View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are no pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Oct 23, 2018 10:48 am

Reply to topic  [ 1311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next

#1 Post Official nD photography/videography topic
Hi all,

As most of you already know or have noticed, I'm a big fan of photography and I practise it myself aswell. Over the years I've gotten myself some nice equipment and photography has become a big hobby of mine. I make photos at work, at home, during my holidays, weekend trips, etc. Pretty much everywhere I go, my camera bag is there with me. My equipment consists of a wide variety of lenses (ranging from 100mm up to 400mm, with a possibility of getting up to 560mm), 2 bodies and a fair amount of batteries, memory-cards and a few other accessories.

I created this topic because, like the vast majority of the photographers out there, I like to share my work with other people. I'd like to share some of my material with you guys, so when I make a photo I really like and want to share, I will post it here. Comments/tips/hints/positive criticism are all much appreciated.

If you have any questions, if you don't understand something, if you want me to explain a certain technique, etc., please don't hesitate to ask. So if you see a photo somewhere and wonder how it's done, just post it here and I will try to explain. I can't promise that I can have a definite answer (I don't know everything), but I'll do my best.

And last but not least, if you have some nice images yourself, feel free to post it here! Just don't spam/post many photos at once. If you made a series of nice photos, pick the best 1 or 2.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

So I'll start off. I took the photos below at work this morning, the sky was kinda clear and so I decided to try and go for a moon shot. The set-up looked like this:

My 40D (w/ battergrip), mounted onto a sturdy Manfrotto tripod and a 1.4x Extender between the body and the 100-400 lens, giving me a total of 560mm zoom. The downside to using the Extender with that lens is that I have to manual focus. But since the moon doesn't move THAT fast, it was quite alright. The chord you see dangling from the camera is a sort of remote, so I wont have to touch the camera when pressing the shutter button, thus eliminating any vibrations I might cause.

The result:

I'm happy with it, but there is room for improvements. Next time I try this, the moon needs to be closer (so it's bigger), in which case I won't need this much zoom, which in turn will enable me to use the auto focus again :)

Last edited by QuickSilver on Mon Aug 27, 2012 4:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:01 pm

#2 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Can I conclude from the picture of the moon you like taking pictures of the nightsky? Or are you more a fan of landscapes/persons/...?
I was once interested in photography of the nightsky (solar systems, galaxies, nebulas, other planets, ...) But when I looked up for some information about it I dropped the idea because of
1. Prices of instruments (a couple of 1000 euros)
2. I live in a city, so can't really take many pictures from my room here
3. I know i would never get such nice pictures as NASA's Picture of the Day :p

So if you got any nice pictures of the nightsky I would love to see them.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:16 pm

#3 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Seriously Kas, that moon picture is kinda freaky :P Its beautiful though but i also think its kinda weird. When you concentrate on the white dots(middle-left-corner) it almost seems like the picture is moving xD Maybe im spacing(literally and figuratively) cuz of the fact that im really tired. Anyways, i love the pic, its very nice :D With love...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 3:36 pm

#4 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
well kas you have inspired me to pick up my camera again, im still learning the ins and outs with my new camera but heres one of my past pics.

One of my few remaining pics i have after my pic hd decided to melt down, still need to try recover it.
taken with a konica minolta Dimage Z2 .

Wed Jan 19, 2011 4:29 pm

#5 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Well i got a few pictures that i've made and im not a good photo guy and i dont have a uber camera so i took it with my old camera and my phone, Old camera 8 Megapixel and my phone 3.2.

Here's a pic of my neighbor hood i really like it because it reminds me of the summer times here had alot of fun.
Spoiler: show

Here, i was in the mountains in Morocco ( my home country ) and its kind of near the ocean so we went fishing there and had alot of fun and this pic is of the clouds up here.
Really foggy day :)

And the last was in skansen (Swedish Animal Zoo), a picture of a fox not that good quality took it with my phone.

Well thats all, and to the summer i think i get a new camera 12 mega pixel, it will be fun taking pics and i also like taking pics and just to remind you im going to Morocco and maybe Turkey or Egypt :)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 5:36 pm

#6 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Ok, some of mine, I'll start of with "buildings and places":

Wed Jan 19, 2011 6:30 pm

#7 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
@ Mati, the 5th and 6th picture are really nice :oops: Tho, i kinda think that picture number 3 looks like a huge dildo :oops: But i do like that pic tho :) With love...

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:21 pm

#8 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
@ Piree, I take photos of pretty much everything, but most of it is Aviation. I like everything from nature, to animals, to people, to aviation, etc. If I see a nice opportunity, I try to take it.

@ Satan, glad to hear that! Like I told you before, I think that shot is killer!

@ Lien, thanks ^^

@ Aurelius, good job, nice shots

@ Mati, some of those building look really appealing, is that all in Vienna? The last 2 remind me of when we rowed over the Thames as part of a race The scenery was just awesome! :D

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:24 pm

#9 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Quote:
Tho, i kinda think that picture number 3 looks like a huge dildo :oops: But i do like that pic tho :)

Indeed ;) it's also known as "the Gherkin".
Quote:
Mati, some of those building look really appealing, is that all in Vienna?

No, everything is from london, don't you recognize the tower bridge?

Anyways, another picture from me:
:)

Visited someone who had a bunch of recently born baby cats -> cuteness overkill.

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:44 pm

#10 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Yea, ofc I recognize the Tower Bridge! That's why I mentioned that race ^^
Didn't recognize the buildings though. That cat is cute :D

Wed Jan 19, 2011 7:47 pm

#11 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Cool cat, nice pictures guys :)

Wed Jan 19, 2011 8:31 pm

#12 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Well this first picture is from Berlin, its a cathedral and in right background you see the TV-Tower

And this last one, I thought it was just totally amazing, its from Lisboa in Portugal

Wed Jan 19, 2011 9:41 pm

#13 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
thought id post up 2 more :)

first can be a bit of a mind twister if it wasnt for the title

and the 2nd is the sunset over cannock chase, about 30 mins walk in from me

Fri Jan 21, 2011 3:15 am

#14 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
nice pictures, nice!

Fri Jan 21, 2011 9:57 am

#15 Post Re: Official nD photo topic
Like I said before Satan, good job on those! The first one threw me off track the first time I saw it.

Some of you might've seen this photo before, but here is a bigger version. It was taken in the summer of '10, during the Eruption of Eyjafjallajökull in Iceland. I was at work, in the weekend, and there wasn't anything to do. So, I thought I'd take my own car out for a drive! It was really cool and the sun was shining straight at runway 05. I parked my car between the numbers and took some photos :D

Fri Jan 21, 2011 8:26 pm
Reply to topic   [ 1311 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4, 5 ... 88  Next