View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:49 am

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 

#1 Post Zombie servers
I understand that most decisions focus on the JB server since the community is mainly made out of jb players but that doesn't mean you need to neglect the other servers, including the zm servers. The Respawn server was perfectly populated until there was nobody to take care of it and it started having problems "that are yet to be fixed" but never will be. The zombie Plague server returned but was never finished. Now, the rest of the nDs servers are pretty much dying aswell. I don't think the problem comes from the playerbase, it comes from the inside: the lack of attention for these servers and the unwillingness to change. Once the fun atmosphere on JB starts disappearing again, what servers will you have left?

Thu Aug 30, 2018 8:50 am
neonDragon Admin

#2 Post Re: Zombie servers
Queen's Revenge wrote:
I understand that most decisions focus on the JB server since the community is mainly made out of jb players but that doesn't mean you need to neglect the other servers, including the zm servers. The Respawn server was perfectly populated until there was nobody to take care of it and it started having problems "that are yet to be fixed" but never will be. The zombie Plague server returned but was never finished. Now, the rest of the nDs servers are pretty much dying aswell. I don't think the problem comes from the playerbase, it comes from the inside: the lack of attention for these servers and the unwillingness to change. Once the fun atmosphere on JB starts disappearing again, what servers will you have left?

We will release updates as soon as we have it sorted. I can tell you that we are in fact working on solving the issue, but we don't want to give you any false expectations by making any promises or saying "we will do this and that". Once we are sure things will work we will make an announcement.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:10 am

#3 Post Re: Zombie servers
Honestly, that sounds like a premade admin sentence rather than an honest reply. Can't even count the amount of times you guys have said you are working on something and in the end nothing ever changes.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:15 am
neonDragon Admin

#4 Post Re: Zombie servers
Queen's Revenge wrote:
Honestly, that sounds like a premade admin sentence rather than an honest reply. Can't even count the amount of times you guys have said you are working on something and in the end nothing ever changes.

Yes, that obviously depends on what needs to be done. In this case, nobody knows what's causing the server to crash, so until the problem is known we do not know what to fix. I spoke to neonDragon himself yesterday and he's gonna try to locate the problem. So please don't draw any parallels and conclusions when you actually have no idea of what's being done.

If the problem was easy to fix we would obviously have done it already. People have limited time to spend on coding, especially when the issue is unknown. Issues like this take a lot of time. You can do the math.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:21 am

#5 Post Re: Zombie servers
Okay goodluck on finding the problem and see you next year in this topic again.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 9:26 am

#6 Post Re: Zombie servers
zapt0r wrote:
Yes, that obviously depends on what needs to be done. In this case, nobody knows what's causing the server to crash, so until the problem is known we do not know what to fix. I spoke to neonDragon himself yesterday and he's gonna try to locate the problem. So please don't draw any parallels and conclusions when you actually have no idea of what's being done.

If the problem was easy to fix we would obviously have done it already. People have limited time to spend on coding, especially when the issue is unknown. Issues like this take a lot of time. You can do the math.

What I would do if you haven't already is add -debug and -condebug to the command line. Debug generates a debug.log file that can pinpoint the cause of the crash. Condebug stores console output in qconsole.log. It helps to know what exactly occurred prior to the crash.

The second step, depending on how the zombie mod works, is disable one plugin at a time until you find the plugin causing the crash.

If the above gets you nowhere, run a HLTV server and review the demo after a crash, find what the players were doing or what was going on as the server crashed.

Sat Sep 08, 2018 8:04 am

#7 Post Re: Zombie servers
^my dude

11001110 10011100 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10111011 11001110 10101101 11001110 10111101 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10010100 11001110 10110111 11001110 10111100 11001110 10101110 11001111 10000100 11001111 10000001 11001110 10110111

Mon Sep 10, 2018 8:35 am
neonDragon Admin

#8 Post Re: Zombie servers
Dune wrote:
zapt0r wrote:

What I would do if you haven't already is add -debug and -condebug to the command line. Debug generates a debug.log file that can pinpoint the cause of the crash. Condebug stores console output in qconsole.log. It helps to know what exactly occurred prior to the crash.

The second step, depending on how the zombie mod works, is disable one plugin at a time until you find the plugin causing the crash.

If the above gets you nowhere, run a HLTV server and review the demo after a crash, find what the players were doing or what was going on as the server crashed.

