View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 8 pending strikelist reports It is currently Mon May 27, 2019 2:31 pm

Reply to topic  [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16 Post Re: Admins
Shadi wrote:
If more admins were to come, who do you as a community generally see capable of this? Lawliet been mentioned so far.
Someone who's motivated for a longer period of time... Admins do a lot of work in the background, we could learn a lot of them, but it's hard to learn/teach when they're not online.

Maybe the current admintasks should be given away to members with a double * rank.. like handling reports.
Reports take to long before they're handled.

Other forumwise tasks like chaning names could also been done by members or maybe forum moderator (like we had in the name of Foxy Lady, if im correct).

We as members should pay close attentions to those who apply for member and give our opinions to admins so they can make better decisions.

Admins should ask themselves if they still have enough time/motivation to be an admin....

Tue Jul 10, 2018 9:24 pm

#17 Post Re: Admins
Shadi wrote:
If more admins were to come, who do you as a community generally see capable of this? Lawliet been mentioned so far.

Opinions really.
If you ask me 2 great candidates would be ZeRo#1 and voodoo.

Tue Jul 10, 2018 10:02 pm

#18 Post Re: Admins
I agree with Henry on that last point . Voodoo is doing great job !! (SNap too ) , am talking about 2* members.
We have many members but most of them are not that active only few (voodoo/Amir/slink/snap/nallez/lawliet often).
Not blaming anyone !

edit: amir is doing great job tho

Wed Jul 11, 2018 10:27 am
Friend of the Community

#19 Post Re: Admins
Yes I am asking for opinions, all opinions, as long as they have some rational thought, are welcome.

Without sounding too harsh the reason admins aren't promoted nowadays is because no member stands out extremely much at the moment. Part of the reason the admins think so is they are comparing the members to other admins who were quite outstanding in the past, our member requirements are lower and some admins don't want the same thing to happen to the admin rank. I understand that concern but as long as the admin team is as inactive as they are now, I hope we can make some exceptions. That's why I'm asking if some of you can highlight the pros (and maybe cons) you see in some of the current members in regards to potential adminship.

Thanks for all the names so far, altho I'd like more reasons for each individual also if possible :)

- Benjamin Franklin

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:14 pm

#20 Post Re: Admins
Shadi wrote:
Thanks for all the names so far, altho I'd like more reasons for each individual also if possible :)

my suggestion is Lawliet reason is that he has 2stars since 5-6months he knows the rules very good long time here, and he know the amx stuffs for admin, he has good activity.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 7:34 pm

#21 Post Re: Admins
Lawliet yes, if he keeps up his activity. He's a calm, well known guy. Stable and relax.

If someone deserves it then it's Lawliet. Others (including myself) are not ready (yet).

Thu Jul 12, 2018 8:57 pm

#22 Post Re: Admins
I like the idea of appointing new admins, but simply like stated many times before finding someone suitable can be quite challenging. For example, most of the active members are not ready to become admins simply because of their lack of experience and maturity. However, someone that a lot of people have mentioned above is lawlite; he might not be the most active lad, but i'm quite sure he has the experience and knowledge. Another possible candidate is Zero but, I personally doubt in zero's interest in general mainly because he doesn't play as much and seems to despise the community as of what it is now. I did just want to specify that this shouldn't give permission to admins to slack off because they have decided to do this and can simply resign because imo I just think a lot of them are lazy - Now I understand some are busy, some on vacation etcetera but lets be real here, most of them don't give a toss about cs anymore and we can't really blame them for it hence why they need to step down and offer the position to someone more suitable.

Thu Jul 12, 2018 9:19 pm

#23 Post Re: Admins
Freddy wrote:
I like the idea of appointing new admins, but simply like stated many times before finding someone suitable can be quite challenging. For example, most of the active members are not ready to become admins simply because of their lack of experience and maturity. However, someone that a lot of people have mentioned above is lawlite; he might not be the most active lad, but i'm quite sure he has the experience and knowledge. Another possible candidate is Zero but, I personally doubt in zero's interest in general mainly because he doesn't play as much and seems to despise the community as of what it is now. I did just want to specify that this shouldn't give permission to admins to slack off because they have decided to do this and can simply resign because imo I just think a lot of them are lazy - Now I understand some are busy, some on vacation etcetera but lets be real here, most of them don't give a toss about cs anymore and we can't really blame them for it hence why they need to step down and offer the position to someone more suitable.

Yes some might not care about CS anymore, but they do care about the community. they've worked their bums off to make sure this community lasts and stepping down to let a unexperienced guy who really has no qualities of being an admin (coding etc) while the other admins step down would be a huge mistake, I doubt this community would last long if some of the coders would step down.

