Zombie servers

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Post Reply
User avatar
Queen's Revenge
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Zombie servers

Post by Queen's Revenge »

I understand that most decisions focus on the JB server since the community is mainly made out of jb players but that doesn't mean you need to neglect the other servers, including the zm servers. The Respawn server was perfectly populated until there was nobody to take care of it and it started having problems "that are yet to be fixed" but never will be. The zombie Plague server returned but was never finished. Now, the rest of the nDs servers are pretty much dying aswell. I don't think the problem comes from the playerbase, it comes from the inside: the lack of attention for these servers and the unwillingness to change. Once the fun atmosphere on JB starts disappearing again, what servers will you have left?
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

Re: Zombie servers

Post by zapt0r »

Queen's Revenge wrote:I understand that most decisions focus on the JB server since the community is mainly made out of jb players but that doesn't mean you need to neglect the other servers, including the zm servers. The Respawn server was perfectly populated until there was nobody to take care of it and it started having problems "that are yet to be fixed" but never will be. The zombie Plague server returned but was never finished. Now, the rest of the nDs servers are pretty much dying aswell. I don't think the problem comes from the playerbase, it comes from the inside: the lack of attention for these servers and the unwillingness to change. Once the fun atmosphere on JB starts disappearing again, what servers will you have left?
We will release updates as soon as we have it sorted. I can tell you that we are in fact working on solving the issue, but we don't want to give you any false expectations by making any promises or saying "we will do this and that". Once we are sure things will work we will make an announcement.
Regards,
zapt0r
User avatar
Queen's Revenge
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Queen's Revenge »

Honestly, that sounds like a premade admin sentence rather than an honest reply. Can't even count the amount of times you guys have said you are working on something and in the end nothing ever changes.
User avatar
zapt0r
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 1496
Joined: Sun Nov 01, 2015 10:06 am

Re: Zombie servers

Post by zapt0r »

Queen's Revenge wrote:Honestly, that sounds like a premade admin sentence rather than an honest reply. Can't even count the amount of times you guys have said you are working on something and in the end nothing ever changes.
Yes, that obviously depends on what needs to be done. In this case, nobody knows what's causing the server to crash, so until the problem is known we do not know what to fix. I spoke to neonDragon himself yesterday and he's gonna try to locate the problem. So please don't draw any parallels and conclusions when you actually have no idea of what's being done.

If the problem was easy to fix we would obviously have done it already. People have limited time to spend on coding, especially when the issue is unknown. Issues like this take a lot of time. You can do the math.
Regards,
zapt0r
User avatar
Queen's Revenge
Posts: 575
Joined: Mon Mar 23, 2015 1:17 pm
Location: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Queen's Revenge »

Okay goodluck on finding the problem and see you next year in this topic again.
Dune
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:43 am

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Dune »

zapt0r wrote:Yes, that obviously depends on what needs to be done. In this case, nobody knows what's causing the server to crash, so until the problem is known we do not know what to fix. I spoke to neonDragon himself yesterday and he's gonna try to locate the problem. So please don't draw any parallels and conclusions when you actually have no idea of what's being done.

If the problem was easy to fix we would obviously have done it already. People have limited time to spend on coding, especially when the issue is unknown. Issues like this take a lot of time. You can do the math.
What I would do if you haven't already is add -debug and -condebug to the command line. Debug generates a debug.log file that can pinpoint the cause of the crash. Condebug stores console output in qconsole.log. It helps to know what exactly occurred prior to the crash.

The second step, depending on how the zombie mod works, is disable one plugin at a time until you find the plugin causing the crash.

If the above gets you nowhere, run a HLTV server and review the demo after a crash, find what the players were doing or what was going on as the server crashed.
Pray for your enemies.
User avatar
Jmmys`
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Andromeda

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Jmmys` »

^my dude
Spoiler!
11001110 10011100 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10111011 11001110 10101101 11001110 10111101 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10010100 11001110 10110111 11001110 10111100 11001110 10101110 11001111 10000100 11001111 10000001 11001110 10110111
Pukata
neonDragon Admin
Posts: 4111
Joined: Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Denmark

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Pukata »

Dune wrote:
zapt0r wrote:Yes, that obviously depends on what needs to be done. In this case, nobody knows what's causing the server to crash, so until the problem is known we do not know what to fix. I spoke to neonDragon himself yesterday and he's gonna try to locate the problem. So please don't draw any parallels and conclusions when you actually have no idea of what's being done.

If the problem was easy to fix we would obviously have done it already. People have limited time to spend on coding, especially when the issue is unknown. Issues like this take a lot of time. You can do the math.
What I would do if you haven't already is add -debug and -condebug to the command line. Debug generates a debug.log file that can pinpoint the cause of the crash. Condebug stores console output in qconsole.log. It helps to know what exactly occurred prior to the crash.

The second step, depending on how the zombie mod works, is disable one plugin at a time until you find the plugin causing the crash.

