View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Wed Nov 13, 2019 5:50 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

#16 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Flath wrote:
Just a reminder that a good reason for admins to shut this down is to make sure you start harassing each other in this topic, if possible, i'd like you guys to be little angels just to make sure this stays up as long as it should.

Don't keep your hopes up looking for an answer, would be a miracle if he even sees this thread. Good luck though.

Sun Nov 05, 2017 4:52 pm

#17 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Edo ツ wrote:
Flath wrote:
Just a reminder that a good reason for admins to shut this down is to make sure you start harassing each other in this topic, if possible, i'd like you guys to be little angels just to make sure this stays up as long as it should.

Don't keep your hopes up looking for an answer, would be a miracle if he even sees this thread. Good luck though.

He's seen the thread, he just chose to ignore it. Also admins seem too spineless to comment on the situation at all, I had expected atleast SOME form of response. I hate to say it but in these kinds of situations our tumblr friend kalle was good at handling.

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Mon Nov 06, 2017 12:11 am

#18 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Edo ツ wrote:
Flath wrote:

He has already seen the thread, he just doesn't see any reason to answer it apparently.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 7:30 pm
neonDragon Admin

#19 Post Re: Behind the curtain
This thread has been pending for way too long and I do believe that you deserve an answer for your questions. I’m not Neon, but I would like to try to explain the actions and thoughts behind the ban.

First, it seems to have been a rushed decision with the permban. The admin team reacted to the ban as soon as we were informed and it was discussed by all of us. We decided to strike you instead due to the recent behavior you had when the ban was first issued. You had been told several times in private messages to stop bullying and yet you continued. I’m fully aware of the issues between you and Kalle, and even if I don’t agree with most of the decisions that was made back then, I think the ban and strike is justified. I would have preferred to see an official warning first though. After Kalle left, you had a period where you were bullying Samantha.

Neon was reacting to some people wanting to leave the community, which makes perfectly sense. The permban issued was unfair, which is also why it was revoked. Making people want to leave the community is just not acceptable in any way and I believe that is the reason why Neon permbanned you. An immature environment and harassment has caused quite a lot of older regulars to leave the community and we have just reached a point where enough means enough.

We, the admin team, want to make it clear to everyone that harassment, trolling and things that is causing a toxic and immature environment will get punished even harsher in the future than it has been before. Each case will be handled individually and the given punishment might differ from normal banlengths and punishment.

tl;dr: Yes, the permban in game and on the forums was unfair, but that is also the reason why it was revoked and changed to a strike and a temporary ban.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 10:18 pm

#20 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Quote:
We, the admin team, want to make it clear to everyone that harassment, trolling and things that is causing a toxic and immature environment will get punished even harsher in the future than it has been before. Each case will be handled individually and the given punishment might differ from normal banlengths and punishment.

I believe this is what caused the older regulars to leave (the ones I know at least). You're trying too hard to make a shooting game a rainbow paradise. In fact just the other day Joel Miller said 'Cursing is not acceptable in any way' after moderating someone who told their friend 'fuck off xDD'. This type of politically correct utopia does not attract new players and the players it does attract are devoid of any personality or anything that makes them unique. Just little copies of each other who suck up to admins constantly. People are leaving because there is nobody worth staying for and their fun on the server is restricted by you lot cracking down on everything regardless of context.

Spoiler: show
inb4 the classic 'err guys you have no right to play on our servers it's a privilege granted to you by us admins so behave and just do as we say without questioning it' ye sick privilege joining jailbreak to hear mohammed al-zunaid-shawerma shouting down your ear while being as lame as possible to recreate his real life environment

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:37 pm

#21 Post Re: Behind the curtain
KaitoKid wrote:
Quote:

I believe this is what caused the older regulars to leave (the ones I know at least). You're trying too hard to make a shooting game a rainbow paradise. In fact just the other day Joel Miller said 'Cursing is not acceptable in any way' after moderating someone who told their friend 'fuck off xDD'. This type of politically correct utopia does not attract new players and the players it does attract are devoid of any personality or anything that makes them unique. Just little copies of each other who suck up to admins constantly. People are leaving because there is nobody worth staying for and their fun on the server is restricted by you lot cracking down on everything regardless of context.

inb4 the classic 'err guys you have no right to play on our servers it's a privilege granted to you by us admins so behave and just do as we say without questioning it' ye sick privilege joining jailbreak to hear mohammed al-zunaid-shawerma shouting down your ear while being as lame as possible to recreate his real life environment

Was typing the same, but i could not find the words to put in place here , without taking it out on the current PR admins.

