View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Fri Feb 21, 2020 1:55 am



Reply to topic  [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next
#1 Post Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Good Day/Evening,

Seeing as some of you noticed, I just lost my membership status aswell as anything that goes with it, be it member section access or anything.
Now, I'm not leaving the community, I need to get things straight but I think I should atleast give an explanation.

Ever since I got my membership, I've been on a thin line, at one step of getting kicked if I can say that, this is due to the accumulation of mistakes, mistake on mistake happened and here goes, I got invited in a chat with five admins that agreed on kicking me.

So here's what happened, from the start of my membership until now.

I still remember the day I got accepted for the second time, the 8 April 2012 after an agitated application, to say the least.

-----> Here is what happened <-----

After that, I got membership and thought I was better than a lot of others, being overconfident and all. Needless to say and I think we all know, I had a rough start, multiple complaints about me. Multiple reports about me to admins including one for abusing the revive command when it just got added (At 4AM, we were not really playing and so I thought I was in the right to use it, where I wasn't).

I got warned multiple times, given advices to and even supported. I tried harder because I started noticing the end was near. I still kept on doing small mistakes from time to time but the complaints eventually stopped coming. I thought I was safe until I did one more thing and here is one of the PMs that I received from an Admin the day my trial ended, I'm not sure whether I should be allowed to give it but here it goes either way, if they really feel like it shouldn't be there, they can edit my post. I've nothing to hide and feel like the community should know about it either way :

Spoiler: show
Good evening Maki.


I'm here to contact you about an important matter, so please read this carefully and take it into account.

After a long talk, we decided to end up your trial to make you a permanent member. Anyway we've reached this decision but with condition. We considered your behaviour and your way of acting after the trial extend you got a month ago, and there're clear lacks or member-like behaviour. I'm especially refering to 3 main concerns :

- First of all your "thank button" spamming in the forums. Your argument that it's kind of a private joke between you and Shadi ain't a valid argument at all, as it affects the forum's global functionning. On top of that, it has nothing to do with a responsible member behaviour.

- Second, your usual way to deal with admins speaking to you about important matters is also problematic. Mind that if an admin comes to you to speak about an issue, you're of course free to expose your points, but not to disregard the advices that're given to you.

- The last point (and not the least) is about you using some ddos program against us to, as you say, make us realize we're weak against this kind of attacks. This is CLEARLY unacceptable. The reason you came with is purely invalid, as we're of course aware of the situation. On top of that, you did it when a lot of players were on the server. I'm trying to have here your attention on the fact that it's an important matter and that you really went too far.

Those points are already really problematic in themselves, especially considering the fact that you were on trial and furthermore on an extended trial, and therefore you should have considered behaving correctly even more than usual. Let me remind you about the fact that members are supposed to be examples for the other players. How do you think a member showing disrespectful behaviour in public toward the rules or even the admins can bring respect with him while moderating the servers ? There's no way we will accept this anymore.


We decided to grant you a permanent member seat as we agreed on the fact that you showed dedication and good moderation habilities, but we decided to put a condition to this :

If you happen to break the rules or show disrespectfull behaviour one more time, we will put an end to your membership

Just to make sure you're fully aware of the gravity of the case, let me tell it once more : THIS is a very formal warning the admin team decided to grant you. Disregarding this warning will result in you being kicked of the team. For any further explainations or in case you would like to answer this post, please feel free to contact me on steam.


I wish you good luck with your membership.

TL;DR : Abusal of the Thanks function (where I thought it was a joke however I didn't know it was taken that seriously back then), Bad way of dealing with the way Admins discuss to me aswell as DDOSing the servers once (I don't know what was going in my head back then, I honestly think this would've gotten me kicked to be honest, I can say I was lucky I still was able to stay in the team after that).

