CT Applications

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
baby

Re: CT Applications

Post by baby »

ZeRo#1 wrote:
Dee Dee wrote:I do agree with you to a certain extent. I get the idea behind that it is way more efficient if the member handling it is very active in the server and knows not only the rules, but also what's going on there. However, this does not mean that a member for another team is not fit for the job. There are members with a consistent JB activity (that do not belong to the Jail team) who do know the rules and the people playing. For example, back when you were a member, you would probably be able to handle them in spite of being a Zombie member.
I do agree with you.

What I would like to see to let someone handle the CT applications is:

- a test by an other member/admin with a bit more questions to see this member is fit for the job
- a constant playtime in JB to make sure he/she missing no rules
- commanded enough times to see/know what is expected from a CT applicant
- moderated enough inside JB to see his rule knowledge and what expected is of a CT
- minimum of hours inside JB (don't know any ammount)

So basically more the same what is expected from a jail member since JB has his own playstyle.
totally agreed , tbh all of the members that are in charge of handling ct applications meet the requirements
Lite sensei

Post by Lite sensei »

ZeRo#1 wrote:
Dee Dee wrote:I do agree with you to a certain extent. I get the idea behind that it is way more efficient if the member handling it is very active in the server and knows not only the rules, but also what's going on there. However, this does not mean that a member for another team is not fit for the job. There are members with a consistent JB activity (that do not belong to the Jail team) who do know the rules and the people playing. For example, back when you were a member, you would probably be able to handle them in spite of being a Zombie member.
I do agree with you.

What I would like to see to let someone handle the CT applications is:

- a test by an other member/admin with a bit more questions to see this member is fit for the job
- a constant playtime in JB to make sure he/she missing no rules
- commanded enough times to see/know what is expected from a CT applicant
- moderated enough inside JB to see his rule knowledge and what expected is of a CT
- minimum of hours inside JB (don't know any ammount)

So basically more the same what is expected from a jail member since JB has his own playstyle.
i agree but bro if nd runner or nd fun know this why just dont switch him to jail members . if a member know all of this he will applay for nd jail . not for another server this is what i think
baby

Post by baby »

~LITE~ wrote: i agree but bro if nd runner or nd fun know this why just dont switch him to jail members . if a member know all of this he will applay for nd jail . not for another server this is what i think
what you seem to not understand is that just the fact of being apart of the moderators team in general means you have already mastered the rules and aquired all the requirements that are needed for you to be able to moderate a server in nD in general !

in other words , if a runner member joins the jailbreak server he automatically becomes in charge of moderating jail server and takes responsibility of it ! and in order to do that you'll need to have good knowledge of the Jailbreak rules and protocols and even be able to solve its problems/confusions that usually happens in the server

And in even simple & easy words to understand a member would not join a server if he doesnt know its rules & functions ( because in that case he wont be able to moderate it properly) . And he/she would not volounteer to help out ( this is a work that demands patience & effort ) with a critical part of the server if he/she didn't know how to handle it and the higher admins would not accept his/her request/offer if they were not sure if he/she is up for it !

Iam very sorry but i do think the whole idea of opening this thread isn't just to discuss a matter as much as it is to directly question a certain someone's ability to handle the task at hand ( jealousy / hattered / drama .... ) :naughty:

EDIT:
Queen's Revenge wrote:A member from another team, for example runner team, can play on JB and not know the rules. I feel like only the rule knowledge isn't enough but also how the "applicant" behaves on the server and in that case, a member from another team can't know. But if they indeed go after a checklist, like KaKao said, then not a big problem.
Thanks for the explanations!
I don't necesserly agree with you to a certain extent . the fact that you're proposing that it would be better if the admin who accepted an applicants request to join the ct team has to keep an eye on him and his behaviour in the server is not entairly true or needed for that matter . As long as the applicant passed the test and convinced his interviewer that he does indeed meet the requirements to join the ct team is more than enough .
keeping an eye on the applicant after being accepted is a resposbility that falls into the hands of the players that play with him in the server ( regulars to help/report/show him the way if something is wrong + moderators to warn/take action if necessery )
The admins have already enough tasks to deal with . We should be thankful that they make time to test applicants before accepting them
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

baby wrote:if a runner member joins the jailbreak server he automatically becomes in charge of moderating jail server and takes responsibility of it
If I'm not mistaken, there's actually no obligations for a member who's not part of that team to moderate the server, although if that person is already well aware of the rules there is no reason not to.
[email protected]$$

