View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Sun Jan 26, 2020 1:13 pm

This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
neonDragon Admin

#1 Post Servers need your help!
Hello,

Im posting this topic, because i have been looking at some worrying numbers about the nD servers. Il give you guys a 3 year timeline, to kinda sum up the problem. Its about the player numbers on our servers. If you type ndmenu, you can see how many players are currently playing on all our 7 servers, so here is some data about that the past 3 years.

In 2009:
It was in summer 2009 our JB server started up, and in a matter of days it got so popular, that you had to wait like 5 min to join (was 32/32 all the time). But sadly around the same time our deathrun server died out :/
Moreover according to the ndmenu, the time of the day where most players were online, the ndmenu was showing 160+ players everyday. (yes 5 full servers with 32/32) And at morning time when least amount of people was on server it showed 70+ players. These players were spread out on 5 of our servers. But around winter time more players joined, and more and more players was joining the forum.

In 2010:
Around winter 2010 we started getting some server issues and serial server crashes, that took us 2 month to fix, by then our player numbers on the time of day where most players was online had fallen to 110+ and at morning time around 45+ players. Surf gungame server was starting do do shitty, and was rarely full. Moreover CS5 (which was zombie night server at that time) had completely died out so we changed it to BB (which again failed), and in the end we changed it to zombie Fun world only (which so far seems as an succes).

In 2011:
Around winter time (january - february) we started having player numbers rising again to around 130+ when most players were online, and 60+ around morningtime, but when we reached summer time we somehow began dropping in player numbers and CS4 (the empty zombie server we have) started dying out around septemper along with the surf gungame server. By then we only had around 80+ players when most players were on server, and 10+ around morning time. Basically all of our servers has had a dramatic loss of players throughout 2011 which isnt good.

As you can see player activity around these 3 years, wer facing a serious problem around summer time 2012, because we dont really have many players left. Lately ive noticed that our zombie funworld server is starting to have problems with players joining, but on the bright side we brought life back to surf server and speedrun doing pretty well along with the assault server. Problem with that tho is, that those 3 servers is kind of sucking out players from jailbreak and the zombie server. So to say it short, wer fucked if we dont do something soon. Im not overreacting or anything, because the player data ive gathered through those 3 years shows that out player numbers are going one direction. Down, and i fear that around summer time we will end up with several dead servers.

The 3 years ive talked about has 1 thing in common, that is that player numbers always drop around summer time (most likely because players has exams etc..), and is rising around winter time. So we have to do something in those months wer in, where most players are playing cs.

Therefore im asking everyone in this community to help saving the servers. We basically need more regulars on server, more players who will come back. Therefore we need you to help us with this.

There are several ways you can make players stay/add server to favorite, and that is by socializing with the players. Ive recently meet a couple of nonsteamers on the assault server, who says that they are playing there often, which means that the servers has potential. So we need to get players to add the server to their favorite list, so they will come back again, and make our player numbers rise again, after years of bad pogress on the servers. HLstatsX shows, that we have around 150-200 new players joining our server each day, so if everyone was in with this with making them stay, we could be as lucky to get 3-5 new players to the server everyday. It dosent sound like much, but in the long term you can really see the effects of that. If we just made 3 players come back more often our servers, you can do the math, what will happen after a month, and yea thats alot of players.

So these are the things you can do:
This goes for steam & nonsteamers.

If you join the server, when not many on the server, and if you notice any new players, try talk to them.
There are 3 easy steps you can try out on the new players, wether they are nonsteamers or not.

Step 1. Get their attention. Ask them if they are new on the server, and which country they come from.
You: "Hey, you new on the server?"
You: "Where u from?"
If they dont answer, you just leave them alone, since they most likely dont understand you (could be they dunno english). And if they tell you that they have been on the server before, also leave them alone (since it might be that a guy did these steps on him before)
If they do answer back, you go to step 2, and if they come from the same country as you, speak in your common language in the next 2 steps.

