View unanswered posts | View active topics | There are 5 pending strikelist reports It is currently Tue Jul 23, 2019 6:52 pm

Reply to topic  [ 12 posts ] 
nD** Runner Member

#1 Post Register System
Hello!

Today i bring an idea that might help:
The majority of the players don't have Steam ID/Static IP, they don't enjoy playing as the steamers do because their stats reset, a lot of players asking how to save the Rank without steam, they want to have more fun with us especially collecting achievements which is very fun and wonderful at the same time, we have to share fun with them, it should be something save the stats without steam ID/Static IP so i suggest Register System for that, like this we will have a lot of players enjoy playing in our community, this thing might help.

This plugin already exists:
Register System V9.0 by m0skVi4a ;]
when you type /reg on chat a menu will pop-up then:
Spoiler: show

You can login to your account through name & password so when you connect with that nickname it prompts your password, no one can use that nickname, so i suggest to remove the nickname from login's method and leave the password as well i suggest to save the stats on every server when the player register so the player don't need to register 2 times.

FAQ:
- Why they don't have steam or static IP?
+ Everyone has his own conditions.
- It will become unfair when she/he uses scripts/hacks.
+ we will try our best to catch the hackers/scripters as we do now in addition they will get ban on the account so they can't use the rank... it helps to catch evaders too.
- Does this help the community?
+ Ofc, it will attract a lot of players because they can save stats.

Wed Nov 01, 2017 11:16 pm
nD* Jail Member

#2 Post Re: Register System
i really like the idea and here is what i think about it :

Pro's

totally agreed ! i've seen a lot of players asking how to save their cash / gamble and check their ranks , they feel left out when they can't participate in the achievements as [email protected] mentioned and most of them feel bad about it ( i know the feeling when i used nonsteam too )
this is a great idea and would defenitely boost the players activity/numbers However there is lot of cons to this

Con's
the poeple who will register with this system will have a fixed name that no one else can use , probably names that nD regulars are using which will cause a problem in addition to the abuse that some people will without a doubt do : creat too many passwords to too many names either because their previous name had bad rank/stats or they just want to change their name again which will result in a lot of names taken and a alot of profiles created which is very bad

Conclusion :
the main idea of giving the possibility to the nonsteamers( poeple without a static IP/ID ) should definitely be looked into I just don't think that this system is really the solution .
as long as every player gets permission for only one name/password each that they have to request in the forum ( given by admins ) that saves their stats/rank/cash and all . If they decide to change the name/password they have to contact the forum admins again ( same as changing forum name ) might be something good to look into ( accounts can only created by admins after a request in forum / already used names are not allowed...ect )

Last edited by baby on Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:02 am, edited 2 times in total.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:49 am

#3 Post Re: Register System
I have a question!
Since your VALVE ID keeps changing, won't your password change to?

Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:50 am
nD** Runner Member

#4 Post Re: Register System
baby wrote:
i really like the idea and here is what i think about it :

Pro's

totally agreed ! i've seen a lot of players asking how to save their cash / gamble and check their ranks , they feel left out when they can't participate in the achievements as [email protected] mentioned and most of them feel bad about it ( i know the feeling when i used nonsteam too )
this is a great idea and would defenitely boost the players activity/numbers However there is lot of cons to this

Con's
the poeple who will register with this system will have a fixed name that no one else can use , probably names that nD regulars are using which will cause a problem in addition to the abuse that some people will without a doubt do : creat too many passwords to too many names either because their previous name had bad rank/stats or they just want to change their name again which will result in a lot of names taken and a alot of profiles created which is very bad

Conclusion :
the main idea of giving the possibility to the nonsteamers( poeple without a static IP/ID ) should definitely be looked into I just don't think that this system is really the solution .
as long as every player gets permission for only one name/password each that they have to request in the forum ( given by admins ) that saves their stats/rank/cash and all . If they decide to change the name/password they have to contact the forum admins again ( same as changing forum name ) might be something good to look into ( accounts can only created by admins after a request in forum / already used names are not allowed...ect )

good idea too but you cant change your name unless otherwise when you contact an admin.
as i mentioned if they can do some Edits, the log-in should be with the password only so you can use different names.

Ta Ka wrote:
I have a question!

you don't need the valve ID, you need just a password, your data will be saved on your password not in the name or the ID

Thu Nov 02, 2017 1:34 am

#5 Post Re: Register System
as i mentioned if they can do some Edits, the log-in should be with the password only so you can use different names.
Ta Ka wrote:
I have a question!

you don't need the valve ID, you need just a password, your data will be saved on your password not in the name or the ID
This is a huge flaw, players are bound to use the same passwords, I sure wouldn't use any of my proper passwords on something like this, I'd use "password123" or similar, how do you know who is who?
That is unless you are generating each players password when they register.

