View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu Nov 21, 2019 12:30 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
nD*** Jail Member

#16 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
QuErza! wrote:
Sloth wrote:
zapt0r wrote:
When people point fingers they usually end up on Admins. Admins are the ones that actually care for the community. They voluntary keep up with all the bs coming in left and right. Yet, they are simply just an old regular who wants to put down a bit more effort into the community than the average player. nD's cancer is the zero appreciating given to the people who actually put down several hours a day to give players the best experience we can offer. There comes a point where you simply cba to deal with the trolls, ungratefulness, and the toxicity that haunts nD. Getting a shitstorm your way every time you take action, good or bad, does not inspire motivation. Would you "work" under such conditions? I guess not. That is also why you see staff leaving rather frequently. A ton of work with very limited reward. As for member/admins positions. Demand is high, supply is low. Exit barriers are significantly lower than entry barriers - recruitment is low. Players tend to greed more and more. They expect new features here and there, but they do not take into consideration that someone has to actually develop and implement it. If you have a craving for a good idea, then nobody is stopping you from executing it - simply put in the work required to make it happen.

The root of nD's problem is its culture. If people showed greater respect, appreciation, excitement, and encouragement - instead of pushing one another down with every opportunity that arises - then I am sure we would be able to turn nD around, together. However, one thing is certain, the admins and members cannot run the community on their own. Games are about shared experiences, rendered extraordinarily powerful by interaction and ownership. It all boils down to how we can optimise the gaming and community experience.

A community is driven by the people in it, not solely by admins- that is what makes it a community. How good a community is doing is highly correlated with what kind of members that are in it, how each individual is contributing and how we all collaborate together to support growth and enjoyment. Do not think that you cannot help develop the community as "just a regular". Some of the best works that have happened in nD came from regulars, not staff. Plant seeds and watch them grow. If you look at what we accomplished in the long-run, you will see that we have actually had a quite astounding growth. New features are still getting added continuously. The speed of which features are added varies, but at least we are not taking backward steps in that direction. We will have failures and victories. There is no magical solution for how to grow a community in no time, especially not for an old game like cs 1.6. Regardless, a community will always have its ups and downs. How we manage and cope with these fluctuations is how strong the community is.

The reason I personally left was because the community turned to complete aids with all the nonsteamers joining in and basically turning the server into an arabic hangout. No english, and tons of mic spams and complete fuckery made most of the old regulars sick and tired of trying to play in the first place.

I left because i got banned for 4 months for calling someone a retard :) while the guy i called retard told someone else to KYS and only got a warning. Yeah admins truly care about the community

Quiet funny to see you play the "I'm innocent" or "victim" card. You been many times a pain in the ass and you were always searching for beef with that "someone" just because he got you banned and bcs you dislike him. So I'm pretty sure you did not only got banned for calling "someone" a retard, but was worth a try to create some "bad admins" drama. Grow up brothaaa and get a thicker skin ;)

Spoiler: show

Wed Dec 19, 2018 5:02 pm

#17 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Quote:
I left because i got banned for 4 months for calling someone a retard :) while the guy i called retard told someone else to KYS and only got a warning. Yeah admins truly care about the community

I got chatbox banned, for the 27th time for saying pedophilia is bad. go figure.

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Thu Dec 20, 2018 5:17 pm
neonDragon Admin

#18 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
We had a quite popular zombie escape server last year on CS:GO, making it all to #70 on gametracker.com's csgo server list.
Then valve decided to release an update that broke the server around january 2018, destroying 7 months of effort in an instant.
The server was down for 3 days, while we hopelessly waited for an update to be released for the server to be revived. By the time sourcemod team released a fix, the players were gone.
Now this isnt the only example, we had 5-6 of such cases in 2017, but players stayed around in those cases.
CS:GO servers require such huge effort to maintain, due to valve being unable to release updates without breaking something. A good example is MOTD no longer works in csgo because why not, breaking some awesome features we had on the server. A quick scout on gametracker.com also shows that cs 1.6 servers are by far more populated than CS:GO, even in 2018.

cs 1.6, page 30 on gametracker: https://www.gametracker.com/search/cs/? ... =30#search
csgo, page 30 on gametracker: https://www.gametracker.com/search/csgo ... =30#search

page 30 for csgo and 1.6 shows that servers have plenty more players compared to csgo.
Switching from 1.6 to CS:GO requires not only more effort on the maintenence of the server, and a high risk of server death in the event valve releases a faulty update (33% chance for that for each update), but you are also operating amongst many servers competing for a fewer number of players compared to 1.6. Not a good deal for me.

CS:GO players often just prefer the automatic match-making for whatever mod they want to play.

I recently revived Zombie Escape in CS:GO, since it was a quite popular server last year, and drew in quite a lot of regulars. Lets see how far it gets, and pray valve wont break it too soon.

