View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 2:50 am

Reply to topic  [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Leaving admin and moderation team
A lot of you have already noticed my forum group change and asked about it so I may as well make an official post. As most of you will already know I was made admin to help develop plugins for the servers and to also maintain them technically. When I was speaking to Mati about becoming an admin I made it clear that I would have to get back into pawn programming and I hadn't done it for a long time. I was admin for about 9 days and I contributed plugin wise by writing the /hns cd (not finished, was supposed to give a vote before starting and seer after ~6 minutes), !warn system which was almost complete, need reasons added to php file mainly and a few minor adjustments to plugins like displaying a message when you complete the 30 min/day achievement.

Unfortunately my downfall was gambling. I legit gambled up to 2.8mil, gave cash away and lost the rest. I then made a change to the plugin allowing me to win certain gambles 100% of the time. Using this I built my cash back up to 1mil and also gave away 9mil to friends. I realise this was a stupid thing to do and offer my apologies to the community and admin team. My intentions were not malicious and I didn't sell any cash or give it out for anything in return.

The decision was made to revoke all my access and remove any non-standard access I had on the forums also.

Really I'm not sure if I will even stick around in the community or not. I like the community a lot and I invested a lot of time here. I think it's heavy handed to remove all my access even though what I did was quite serious. Personally I feel removal of admin or a final chance would have been more just but there we go, I'm sure a lot of you will agree with the admins' decision though. It is a shame though because I did have so much more to give to the community and feel overall my moderation and selfless contribution to the community far out-weights the negatives of what I did.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:17 pm

#2 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Well, maybe you should've got another chance or at least been demoted to member, but I can't do anything about it, hope you'll still stick around and maybe re apply in the future.

Last edited by SiX on Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:29 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:24 pm
Coder

#3 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
You were a great help to nD,
suckx that you couldn't control yourself with gambling system.

Gonna miss you boy :cry:

Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:25 pm

#4 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
I'm proud of you that you come forward and are honest and open to everyone. It's a pity, I talked with you over steam already, so there is no need to rattle things up or anything. There is just 1 thing I asked and that is for you to stay. Ollie, I know you for years, and I don't want you to leave :( <3

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm

#5 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
General :cry: :cry: :cry:
Might remove the damn colonel aswell then ^^
but serieusly i feel sad:(

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:28 pm
Friend of the Community

#6 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Konijn wrote:
Personally I feel removal of admin or a final chance would have been more just but there we go, I'm sure a lot of you will agree with the admins' decision though. It is a shame though because I did have so much more to give to the community and feel overall my moderation and selfless contribution to the community far out-weights the negatives of what I did.

Personally, I agree with the points here. I have already given a long explanation + a lot of words in admin private, as for Konijn I don't need to type here as he knows how I feel about it. A year without applying while simultaneously being member material and being a member for so many months and then see this wasn't something that necessarily made me happy. - Just so much effort wasted into one negative action. I'm not saying I 100% disagree with the final decision. I know I'm more nice than I should be with a lot of cases I can also easily see how the admin team came to this conclusion so quickly. I just can't help but wonder how thousands of hours + so much help and moderation can be disregarded in a matter of 1 action personally. All in all it could have gone worse, I'm happy I can still play with you on the servers while you're a regular at the very least. For me you will always have been an outstanding member. The replies on your application and so much else says enough for me already. Good luck with future plans, Ollie!

- Benjamin Franklin

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:32 pm

#7 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
So sad that you are leaving :( :( :(

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:36 pm
neonDragon Admin

#8 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Money sometimes is very powerful and makes people do things they usually wouldn't. The short time you were here as admin you did good things and helped the server a lot. Really hope you don't cut connections with the nD and stick around playing cs and lol with me ocasionally. Good luck mate.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:41 pm

#9 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
I remember it like yesterday when i first noticed you on that one night on jailbreak :) We started to talk straight away (tho there was not a lot of players :D) and i think we got along just fine.
If you will leave thats your call, but i hope (and many others) that you wont and just stick around in here. <3

Tue Dec 18, 2012 6:55 pm

#10 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
u were a good member and ur a cool guy, I thought you could handle this much power but just a week later this happens..

http://www.twitch.tv/mange2xd

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:05 pm

#11 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
who were the friends that received the cash? , i'm just soooo curious.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:22 pm
Profile YIM

#12 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
It's really a shame that this had to happen. You're a good guy that moderated well and deserved the technical admin position. I was genuinely happy that nD finally had a fresh one of those again, as I know how hard it is to get someone who has the knowledge, skills and is actually capable.

However, I can only agree to the decision to let you go, as being admin (in my eyes) is a very responsible position and people count and (more importantly) trust you. I know that you've invested a shitload of your time here and that makes it all the more a shame that this happened. However, we've seen something very similar in the recent past with another person, but he managed to get back on his feet again after a break. I hope you'll stay around and who knows in the future.

Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:32 pm

#13 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Bad choice Ollie, didn't think you'd take such decision but you let yourself go. I hope you stick around so we can make some jokes about Shadi, feels nice to bully him with someone else :mrgreen:

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:28 pm

#14 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Man are you serious? Dont leave man you were a cool and nice guy who i really liked alot, hope you will stick arround here! :cry: :cry:
And btw thats what i did when i readed the subject :( -->> http://nooooooooooooooo.com/
And like xalus said "shit happeins :( "

"Dont get confused between my attitude and my personality,
my attitude is who YOU are and my personality is who I am"

-Tupac Shakur

Tue Dec 18, 2012 8:46 pm
Profile WWW

#15 Post Re: Leaving admin and moderation team
Hmm if virtual money does this with you i wonder what you will do for real life cash..... Anyways goodluck with whatever you gonna do.

Wed Dec 19, 2012 8:44 am
Reply to topic   [ 25 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2  Next