View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 6 pending strikelist reports It is currently Thu May 23, 2019 4:08 am

Reply to topic  [ 11 posts ] 

#1 Post Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Suggestion

Every day at a specific time like 4pm (so almost everybody has the chance to participate) there is a Deagle Deathmatch or Last Man Standing Event in JB. So like on some fundays everyone gets a deagle and its everyone against everyone. Last man standing wins the Event and receives a Gold Painted Weaponskin (eg Deagle) for that day. So if you buy a Deagle in the JB Shop or do Last Requests with Deagle it has a golden skin for the next 24 hours to show off.

Or, I dont know how far you have been gotten with the Battle Royal Game, maybe having a Golden Skin (weapon or a crown) as winner would make the icing on the cake.

Thoughts?

http://www.twitch.TV/kamination

Image Image

Wed Aug 29, 2018 3:25 pm

#2 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Why temporary?
I wouldnt be excited to participate if I knew it was only going to last 24 hours.

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:20 am

#3 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
so you come back the next day and try to get it again.
the event is not such great of value that the award should be permanent. maybe the duration can be tweaked, like: the event is at a random day only once a week and a random time between 4-8pm and the winner will keep the award for a week or longer.

Image Image

Thu Aug 30, 2018 1:21 pm
Coder

#4 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Include statics that show a toplist of winnings and everything,
could be an interesting project!

Grtz,
Xalus

Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak

Thu Aug 30, 2018 4:24 pm

#5 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
is it possible to creat something like that with a reward like a temporare skin or is the idea lost there already? if so it could also just be nDs cash that the winner earns or made into an achievement

Image Image

Thu Aug 30, 2018 6:58 pm

#6 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
kami (GER] wrote:
the event is not such great of value that the award should be permanent. maybe the duration can be tweaked, like: the event is at a random day only once a week and a random time between 4-8pm and the winner will keep the award for a week or longer.

The thing Im trying to say is why would I care for a temporary item?
I wouldn't mind playing the funday but it's reward doesn't sound rewarding if it'll be gone in a day/week.
Maybe bronze knife for 3x winning the day, and upgrade so on or something so it's worth its while?

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:45 am

#7 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:
kami (GER] wrote:

The thing Im trying to say is why would I care for a temporary item?
I wouldn't mind playing the funday but it's reward doesn't sound rewarding if it'll be gone in a day/week.

in my point of view if the reward was a permanent skin it would become dull like owning the katana and the players wouldnt care about participating in the event as often. the idea was to get another attraction for everybody to get them hooked to the server.

Quote:
Maybe bronze knife for 3x winning the day, and upgrade so on or something so it's worth its while?

3x winning a day ? i dont think that the event should be too often, so at highest once a day to a time where everyone could have time to participate and still have fun showing off the skin for a couple of hours.

Image Image

Fri Aug 31, 2018 11:15 am

#8 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Quote:

3x winning a day ? i dont think that the event should be too often, so at highest once a day to a time where everyone could have time to participate and still have fun showing off the skin for a couple of hours.

Not a day, 3x at any time, but this number is just an example.

Last edited by Thierry Henry#CR7 on Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:45 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:17 pm

#9 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
You could set it so that once the server gets roughly 25 players it displays a message alerting players about next round. I was thinking of having like a custom made map that is specifically for the event (or can simply find one online) and have it work like battle royale but rather than have everyone spawn in the sky just set each individual player to different spawnpoints. Furthermore, the reward I think is most fitting should definitely be cash as its a daily event, 5k-10k seems pretty fair to me. Or perhaps if more appearance based rewards are wanted, then once a week an admin can start it and have the reward be a gold T skin with a different knife + bonus money. However, I personally think these should only be started if a member is online to prevent general abuse.

EDIT : Just wanted to clarify that this might not be the easiest to code and will definitely take some time, but i'm pretty sure quite a few players are interested in helping out with the coding once the admins reveal how to actually become one.

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:35 pm

#10 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Freddy wrote:
You could set it so that once the server gets roughly 25 players it displays a message alerting players about next round. I was thinking of having like a custom made map that is specifically for the event (or can simply find one online) and have it work like battle royale but rather than have everyone spawn in the sky just set each individual player to different spawnpoints. Furthermore, the reward I think is most fitting should definitely be cash as its a daily event, 5k-10k seems pretty fair to me. Or perhaps if more appearance based rewards are wanted, then once a week an admin can start it and have the reward be a gold T skin with a different knife + bonus money. However, I personally think these should only be started if a member is online to prevent general abuse.

EDIT : Just wanted to clarify that this might not be the easiest to code and will definitely take some time, but i'm pretty sure quite a few players are interested in helping out with the coding once the admins reveal how to actually become one.

your idea is quiet the same what bustles about in my head. add the statistics-list from xalus comment. and voila its kinda working.

maybe we should wait until xalus completes the battle royal and add it in like this instead of a funday option.

Image Image

Fri Aug 31, 2018 2:54 pm
Coder

#11 Post Re: Daily Automated JB Event Suggestion
Hmm, a battle royal event.
Not bad idea, I actually think it's a great idea.

I didn't touch the code for last 3 months or something,
I might wakeup this weekend and see where I ended.

There are already currently a few 'Battle Royal-mods' online,
so that could probably help me out with a few things, I was stuck at.

Anyway,
I will look into it this weekend and see how far I ended and maybe finish a bit.
And I will check what my 'Bosses' say.

Grtz,
nD* Coder | Xalus

Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak

Fri Aug 31, 2018 5:55 pm
Reply to topic   [ 11 posts ]