Step 2. Ask if they are having fun. Tell them about the server features like hlstats/achievements/toplist. Ask them what they think of the server, and if their impression of the server is positive you go to step 3.
If they dislike the server, leave them alone.

Step 3. Ask them if they want to come back to the server, give them our server ip and tell them to add it to their favorite. That way they are most likely to come back, and we just gained one more players, with good english, who likes the server, and what can be better than that?

Now if all those 3 steps has succeded, and you start noticing that the player is joining everyday or so, you try invite him over to the forum, and motivate the player to make a presentation thread.

Moreover if the player is a steam player, try get him on friendlist, so you have more people you can invite over to our servers when we fill a server forexample.

Ofc, you might know other ways of getting players attention, but the whole point of this, is to give the players a good first impression of the servers. If they get a positive experience by you talking nice to them, they will most likely come back, which is what we need.
Also in general, it would be nice to have a good atmosphere around the server, because things like fights, punishments etc.. are things that really scares players away. If you see some guys fighting over something, try stop them and try bring peace between them if your able to.

Moreover changing the dead servers to something else, wont really solve much, since the new mods/servers needs to be filled aswell. So right now we only got these servers to work with, since we have a history of +8 failed server mods (sentry, zombie+fun maps, WC3, deathrun, gungame, DM, surf DM, fun server, and the list goes on...).

So members and regulars of neonDragon, we need your help to do this, so if you have an interrest of restoring the popularity of neonDragon, please help us get some players back on the servers. Take this post as an inspiration to how you can get players attention and get them to favorite the servers. If you got other method that seems to work good, share it with us so we can use it ourselves.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 6:56 pm

#2 Post Re: Servers need your help!
I think a big probelm on jailbreak is the regulars, like SiX PaCker.
Nothing offence but peoples like him is totally destroying the gameplay on this server.
Take a look at hes reports he's taking a screenshot on every signle word you say, We are all knowledged that using a bad language isn't allowed,
but when do you really use words like " fuck you ", " retard ". It's when you get frekilled ( obvious )
It's when a CT kills you, And that CT wont admit hes misstake cuse he think's "hes right"
There for we need members to take action on situations like this :!:
With other words member's should pay a little more attention to the game..
I've seen many times a commader completly fails and frekill loads of terrorist, and member doesn't even notice,
even tho you spam the chat.
And when no one is doing something about it, you simple start to harass.

And ofcourse members can't be online every single second on jailbreak, And I can understand that.

BUT
Lets say a situation like i typed above happends, I don't see why there should be a guy that is going to take a screenshot when you are saying " fucking retard or stupid idiot go fuck yourself ", Insted of taking this screenshot, the regulars can tell this guy to calm down. We dont need a messenger boy that is going to take a screen shot of this and collect proofs with like 30+ screenshot's when some1 is saying " fuck you ". I dont see it fair of getting banned cuse you call someone " fucking idiot " just cuse that guy frekilled you....

And yeah sometimes you do want to teamattack as CT, Just shoot 2-3 bullets on him, Or you want to play around cuse the CT's doesn't need your help. And for that we don't need any1 to take a DEMO and record that. Cuse moste of the regulars are on strike 2, and when you get a report like this viewtopic.php?f=68&t=13714, and lets say hes on strike 2 and gets banned ---> You loose a player from the nD community :!:

There is member's that can tell this guy to stop play around. And if no member is in the game, Tell them on steam to join insted of taking a demo and report...

And 1 thing admin's can think about aswell is
If some1 reports a guy that's saying " fuck you " on 10 screenshot, Go think how is this player in general, Maybe this guy doesnt swear that often but in some case he does.
So insted of banning this guy add him on steam and tell him to change hes behaviour cuse it's starting to cross the line..

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:11 pm

#3 Post Re: Servers need your help!
As for the other thing you posted about members not paying attention. I agree and do catch myself not always watching what is happening. So yes I'll try to pay a little bit more attention, but also remember people need to learn to command, if i switch every failing new commander then there will never be progress.