14:37 - Edo ツ: some people are utter spastics
19:44 - KING SNEL: ban shota forever
23:42 - Playboy: send nudes!
05:35 - LITE : Black
17:29 - LeoSteel : Ban sunvolt

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:40 pm

#22 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Trying to make up with words for the fact that all this chick had to do was complain to """"Alex""" to get me permbanned without consulting anyone is not really what i call a unified decision. Trying to make it up by striking me afterward because of some internal conflict is really not what i call a decision especially when we are talking about someone who was that close to get admin before he left his spot.

My point here was to make sure Alex replied but that will apparently not happen since the admin team decided to clean his shit once again which is quite a shame really. I could argue about what part of what you said is true and what part is straight up bullshit but i seriously can't care less.

I'll make up one last point though, you are saying that the toxic and immature environment is making people leave but from the echoes i had so far, the people leaving in the first place due to that reason weren't welcome to begin with and most importantly, the amount of work you have to put in this community to climb the ladders and the indifference you get in return coupled with the "point-the-fingers-at" biased justice and most importantly the hypocritical & fake attitude you are promoting so much are the real motivation killers here and are the reasons why a lot of people decide to leave this community.

Wed Nov 08, 2017 11:42 pm
Friend of the Community

#23 Post Re: Behind the curtain
I'm going to distance myself from the whole Flath's punishment subject. It honestly just looks like a whirl of circumlocutory posts all coming to the same conclusion; Flath's permban was way out of line. The only event that would add spice to that discussion would be neon's response.

Now, moving on.

The ideal atmosphere the community should envelop? First and foremost this is an individual introspection(not everyone can handle the same). NO one can come and say this is what will make most regulars stay or get accustomed to our community.

The blatant should be out of the way now.

What we do know on the other hand:

Best way to include as many players as possible is to compromise, it's a win-win situation. The easiest way to do this as I see it, is to not be anal about minor stuff, swearing, obvious banter and whatever's in that pigeonhole. This should be OK within a large amount of people in the more sensitive side of this matter. This excludes provocative border-line behaviour that a lot of people think is a successful way of never being punished.

And obviously the upcoming "graph" (glorified graph lol) is not meant to represent any statistics but more a vision of what sort of playerbase I can imagine this would hopefully lead to;

So what happens with this? Yellow and green would be the players we will have on the server, granted we will decrease in numbers greatly - but we don't want the red ones under any circumstances and as for blue YOU CAN'T PLEASE EVERYONE. We all have to learn to live with that.

Quality > quantity

- Benjamin Franklin

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:19 am
nD*** Jail Member

#24 Post Re: Behind the curtain
I'll take a distance too about Flaths permban it's simply not my buisness nor my job bcs we have admins here which will most likely do what they need to do in this case as they did. Like that revoke of his permban.

As some mentioned we are in a gaming community and for sure it don't need to be a flower-rainbow one. But still which no one should forget behind every single forum account or ingame nickname is a human. Humans with different opinions, views, cultures, preferences, thoughts and so on. This means we all are here to enjoy the servers and the community as we prefer it. And we join a community and have to read up rules and decide we are capable to follow them or not. If we feel it is not what we want then we probably search for the next place where we feel home or welcome. Once we all decided to stay here we kinda agreed to follow the set rules which were made long time ago and were thoughtful. Simple rules like dont insult/harass. Don't be racist. Forum language is english. No scripting or cheating allowed and so on.

A thing which cause many troubles is the part where players start being disrespectful towards others, start insulting/harssing other players often even their family members which has nothin to do with this community. Things like pushing other players/humans down by trolling, mobbing and bullying them to probably feel better afterwards if many of those trollers/disrespectful guys have eventually a sad or fucked up life in reality which they need to compensate with those pushing others down. Sure many just trying to be funny with trolling or other stuff like that but many of them don't see or simply lose the control when the point comes to stop it. Eachone of us is not the same some give a shit about all and some just take it serious and take it out of the community to their real life and start thinking about what happend and why it happend. I saw many friendly, helpful, lovely guys getting hardcore trolled or insulted even if they just did not anything bad to anyone in this community. This aint be fair. We all need to treat eachone with respect and it doesn't matter if he is fat, skinny, white, black, dumb, smart, ugly or whatever. No one of us is perfect and we all lack in things and it is easy to put a finger on someone and laugh about him and pushing him down instead of helping him, trying to have fun wit him, trying to not look on what he lack on and so on. Aren't we all kinda here to have fun together??? Sad to see that some need to kinda fight with others and often fight the weak ones to make sure he/she win and to feel better afterwards. To logout of the forum or disconnect ingame and to go back to reality and say "puuuhhh now I feel better, bcs I rekt a (weak) person I don't know or never saw in my life"

