View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 11 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sun Aug 20, 2017 12:18 am

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next

#1 Post Too much freedom for members and admins
Why do admins and members have more rights than regulars? Notice i said rights and not powers.....rights as members and admins literally gag/mute everyone who they dont want to be talking.....and they keep abusing their powers on things that are not worth it

I hope doesnt make a big conflict just a friendly discussion, no offense to anyone

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:29 pm
nD* Jail Member

#2 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
Just curious, which members have been abusing their gag/mute powers? Most of the time if they gag without any obvious its either for an extemely short time(for fun), or due to pm abuse.

Not rreally sure I've seen mute abusing however

She wanted to stop, but she was riding a wave of memory and it was carrying her backward to that night, that room, and the blood that had spattered her mother's star charts like the map of a new constellation.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:40 pm

#3 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
maybe people don't want you to talk because you're annoying

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:47 pm

#4 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
This is kinda coming out of the blue.

Muting people usually happens if you are mic spamming or cutting the commander or just blurting nonsence on the server.

Regarding the gag, we often gag players who ghost, spam or break the rules in any kind of way.

It does happen that we gag players when we are moderating since we want to be able to talk to the person without having a third party who shouldn't intervene putting oil on fire and making our job more difficult.

Regarding the "rights" you are talking about, our job is to make sure the server isn't too chaotic and we use our powers in that way, bending the rules is good from times to times but remember that the jailbreak server for example is based on rules that have to be respected hence why admins call upon people like the moderators to make sure these so called "not worth it" rules are indeed followed by everyone.

Regarding the rights we have, you regulars are limited by the servers plugin so you don't have as much freedom as we do but keep in mind that whenever we use that "status" to bypass the plugins (for example talking in the mic during the day as a T, reviving ourself in the middle of the round), it is purely professional to clear up a point we can't ignore or to deal with a situation that shouldn't be happening.

Thu Apr 20, 2017 11:53 pm
nD* Jail Member

#5 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
You have it the other way around. Members and admins do not have any other rights than regulars. They do, however, have a given set of powers to retain order and for moderation purposes. The reasons are quite obvious; imagine everyone on the server being an admin/member. Resolving and managing disputes and issues would be difficult. Who should take control or action if mistakes were made? Abuse?

With "powers" comes responsibility. Not everyone wants that, nor would be able to use that responsibility to do good. There is a reason there is a selection system in, order to see if one is qualified for being staff. A member is more of a "Regular with given powers" and does not have more rights than a regular, as stated. They do/should have better knowledge, overall, regarding in-game and forum based actions than a regular, which makes them qualified of possessing "powers". The same general rules apply to members, admins, non-steamers, steamers and regulars. With a few exceptions.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 12:14 am

#6 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
By abuse I meant other things not just gagging or muting......like cursing I tend to see a lot of you cursing....lemme not mention any names, majin. I just saw an admin cursing in the server and that admin played around and almost broke all the rules and I think tked once.....most members are nice but some do mess up the atmosphere by taking over by force, do you really expect the member/admin who does that to come and say its me he/she will just try to hide it.
@zaptor lemme tell you something a member got slain by an admin and didnt say anything, so he was basically moderated by the admin and after couple of hours I was still playing and this member did another mistake so i tried to moderate him he told me to shut up........

Fri Apr 21, 2017 2:52 am
nD* Jail Member

#7 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
I would say that if u really feel something is wrong regarding a admin/member you should collect some evidence and talk to any other admin whom you feel is trustworthy.

STEAM_0:1:183275325 :D

Fri Apr 21, 2017 5:13 am
nD* Jail Member

#8 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
Pinky T-rex (L.A.P.D) wrote:
By abuse I meant other things not just gagging or muting......like cursing I tend to see a lot of you cursing....lemme not mention any names, majin.

Hah? Since when are you not allowed to curse? You aren't allowed to harrass but cursing does not mean you're harrassing, and I'll never stoop low enough to harrass over a game...

The server isn't tailored for children to not be allowed to swear

She wanted to stop, but she was riding a wave of memory and it was carrying her backward to that night, that room, and the blood that had spattered her mother's star charts like the map of a new constellation.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 7:39 am

#9 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
I agree with what LAPD said because I've seen a member abusing his power on other member just for fun.....
he did it for fun but it's abuse
P.s : i have SS ;)

Fri Apr 21, 2017 9:57 am
neonDragon Admin

#10 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
To the "more rights"-thing: Admins and members -as stated above- have a responsibility to keep the server under control, this sometimes means breaking the rules in order to moderate someone.
But, like everyone else, we have to follow the rules whenever we're not moderating and if you see any members or admins that abuse this on a regular basis for their own amusement, without consideration for the rest of the server. Please take proof and report them to the admin team or a specific admin if you don't want the other admin to know about who reported them.

I often come accross complaints of admins/members, but I never get any names and I never get any proof. They just say "you should do something about your members" and then they leave it at that, which I can't really use to anything. Just like strikelist reports, you need proof for something to happen.