Last edited by Jellow on Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:41 pm

#4 Post Re: Servers need your help!
Zone~ Let me tell you somethings.
rules aren't there for nothing.
calling players for fucking retards or go fuck yourself is a kinda aggresive behaviour.
and saying fuck you to players without any reasons is cursing that player and I don't see that as a very good behaviour either.
and you're maybe right that I report to many, but if you would dislike these I reported you would never have made this thread.
but now it's the way you like them and disliking me.
and if someone provokes me for weeks in every game I am in, of course I take proof of the lamest things as long as it is strikeworthy if you have alot of it.
I never report peoples who I like or are neutral too, only players who I have had enought of.
so don't come with that I ruin the game when it is they and their behaviours which is ruining it for me and for someothers.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:50 pm

#5 Post Re: Servers need your help!
SiX wrote:
calling players for fucking retards or go fuck yourself is a kinda aggresive behaviour.
and saying fuck you to players without any reasons is cursing that player and I don't see that as a very good behaviour either.
and you're maybe right that I report to many, but if you would dislike these I reported you would never have made this thread.
and if someone provokes me for weeks in every game I am in, of course I take proof of the lamest things as long as it is strikeworthy if you have alot of it.
I never report peoples who I like or are neutral too, only players who I have had enought of.
so don't come with that I ruin the game when it is they and their behaviours which is ruining it for me and for someothers.

No1 starts to harass without a reason, If someone does I suggest that guy to search help.
There's alwase a reason to why someone harass.

And SiX packer for real?
you reported EDIIH, I dont even like EDIIH.
I still made this theard.
So dont act like you know me like that...

And yes i'm telling you players like you is ruining the game, cuse guys like you are ruining the game.
But you just need to see that yourself.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:13 pm

#6 Post Re: Servers need your help!
zoNe~ wrote:
SiX wrote:

No1 starts to harass without a reason, If someone does I suggest that guy to search help.
There's alwase a reason to why someone harass.

And SiX packer for real?
you reported EDIIH, I dont even like EDIIH.
I still made this theard.
So dont act like you know me like that...

And yes i'm telling you players like you is ruining the game, cuse guys like you are ruining the game.
But you just need to see that yourself.

What do you really want?
listen: I didn't report ediih, it was bixsit.
and I have searched help many, many times but I came to the conclusion that they didn't stop.
the only way to make them stop is to report them.
the Jail [Ban] section aren't there to be empty.
and am I annoying when I tell players the rules? when I tell them that you can't do a last reaction kill me when there is 6 t's alive.
a small minigame which would have eliminated 5 ts.
and Yes, the reason why players is harassing me / harassed me was because I made a fool of myself in the beginning but that doesn't make them allowed to fuck with me and act like a stuck-up cow.
Everyone deserves a chance to change themself. and I have tried but players like spaxor there you see is just enought.
I tried everything and I came to the conclusion that the only way to make them stop is throught a report.
and Harassing is never allowed, not even during that you being freekilled or teamkilled.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:21 pm
neonDragon Admin

#7 Post Re: Servers need your help!

Ok guys time-out. The thread is about helping the servers being more popular and not about personal beefs between zone and six packer. Handle it in private if you must.

--> Moving on

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:29 pm

#8 Post Re: Servers need your help!
edit uhu: content deleted. Next time it's a forum ban.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:34 pm

#9 Post Re: Servers need your help!
Well, Pukata I can try to make players having fun on nD Jailbreak and hopefully make them stay. ''at least try to''

Wed Feb 15, 2012 9:42 pm

#10 Post Re: Servers need your help!
The problem with JB is that most of the commanders are very boring. All they know is doing last reactions, simon says, making people crouch all the time and being lame like tricking people or killing for slightest error. I'm trying to set an example when I command because the "new commanders" watch other people command and now they only see these laming. I never use simon whenever it's really needed and I also avoid doing last reactions unless you quickly just need to eliminate 1-2. But experienced/fun commanders are needed in JB to make the game more fun and it's up to us members to set an example. I'm gonna try to command more often and try to come with more fun games to do than the usual ones in JB in hope that they are used more often. I hope other experienced commanders can do that aswell so the next generation of commanders can learn from us.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:21 pm
neonDragon Admin