You can say im retarded or I take it too serious but you all shouldn't forget we have a young playerbase here. Many which take typed things inside the server or forum serious bcs they still try to figure out who they are and what they can. Some of them get daily insulted/harassed/trolled and they 1st) learn that stuff and might think that it is okay to do it or 2nd) it is the way to succeed more in real life if they look for weak humans or others to do the exact same things to be not an outsider or simply feel better afterwards. I mean you guys shouldn't also forget many of humans which play here too have real life issues like depressions or other psychological stuff and try to get rid of bad/sad thoughts if they can go to the gaming community they like in this case nD and can hide the things on which they can't suceed for now in real life or just to have fun and to not get confronted with all that shit that fucks up their sad/hard IRL.

I think it's also a difference if we all joke a bit with eachother with words like "FU" or "you noob" or some soft style for what most likely no one will get really offended, but many times it just getting out of control and after one word follows the next and it becomes harder and harder just to win that "funny trolling" fight. Friend or someone we don't know doesn't matter the only difference there is that the friend do know it and will not care that much like someone else.

My question is, is it so hard to have fun without that too dirty/bad/disrespecting or wtv attitude??? I even know some humans thought about suicide (not here in nD) or taking drugs or other things to compensare that getting bullied/mobbed/trolled or whatever and this is in no way acceptable and that's not what we need here !!!

If you wanna have fun with that mentioned troll attitude then why you don't do it privately via steam or on an other place where others doesn't get included and where you can make sure that the young players don't need to see/learn that bullshit attitude, no one need that in IRL it wont help them/anyone in any way. The only thing would be bcs of becoming more self confident or a mouth king to be strong in IRL against the same trollers there. But IRL are rules too which every human need to follow and I think it is the best to have rules which excist here too to make it to a good and enjoyable place.
And for sure to get a place like that you need humans with powers like member/admins (IRL police/law court) to make sure they can take care of this kind of guys and behaviour before it gets out of control. And sure some might say it was just this or that it wasn't that hard meant or just a joke but the community tried to set rules which makes clear what is allowed and what not. To hold it as a normal place without disrespecting someone or with a dirty tongue language which no one need. We all aware we need to follow the rules or we risk to take consequences and to get most likely punished for any kind of rulebreaking. And for sure it depends on what we did and I wont say that that Flaths permban was deserved but I also do believe that neonDragon has a thick skin which I saw many times in the past but he maybe had once a bad day too or made a too quick wrong decision. The problem got at the end solved by an admin which doesn't need a proper explanation in my eyes from neonDragon for 2 things. 1.) He is the owner and he can decide whatever he want to and if you agree on that or not it doesn't matter it is his Baby. (I think we all wouldn't be here if he himself didn't managed much to hold this community up as a fine and great community as we have it now for a long time). 2.) I think he had a reason to do it or lets say atleast in that moment and I wont believe it was just bcs of looking for girl called samantha.

Sure no one want to get unfair banned specially not permbanned but as I can see Flath you are still and again here with us. Lets say Flath he ignores you what then??? You wanna make a revolution and takeover of his baby/community? Or why you made it public to get an answer from neonDragon/Alex himself???

Sry for that long paragraph and bad grammar and things you guys don't understand those are just my 2 cents to all and I'm kinda annoyed too to see some guys break different rules and then acting like "WTF happend" or "Hey it is not fair" (I don't mean you in this case Flath, no worries).

HAVE FUN GUYS AND DON'T MAKE WARS !!!
Best regards ZeRo.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 3:21 am

#25 Post Re: Behind the curtain
To sum up what zero said with a few words: He wants to get rid of all interaction. Most of the shit you said doesn't belong here. This game is rated as PEGI 16, not PEGI kindergarten. It's normal with trashtalking and shit, if you don't like it then don't play it. To come here and talk about drugs and suicide is not acceptable and seriously it doesn't belong here, claiming as if any of the above statements are the leading cause to any of them. I would tell you to fuck off but that would be out of the line pfff.