If the above gets you nowhere, run a HLTV server and review the demo after a crash, find what the players were doing or what was going on as the server crashed.
Both log files displays nothing usefull to figure out what caused the crash, since the hlds process crashes before it is able to log anything. Dump files is the best we got, however its a memory dump that does not display any useful information. Requires extensive debugging to figure out what exactly went wrong, and i suspect its one of the 200 gamedata files or one of the nessecary modules required for the server to function. 8 hours already spent trying to find the issue, so only attempt left is to try to reinstall a clean server, which will take another 8-12 hours to setup.
User avatar
Jmmys`
Posts: 155
Joined: Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:44 pm
Location: Andromeda

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Jmmys` »

The sever is up :) clean without plugins tho
Spoiler!
11001110 10011100 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10111011 11001110 10101101 11001110 10111101 11001110 10110101 00100000 11001110 10010100 11001110 10110111 11001110 10111100 11001110 10101110 11001111 10000100 11001111 10000001 11001110 10110111
User avatar
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member
Posts: 2813
Joined: Thu Nov 26, 2015 1:31 pm
Location: Germany-Berlin

Re: Zombie servers

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Jmmys` wrote:The sever is up :) clean without plugins tho
I guess it is just running but still the prob is not fixed. It could for sure happen that it frezzes again, so not that anyone is disappointed later if it happens.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Image
Image
Image
Image
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Dune
Posts: 34
Joined: Wed Aug 08, 2018 12:43 am

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Dune »

It seems like no progress has been made. I know the majority dislike Queen's Revenge and considering she requested the server it likely won't get that much attention. I must say I tried talking to her about her attitude. Believe me, I tried so many times. Unfortunately all she did was throw insults at me. I'm sure her mom talked to her about her "butch" behavior too. If she's not going to listen to her mom, she sure isn't going to listen to me. I do however feel a zombie server would be good for NeonDragon. It's a popular mod. I give my support to Queen's request.
Pukata wrote:Both log files displays nothing usefull to figure out what caused the crash, since the hlds process crashes before it is able to log anything. Dump files is the best we got, however its a memory dump that does not display any useful information. Requires extensive debugging to figure out what exactly went wrong, and i suspect its one of the 200 gamedata files or one of the nessecary modules required for the server to function. 8 hours already spent trying to find the issue, so only attempt left is to try to reinstall a clean server, which will take another 8-12 hours to setup.
I would have liked to reply earlier but Patrick forum banned me for a month after my old signature triggered him. I never thought paying respect to those that laid out the foundation of NeonDragon as we know it now would trigger negative feelings, but it looks like I was wrong.

About those log files, can you send them to me? There are so many zombie mods, which one are you using?
Pray for your enemies.
User avatar
Thierry Henry
Posts: 2547
Joined: Wed Apr 21, 2010 12:00 am
Location: The Netherlands

Re: Zombie servers

Post by Thierry Henry »

Dune wrote:It seems like no progress has been made. I know the majority dislike Queen's Revenge and considering she requested the server it likely won't get that much attention. I must say I tried talking to her about her attitude. Believe me, I tried so many times. Unfortunately all she did was throw insults at me. I'm sure her mom talked to her about her "butch" behavior too. If she's not going to listen to her mom, she sure isn't going to listen to me. I do however feel a zombie server would be good for NeonDragon. It's a popular mod. I give my support to Queen's request.
Pukata wrote:Both log files displays nothing usefull to figure out what caused the crash, since the hlds process crashes before it is able to log anything. Dump files is the best we got, however its a memory dump that does not display any useful information. Requires extensive debugging to figure out what exactly went wrong, and i suspect its one of the 200 gamedata files or one of the nessecary modules required for the server to function. 8 hours already spent trying to find the issue, so only attempt left is to try to reinstall a clean server, which will take another 8-12 hours to setup.
I would have liked to reply earlier but Patrick forum banned me for a month after my old signature triggered him. I never thought paying respect to those that laid out the foundation of NeonDragon as we know it now would trigger negative feelings, but it looks like I was wrong.

About those log files, can you send them to me? There are so many zombie mods, which one are you using?
A sad cunt is all you are.
I have never had problems with Queen, her attitude hasn't lead to rather 'big results', can't specificially say the same thing about you.
Bringing someone down like this will deffo. not clean your name, we don't simply forget retards like you in a momentary ban.
The ban is all thanks to yourself and your idiotic behavior.
You wanna be the douche of the server, you'll receive the consequences a douche would receive, nothing different.
I'm quite sure nobody would care about a new ban seeing you mainly just spread negativity.
Some regulars had your back at the start, mentioning the negative aspects might somewhat be usefull in some cases, but all you see through your eyes is negativity, which changes that.
I'm in high doubt you have any support remaining in this community, therefore I recommend you, change to a nicer or rather regular player before finding yourself banned again.

FYI I'm not going to reply to any PM you'll ever send me.

Also don't think I'm here to support Queen or whatever, she's a fine humanbeing but I see mainly BS posts by you after you've came back, wishing admins will take control of it quickly again, not up to me though.
"Donkey by L.F. Donkey" -mR#KaitoKid
Post Reply

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”