View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sat Jul 20, 2019 5:00 pm

Reply to topic  [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next

#1 Post Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Do the admins care about this community or does it just exist as something to do

- CS GO is free. Which means All CS 1.6 players who have computers that can handle CS:go will move on to that
- Servers been not handled well for a long time with no massive updates with fun stuff to do. The innovation part is gone.
- The cycle of no players leads to no more interest in further expanding the community as a whole. People are always going to leave and new are always going to come but the past years have been more players leaving than playing. This is just a nostalgic place for older players to visit and check out sometimes now and then.

This is spam, but also truth

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:18 am

#2 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
CS:GO going free could help gaming communities tbh specially ones like nD make a transition from 1.6 to GO and attract more players

Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 am

#3 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Lagger wrote:
CS:GO going free could help gaming communities tbh specially ones like nD make a transition from 1.6 to GO and attract more players

CS:GO was the threat for our community, as it meant loss of part of the community that was bored of CS 1.6 and focused on CS:GO.
Regulars are debating whether it died or not.
Maybe it didn't, but it's put on life support for quite a long time already.
It's not just the NeonDragon, whole cs 1.6 is dying, and cs:go becoming free was just a nail in the coffin.
Making it free, makes a huge chance for NeonDragon community for final RESURRECTION.

CS:GO features would mean:
- new challenges
- new features
- new base of players
- comeback of old regulars, who are playing cs:go atm
- no more non-steamers! community based on static IP (not that many banevaders)

It would mean lots of work to evolve. The question is, is it possible to use same features from cs 1.6 in cs:go, or everything needs to be started from the scratch?
I know there was cs:go server once, but have no idea how well it was developed.

I would want that thread to be treated seriously and later moved from the spam discussion.
To players: show your opinions. I'd expect from admin team to take part in that discussion aswell, we can't ignore that chance. (I'd even say NeonDragon himself, but I guess we know that's not gonna happen)

Wed Dec 12, 2018 1:45 pm

#4 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
1.6 has remained at a steady level of 'dying' for like 10 yrs doubt it's going anywhere anytime soon. Even with CS:GO free most people who play 1.6 probably can't run it decently. Trying to all-in on csgo servers could be a shout but personally I was never able to get into that game because the movements feel so clunky to me, 1.6 movements are so smooth and fluid, csgo just feels restricted idk how to put it in words

+ rn I only see Lawliet as being capable enough to give new players in a new game the proper guidelines/ruleset to play with, I feel like any other member would just make a mess of the rules and give us a travesty of the 'original' jailbreak (I'm talking about jb cuz it's the only server I care about, I know nD had decent success at some point with the zombie escape server)

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Wed Dec 12, 2018 2:00 pm

#5 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
I agree with you, but at the same time I don't. I'm never gonna stop playing cs 1.6 just because I started playing csgo. It's so hard to find your optimal sensitivity in csgo, therefore you will keep switching from this sensitivity to the other sensitivity and try to find the one which you feel the most comfortable with. But I personally so far just hate that(cuz I'm lazy) and I already got bored of csgo.

As for the admins, There really isn't much to do. Look at it from their perspective.

"I'm an admin in an old small community that was once popular and now became absolutely inactive. The reason why that happened is because people got bored of playing the same old and boring game, so they went to a new game in the franchise. Now we tried going into this new game but we just didn't succeed as much as we did on the old game, so we just left the new game alone. But later, we started losing a lot of players and we just couldn't do anything about it. And now that the new game is free, we can try to get players but the majority of players we will get are just hackers and idiots that will keep on making new accounts and joining back. and the way valve tried to help server owners was by making a command which only lets prime people join. And as an inactive community that don't have a lot of csgo players to begin with I won't benefit from that. So basically from the overall view, I boost the servers, I get a CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP ton of hackers, and if I just make my game prime only then I'll be back to square one."

There really isn't much that admins can do my dude. accept that fact.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 1:33 pm

#6 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Razor8182 wrote:
I agree with you, but at the same time I don't. I'm never gonna stop playing cs 1.6 just because I started playing csgo. It's so hard to find your optimal sensitivity in csgo, therefore you will keep switching from this sensitivity to the other sensitivity and try to find the one which you feel the most comfortable with. But I personally so far just hate that(cuz I'm lazy) and I already got bored of csgo.

