Superhero Mod

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
Decency
VIP

Superhero Mod

Post by Decency »

I'd really like to try a Superhero mod with the capable staff of nD and its nice community. We have a few servers that there really are no players on at any given time (aim, plague and roadrage) that we could try to swap with. I'm not experienced with hosting a server so excuse me if I'm wrong but all I did to test it myself was to download the file, put it in my cstrike folder (in this case I guess you would put it in a server folder(?)) and it was ready to go. Sure some stuff need to be adjusted which I can help with but it's a quick start and we could test it out on a test server. Even if it ends up no better than the other playerless server I still think it's worth a try.
Mystic

Re: Superhero Mod

Post by Mystic »

Decency wrote:I'd really like to try a Superhero mod with the capable staff of nD and its nice community. We have a few servers that there really are no players on at any given time (aim, plague and roadrage) that we could try to swap with. I'm not experienced with hosting a server so excuse me if I'm wrong but all I did to test it myself was to download the file, put it in my cstrike folder (in this case I guess you would put it in a server folder(?)) and it was ready to go. Sure some stuff need to be adjusted which I can help with but it's a quick start and we could test it out on a test server. Even if it ends up no better than the other playerless server I still think it's worth a try.
always liked sh mod because you have continuous progress in the form of your level, needs tinkering with balancing so that newer players can also gain xp.
It's been suggested a few times I think but never went anywhere. I feel like this mod has a lot of potential because of the leveling aspect.
Curious to see what ends up happening with this suggestion.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
notflanky

Post by notflanky »

I think a wc3 server would be cool as oppose to superhero. wc3 used to in the community back in the 2008-2010 days before it was shut down when CS sort of died abit. Would still be a very popular mod providing it was given a trial run.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

I am also willing to help with stuff such as adding/removing/balancing the heroes & exp, I'll help with the maps etc. If there's anything else I can do I will do it, if you have any kind of questions just hit me up..

Perhaps this thread should be moved to Ideas and Projects as well while we're at it.
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

(excuse the doublepost but I'd like to bring some more attention to this thread)

This is usually how a superhero mod looks like

[youtube]l1J835WIx0c[/youtube]
Thierry Henry

Post by Thierry Henry »

Looks chaotic af

I'm guessing the more you play, the more XP, the more powerful you are?
[youtube]GSBRWBa2UGI[/youtube]
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Precisely, which usually makes it a bit unfriendly for beginners IF there's someone who's got several levels on them. However, some changes to the strength of the heroes and some changes to the game itself could help a lot. It is unfortunately not possible to make it 100% fair as the more exp and levels you get the more powers you get, a.k.a "heroes".

I'd like for it to be deathmatch mod, for example. That would prevent this problem a bit by having everyone fight everyone 24/7, and so higher leveled people won't always be full hp.
It will be quite chaotic indeed though, especially if it ends up being deathmatch. It will be nonstop action, fast paced gameplay. But, if you're a newbie and you die a few seconds into the round, it won't matter.

The other version of a SHmod is a normal, non-deathmatch mod and the goal is to either bring back the hostages as a ct or plant the bomb as a t. Granted, the gameplay will be more focused and calm. It might get boring quickly if you die a lot though.

It is of course up to debate within the community & staff but for now I'm vouching for the deathmatch mod.

edit: I'll explain the basics, should've done it in the first post anyway

It's a mod based on exp/levels and with every level you get, you get to pick a new power, or a "hero" as the powers are named after heroes such as Spider-man, Wolverine or just figures from all kinds of places (manga, star wars, cartoon, comics etc). There's also lots of custom made heroes such as Ubergunner which will give you a stronger M4A1 and a special skin at that. Each new level will grant you more powerful and interesting heroes.

Your time spent on the server will of course be rewarded as your progress will saved. Perhaps we could add the same kind of nD$$ system as of the deathmatch server, and some achievements as well.
wodeen++

Post by wodeen++ »

If this mod becomes actually available in nD
Would it be under Fun servers?
Everything in this world is either a potato or not a potato
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

It would definitely fit that category the most, yes.
Supercell
VIP

Post by Supercell »

I used to play this mod on internation revolution and I liked it a lot. Unfortunately its a dead server now and I would love to have such a superhero mod on nD but I dont think the admins have time for this .
Lionel Messi best player in football history
notflanky

Post by notflanky »

Thierry Henry#CR7 wrote:Looks chaotic af

I'm guessing the more you play, the more XP, the more powerful you are?
Yeah pretty much and every hero you choose it saves into like SQL I guess so you have saved progress and you just need to level everything up etc, would be fun if cash could be integrated into the server and earn cash per kills, achievements etc which would make people want to play it - other than the fact that the mod is fun.
Mystic

Post by Mystic »

Decency wrote:Precisely, which usually makes it a bit unfriendly for beginners IF there's someone who's got several levels on them. However, some changes to the strength of the heroes and some changes to the game itself could help a lot. It is unfortunately not possible to make it 100% fair as the more exp and levels you get the more powers you get, a.k.a "heroes".

