View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon Oct 14, 2019 2:33 pm

Reply to topic  [ 15 posts ] 

#1 Post New command to stop blocking
If you guys Dont now its very annoying getting blocked mid game which makes me rage hard and quit i had this idea that can stop blocking during games which Ofc only the regulars can active it on and of and that is "/block" this command stops blocking basically ts can run though ts just like Deathrun which u cant block anyone. Hopefully this idea helps!! 8-) :dance: :roll:

Sun Sep 09, 2018 8:10 pm

#2 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
What if someone is inside another player while you try to kill specifically one?

If this command will be implemented I recommend it to only be used by staff members.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:13 pm

#3 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:
What if someone is inside another player while you try to kill specifically one?

If this command will be implemented I recommend it to only be used by staff members.

I started to think what you put mama but i thought it was a bad idea, however what Henry said makes sense.
If cts command dr the members/admins will type /block while they play the game.

Sun Sep 09, 2018 9:17 pm

#4 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
agree with mama

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:54 am

#5 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
MaMa ;) wrote:
If you guys Dont now its very annoying getting blocked mid game which makes me rage hard and quit i had this idea that can stop blocking during games which Ofc only the regulars can active it on and of and that is "/block" this command stops blocking basically ts can run though ts just like Deathrun which u cant block anyone. Hopefully this idea helps!! 8-) :dance: :roll:

That's just being too greedy. Looking for a fast relief to every problem you run into, that's just very greedy. Blocking is a typical and natural T move (I'm guilty :romance-heartbeating:), and if there's anyone who should take care of it, it's the CT. It only makes sense that one T would try to screw other over just to survive longer and win. Sometimes CT's even allow T's to block during deathruns. If you're struggling with the blockings, don't always try to make it past the blocker with some intense stunt and be patient.

So a huge no from me there.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 7:48 am

#6 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
Suggested this a while back, semiclip that can be toggled on/off for races would be a great addition to jb. The only problem (aside from server possibly crashing) would be good players would finish races at the same time/inside each other so it'd be hard to count survivors. Imo the CT team wouldn't have too much of a problem sorting that out, if you really don't trust them maybe you could make the command available to only members and certain trusted regulars (ultor, henry, DURRTY GOODZ....).

I know some admins are against this because they feel like blocking is somehow a key mechanic of jb but myself and a lot of the more skilled players who know how to avoid the block and play around it would still be in favour of this plugin. Would be interesting to see this brought up in the next meeting

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Mon Sep 10, 2018 12:03 pm

#7 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
KaitoKid wrote:
Suggested this a while back, semiclip that can be toggled on/off for races would be a great addition to jb. The only problem (aside from server possibly crashing) would be good players would finish races at the same time/inside each other so it'd be hard to count survivors. Imo the CT team wouldn't have too much of a problem sorting that out, if you really don't trust them maybe you could make the command available to only members and certain trusted regulars (ultor, henry, DURRTY GOODZ....).

I know some admins are against this because they feel like blocking is somehow a key mechanic of jb but myself and a lot of the more skilled players who know how to avoid the block and play around it would still be in favour of this plugin. Would be interesting to see this brought up in the next meeting

I agree, except for the bit where you'd be trusted :kappa:

Mon Sep 10, 2018 1:05 pm

#8 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
KaitoKid wrote:

Or just make it for the nD* teams? x) since you regulars (not always) abuse the functions...<.< But I hope its possible to make this.

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:34 pm

#9 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
SNap wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:

Or just make it for the nD* teams? x) since you regulars (not always) abuse the functions...<.< But I hope its possible to make this.

It could be just for members ye but tbh whenever I command and ask members/admins to set something up they're way too slow to reply it just lengthens the round for no reason + imo it's a waste to have regulars like henry and ultor (and DURRTY GOODZ......) on the same level as players like 'Aapje' and 'killer prestige', personal taste I guess

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:52 pm

#10 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
agree with jessi

Mon Sep 10, 2018 2:59 pm
nD*** Jail Member

#11 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
KaitoKid wrote:
SNap wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:

It could be just for members ye but tbh whenever I command and ask members/admins to set something up they're way too slow to reply it just lengthens the round for no reason + imo it's a waste to have regulars like henry and ultor (and DURRTY GOODZ......) on the same level as players like 'Aapje' and 'killer prestige', personal taste I guess

Atleast you have members like me who react fast enough :lol:
I'm your back up, no worries great commander.

Spoiler: show

Mon Sep 10, 2018 4:02 pm

#12 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
KaitoKid wrote:
SNap wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:

Fuck you ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:58 pm

#13 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
Aapje wrote:
Fuck you ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^

:clap:

Tue Sep 11, 2018 6:12 am
Profile WWW

#14 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
Good suggestion that I'd like to see implemented, there's plenty of games where the starting position has too much of an impact where this can remove the problem, also to prevent accidental/delibirate blocking in deathruns/races..

Hunie wrote:
Blocking is a typical and natural T move (I'm guilty :romance-heartbeating:), and if there's anyone who should take care of it, it's the CT. It only makes sense that one T would try to screw other over just to survive longer and win. Sometimes CT's even allow T's to block during deathruns.

It shouldn't be, no blocking is a part of the general server rules and as in the same category as no cheating & harassing (not meant to be bent/ make exceptions of), unless a game's only objective is to block a teammate (that game..), blocking shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances, especially in deathruns where potentially 1 blocker can fuck it up for everyone else if allowed and that doesn't make much sense.

Or, maybe it should be, practically every race on every map there's blocking as there's always a specific path that everyone takes, in this sense it is indeed natural, it might also balance the game a bit, if blocking is impossible then the most skilled players will win every game (me).
Hard dilemma indeed maybe it should only be used by members..

Tue Sep 11, 2018 10:41 am
neonDragon Admin

#15 Post Re: New command to stop blocking
Decency wrote:
Good suggestion that I'd like to see implemented, there's plenty of games where the starting position has too much of an impact where this can remove the problem, also to prevent accidental/delibirate blocking in deathruns/races..

Hunie wrote:
Blocking is a typical and natural T move (I'm guilty :romance-heartbeating:), and if there's anyone who should take care of it, it's the CT. It only makes sense that one T would try to screw other over just to survive longer and win. Sometimes CT's even allow T's to block during deathruns.

It shouldn't be, no blocking is a part of the general server rules and as in the same category as no cheating & harassing (not meant to be bent/ make exceptions of), unless a game's only objective is to block a teammate (that game..), blocking shouldn't be allowed under any circumstances, especially in deathruns where potentially 1 blocker can fuck it up for everyone else if allowed and that doesn't make much sense.

Or, maybe it should be, practically every race on every map there's blocking as there's always a specific path that everyone takes, in this sense it is indeed natural, it might also balance the game a bit, if blocking is impossible then the most skilled players will win every game (me).
Hard dilemma indeed maybe it should only be used by members..

Pretty much this ^

- I'm sure if a semi-clip command gets added it would be used way too often - in the end, semi-clip would be used for all games as the new norm. It has good uses for certain games indeed. However, imo the charm of jailbreak is being able to cope and compete with the others Ts to get good starting positions - and sometimes choose a different path than everyone else in order to win e.g obstacle race. Blocking is somewhat part of the mod.

For example, if you know you are going to play a maze race, hurry up and try to get to the starting position before everyone else - if you always stay alert and close to the commander you are likely going to get better positions.

I am not totally against semi-clip, it just has to be implemented and restricted in an appropriate manner.

Tue Sep 11, 2018 11:46 am
Reply to topic   [ 15 posts ]