The Admin team.

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Decency
VIP

Re: The Admin team.

Post by Decency »

Ultor wrote:its not healthy when they start making shit up while the applicants have no way of defending themselves
If this happens it's up to the other members to be critical of one another, internal discussion are indeed not healthy if the case is that people just follow the wave and don't speak up when something is wrong.

Members who can't be impartial when it comes to applicants shouldn't be accepted in the first place but this trait is pretty much never taken into consideration, even admins fall into this category..
[email protected]$$

Post by [email protected]$$ »

Guys let's stick to the topic atm. This thread is regarding admins not replying in forums and not about internal voting of member applications. There was a argument in private if this thing should come up or no but there are some reasons why some things are better kept away from public or the application thread just ends up being a controversy. As long as I remember there were people who opposed this at first but the reasons why the internal voting was put up were legit. Again saying stick to the topic and if anyone has any issues pm the admin team or make a new thread
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Don't moderate just to moderate, who cares if the topic slightly sidetracks, it's still an important discussion. There's no point in making a new thread for every single sub category of complaints. Let people discuss what they need to discuss. Anyway is there even much to discuss regarding the admin being bad at PR? Just stop being so secretive about stuff and let the community know what you know and talk about, it's not hard. Also, stop deleting threads you find a bit disrespectful or offensive, I'm sure they have their reasoning for being that way and it's your job to solve it and not pretend it's not there.
mudfoot

Post by mudfoot »

[email protected]$$ wrote:Guys let's stick to the topic atm. This thread is regarding admins not replying in forums and not about internal voting of member applications. There was a argument in private if this thing should come up or no but there are some reasons why some things are better kept away from public or the application thread just ends up being a controversy. As long as I remember there were people who opposed this at first but the reasons why the internal voting was put up were legit. Again saying stick to the topic and if anyone has any issues pm the admin team or make a new thread
lol hit the road my indian friend
[email protected]$$

I think the member who did started this internal voting thing should reply here and put an end to this.... There were some admins opposing this but some things are best kept private.(Decency you were a member once so u know what I mean)

Also @Ultor Who is that mystery man?
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

MADLIFE!
nD*** Jail Member

Post by MADLIFE! »

[email protected]$$ wrote:I think the member who did started this internal voting thing should reply here and put an end to this

Members voting in private has been here since 2012, But was mainly done within a member meeting, Member meetings are not as consistent compared to back then, Starting this thread was a good idea, And many members do say what they see and think about people applying, other members will even give feedback on what members posted, its been done to help the admin team when it comes to making their decisions, But if you have been a member before or been in the community for a while, You will know that the votes that really count is the admins.
Last edited by MADLIFE! on Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
14:37 - Edo ツ: some people are utter spastics
19:44 - KING SNEL: ban shota forever
23:42 - Playboy: send nudes!
05:35 - LITE : Black
23.02- PoP^- GET THE CARS CT
12:45 - Rhyme : The Sun is a planet
Moe had an average of 6.33 kills and 16 deaths per match. :facepalm:
KING SNEL

Post by KING SNEL »

lol the nd private has never been private, so the member votes in the nd private section isnt that private wonder whos leaking....??
[email protected]$$

KING SNEL wrote:lol the nd private has never been private, so the member votes in the nd private section isnt that private wonder whos leaking....??
Question has been already agreed to ultor... Seems like it would take a miracle for others to know

Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

I was about to post my rant about the exact same topic yesterday, though it was much longer, with recent examples of admin team's stupid decisions, and I thank you for bringing this up right now, Majin.

I will try to make the list of admin team issues short here (fail since it's really that long again) :
- Forum moderation strategy is just bad.

So many recent forum bans have been issued for most neutral reasons possible, sometimes for no proper reason either. Conclusion - admin team does not give a shit about their player base interests and moderate only to THEIR OWN liking, leading to a shitton of stupid forum bans.

You are not going to maintain a positive atmosphere in the forum enviroment if you do things like this, it pisses people off and makes things much worse than a 2 guy public shitstorm would (there it would be just popcorn grabbing anyway.)

You should moderate only when it's neccesary, only when your player base needs it. Don't let your egos get in the way decision making.

- Unthoughtful member approvements.
Not talking about ass-lick here, that issue has been here all the time. The issue is the admin team not knowing what the hell does it want from members anymore. Moderate? Report? Or just call yourself a femalr or something? Back when I joines the community, admins were very careful with who they approved and who they didn't, that's why it took Doeda 7 tries to be approved. Then members were to fill a void that the server desperately needed to be filled. Maybe not the most diverse member list back then, but very straight-forward and EFFECTIVE nevertheless.

Now look at those new approved candidates.

Infinity - 14 year old male. No authority whatsoever, barely any common sense, so incompetent that he can't even take care of his own PC, and that really needs to be taken into account if he gets entrusted to handle a full Jailbreak server.
Mila - 14 year old female. Needs no introduction, being a female instantly guarantees a membership spot, when clearly she lacks things like experience, doesn't see the difference between banter and harrasment, and no useful forums contribution, which admins ignored.

