forum permissions

Talk about the community, our servers and forums or suggest new ideas to us.
fvckitshakespeare

forum permissions

Post by fvckitshakespeare »

i saw that some permissions are messed up here, like as a new member i've got access to moderator control panel and see the logs and users notes, do registered users have that access or needs a permission change?
a simple act of caring creates an endless ripple.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Re: forum permissions

Post by Shadi »

This is caused by the forum structure, whenever a permission is given OR removed it seems to think that because this user has different access he is therefore a mod.

Like giving access to people thanking posts, or creating topic attributes etc is considered a mod power for whatever reason.
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
fvckitshakespeare

Post by fvckitshakespeare »

i used to work with phpbb3 and this can be solved, just go to permissions and there you got user, moderator and administrative permissions, you can check a bit there and those things can be solved, being able to make topics/post/etc and not being able to use MCP
a simple act of caring creates an endless ripple.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

It's due to QTE permissions. Any wrong move within it and it breaks, I have for instance fixed it now - but no promise it'll last :P
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin

Return to “neonDragon Discussion”