As for the admins, There really isn't much to do. Look at it from their perspective.

"I'm an admin in an old small community that was once popular and now became absolutely inactive. The reason why that happened is because people got bored of playing the same old and boring game, so they went to a new game in the franchise. Now we tried going into this new game but we just didn't succeed as much as we did on the old game, so we just left the new game alone. But later, we started losing a lot of players and we just couldn't do anything about it. And now that the new game is free, we can try to get players but the majority of players we will get are just hackers and idiots that will keep on making new accounts and joining back. and the way valve tried to help server owners was by making a command which only lets prime people join. And as an inactive community that don't have a lot of csgo players to begin with I won't benefit from that. So basically from the overall view, I boost the servers, I get a CRAAAAAAAAAAAAP ton of hackers, and if I just make my game prime only then I'll be back to square one."

"look at it from the admins perspective" Fam if an admin had that perspective (s)he would have a mental disorder. There is a lot that an admin can do to make the servers more attractive and re-attract old timers etc. 1.6 is far from dead, there are dozens of servers that are filled to the rim.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:24 pm

#7 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
people will still play cs1.6, albeit whether those people can sustain a gamemod like jailbreak is a different topic of discussion. There are much better, more interesting games to play. Especially now that hardware is becoming cheaper and cheaper and most everyone can afford to run games with higher requirements than cs1.6, this shift is only natural.

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Thu Dec 13, 2018 5:27 pm

#8 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Sloth wrote:
Razor8182 wrote:

"look at it from the admins perspective" Fam if an admin had that perspective (s)he would have a mental disorder. There is a lot that an admin can do to make the servers more attractive and re-attract old timers etc. 1.6 is far from dead, there are dozens of servers that are filled to the rim.

Type some ideas. Maybe one of the admins might read this topic and use them.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 6:06 pm
neonDragon Admin

#9 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
When people point fingers they usually end up on Admins. Admins are the ones that actually care for the community. They voluntary keep up with all the bs coming in left and right. Yet, they are simply just an old regular who wants to put down a bit more effort into the community than the average player. nD's cancer is the zero appreciating given to the people who actually put down several hours a day to give players the best experience we can offer. There comes a point where you simply cba to deal with the trolls, ungratefulness, and the toxicity that haunts nD. Getting a shitstorm your way every time you take action, good or bad, does not inspire motivation. Would you "work" under such conditions? I guess not. That is also why you see staff leaving rather frequently. A ton of work with very limited reward. As for member/admins positions. Demand is high, supply is low. Exit barriers are significantly lower than entry barriers - recruitment is low. Players tend to greed more and more. They expect new features here and there, but they do not take into consideration that someone has to actually develop and implement it. If you have a craving for a good idea, then nobody is stopping you from executing it - simply put in the work required to make it happen.

The root of nD's problem is its culture. If people showed greater respect, appreciation, excitement, and encouragement - instead of pushing one another down with every opportunity that arises - then I am sure we would be able to turn nD around, together. However, one thing is certain, the admins and members cannot run the community on their own. Games are about shared experiences, rendered extraordinarily powerful by interaction and ownership. It all boils down to how we can optimise the gaming and community experience.

A community is driven by the people in it, not solely by admins- that is what makes it a community. How good a community is doing is highly correlated with what kind of members that are in it, how each individual is contributing and how we all collaborate together to support growth and enjoyment. Do not think that you cannot help develop the community as "just a regular". Some of the best works that have happened in nD came from regulars, not staff. Plant seeds and watch them grow. If you look at what we accomplished in the long-run, you will see that we have actually had a quite astounding growth. New features are still getting added continuously. The speed of which features are added varies, but at least we are not taking backward steps in that direction. We will have failures and victories. There is no magical solution for how to grow a community in no time, especially not for an old game like cs 1.6. Regardless, a community will always have its ups and downs. How we manage and cope with these fluctuations is how strong the community is.

Thu Dec 13, 2018 9:40 pm
nD* Runner Member

#10 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
If you are talking about CSGO.....
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is the one that has always remained a paid title. That is until now, as Valve is releasing a free version of the shooter that will allow anyone to play offline against bots and watch professional matches.

