idea that stops spam bots

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
[email protected] *

idea that stops spam bots

Post by [email protected] * »

so when a new user makes some topics/posts, someone of the admins will have to look into his posts and to approve them first to be finally posted and visible to people if the purpose wasn't spamming/advertising, and to refuse them if the purpose was spamming... and after 2-3 approved posts the user will be able to post freely without an admin approval but they(admins) must be active to approve/refuse these posts especially if it was urgent situation, feel free to share your thoughts.
EDIT: there is already a system like this in nD, a group called "moderated" where posts have to be approved from admins to be shown to people.
Last edited by [email protected] * on Fri Aug 10, 2018 4:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Re: idea that stops spam bots

Post by Silence »

How about adding a verification while logging?
amiiz
nD** Fun Member

Post by amiiz »

Silence wrote:How about adding a verification while logging?
this will fix everything.
Do what makes you happy,
FUCK EVERYONE's else opinion.
You need to do YOU,Enjoy the fucking moment Brah ~JeffSeid
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Do you understand which parts of the world we get players from? It's a miracle that they know how to register at all, requiring e-mail verification would prevent all these idiots from applying for CT.
[email protected] *

Post by [email protected] * »

Cruxell wrote:
Do you understand which parts of the world we get players from? It's a miracle that they know how to register at all, requiring e-mail verification would prevent all these idiots from applying for CT.
what about answering some questions like math equations: 2+2, anyone can answer these easy questions except bots.
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Post by Silence »

I'm talking about robot verification.
I mean, if ppl posting such offers on our forum are really bots, it should help.
Hunie

Post by Hunie »

[email protected] * wrote:
Cruxell wrote:
what about answering some questions like math equations: 2+2, anyone can answer these easy questions except bots.
I've actually seen bots bypass that.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

Silence wrote:I'm talking about robot verification.
I mean, if ppl posting such offers on our forum are really bots, it should help.
Verification will affect all forum accounts, whether they're bots or humans. We are likely to witness a sharp plummet in the rate of successfully registered players.
Silence
nD* Jail Member

Post by Silence »

U want to Tell me that clicking a button below CLICK TO CONFIRM YOU ARE NOT A ROBOT sentence is 2hard? Then they better not join us.
Patrick
Friend of the Community

Post by Patrick »

Silence wrote:U want to Tell me that clicking a button below CLICK TO CONFIRM YOU ARE NOT A ROBOT sentence is 2hard? Then they better not join us.
There are plenty of bots who outsmarts these reCaptcha systems and we already have this kind of verification on the forums, which is filtering most of the users and preventing a lot of bots for signing up.
Cruxell
VIP

Post by Cruxell »

I agree with [email protected] It would definitely help if newcomers had to have their inceptive posts verified, just like the moderated group.

E-mail verification or captchas, which are already in place (citing Patrick's reply) and evidently don't work, would drastically decrease people's chances of registering successfully.

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”