Jail_Aj_Ultimate

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Moee

Jail_Aj_Ultimate

Post by Moee »

i'll just go straight into the subject
Can we add an old map called
Jail_Aj_Ultimate
I saw it in neondragon video and its really huge big and cool to play in i guess and jb is up again so why not .So here is the video.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5DEOtioul0Q
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Re: Jail_Aj_Ultimate

Post by Shadi »

i do remember this one being fairly popular, but it was at a time that map quality was lower. However, in the state the servers are in i don't think it's a bad idea to cater to the needs of most individuals if you want this map i could try to poke an admin to approve.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Moee

Post by Moee »

Thanks, Really appreciated
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I’ve poked 2 admins without luck so far but I’ll continue trying. If there’s no luck I will try myself.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin

Post by zapt0r »

Moee wrote:i'll just go straight into the subject
Jail_Aj_Ultimate
I saw it in neondragon video and its really huge big and cool to play in i guess and jb is up again so why not .So here is the video.
This map used to be the standard for most jb communities back in the days. It was removed because of the button you press to open cells is bugged, a long with the light buttons. Not sure if anyone got into fixing it.
Regards,
zapt0r
baby

Post by baby »

zapt0r wrote:
Jail_Aj_Ultimate
This map used to be the standard for most jb communities back in the days. It was removed because of the button you press to open cells is bugged, a long with the light buttons. Not sure if anyone got into fixing it.
it hasn't been fixed it shouldn't be added with those bugs it made server so unplayable.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

zapt0r wrote:
Jail_Aj_Ultimate
Also whenever the map came bcs of the mapcycle, no one liked it a lot. There are some good games but the map itself is a bit tight to control the T's properly. Those are my thoughts.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
minato

Post by minato »

Lets be real tho, the only maps we do play is jb_temple,jb_snow,jb_leyawiin,jb_community,jb_aresenal. every single day, we need to explore the old and unknown maps if we want to break this cycle quite frankly it gets boring playing the same games in the same maps over and over, am i wrong?.

we need to show the new comers that there is more good maps then only those.
Queen's Revenge
Weirdly kind ball of pizza donut

Post by Queen's Revenge »

This map was perfect to play around and just sucked imo.
minato wrote:Lets be real tho, the only maps we do play is jb_temple,jb_snow,jb_leyawiin,jb_community,jb_aresenal. every single day, we need to explore the old and unknown maps if we want to break this cycle quite frankly it gets boring playing the same games in the same maps over and over, am i wrong?.

we need to show the new comers that there is more good maps then only those.
I agree with this. The mapcycle isn't lacking good and different maps. Simply people forget to nominate other maps and always vote for familiar map names. I don't think we should be putting in effort into adding new maps at this point but instead members, admins and other regulars should be focusing on diversifying map choices when voting (through nomination or incase they are VIPs) and encourage people to vote for more "unfamiliar" map names.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

I’ve said the same thing for many many years now. We shouldn’t force ppl to play maps they don’t wanna play if they’re recycling the same ones there are good reasons. As much as I hated the imbalance and stupidity of a map like that colorful one or whatever it was called (STRONG terrorist advantage and only the most competent CT teams could handle it successfully) it was very liked and very picked.

As for the suggested map here if there’s such a critical bug I can’t add it, sorry.

- Benjamin Franklin
Queen's Revenge

A very quick example: jb_station5. Never heard a complaint about it, games are different and the overall map looks good and can be well played. However, it isn't picked often. Why is that? I think people just forget it's existence and when it's time to vote, if option 1 is jb_temple, option 2 is jb_station5 and option 3 is jb_snow and so on, they will ALWAYS pick either jb_temple or jb_snow because they are very used to it. They might like station5 as well but it isn't among the common choices because it's a more recent map and less "classic" and the name doesn't sound as familiar.
These users thanked the author Queen's Revenge for the post:
Zeke
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Yes but they forgot about it as a collective unit, a democratic vote - the way to spark interest in these maps is to get people to vote them or admins to swap to them once in a while.

- Benjamin Franklin
Queen's Revenge

Shadi wrote:Yes but they forgot about it as a collective unit, a democratic vote - the way to spark interest in these maps is to get people to vote them or admins to swap to them once in a while.
Spoiler!
Nice steal, you thief
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Shadi wrote:I’ve said the same thing for many many years now. We shouldn’t force ppl to play maps they don’t wanna play if they’re recycling the same ones there are good reasons. As much as I hated the imbalance and stupidity of a map like that colorful one or whatever it was called (STRONG terrorist advantage and only the most competent CT teams could handle it successfully) it was very liked and very picked.

As for the suggested map here if there’s such a critical bug I can’t add it, sorry.
Agree with Shadi here.
Arsenal, Snow, Leyawiin and similar maps are overplayed because they're good. This means that the CTs have an easy time controlling the Ts, and the Ts have many games that they can enjoy playing. People enjoy playing these maps, and even though it'd be awesome if there were other equally good maps, sadly there are none, so it's better to let people play these few good maps than to force them to play maps they don't like.
For example Station is a map that has got a huge number of games, but it's also dark, kinda claustrophobic, it's easy to get lost and there are too many ladders where it's hard to control the Terrorists. The players clearly prefer maps that are simple, even if they don't have too many games, over big but complicated maps.
Queen's Revenge

Cruxell wrote:
Shadi wrote:I’ve said the same thing for many many years now. We shouldn’t force ppl to play maps they don’t wanna play if they’re recycling the same ones there are good reasons. As much as I hated the imbalance and stupidity of a map like that colorful one or whatever it was called (STRONG terrorist advantage and only the most competent CT teams could handle it successfully) it was very liked and very picked.

Agree with Shadi here.
Arsenal, Snow, Leyawiin and similar maps are overplayed because they're good. This means that the CTs have an easy time controlling the Ts, and the Ts have many games that they can enjoy playing. People enjoy playing these maps, and even though it'd be awesome if there were other equally good maps, sadly there are none, so it's better to let people play these few good maps than to force them to play maps they don't like.
For example Station is a map that has got a huge number of games, but it's also dark, kinda claustrophobic, it's easy to get lost and there are too many ladders where it's hard to control the Terrorists. The players clearly prefer maps that are simple, even if they don't have too many games, over big but complicated maps.
Even seen from that perspective, there is no need to add new maps because 1. They will never enter the circle of good classic liked maps and 2. They won't even be picked. It's just extra work that isn't needed and can be applied somewhere else.

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”