When it comes to using powers over others, I.e slaying a member, there could've been a ton of reasons for why that happened. But the difference between a regular and an admin moderating a member is that an admin will usually try to be respectful and proper when they moderate members. While when regulars try to moderate members or let's call it "tell them what they're doing wrong" they tend to do it in a ridiculing manner that is usually offensive and provoking.
Most likely anyone being told they're doing something wrong in a disrespectful way would be annoyed by it.

And to the cursing thing. It depends on the degree. I often say "Bitch" or "Fu" but I don't mean it offensive and I don't spam it to no end to anyone on the server.
It also depends on which words you're using.
While things like "fuck" or "bitch" or "idiot" may be used more frequently at a less offensive manner. Words like "retard" or "cunt" and so on, are more offensive and doesn't have much of a joking attitude to them and shouldn't be used.
It basically comes down to which words you're using and all to who you're using the against and how you're using them.
There's a lot of examples of different manners. But bottomline rules would be:

Don't spam them
Don't use highly offensive words
Don't make the excuse "it's just to my friends" this is not a free-for-all excuse to harass like crazy. Keep it private.
And be careful with how you use them

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:07 am
Profile WWW

#11 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
I agree to the giving too much freedom to admin's part. To give an example , 4/5 days ago, one admin (not gonna name him) was playing around as a CT during a normal commanding day on jailbreak. It wasn't the first time he was playing around so I asked another member present on the server to moderate him and he replied "I'm a member and I moderate players, regarding admin's I cannot do anything."
I don't blame the member on this one as even if he would moderate, he wouldn't be able to overpower the admin simply because of the authority.

I got a demo of that admin, I don't feel like raising up this issue because merely playing around isn't worth criticism. But if we would treat admins and players equally than this situation would've never happened.

Note: I didnt name the admin and member because I don't want them to deal with any form of criticism based on what was inevitable and insignificant but I have a demo of that round.

STEAM_0:1:207899326

Spoiler: show
*DEAD* AL_7KoMa <3 : plzz no cmd you are very cmd man iam sry for that say
Elijahh : i am afk for 1 sec need to go toilet
Elijahh : if some1 can protect me i willl protect you for ever
http://www.neondragon.net/strikelist.php?searchtext=Sakar&searchradio=name&searchselect=closed&search=Search%21

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:35 am
neonDragon Admin

#12 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
MicroChip wrote:
"I'm a member and I moderate players, regarding admin's I cannot do anything."
I don't blame the member on this one as even if he would moderate, he wouldn't be able to overpower the admin simply because of the authority.
But if we would treat admins and players equally than this situation would've never happened.

This is an issue I've come across several times.
Not only towards admins, but also members.
Players don't report the both of us because they feel like nothing will happen. But if no one says anything, we can't do much about it.
I can't talk to the admin about what they did if I don't know who they are or what they did.
And I can't talk to members about what they did, if I don't know who they are or what they did.

I can't bring this issue up in an admin meeting and try to make some rules for admins either, because I don't know what they did or who did it.

As stated above, you have to take proof and report it. You say you have a demo about an admin abusing and playing around. Then give it to the admins or send it to only 1 and we can try to get something solved.
And to whoever that member was and also to all other members/players wanting to report members/admins.

You don't report members/admins to get them removed, you report them so the problem(s) they caused can be told to them so they won't cause them again, it's about teaching the members and admins about what they did wrong and then solve it.

Fri Apr 21, 2017 10:44 am
Profile WWW

#13 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
If anyone's considering reporting an admin btw don't do it, it's a waste of time. The current admin team has no clear figurehead who can rein in others so it'll just be dismissed. You just need to learn to accept that they can play however they want because after all they are the highest authority. Although tbh I haven't noticed any blatant abuse lately, they seem to be happy just playing around which is fine by me.

Definitely report members (in private) if you feel they're abusing tho, if they're not mates with the right admins something can definitely be done from your report. Although once again, I've been fairly active lately and I haven't noted any abuse from members or admins so maybe you're the problem

STEAM_0:0:51774830

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:02 am

#14 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
Pinky T-rex (L.A.P.D) wrote:
Why do admins and members have more rights than regulars? Notice i said rights and not powers.....rights as members and admins literally gag/mute everyone who they dont want to be talking.....and they keep abusing their powers on things that are not worth it

I hope doesnt make a big conflict just a friendly discussion, no offense to anyone

But also, do not forget all the good things .. without these powers the server will not survive,
I never seen admin \ member who abused his powers against someone else,
but if you did and you sure it wasn't justified so, like dumb sayed you should collect some evidence and talk to any other admin whom you feel is trustworthy..
( you must to report )

STEAM_0:1:149896745
“Do not go where the path may lead, go instead where there is no path and leave a trail.”

Fri Apr 21, 2017 11:12 am

#15 Post Re: Too much freedom for members and admins
Dumb@$$ wrote:
I would say that if u really feel something is wrong regarding a admin/member you should collect some evidence and talk to any other admin whom you feel is trustworthy.

Thats another thing, activity I never see an active admin on nD servers. They all basically quit.......they come once a year lmao, so they dont see ehat happens and what I am talking about

Fri Apr 21, 2017 1:31 pm
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next