And yet the admin team actually dares to act surprised about the montly revolution within the "news" section.

The rest of the approved candidates I would disagree with being accepted just don't add anything fresh and useful to the server.

And yet we wonder why has Jailbreak gone so stale.

-As a victim of having my posts moderated, I'll say a plenty of my posts were disapproved for stupidest reasons like "trolling", "off-topic" when it clearly wasn't, and then "idiot admins" when it was just a direct message to them within the post that THEY COULD HAVE JUST DELETED AND THEN APPROVED THE POST.

How did I become forum-post-moderated though? After my 1vs1 shitstorm with Henry, where a 1 week forum ban for me could have been just nice. But NOPE, THAT'S where I'm added to the bullshit moderated group. When admins read this bit, don`t excuse this with "overall past behaviour" after having sent many stupid forum bans to me.

Of course noone is perfect, but there's a fine line between not being perfect and being far from even just decent. Maybe admins are nice people in real life, but the internet power they've received and the way they use it makes them look like c*nts. It's probably why fun member approvements should never become admins. All they did to earn adminship was basic moderating and reporting.

Overall opinion - This admin team is confused, has no idea what is it doing in this community and has no idea what the community needs right now. They don't think twice before making decisions, acts on their giant triggerfinger, and has already made a giant mess within the community. The last admin that knew what he was doing was Konijin, but then again he also had his ego get in the way. KO9 seems uninspired, Uhu is a technical sided admin, and regit is inactive. The admin issue pretty much concerns the rest of the current admins (the ex *fun members).

What I have to say about it - This isn't a fuckin classroom, this is the internet. Everyone wants to stand out in the internet the way he does it best, whenever it's jokes, banter or talents. AND YOU WILL NEVER BE ABLE TO MAKE AN INTERNET COMMUNITY LOOK LIKE A WHITE-KNIGHT HALL, this community is still a part of the internet and banter that you appear to have been forum banning for several weeks now WILL ALWAYS RETURN! Your expectations over your player base are inhuman, your community future vision is actually comperable to Hitler's in some ways, and this is why you have player base is every once in a while mentioning how bad and ridiculous ya'll really are. You are the only admin line-up I have ever had issues with since late 2015, and the worst one I've ever seen so far.

This reply was made on the note that this inneficient admin line-up should not be dethroned yet, it's just a rant/complaint.

My apologies if this rant was so bind-blowingly confusing, I'm having troubles focusing today.
Queen's Revenge
Weirdly kind ball of pizza donut

Post by Queen's Revenge »

I believe that the inactivity of the admin team, along with other factors, was also responsible in accepting applicants prematurely. Even if you check chatlogs, reports, etc, you can't really know if that applicant is ready to be accepted if you don't observe his/her behaviour on the server. Besides leading to wrong decisions, the inactivity of the admin team can make members/players lose motivation too. It's always fun when there is an admin in the server doing fundays or just random stuff with his menu, it keeps the server's fun atmosphere which will attract players and make the current regulars stay. The member team needs to feel that the admins listen to their complaints/suggestions and that they are all together working for the same goal but what they get is something totally different. Admin team, I understand that you get "a heavy workload" as an admin and all that but imo your inactivity is also affecting the community.
Majin Vegeta #BB
nD* Jail Member

Post by Majin Vegeta #BB »

Time to break down some posts.
Babe wrote:its not healthy when they start making shit up while the applicants have no way of defending themselves
Members are supposed to be ambassadors for nD and when a member is promoted they should be selfless and fair when voting. I know there is nothing to do against this if they aren't but they wouldn't have got membership if there weren't fair with what they do, but of course this does give the platform for people to scope others and make sure that others don't get membership but the same could be said for admins, since if one admin doesn't like a player, they can explain and say whatever they want about a player in order to sway the vote of other admins. NOT saying this happens but I'm giving an example. The neonDragon team is all about being able to trust the staff with being responsible and making mature decisions. Added more in the next paragraph

Decency wrote:who cares if the topic slightly sidetracks, it's still an important discussion.
+1
Thragord wrote:- Unthoughtful member approvements.

I agree with that, it's the problem of inactive admins like Queen said. Inactive admins means that the votes on applications aren't based on enough evidence and careful observation of the applicant. This is a huge problem but as Ultor said(idk how you know), the reason why member voting is being reintroduced (at least a reason)is to make sure that even if there's inactive admins, the members are able to express their opinions on the applicants, as the member team is mostly active on the servers and have more than enough experience with the applicant to make a sensible vote. Members can of course reply in their application as to what they need to improve on and so, but making an official vote in private is something so vital to getting the right people member. Making the argument that members shouldn't be able to hide their vote doesn't make any sense, since admins can hide their votes as they please. The team needs to be one
+Voting in private means you don't lose friends and make enemies on the server(Be honest about someone without them knowing), sad to say this is the truth as it happens when some people just can't take the truth. Admins have had enough experience with that tbh and it's depressing, don't apply if you're not ready for criticism, because there always is something to improve on.