#11 Post Re: Servers need your help!
Note that im speaking the servers in general. Jb is hard to make people stay, but servers like assault and surf, where new players are joining constantly, you got the highest chance of making atleast one player stay.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 10:46 pm

#12 Post Re: Servers need your help!
Pukata wrote:
Note that im speaking the servers in general. Jb is hard to make people stay, but servers like assault and surf, where new players are joining constantly, you got the highest chance of making atleast one player stay.

Yes I know but I replied in JB's perspective since it's a part of the nD servers and it's the server I know the best to give my point of view about the situation there.

Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:14 pm

#13 Post Re: Servers need your help!
Well one thing is, I feel you got the DD2 server wrong. This is what i've noticed about popular dd2 servers, first of all - everybody must start with 16k and everytime the round ends everyone money goes back to 16k. Put all the stupid plugins that people like on it, like "DOUBLE KILLLLLL" You need much more fun members, for instance I would nominate Footsteps [QuickSilver] to be a fun member because he attracts people into the server.

Also the servers are not active all day round. Players like to wake up at anytime and see people playing, not waiting a few hours to finally see 1-2 players joining that will just make them find a new server. The zombie servers and all that should be active 24/7.. how to reach this? I'm really not sure, but I think the regulars should give up some of their time to play a lot on the servers just so people stick around. Assault is doing pretty well, East Clubber is holding that down, could be a bit more active but still its pretty active and hardly see any bots anymore.

Jail is active, I know for sure if more people knew about JailBreak it would require nD to have two Jailbreak servers. When I first started playing Jail its was the best thing ever, and I still find it fun but now it depends more on who is at the server. Tell your friends about Jail!! it is the most fun thing on CS right now especially for someone who doesn't play PCW's as much as before.

Edit - I'm going to try do a little video, explaining jailbreak and how to rebel or how to play as CT. Just to try and attract people, with voice over and all that. I'll try get that done see what happens. Also i'll talk about the general community.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 8:39 am
neonDragon Admin

#14 Post Re: Servers need your help!
I think you guys got it wrong. This topic was about how we KEEP the players that acutally joins the servers... like on assault, zm and surf. Improving the servers is a whole other topic.. Jailbreak gets most of its players from our other servers, so if the surf,assault and zombie server does shitty, itl have a direct effect on jailbreak. This topic is about making more regulars in this community, so that everytime we invite nD people over to a server, we dont empty another server. I always notice how jailbreak goes empty when we fill assault, and thats the whole point of this topic, get more players on all the servers.

We got 150-200 new ppl connecting to surf, assault and the zm servers (hlstats only tracks those servers), so would be abit nice to keep some of those. Jailbreak is not included in those 150-200, and i doubt many new players joins the jailbreak server... so put ur focus on the other servers that feeds the jailbreak server, and has trouble.

From what i know of, some fun members and regulars has been working for this for a while on the assault server, and has managed to get some nonsteam regulars to stay on the assault server. Its that what we want to do, instead of complaining about how shitty the server are.. try make some NEW players stay on assault, surf and zombie servers.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 9:02 am

#15 Post Re: Servers need your help!
There is one think you could add that i think many people would love!
Like in the JB server, when you die you get the chance of becoming a ghost so you can walk around and explore the map and you wont be bored.
I think you should add the ghost plugin to the Surf server, because if you die in Surf (enter the server) you have to sit and wait X amount of time before the new round starts and that causes MANY people to leave :?: . And in the meantime they could just surf around as ghost's until a new round would start.

Thu Feb 16, 2012 10:41 am
This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.   [ 47 posts ]  Go to page 1, 2, 3, 4  Next