Both log files displays nothing usefull to figure out what caused the crash, since the hlds process crashes before it is able to log anything. Dump files is the best we got, however its a memory dump that does not display any useful information. Requires extensive debugging to figure out what exactly went wrong, and i suspect its one of the 200 gamedata files or one of the nessecary modules required for the server to function. 8 hours already spent trying to find the issue, so only attempt left is to try to reinstall a clean server, which will take another 8-12 hours to setup.

Mon Sep 10, 2018 5:34 pm

#9 Post Re: Zombie servers
The sever is up :) clean without plugins tho

11001110 10011100 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10111011 11001110 10101101 11001110 10111101 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10010100 11001110 10110111 11001110 10111100 11001110 10101110 11001111 10000100 11001111 10000001 11001110 10110111

Thu Sep 13, 2018 5:55 pm
nD*** Jail Member

#10 Post Re: Zombie servers
Jmmys` wrote:
The sever is up :) clean without plugins tho

I guess it is just running but still the prob is not fixed. It could for sure happen that it frezzes again, so not that anyone is disappointed later if it happens.

Spoiler: show

Thu Sep 13, 2018 7:32 pm

#11 Post Re: Zombie servers
It seems like no progress has been made. I know the majority dislike Queen's Revenge and considering she requested the server it likely won't get that much attention. I must say I tried talking to her about her attitude. Believe me, I tried so many times. Unfortunately all she did was throw insults at me. I'm sure her mom talked to her about her "butch" behavior too. If she's not going to listen to her mom, she sure isn't going to listen to me. I do however feel a zombie server would be good for NeonDragon. It's a popular mod. I give my support to Queen's request.

Pukata wrote:
Both log files displays nothing usefull to figure out what caused the crash, since the hlds process crashes before it is able to log anything. Dump files is the best we got, however its a memory dump that does not display any useful information. Requires extensive debugging to figure out what exactly went wrong, and i suspect its one of the 200 gamedata files or one of the nessecary modules required for the server to function. 8 hours already spent trying to find the issue, so only attempt left is to try to reinstall a clean server, which will take another 8-12 hours to setup.

I would have liked to reply earlier but Patrick forum banned me for a month after my old signature triggered him. I never thought paying respect to those that laid out the foundation of NeonDragon as we know it now would trigger negative feelings, but it looks like I was wrong.

About those log files, can you send them to me? There are so many zombie mods, which one are you using?

Wed Oct 10, 2018 10:56 am

#12 Post Re: Zombie servers
Dune wrote:
It seems like no progress has been made. I know the majority dislike Queen's Revenge and considering she requested the server it likely won't get that much attention. I must say I tried talking to her about her attitude. Believe me, I tried so many times. Unfortunately all she did was throw insults at me. I'm sure her mom talked to her about her "butch" behavior too. If she's not going to listen to her mom, she sure isn't going to listen to me. I do however feel a zombie server would be good for NeonDragon. It's a popular mod. I give my support to Queen's request.

Pukata wrote:

I would have liked to reply earlier but Patrick forum banned me for a month after my old signature triggered him. I never thought paying respect to those that laid out the foundation of NeonDragon as we know it now would trigger negative feelings, but it looks like I was wrong.

About those log files, can you send them to me? There are so many zombie mods, which one are you using?

A sad cunt is all you are.
I have never had problems with Queen, her attitude hasn't lead to rather 'big results', can't specificially say the same thing about you.
Bringing someone down like this will deffo. not clean your name, we don't simply forget retards like you in a momentary ban.
The ban is all thanks to yourself and your idiotic behavior.
You wanna be the douche of the server, you'll receive the consequences a douche would receive, nothing different.
I'm quite sure nobody would care about a new ban seeing you mainly just spread negativity.
Some regulars had your back at the start, mentioning the negative aspects might somewhat be usefull in some cases, but all you see through your eyes is negativity, which changes that.
I'm in high doubt you have any support remaining in this community, therefore I recommend you, change to a nicer or rather regular player before finding yourself banned again.

FYI I'm not going to reply to any PM you'll ever send me.

Also don't think I'm here to support Queen or whatever, she's a fine humanbeing but I see mainly BS posts by you after you've came back, wishing admins will take control of it quickly again, not up to me though.

Thu Oct 11, 2018 5:40 am
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]