To be honest something like this might be more useful to use the website for.
Bare with me, this is just off the top of my head.

To save stats to their new ID (non steam), a user has to:
- Login to their forum account.
- Go to an "update/connect" page.
This should be it from the players part.

I guess they can't connect the same way we do with the "steam//:connect" link else that could be handled there I guess.

Then:

- Website logs IP (already does).
- Fetch player IP and new ID (after connecting to server).
- Update with the new ID.
- Save stats(?)

Sorry for a bit of a messy post.
Basically it boils down to that the forum account will be the thing that keeps track on them when they change ID and they will have to log in there before they play to make sure the stats are being saved.

I'm no programmer and I know very little about this, of course some problems come with this and it would require quite a lot of work so it might not be worth it in the end.
Just a thought.

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:49 am
nD** Runner Member

#6 Post Re: Register System
alright, let us combine ideas now.
if the player want to save his stats he should register on forum ( a topic where you can post private posts. just admins can see the posts ) with username and password, he should pick a random username and the nickname in-game doesn't matter so to login he should type the username and the password means that he should log-in like facebook... with username and a password and the nickname isn't type of login's method.
so the admins need to remove registration through in-game and changing login's method to username and password without the nickname, with this method they can change their nicknames.

Sent from my PGN611 using Tapatalk

Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:37 am

#7 Post Re: Register System
been suggested before, prolly look up the reasons why it was declined and give a decent counter argument to it.

nD is kinda like my Grandma, it's way beyond its experation date, mentally it's reached childhood again and it sometimes soils itself. But it just won't die.
-Jellow

Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:17 pm

#8 Post Re: Register System
I know this plugin since I saw it on a server in the past.

I think its a bad idea since you can abuse names from others with this plugin. I prefer the idea from kakao which is a pretty good suggestion also to give non-steamers who cant afford cs on steam a chance to save their stats. Maybe the admins can create something like this.

Sat Nov 04, 2017 10:33 pm
nD* Jail Member

#9 Post Re: Register System
there is also another suggestion , we can have a plugin in the server that does this :

- if you are a nonsteamer it will ask you to type in your number to connect you with cash/stats/ranks that were saved to your account . a number is ( like kakao's idea ) an ID that is given to you once you login into our forum

-if you don't have a number then you can just press exit

- if you are a steamer then just press exit

a second suggestion :

-we can have a bank plugin where you creat an account / password and send in your cash/save stats&ranks . everyone can use the bank system to save his money
( this idea has alot of cons&pros ) but surely worth looking into

PS: all of these are variations of the same idea & only an admin/programer would know the right way to go

Sat Nov 04, 2017 11:01 pm

#10 Post Re: Register System
wont happen admins cant even add new skins to the servers let alone plugins due to space or sommet, mans still rocking gamebernard skins from 2k5 n maps from 1993 cause servers are so unstable they finna crash if the maps got more than 3 cells in it, nice idea but wont happen sry bruv

Sun Nov 05, 2017 12:56 am
Friend of the Community

#11 Post Re: Register System
freeda_khala wrote:
servers are so unstable they finna crash if the maps got more than 3 cells in it

Not gonna like this part made me smile.

Anyway, to comment on it - it very much depends on what the addon does, a lot of checks and codes can be added in ways that they add no stress to the server. Models on the other hand can be tricky once in a while, far from THAT limited though.

- Benjamin Franklin

Sun Nov 05, 2017 2:32 am
Coder

#12 Post Re: Register System
A proper register system is hard to make for some reasons,
I don't know why but I had serious issues with it in the past..

But a decent one is simple,
1. Steam players
- Can just choose team, client stats will be connected with his steamid

2. Nonsteam players:
- Register will need 'Username' & 'Password' (Or 4 digits), client IP will be saved, and maybe the 'username' on the client-side to..
- If nonsteamer isn't auto-logged in by the system, he would go directly to 'spectate' and have the option to 'Skip account', register or login.
and after the client choosed, register, logged in, ... he can choose team and play the game.

- Skip is needed for people that have a static 'ValveID' and don't need to be bothered with the system.
- Some simple 'digit'-security with countdowns if they type wrong digits few time and so..

2.1 Nonsteamer joins with same IP and username in client-side, load his stats depending on his 'RegisterID'
2.2 Nonsteamer joins with different IP, and has an username in client-side, just let him type password and ready to go..
2.3 Client is wiped, he can register, login or skip.

Grtz,
Xalus

Running projects
  • Terrorist Games (Lastrequest / T-Game) #Jailbreak
  • Fundays #Jailbreak
  • Bounty #Jailbreak

Thu Nov 16, 2017 8:09 pm
Reply to topic   [ 12 posts ]