I honestly thought I was safe after that, I kept minimizing my mistakes and trying to do better and I do think I succeeded a bit in it however an incident happened just yesterday 17/09/2012. It happened around 2PM while I was on Jailbreak. I played for a bit and let slip a word of my mouth, I didn't mean to offense anyone nor try to make anyone feel bad. I can't tell you what was going on but regardless of that. I said "wth niggah" to someone I knew, not thinking it would piss him off. However this person got a tad mad and votekicked me, In which I issued a ban I after got removed. It was afterall, partly my fault and I knew about it. I after that discussed with the person on steam and it reached the ears of the Admins, the person in question did screens but from what I heard didn't give them. However I had no reason to deny it as it truly happened. I then got invited to a chat conversation with five admins where the decision was clear that I was getting kicked.

I had the choice to keep this private however I decided to share it as in my opinion, I've got nothing to hide and I do think everyone should know of what happened.

I don't know what I'm going to do now, whether I'm going to improve and try again later or see what else I can do, however there's nothing else I can do right now than to apologize to every member/admin/regular that liked me and supported me no matter what I did and how many times I fucked up, some people liked me as a member, some didn't. It's up to you really, I couldn't and can't force you to like me but I do think I tried my best in this point to try to fix those shitty relations I had with some people even if it did not always work.

Note 1 : I wish to say thanks to those people that already knew about it and regardless of that did not judge me on what happened, Some people already knew about the story of me DDOSing and all and yet did not tell it to everyone and still stayed one of the people I could still trust. Thank you guys.

Note 2 : I put it there as there isn't a section fit for this and I think this is the most appropriate section for this case.

Note 3 : If those news are really shocking for some of you, you are free to remove me, I don't expect you to have sympathy for me or anything, I posted this as a type of information like post.


// Maki


Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:45 am
Friend of the Community
User avatar

Joined: Thu Feb 03, 2011 6:44 am
Location: Behind yo house
Has thanked: 0 time
Been thanked: 646 times
#2 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Read it some hours ago and now I read it again (I really couldn't focus on it as I was busy having fun on Teamspeak lol)

Overall as the admins told you (yes I saw parts of the chat) you have a lot of good qualifications but your fuck-ups just weighted a tad too much on the scale.
I don't really know what to say, it might sound bitchy if I say it's honestly very easy to stay member and maybe some of your shortcomings were unfairly or too quickly judged and your past actions made the smallest screw up lead to this. However, you were aware and warned by the admin team already as the thread shows everyone. The aforementioned actions have been done and you made one more which made the admin team come to a final conclusion. If you plan to re-apply I am more than sure that you can fix your cons and become a very decent member in the future. Although, the problematic point is simple; your "moments" even if some are jocular you should control your moments. I have several times tried to show you when you have them and when to dim them down. It's the "con" I gave you when you made an application, maybe the admin team has now realised what I meant with this.

I don't know what you are going to do and what you aren't going to do, keep me informed. Peace! Thanks for the contributions to the community.

_________________
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:31 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Sep 23, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 145 times
Been thanked: 206 times
#3 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
What...The...Fuck...

_________________
Image
.gif © Kwaakt


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:39 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Aug 12, 2011 12:38 pm
Has thanked: 169 times
Been thanked: 421 times
#4 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Sucks to see what happend maki but I think this was unavoidable. You have done a ton of reports and stuff that really helped out the community and I think thats one of the reasons the admins let so much slide in the past. But the final drop was bound to be reached at some point and I guess yesterday it finally did.

A shame to see you go, you are a good kid, but I can't help myself but to agree with what the admins decided. Some of the weird stuff you pull sometimes just isn't member worthy.

I hope you will take your time now and slowly convince us that you are growing out of this behavior and who knows in a year you might have a spot again.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 6:53 am
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:51 pm
Has thanked: 33 times
Been thanked: 46 times
#5 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Nooooo Makiiii

_________________
Spoiler: show
ImageImage
ImageImage
nice members


Tue Sep 18, 2012 7:58 am
Profile
neonDragon Admin
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
Has thanked: 125 times
Been thanked: 522 times
#6 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Well I think this is a shame because I know you enjoy being a member and try hard to play by and enforce the rules. I think you're probably a bit too young/naive/immature to be a member right now. Though I do believe (if your account is true) that the 'final straw' - being that it was so long after the warning and previous mistake is quite minor and not worthy of a kick. Regardless, you were extremely lucky to not be removed after your DDoS 'experiment/test'. Anyway all the best Maki and stick around.