I'd like for it to be deathmatch mod, for example. That would prevent this problem a bit by having everyone fight everyone 24/7, and so higher leveled people won't always be full hp.
It will be quite chaotic indeed though, especially if it ends up being deathmatch. It will be nonstop action, fast paced gameplay. But, if you're a newbie and you die a few seconds into the round, it won't matter.

The other version of a SHmod is a normal, non-deathmatch mod and the goal is to either bring back the hostages as a ct or plant the bomb as a t. Granted, the gameplay will be more focused and calm. It might get boring quickly if you die a lot though.

It is of course up to debate within the community & staff but for now I'm vouching for the deathmatch mod.

edit: I'll explain the basics, should've done it in the first post anyway

It's a mod based on exp/levels and with every level you get, you get to pick a new power, or a "hero" as the powers are named after heroes such as Spider-man, Wolverine or just figures from all kinds of places (manga, star wars, cartoon, comics etc). There's also lots of custom made heroes such as Ubergunner which will give you a stronger M4A1 and a special skin at that. Each new level will grant you more powerful and interesting heroes.

Your time spent on the server will of course be rewarded as your progress will saved. Perhaps we could add the same kind of nD$$ system as of the deathmatch server, and some achievements as well.
I used to play this alot and a lot of clever catch-up mechanics can be used, as well as a few strong heroes be added to the early game so that newcomers can get some power fairly quickly.
An example of this would be the gambit grenade (instant kill grenade), or "Vash the stampede" which is a deagle/revolver that shoots a red laser that 1 hits anyone it hits ( you get a few shots of this).
Given that I also don't think it should be deathmatch mode, it will be utter fucking chaos. I propose a compromise: Increase the amount of revives you have in the mod. You can modify the amount of revives to be like 3 times in the SH mod which should be plenty of action time. I think the SH mod could revive the 1.6 mod scene for nD.
Ayyyylmaooooo
Spoiler!
ด้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้้้้็็็็็้้้้้็็็็็ṃ̤̯͙̮̺͚̩̜̫̮̖̳̮̭̣
nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow
Decency
VIP

Post by Decency »

Mystic wrote:I used to play this alot and a lot of clever catch-up mechanics can be used, as well as a few strong heroes be added to the early game so that newcomers can get some power fairly quickly.
An example of this would be the gambit grenade (instant kill grenade), or "Vash the stampede" which is a deagle/revolver that shoots a red laser that 1 hits anyone it hits ( you get a few shots of this).
Given that I also don't think it should be deathmatch mode, it will be utter fucking chaos. I propose a compromise: Increase the amount of revives you have in the mod. You can modify the amount of revives to be like 3 times in the SH mod which should be plenty of action time. I think the SH mod could revive the 1.6 mod scene for nD.
Yes, Gambit (and penguin, which makes the nade seek and follow enemies for 5s) is indeed already a part of the herolist of the version I have in mind, Vash the stampede is also in the list but it actually just makes the deagle stronger, the hero you are thinking of is "Noob" which was in the herolist as well, but as it wouldn't become unavailable for higher leveled people as intended I prefer to not have it in the herolist as of now.

There are some heroes that have a revive mechanism in them, Chucky revives oneself one time per round and Zeus revives one teammate per round. If everyone in the same team has those 2 heroes, everyone will get 2 revives already so I don't think adding extra revives in itself is necessary, perhaps having a non-deathmatch mod with increased revives on those two heroes could be the way to go though!
KaitoKid
VIP

Post by KaitoKid »

Spoiler!
Any admin feedback on this? Seems every suggestion (TTT etc..) is just the regulars/members talking between themselves. I can see 4 non-tech admins in the team, don't tell me all they do is handle reports and moderate the forums? Shouldn't these 'PR admins' be the link between the community and the admin team? kalle was always on point with replying to all these topics but unfortunately he left in mysterious circumstances.
Anyways it seems a few of our regulars are familar with the mod and they have nothing but praise for it, I'd like to see the mod on a nD server. I've played mods similar to this and they had resets every X weeks so the higher levels wouldn't straight up rape everyone. Not a very good solution, most of the playerbase got frustrated that they had to restart everything so everyone eventually left. If you can find a way to balance it out to satisfy both new and older players this could be sick. It does look a bit hectic tho, based on that video alone.
STEAM_0:0:51774830
ZeRo#1
nD* Jail Member

Post by ZeRo#1 »

BUMP !
▬ We have decided that a Superhero Mod Server and a Gungame Mod Server will be added to our server list soon. Both servers will be under the "FUN" group.
(07/10/2017)

Is there any new information to that???
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”