Post by [email protected]$$ »

Idk why is this ques coming all of a sudden. Since long non jail members were handling CT apps like joel and Patrick when they were fun members. I dunno abt now but when I was a member... Admins used to give the access to any member who has good rule knowledge in jail server. Other members giving CT access to new players is good.. just a helping hand imo.
Sometimes people that no one could ever imagine can do things no one can ever imagine.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D
Queen's Revenge
Weirdly kind ball of pizza donut

Post by Queen's Revenge »

I just thought that there was more to it than just knowing the rules. For example, I can know the rules and before being accepted to CT, be an harasser or generally just a toxic T. Obviously if I get accepted to CT, I'll continue to be a toxic CT and probably freekill people on purpose based on personal problems, play around, etc. Something that members would have to moderate but they wouldn't need to if the "ct applicant" wasn't accepted in the first place.
Obviously if the applicant's behaviour played a role, members like Patrick couldn't handle ct applications because they don't play Jailbreak. But if basic rules is all you need to know, anyone can do it.
And no, I just made this topic because i talked to an admin about it and he wasn't very sure either why other teams were able to handle ct apps.
Supercell
nD* Jail Member

Post by Supercell »

I dont see any problems why a member from another team cant handle a ct application from Jailbreak. I mean if he requires to the points ZeRo mentioned then there isnt any problem for him to deal with ct applications. Instead its more helpful since there are more members who can handle ct applications and people who wait a long time for a ct test can be helped earlier.
Lionel Messi best player in football history
Younes Ml

Post by Younes Ml »

Yes, i agree with Quenn , only jail members and admin can make the ct apllication because the jail members has a lot of time in jail so they now more Information than the runner team and ......... teams
Last edited by Younes Ml on Thu Oct 19, 2017 12:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
These users thanked the author Younes Ml for the post:
Akram hamdani
Younes Ml
Dee Dee

Post by Dee Dee »

Younes Ml wrote:Yes, i agree with dee dee , only jail members and admin can make the ct apllication because the jail members has a lot of time in jail so they now more Information than the runner team and ......... teams
That's not what i said tho xD
SNap
VIP

Post by SNap »

Queen's Revenge wrote:Just wondering, why can members of other teams, other than Jail, handle CT Applications?
Cuz the other members must also moderate on the other servers. I think its quite normal, cuz their doing their job.

“Make your lives a masterpiece, you only get one canvas.”
[email protected] *

Post by [email protected] * »

Cause they must help/moderate and taking care about the community as members.

Sent from my PGN611 using Tapatalk
Queen's Revenge

Are we all going to copy each other now? xD
SosA

Post by SosA »

Can a Admin please explain this.

This topic is useless imo
MEEEEEEAAAAAAT!
Queen's Revenge

Sosa, a precious tip: read what people write before replying :D I promise it will make a big big difference!
Queen's Revenge wrote:I just thought that there was more to it than just knowing the rules. For example, I can know the rules and before being accepted to CT, be an harasser or generally just a toxic T. Obviously if I get accepted to CT, I'll continue to be a toxic CT and probably freekill people on purpose based on personal problems, play around, etc. Something that members would have to moderate but they wouldn't need to if the "ct applicant" wasn't accepted in the first place.
Obviously if the applicant's behaviour played a role, members like Patrick couldn't handle ct applications because they don't play Jailbreak. But if basic rules is all you need to know, anyone can do it.
And no, I just made this topic because i talked to an admin about it and he wasn't very sure either why other teams were able to handle ct apps.
him

CT Applications

Post by him »

Don't think there is a point in discussing this topic as it's very clear. If you are member of any team and you want to view someone's CT app, you either:

1) Neglect the app since you lack the sufficient info of that person, and let another member handle it.

2) Accept/Decline it since you have enough info to handle it.

In the end, all members are volunteering to help.

Case closed ez

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”