Help is appreciated!

Need help or are you having a problem with something in this forum? Ask here!
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Help is appreciated!

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Ok most of you know that our member tags will soon contain numbers like ² or ³ instead of ***.
I tried multiple ways to get it saved in my cfg but it doesn't work. The following steps I tried already:

- 1. I removed the mark in properties to make it to "not read only" and added my name in the config = nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1 and set it back to "read only" afterwards. When I then join cs options I don't find the ³ anymore in it or just a questionmark, same if i join a server then.
- 2. I made it "not read only" and added it manual in the multiplayer options where you can change your name, but then cs makes my cfg to a default one and I don't wanna lose setting/commands I have in my cfg as for gamma or ofc wallhack and aimbot ;)
- 3. I changed it to "microsoft words" with thinking other fonts doesn't support the ³

So if anyone have an idea I would be very thankful for help, best regards ZeRo#1
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[youtube]GayFTExPz3g[/youtube]
Cruxell
VIP

Re: Help is appreciated!

Post by Cruxell »

It might be that you have a German keyboard...
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Cruxell wrote:It might be that you have a German keyboard...
Umm but I can set the ³ as you see it and if I do it with step nr.2 then it will get shown ingame but all my settings are fucked up. (and in case it was another not needed bs reply from you, it becomes boring Kontra)
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
[email protected] *

Post by [email protected] * »

this may help:
- make your config "not read only"
- copy and paste the "config" file
- rename it "userconfig" (userconfig will contain the same commands of your config file)
- paste it into your cstrike folder
the default config already has a command which executes userconfig file, so when you launch your cs you will have the settings you wanted to keep.
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

[email protected] * wrote:this may help:
- make your config "not read only"
- copy and paste the "config" file
- rename it "userconfig" (userconfig will contain the same commands of your config file)
- paste it into your cstrike folder
the default config already has a command which executes userconfig file, so when you launch your cs you will have the settings you wanted to keep.
I copied my cfg and changed the name to userconfig, put it in the cstrike folder and now it opens cs and a loading symbol occurs which doesn't stop. :D
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

go in console type this "name nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1"
then press enter after u press enter u type this
writecfg zero
then u press enter again, everytime u join cs u type exec zero.cfg and ur name will be always the same.

u have to type it in console
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Kurza wrote:go in console type this "name nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1"
then press enter after u press enter u type this
writecfg zero
then u press enter again, everytime u join cs u type exec zero.cfg and ur name will be always the same.

u have to type it in console
3 questions:
1) Do i need to be in a server?
2) Does it work when my cfg is on "read only"?
3) My cfg is from now on then zero.cfg?

Thanks for the try to help so far, bcs am really out of ideas and asked billions of peoples.
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

u dont have to be in a server, u just open up your cs go to ur console and type

name nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1
u press enter then after u type
writecfg zero
u press enter again then after when u open ur cs u just type exec zero.cfg, it works in all ways i think, its not ur config u will just use it to change ur name to the name u want with number "3", u can still exec ur old config but it might not work with the name though.
if it works a thank will be appreciated.
These users thanked the author Kurza for the post:
ZeRo#1
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

Kurza wrote:u dont have to be in a server, u just open up your cs go to ur console and type

name nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1
u press enter then after u type
writecfg zero
u press enter again then after when u open ur cs u just type exec zero.cfg, it works in all ways i think, its not ur config u will just use it to change ur name to the name u want with number "3", u can still exec ur old config but it might not work with the name though.
if it works a thank will be appreciated.
Ok listen thank you for sure for your effort and yes ofc it is a way to save multiple commands I want to get added in then zero.cfg BUT it ends up the same as if I just go in cs where anyways my name is saved without the ³ and I could add the ³. So it would be even less effort than typing exec zero.cfg.

A solution I wanted is that I just open my game and go for an example in JB without being in need to type anything nor like exec zero.cfg or adding it every time manual in the multiplayer-options/name.

I hope you get me ^^
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

ah then try to reinstall cs, the cfg im talking about, it wont do anything it will just change ur name to ndjailblablabla, after u join cs u will just type exec zero.cfg and ur name will be changed, try this solution if it doesnt work try to reinstall cs.
J4ck
nD Developer

Post by J4ck »

In plugins i save the sma, or you can call it txt with UTF-8 without bom to show the special chars, i think its the same in config

So all you need to do is
remove read only and follow the steps ..
open your config.cfg with normal notepad,
then go to name, change it to
nD³ Jail | name

then press on save as > http://prntscr.com/kpd4w5
then change save as type to > All files
After it press on encoding > UTF-8 http://prntscr.com/kpd512

EDIT: tested and it works fine.
These users thanked the author J4ck for the post:
ZeRo#1
ZeRo#1
neonDragon Admin

Post by ZeRo#1 »

After a marathon with trying 100 things out I finally have it saved with the ³ in my cfg. My cs crashed and the only way I could stop it from doing so was to remove userconfig and to then change it like Jack/x3 said it to UFT-8 and to code it to all files.

As for you Kurza thanks a lot aswell but you still didn't got my point. My point was to open cs, to join a server without being in need to open console and to type exec zero.cfg or to type name "nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1" but hey np I will give you a thumb up button aswell.

Topic can be locked and thanks to all others who tried to help me with the prob, much apprecieated!!!
Image <--- n1 Shadi
Spoiler!
kami (GER]

Post by kami (GER] »

you could have done a key binding aswell. probably not since you couldnt change ur name and save it in the cfg aswell. lol

bind N name "zeroisanewb³"
Image Image
Kurza

Post by Kurza »

ZeRo#1 wrote:After a marathon with trying 100 things out I finally have it saved with the ³ in my cfg. My cs crashed and the only way I could stop it from doing so was to remove userconfig and to then change it like Jack/x3 said it to UFT-8 and to code it to all files.

As for you Kurza thanks a lot aswell but you still didn't got my point. My point was to open cs, to join a server without being in need to open console and to type exec zero.cfg or to type name "nD³ Jail | ZeRo#1" but hey np I will give you a thumb up button aswell.

Topic can be locked and thanks to all others who tried to help me with the prob, much apprecieated!!!
ah that was ur prob but anyways cheers.

Return to “Forum Help”