_________________
Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 12:33 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 35 times
#7 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
No offense ... but FUCK YEAH


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:54 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Oct 14, 2009 12:00 am
Location: Wales
Has thanked: 22 times
Been thanked: 42 times
#8 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Mr.Mackey wrote:
No offense ... but FUCK YEAH


Uncalled for, even though Maki has his faults he reported so many hackers and kept the servers clean for the time that he
was a member.

_________________
When the power of love overthrows the love of power men will know peace~


Tue Sep 18, 2012 3:56 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:00 am
Has thanked: 51 times
Been thanked: 35 times
#9 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Sexypanda wrote:
Mr.Mackey wrote:
No offense ... but FUCK YEAH


Uncalled for, even though Maki has his faults he reported so many hackers and kept the servers clean for the time that he
was a member.


Well I dont want to start a whole discussion 'n shit, but what he did to me in the past... well.. he fucking deserved this. But again, I dont want to start a discussion.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:01 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Jul 15, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Sweden
Has thanked: 55 times
Been thanked: 36 times
#10 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Well you had your bad moments and your good moments, sad to see you go, but good that you are staying with the community :)

_________________
ImageImage Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 4:40 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Sat Oct 02, 2010 11:08 pm
Location: Wirral - United Kingdom
Has thanked: 231 times
Been thanked: 642 times
#11 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Mr.Mackey wrote:
Sexypanda wrote:
Mr.Mackey wrote:
No offense ... but FUCK YEAH


Uncalled for, even though Maki has his faults he reported so many hackers and kept the servers clean for the time that he
was a member.


Well I dont want to start a whole discussion 'n shit, but what he did to me in the past... well.. he fucking deserved this. But again, I dont want to start a discussion.

Everyone has done bad things to other people. Live with it. No need to bring that old shit up in a genuine post made by him. As Sexy said, its uncalled for and you should know better!

Anyhow, sad how things have turned out eventually. Good luck Maki, I'm sure you'll stick around.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:07 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Mon Jun 27, 2011 7:22 pm
Location: London, UK.
Has thanked: 26 times
Been thanked: 178 times
#12 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
QuickSilver wrote:
What...The...Fuck...

_________________
Image

Image


Tue Sep 18, 2012 5:23 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Fri Sep 17, 2010 12:00 am
Location: Palestine
Has thanked: 74 times
Been thanked: 46 times
#13 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
Tbh, I'm shocked that YOU did over 200 reports and still ddosed the server...Hard to believe.

_________________
Image

You want me to go to the law?
What for?
You're playing the Witness, the Lawyer and the Judge!
If you are my Judge, I'll be sentenced to death


Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:37 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
Has thanked: 70 times
Been thanked: 121 times
#14 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
We had our moments but you had your good sides too.
but I must say it came like a shock that someone such as you would even think about ddosing...


Tue Sep 18, 2012 8:44 pm
Profile
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jan 11, 2012 1:15 pm
Has thanked: 37 times
Been thanked: 65 times
#15 Post Re: Kind of an expl. post/not leaving the servers/community
All I wonder is how a member who ddosed their own communitys server, recived permban tool.
Anyhow, I think you got what you deserved as I found your way of moderating unacceptable.
I feel sorry for you tho, mby in the future you'll be a better member.

_________________
:=)
some people make it rain…. but im so chill i make it snow.


Tue Sep 18, 2012 9:06 pm
Profile
Display posts from previous:  Sort by  
Reply to topic   [ 38 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3  Next

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest


You cannot post new topics in this forum
You cannot reply to topics in this forum
You cannot edit your posts in this forum
You cannot delete your posts in this forum
You cannot post attachments in this forum

Search for:
Jump to:  
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.