- Ofc, Nobody likes to play offline with bots and csgo is totally different from 1.6 if you think dat 1.6 players will leave for csgo you r wrong. They wont like dat offline version its wrost then even non steam more like cancer..
Ppl still dont even know about csgo like compititive/skins/trading/community but if they know how its works or how to play they will leave ofc but it will take much time to learn csgo.. dats it

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:42 pm
Profile YIM

#11 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
VOLG^ wrote:
- Counter-Strike: Global Offensive (CS:GO) is the one that has always remained a paid title. That is until now, as Valve is releasing a free version of the shooter that will allow anyone to play offline against bots and watch professional matches.

- Ofc, Nobody likes to play offline with bots and csgo is totally different from 1.6 if you think dat 1.6 players will leave for csgo you r wrong. They wont like dat offline version its wrost then even non steam more like cancer..
Ppl still dont even know about csgo like compititive/skins/trading/community but if they know how its works or how to play they will leave ofc but it will take much time to learn csgo.. dats it

cs go now is completely free, not only offline

Fri Dec 14, 2018 4:52 pm

#12 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
i would say only one thing about the title blaze

Spoiler: show
admins work behind the scene

These kids...Image

Serselli?

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:13 pm
Profile WWW

#13 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
zapt0r wrote:
When people point fingers they usually end up on Admins. Admins are the ones that actually care for the community. They voluntary keep up with all the bs coming in left and right. Yet, they are simply just an old regular who wants to put down a bit more effort into the community than the average player. nD's cancer is the zero appreciating given to the people who actually put down several hours a day to give players the best experience we can offer. There comes a point where you simply cba to deal with the trolls, ungratefulness, and the toxicity that haunts nD. Getting a shitstorm your way every time you take action, good or bad, does not inspire motivation. Would you "work" under such conditions? I guess not. That is also why you see staff leaving rather frequently. A ton of work with very limited reward. As for member/admins positions. Demand is high, supply is low. Exit barriers are significantly lower than entry barriers - recruitment is low. Players tend to greed more and more. They expect new features here and there, but they do not take into consideration that someone has to actually develop and implement it. If you have a craving for a good idea, then nobody is stopping you from executing it - simply put in the work required to make it happen.

The root of nD's problem is its culture. If people showed greater respect, appreciation, excitement, and encouragement - instead of pushing one another down with every opportunity that arises - then I am sure we would be able to turn nD around, together. However, one thing is certain, the admins and members cannot run the community on their own. Games are about shared experiences, rendered extraordinarily powerful by interaction and ownership. It all boils down to how we can optimise the gaming and community experience.

A community is driven by the people in it, not solely by admins- that is what makes it a community. How good a community is doing is highly correlated with what kind of members that are in it, how each individual is contributing and how we all collaborate together to support growth and enjoyment. Do not think that you cannot help develop the community as "just a regular". Some of the best works that have happened in nD came from regulars, not staff. Plant seeds and watch them grow. If you look at what we accomplished in the long-run, you will see that we have actually had a quite astounding growth. New features are still getting added continuously. The speed of which features are added varies, but at least we are not taking backward steps in that direction. We will have failures and victories. There is no magical solution for how to grow a community in no time, especially not for an old game like cs 1.6. Regardless, a community will always have its ups and downs. How we manage and cope with these fluctuations is how strong the community is.

The reason I personally left was because the community turned to complete aids with all the nonsteamers joining in and basically turning the server into an arabic hangout. No english, and tons of mic spams and complete fuckery made most of the old regulars sick and tired of trying to play in the first place.

Fri Dec 14, 2018 5:19 pm

#14 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
Sloth wrote:
zapt0r wrote:

The reason I personally left was because the community turned to complete aids with all the nonsteamers joining in and basically turning the server into an arabic hangout. No english, and tons of mic spams and complete fuckery made most of the old regulars sick and tired of trying to play in the first place.

I left because i got banned for 4 months for calling someone a retard :) while the guy i called retard told someone else to KYS and only got a warning. Yeah admins truly care about the community

Sat Dec 15, 2018 2:12 pm

#15 Post Re: Do the admins care abt this community or does it just exist as something to do
VOLG^ wrote:

CS GO is almost entirely free, it's just that you get matched with pure cancer people and you also don't have access to some other minor features such as map making.

Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:08 pm
Reply to topic   [ 51 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next