Sun Dec 23, 2018 5:09 pm

#19 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
ZeRo#1 wrote:
QuErza! wrote:
Sloth wrote:
zapt0r wrote:
When people point fingers they usually end up on Admins. Admins are the ones that actually care for the community. They voluntary keep up with all the bs coming in left and right. Yet, they are simply just an old regular who wants to put down a bit more effort into the community than the average player. nD's cancer is the zero appreciating given to the people who actually put down several hours a day to give players the best experience we can offer. There comes a point where you simply cba to deal with the trolls, ungratefulness, and the toxicity that haunts nD. Getting a shitstorm your way every time you take action, good or bad, does not inspire motivation. Would you "work" under such conditions? I guess not. That is also why you see staff leaving rather frequently. A ton of work with very limited reward. As for member/admins positions. Demand is high, supply is low. Exit barriers are significantly lower than entry barriers - recruitment is low. Players tend to greed more and more. They expect new features here and there, but they do not take into consideration that someone has to actually develop and implement it. If you have a craving for a good idea, then nobody is stopping you from executing it - simply put in the work required to make it happen.

The root of nD's problem is its culture. If people showed greater respect, appreciation, excitement, and encouragement - instead of pushing one another down with every opportunity that arises - then I am sure we would be able to turn nD around, together. However, one thing is certain, the admins and members cannot run the community on their own. Games are about shared experiences, rendered extraordinarily powerful by interaction and ownership. It all boils down to how we can optimise the gaming and community experience.

A community is driven by the people in it, not solely by admins- that is what makes it a community. How good a community is doing is highly correlated with what kind of members that are in it, how each individual is contributing and how we all collaborate together to support growth and enjoyment. Do not think that you cannot help develop the community as "just a regular". Some of the best works that have happened in nD came from regulars, not staff. Plant seeds and watch them grow. If you look at what we accomplished in the long-run, you will see that we have actually had a quite astounding growth. New features are still getting added continuously. The speed of which features are added varies, but at least we are not taking backward steps in that direction. We will have failures and victories. There is no magical solution for how to grow a community in no time, especially not for an old game like cs 1.6. Regardless, a community will always have its ups and downs. How we manage and cope with these fluctuations is how strong the community is.

The reason I personally left was because the community turned to complete aids with all the nonsteamers joining in and basically turning the server into an arabic hangout. No english, and tons of mic spams and complete fuckery made most of the old regulars sick and tired of trying to play in the first place.

Quiet funny to see you play the "I'm innocent" or "victim" card. You been many times a pain in the ass and you were always searching for beef with that "someone" just because he got you banned and bcs you dislike him. So I'm pretty sure you did not only got banned for calling "someone" a retard, but was worth a try to create some "bad admins" drama. Grow up brothaaa and get a thicker skin ;)
Could you please not write shit you have no idea about? You were not even a member of this community when i got banned mate :) Iam not playing the victim card nor am i trying to create any sort of drama. I just wrote what i experienced :)

Sun Dec 23, 2018 10:24 pm

#20 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
ZeRo#1 wrote:
QuErza! wrote:
Sloth wrote:
zapt0r wrote:

Tells a guy to grow up and follows it up with "brothaaaa"...... Do I need to say more?

Mon Dec 24, 2018 1:16 am

#21 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
nd is on dying state, mostly all the fun/old regulars 'those who acually are fun to play with' is either banned or simply just left. only one i seen who really puts an effort right now is xalus whos trying to revive the server with new contents, big up for that. admins really dont need to put some effort server based cus the server is peaking at 10-15 players and there is always some member online. and the forums really dont need moderation from an admin and admin meetings is pretty much dead. so i have no idea what they are doing no offence.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:35 am

#22 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
As an old regular I have to agree with SneL. nD lost it's prime when people left.

Fri Jan 04, 2019 2:03 pm

#23 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
i dont really think updates and new features will revive the servers , me and most of players dont have the motivation to play because there is no one to have fun with in the server , i think its a period of time and when old players rejoin, the servers will be revived . nibbas follow each other :3

about the CS:GO idea , CS:GO server are really hard to maintain or even to play in , i tested jb Lrs and things with uhu time ago , its not the same experiance u'll have in cs 1,6 . i dont know how to say it but its like more fluid in 1,6 .

Fri Jan 04, 2019 11:42 pm

#24 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
main question is: if the owner doesn't care, why should players care either? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:52 am

#25 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Lagger wrote:
main question is: if the owner doesn't care, why should players care either? ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

You mean if admins doesnt care why members should care*

These kids...Image

Serselli?

Sat Jan 05, 2019 1:53 pm
Profile WWW

#26 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
voodoo wrote:
Lagger wrote:

you were being a shitty member who doesnt even show up on fun servers when needed. when silence became a member , he took care of that , it was ur job not his or any other member, and now u are trying to say that u were doing the right thing. and to prove ur point u are saying that the admins are being as useless as u were

just fuck off already lol

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:31 pm

#27 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
voodoo wrote:
Lagger wrote:

shut up child

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:55 pm
Profile WWW

#28 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Make a CS GO happy hour or something to kickstart that server

Sat Jan 05, 2019 4:58 pm

#29 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
hoho wrote:
voodoo wrote:
Lagger wrote:

you were being a shitty member who doesnt even show up on fun servers when needed. when silence became a member , he took care of that , it was ur job not his or any other member, and now u are trying to say that u were doing the right thing. and to prove ur point u are saying that the admins are being as useless as u were

just fuck off already lol

When you dont know shit about member better keep your mouth shut. Or answer lagger’s question

These kids...Image

Serselli?

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:12 pm
Profile WWW

#30 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
ye and u know a lot about being a member ofc , thats why u are not a member anymore :/
Spoiler: show
voodoo wrote:
Or answer lagger’s question

:facepalm:

Mon Jan 07, 2019 6:33 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next