Are you interested in a 1.6 classic public server?

Poll ended at Sat Mar 21, 2015 3:54 pm

Yes
61%
No
39%

Total votes: 51
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

So for a number of years I've wanted a "normal" 1.6 public server to play on. One without respawn, fancy mods, items, levels and that sort of stuff. Just a server where you spawn, you either kill the enemy team or plant/defuse bomb to win the round. I'm surprised that we've never gone down the route of having a server like this. Especially in the past 2-3 years where all of the 'old school public' servers died off and got replaced by countless different mods.

Anyway, I just want to know if anyone else is interested in such a server so I know if I'm wasting my time trying to pursue adding one or not. Please vote + post in the topic with your opinions.
Sarah

Re: Are you interested in a 1.6 classic public server?

Post by Sarah »

A public server is a great idea, if you can do it without all the shitty rules.
Cause that is what killed the last server, it wasnt just that you could play but all the rules and requiremets that came along killed the server.
ImageImage Image
Jumps7yl3r

Post by Jumps7yl3r »

Don't invest in 1.6 anymore, going for cs go or other game platforms would seem a better.....investment in server space. My 2 cents.
Image Image
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Sarah wrote:A public server is a great idea, if you can do it without all the shitty rules.
Cause that is what killed the last server, it wasnt just that you could play but all the rules and requiremets that came along killed the server.
which rules? it'd need nD's general ruleset but don't see how a public server would need that much more?
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
Konijn
neonDragon Admin

Post by Konijn »

Sarah wrote:A public server is a great idea, if you can do it without all the shitty rules.
The only rules would be the general server rules:

5+7 may also be scrapped idk.
Jumps7yl3r wrote:Don't invest in 1.6 anymore, going for cs go or other game platforms would seem a better.....investment in server space. My 2 cents.
We have CSGO servers but no-one uses them. We have a public csgo server as well.
Shadi wrote:
which rules? it'd need nD's general ruleset but don't see how a public server would need that much more?

I played one public server where wallbanging wasn't allowed, very silly rule imo.
Shadi
neonDragon Amdin

Post by Shadi »

Konijn wrote:I played one public server where wallbanging wasn't allowed, very silly rule imo.
yeh
To be humble to superiors is duty, to equals is courtesy, to inferiors is nobility.

- Benjamin Franklin
RaBBit?

Post by RaBBit? »

I started playing 1.6 agian cause of the special mod, don't think i would spend time on the "normal" server.
If i want to play normal counter strike i would go to cs:go.

( Now a server with warcraft3 mod would be awesome :D )
Sarah

Post by Sarah »

Shadi wrote:

The last server got killed cause there where so many rules and no not the normal once where no cheta, no harass etc etec.
Just stupid rules and not just to play the game I will see if I can find it cant really remmeber now was long time ago :p
ImageImage Image
Bonkers
nD* Jail Member

Post by Bonkers »

over the years I got really bored, playing normal cs which almost made me quit the game.
I personally voted yes because diversity means lots of options to choose from, though I mainly joined this community because of the mods. In the end it's everyones own choice where to play, so why not?
Cognitive reflection means nothing less but the universe getting aware of itself.
If we both talk to eachother about cognitive reflection,
the universe talks with itself about itself, reflecting itself by itself about it's own selfreflection.
mange2

Post by mange2 »

id play on it every now and then to relax, is it gonna be all-voice chat so you can talk to the other team?
Lady J

Post by Lady J »

Ok so you already got my opinion Koni , i think a public server would be nice even thought most of the people now playing cs go , even i :P but i would absolutely play in your server :) so good luck with .
Tomato
VIP

Post by Tomato »

just dont make it so vip get stuff from nd menu pls classic
k1ngfoxxy
Former Cleaning Lady

Post by k1ngfoxxy »

Whenever I introduce friends to nD they're like "Why don't you have a public server?"

I would definitely like to see one, and I believe it would also bring more people to nD. As Bonkers said, it's all about variety. Whenever I want to play on a public server I have to go browse the server list and try to find an English one, which is a pain in the ass.

In regards to CS:GO, most of the people play competitive, and I don't see the purpose of a public server, when you can just go for casual if you like.
Also, 1.6 will never die, so yes, please, do invest in it.

BRING IT! ♥
These users thanked the author k1ngfoxxy for the post:
KyuHyunie~
big d energy
Modz

Post by Modz »

Tomato wrote:just dont make it so vip get stuff from nd menu pls classic
I agree with you about the vip,
It would be better if vip can't access the ndmenu in classic server
minna

Post by minna »

Dunno how much i would play there but if no rules, no vipstuff.. Just basic public server then sure why not. Voted yes.
These users thanked the author minna for the post:
Sarah
Theres a couple fucking junglecats out here..
I live to kill and kill to live.

Return to “Trash”