's huge efforts, JB would be empty most of the time.
Oh pls you make me blush Queeny :P

Well I made a poll which you probably saw to see if the main reason that regulars came back no matter old or new ones was bcs of the quarantine time or not. The main reason which the poll shows it itself is that the guys see there is more activity in jb again and nD doesn't look that dead anymore. Where we defo can thank a lot of guys who helped us out in the background to fix many stuff to get more and more to at least the old and standard jb and forum back.

My opinion is and will always be that new maps will entertain players the same as the old and overplayed ones they know. It simply depends on how the map look like and what games can be played.

For an example the map which was created called Videogamez does in my opinion look good but it was just an wide open map and the games been ok not super interesting.
But I'm pretty sure there are some maps which have the abbility to let the newcomers explore this for them unknown map and to like it as well and maybe later will nominate the map themselve.

I guess the prob is newcomers won't be even able at all to know which new map can be good, bcs whenever they join there is simply only snow, arsenal and so on running in the server.

We had some nights where for an example Konijn gave us many old and new maps to play and not a single one complained and enjoyed it. Humans are curious also, they want to figure out new things as for how can they rebell on that map, where are the hidden guns, succeeding and winning in a game and many more.

I believe it is worth to test out some of the maps slink mentioned and to add the ones which seems fine bcs all what could happen is simply that we will end up playing on the standard maps again.
So nothing to lose and even more to win for players like me who enjoy new stuff or maps.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
minato
nD* Jail Member

Post by minato »

Queen's Revenge wrote:
Cruxell wrote:
Shadi wrote:I’ve said the same thing for many many years now. We shouldn’t force ppl to play maps they don’t wanna play if they’re recycling the same ones there are good reasons. As much as I hated the imbalance and stupidity of a map like that colorful one or whatever it was called (STRONG terrorist advantage and only the most competent CT teams could handle it successfully) it was very liked and very picked.

As for the suggested map here if there’s such a critical bug I can’t add it, sorry.
Agree with Shadi here.
Arsenal, Snow, Leyawiin and similar maps are overplayed because they're good. This means that the CTs have an easy time controlling the Ts, and the Ts have many games that they can enjoy playing. People enjoy playing these maps, and even though it'd be awesome if there were other equally good maps, sadly there are none, so it's better to let people play these few good maps than to force them to play maps they don't like.
For example Station is a map that has got a huge number of games, but it's also dark, kinda claustrophobic, it's easy to get lost and there are too many ladders where it's hard to control the Terrorists. The players clearly prefer maps that are simple, even if they don't have too many games, over big but complicated maps.
Even seen from that perspective, there is no need to add new maps because 1. They will never enter the circle of good classic liked maps and 2. They won't even be picked. It's just extra work that isn't needed and can be applied somewhere else.
I agree that we dont need to add new maps because we already have "good maps" we just need to choose them, for example when its time to vote for maps, choose one we havent played like jb_sunny, but if jb_sunny comes upp in the vote section and theres jb_snow or jb_temple in that vote que aswell it wont get picked so i whould say yes to admins forcing map change to give the players a fresh new look, and who knows if we have a full server, switching to a map that hasent been played 4 a while, they might start picking that map because they now know thats a good map.
Haffish

Post by Haffish »

i never knew why the beach_myrun/nD map was removed either, big map, plenty of games, that’d be nostalgic to bring back also wlahi
my dad go iraq never come back boom boom ? yes !
Supercell
VIP

Post by Supercell »

I think we need to add old maps like jb_easynsimple , freibier_beta , jail_aj_ultimate for example back into the mapcycles and remove some of the maps who are currently in the mapcycle. I know there are plenty of old maps which got removed from the mapcycle for a good reason , for example it was too overplayed or there was a bug that nobody could fix. But in this way the maps from the current mapcycle are really getting overplayed and I hardly believe that our regulars are getting tired of playing the same maps over and over again. I mean the only maps we always playing are temple , snow , arsenal and color full , sometimes we even play it 2 times in 2 hours which is really boring.

People are also not trying to vote for other maps they never play because they are probably too lazy to discover those maps or prefer a standard map which they know better than others so they can get LR easier since they know how to play the mapgames. I mean always when the server crashes we go back to jb_sunny and in 2 minutes after the server crashes you can vote for a new map or either gives you an option to "Stay here" so you can keep playing jb_sunny , but people still voting for the other maps because they know the other maps better. There needs to be a solution for this so we can show our playerbase some new maps which they never played or are only playing once in a while. I think the admins can help us out with this and change map to old maps when they are online , just like Shadi and uhu did a few days ago.
Lionel Messi best player in football history

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”