All we need is a little push from the current admims, if we could get most of them to host an event or an happy hour and have the fun we used to have when the community was at it's brightest.

But now you're brains fried
You don't even act like you the same guy
Yo mama told you that drugs are bad
But you ain't listen till the fire burned yo ass now you understand

Fri Jul 13, 2018 6:53 am

#24 Post Re: Admins
Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:
Lets be realistic here.
Half our admins are never or barely playing.
Most of our admins are inactive as fuck.
Not blaming you for having social life/other shit to do, but nD needs to recruit some new admins for the sake of the community.

Agreed with you Henry , Reports ignored before 3months , there's no admin meeting any more! applications for 5months , blackjack disabled..

Fri Jul 13, 2018 7:06 am

#25 Post Re: Admins
I need to change my mind.
The issue is I see no member who is that outstanding nowadays, due to the activity in the game.
I can barely see lawliet and zero, although if i saw them regurarly, they would become first candidates to rank up due to their experience and authoritet.

Aight i'll mention Sticky's case.
IMO he's not ready for becoming admin yet, but maybe instead rank up some of the members so they have powers to take care of a few admins' cases like forum moderating, bans in the game, reports etc.
Sticky has already some experience, so he's a good candidate for getting more stars and handling more affairs, if he's eager to and motivated enough.

Fri Jul 13, 2018 8:50 am
Friend of the Community

#26 Post Re: Admins
Nallez wrote:
(coding etc) while the other admins step down would be a huge mistake, I doubt this community would last long if some of the coders would step down.

All we need is a little push from the current admims, if we could get most of them to host an event or an happy hour and have the fun we used to have when the community was at it's brightest.

I personally don't see the need for the coding staff to step down coz of how their function works, but the inactive PR admins serve no purpose rly.

- Benjamin Franklin

Fri Jul 13, 2018 11:14 am

#27 Post Re: Admins
Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Opinions really.

Zero is emotionally driven person, besides he keeps hitting on little girls, he gon get us fucked up pls...

Thu Jul 19, 2018 3:21 pm

#28 Post Re: Admins
Shadi wrote:
Nallez wrote:
(coding etc) while the other admins step down would be a huge mistake, I doubt this community would last long if some of the coders would step down.

I personally don't see the need for the coding staff to step down coz of how their function works, but the inactive PR admins serve no purpose rly.

>implying pr admins serve a purpose when active XD

you're better off giving a few members who can type up some nice paragraphs the title "Community manager" and not give them admin rank so they do not lose motivation and fall into the well known afk style.

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Thu Jul 19, 2018 6:46 pm
nD*** Jail Member

#29 Post Re: Admins
Rawrzx wrote:
Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:
Shadi wrote:

Opinions really.

Zero is emotionally driven person, besides he keeps hitting on little girls, he gon get us fucked up pls...

I'm glad that you are able to judge when I'm emotinally touched and when not. My first step as admin would be to finally permban you from forum and servers my love ;)

As for the supporters and haters. For the supporters thanks a lot for your trust in me and your friendly words. For the haters no need to be worried, wont be admin at any time soon ;)
If I speak for myself I would in no way deserve to get a position like admin right now. For this spot I definitely did way too low in the background. To deserve a position like that you have to do way more than the most guys of you think. I do not have the time and power to be a good addition to the admin team in the near future and I'm sure the team will find a good solution for it which already happend today, like giving Patrick his admin spot back.

I'm sorry Thierry Henry, even if i mostly share all your opinions or can agree on a lot of points you make, I have to disagree that voodoo is a good candidate. Nothing against you voodoo but I feel like you do need to have way more rule knowledge ingame and at forum. I also feel and think you're still way too new to deserve this spot, but just my 2 cents to this topic.

To make it short an admin rush is never a good decision, even if things need to get solved or changed, but promoting one into the admin team and he might do mistakes will harm way more than having some topics or reports not solved at all.

As for Lawliet which would be in my eyes the only one deserving nearby this spot, he also would need to move his lazy ass kinda and do more to finally jumping from a 3 stars dude to an admin. Not offending meant you know it Lawli. We had this topic at steam a while ago ;)

Spoiler: show

Fri Jul 20, 2018 9:50 pm
Friend of the Community

#30 Post Re: Admins
@Mystic
They serve a lot of purpose. I have seen it first hand, I have done it first hand.

@General topic
There's no need for the no offence comments, we all have have cons no matter who we are. Those shouldn't be taken in offence, obv feel free to agree and disagree tho.

Despite Patrick's (re-)promotion feel free to discuss in this topic still.

- Benjamin Franklin

Sun Jul 22, 2018 11:47 am
Reply to topic   [ 31 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next