This is why I think the bar for applicants should be put much higher because members should be delegated to do more tasks and work for the community other than just moderating in game and CT applications. Of course there's strikelist handling and the sort but there's a lot of mistrust to give members powers to do more things, and the only way this can be fixed is by increasing the bar for applicants and making sure only the best of the best with the right dedication are allowed to get membership. With a decline on admin activity it really should be the members who are given more opportunities in order to show what they're capable of as a team, all they need is the go from the admins, because I know enough members willing to take over a lot of the forum tasks and moderating the forums.
Thragord wrote:so incompetent that he can't even take care of his own PC
Now I don't understand what this changes at all? I've broken so many PCs and laptops and being able to handle and take care of PCs has nothing to do with membership what-so-ever. Seems like you just dislike infinite with a post like that since the reasoning doesn't make any sense.
Thragord wrote:After my 1vs1 shitstorm with Henry, where a 1 week forum ban for me could have been just nice. But NOPE, THAT'S where I'm added to the bullshit moderated group.
I can't disagree with the admins for this. Of course none of us are sure as to when someone should be put in the moderated group but there's been countless situations where you've made useless and troll posts, and replying to topics being hateful and disrespectful. Of course you won't agree with it because from a first person view it looks like you're right and you're doing nothing wrong but you really need to look at your pasts post and look at how you present yourself on the forums. It may seem that sometimes your forum bans are stupid and have no reason, but you really need to see what you say sometimes and where you say it.

I can understand and agree with your point however, since the moderated group seems like a lazy excuse instead of moderating the players on the forums, rather than just punishing the players and issuing bans and strikes putting people in a moderating group just seems half arsed.
Thragord wrote:your community future vision is actually comparable to Hitler's in some ways
ok, you lost me there.
These users thanked the author Majin Vegeta #BB for the post:
him
Shotex

Post by Shotex »

I'v been reading this topic and replies for 2 days and decided to give my opinion too.
I have already told to Patrick long ago ( and told to make private thread) that we needed some admins active on server because there were several question about rules and other stuff which were to be abswered. Since kalle and waschera left, and voro is innactive, we have only miller who is familiar to server. I can not say he is not active but we need more active admins, even "experienced" staff members fail in rules (yeah im talking about those ones with **). Some honestly say that they do not know anything about that and some make "their new server rules" With which innocent players get punishment by them.
I think there should be timetable (schedule) for admin team (for instance: on monday: patrick takes responsibility on admin stuff ... .... ... Friday: Miller and etc) .
The best way is to make good decision by themselves and leave admin position (if they can't/don't aford things that players claim) if they got a lack of time and some other reasons.
Last edited by Shotex on Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Tomato
VIP

Post by Tomato »

Shota might be the dumbest thing u said omGGGG and u ask why people dont respect u... smh
Flath

Post by Flath »

I have to give it to you shota, you surpassed yourself on this one. :pray:

Bob Vegana

Post by Bob Vegana »

(Admins, think twice befote disapproving this post for being "off-topic" when it clearly isn't, k?)

To Majin - well you got me started there.
Infinite and his PC bit -
Have you even seen his mentioned issue with it? It's not even a deadly problem at all, as a simple data rollback could fix it, or just an update disable, but nope - immediately wants a new computer. That shows the lack of patience you could expect from him on a full Jailbreak server as well, with frustration taking over. Not to mentioned the other reasons mentioned for him not a good fit for membership at all. And yes, I extremely dislike him as a member, but am neutral about him as a player.

The moderated group bit -
Just looked up my list of posts, and seriously, the shitstorm with Henry was the only thing that deserves a forum ban. Don't even get me started on the "blackman" bit, as from a side-perspective it appears that it's the admins being racist, appearantely issuing bans every time they see something associated with that human race. What, is human diversity such a problem? And there was no making fun of blackmen either. And that's aside the fact that you got me mad there by falsely accusing me of "spamming" IN SPAM SECTION, infact, playing tge forum game too.

I'm not sure what's up with you creating a complaint topic about admins when your "there's been countless situations where you've made useless and TROLL posts, and replying to topics being hateful and disrespectful" makes you sound EXACTLY like them.

And yeah, I've gone absolutely nuts while having my posts moderated, trying to get many racist comments in there only for an admin to see and disapprove it, but that's what happens when admins make such stupid decisions, pissing people off.

Though I have no issues with you personally, Majin, I just despise being moved to moderated group after the first REAL bannable situation I've got myself into (not regretting it, though). Or we've got very different types of issues with admin team right now.

-Comparing with Hitler
Yeah, I went out of bounds there, just thought that admins were favouriting a special group of forum posters and kinds of posts without knowing exactly what's that just like Hitler picking a special group of citizrns to be favoured without knowing exactly what's that.

To Shota -
Ingame issues aren't related to admins, though. The problem the is the uninspired players, especially (and probably only) commanders.

I forgot to add one last comment in my rant post here though.
"This is NOT what I had donated my money for VIP to ND though".

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”