That graph is on point Shadi (Y)

Thu Nov 09, 2017 9:35 am

#26 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Just wanna add something. Samantha is so disrespectful with almost everyone. i have known her for like 2/3 years and even had problems with her, she got demoted many times because she is disrespectful
Sam forgive me babe

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:13 pm
Profile WWW
nD*** Jail Member

#27 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Edo ツ wrote:
To sum up what zero said with a few words: He wants to get rid of all interaction. Most of the shit you said doesn't belong here. This game is rated as PEGI 16, not PEGI kindergarten. It's normal with trashtalking and shit, if you don't like it then don't play it. To come here and talk about drugs and suicide is not acceptable and seriously it doesn't belong here, claiming as if any of the above statements are the leading cause to any of them. I would tell you to fuck off but that would be out of the line pfff.

That graph is on point Shadi (Y)

No one said I want to get rid of interaction but there is a difference between a bit trashtalking or crossing a line (constantly). Which includes a harmless trashtalk but one with no ending. And you can't expect or tell me that if someone get bullied and most likely many jump on that bandwagon then that it makes nothin with the person on the other side. So what you try to say is if I join a gaming community I need to know and accept that others will try to bully me and trashtalk with or about me, that I need to know that someone will insult me or my family or that I need to know that I'm not here to simply enjoy my gaming fun inside the servers??? Lmao its just that some humans hide here behind their PC and give any shit about the other human he is talkin to and that if he don't know shit about his real life and just being disrespectful. And trying to bash someone down. A forum is to communicate and nowadays many can't or didn't even try to talk about normal things. They join and all what you read is "hahah u fkin cunt" "hahah your mum is a whore" "hahah you fkin gay smd" do you really wanna tell me they go out and do that IRL the same way??? Probably many are the exact opposite of that IRL but here they need to try out how far they can go which is simply idiotic.

Simple: What I tried to say is if you choose to trashtalk with no look into your actions when you have to stop it or when you went too far, then you simply need to make sure to face the consequences you get later for that. In this case as an example Flath (again sure permban was a wrong decission). He was not innocent and there was a point where he got many times told to stop it. He didn't, he got banned for that simple thing !!!

Edo ツ wrote:
I would tell you to fuck off but that would be out of the line pfff.

I don't mind if you tell me that I can get over it but that doesn't mean all can do that and there would be even no reason to tell that to someone. Everyone deserves his place to be here and if I don't like someone then I don't need to talk to him and go an other (my own) way.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 12:40 pm

#28 Post Re: Behind the curtain
daM wrote:
KaitoKid wrote:
Quote:

Was typing the same, but i could not find the words to put in place here , without taking it out on the current PR admins.

Yeah, someone he listens to needs to tell him to stop moderate that kind of stuff, it's honestly ridiculous

Thu Nov 09, 2017 1:38 pm

#29 Post Re: Behind the curtain
The reason behind the good members and regulars leaving is plain and simple no need to complicate things, the admins want to have total control over the feelings of the member team(meaning they want no member to complain or have their own opinions) which lead to quite a few good members leaving the team, and the ones who are left are with 0 commen sense as how to moderate or use their menu(3 exceptional members supercell,madlife,zero),most of the member team who have 0 common sense go and learn from the current admin team actions as to not care about the opinion of others and just use their menu about 1 minor mistake or in one of my cases being afk.(not mentioning the warnings they give just because they '' asummed'' you did something wrong becase they are too lazy to pay attention and actually moderate). the problem is that members nowdays only moderate when applying for membership which is literal fake attitude and someone with 10 iq can see through as what they want, and after their trial is over they tend to abuse their menu and if they mistakely(meaning not paying attention or just getting triggered) abuse their power, all their mistakes are forgiven by a simple triggerhappy comment as '' sry ;p mb'' and you wonder why regulars are leaving ? i'v came back just recentlly to play and have fun and all i had to deal was provocations from members, and as a regular i'm really having a hard time playing when and if members are actually online, with the 3 exceptions i mentioned above ofcourse. anyways good luck on repairing the wicked system you guys made, atleast i hope your thinking of it.

Thu Nov 09, 2017 4:27 pm

#30 Post Re: Behind the curtain
Listen, I'm sorry but can you just shut the fuck up about this topic and try to have fun?

The main reason why we are even in this community is because we wanna have fun and relax from our boring and shitty lives, yeah?

I have no idea what the fuck happened between nD and flath and I don't give a fuck.

The one thing I just wanna tell you is : Don't take everything too fucking seriously, and just try to have some fucking fun.

User banned 7 days for bumping an old topic.

Last edited by Razor8182 on Tue Mar 26, 2019 10:14 am, edited 1 time in total.

Mon Mar 25, 2019 1:39 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 36 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1, 2, 3  Next