View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sun Sep 15, 2019 3:01 pm


Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#2 (ISO #1)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[in]
Upon death of a player, will you say which of the two mafia he was member of, or just "mafia"?

Thu Aug 11, 2016 7:52 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#53 (ISO #2)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Vanillager three times in a row fml.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:01 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#63 (ISO #3)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
SweedyGonzales wrote:
OMGOMGOMG!!!!
I'm a normal villager for once! :3

Random Vote:
[Vote K0ntRa]

<3333333


wlc to the club :(

Thu Aug 18, 2016 6:26 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#65 (ISO #4)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
HATER wrote:
If you do not choose a base power by the end of Round 2, you will simply keep the Immunity base power for the rest of the game.


Does that also apply to the mafia? If yes then this can be abused on purpose: stay with immunity until R2 and then change into something else.



I think it's meant to be that way.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 7:01 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#100 (ISO #5)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
So r00d mr. mafia-two-out-of-two-times

Sat Aug 20, 2016 1:30 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#120 (ISO #6)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Been busy lately, and still am, so I'm probably going to be a bit quieter this game.
About the game; I don't think random voting will do as much good as everyone participating has played WW before. Although, having 8/17 mafia has it's bright side too, if we vote someone randomly, the chances of him being mafia are 47.06%. We've gotta lynch or else we lose the game, so I say we vote out somebody new or mostly AFK.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 7:42 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#125 (ISO #7)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[vote Voro's]
hi

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:34 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#126 (ISO #8)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
NumBle wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Been busy lately, and still am, so I'm probably going to be a bit quieter this game.
About the game; I don't think random voting will do as much good as everyone participating has played WW before. Although, having 8/17 mafia has it's bright side too, if we vote someone randomly, the chances of him being mafia are 47.06%. We've gotta lynch or else we lose the game, so I say we vote out somebody new or mostly AFK.

Thing is, we don't lynch, mafias shoot people and we lose 2 villagers. I personally am willing to risk those 47.06% of lynching a mafia rather than just no lynch the heck outta of this game. It would even prove useful to create random bandwagons to see who's protecting who and how can that be of correlation between those players. Odds are either they know what are their roles or are related(mafia).



Yeah that's what I said in the last couple of sentences.

@HATER, will everybody who haven't made a grp by the end of this round be modkilled, or will they be given another chance?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:37 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#142 (ISO #9)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
*Sigh*
I'm not gonna be online 3-4 hours before round end, so I'll [vote Panda] now. The thing is, it's tied between SiX and Panda at the moment (Panda would be lynched anyway but still) and I doubt it will change significantly as the round ends soon. I'd prefer that Panda gets lynched because he is new (played only 1 game prior to this if I'm not mistaken) and has only 1 grp (game-related post) other than the first post [in]. We've gotta lynch somebody and better be an AFK guy then a pro and a nazi.

The problem about this game is that there's not 2 (main) teams as usual, instead there's 3 which makes it very tricky for the villies to spot voting patterns. Hypothetically, if Panda flipped mafia, we won't be able to trust people who voted him anything more than we trust them now. As far we know, they might be mafia too.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 8:54 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#144 (ISO #10)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
NumBle wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
*Sigh*
I'm not gonna be online 3-4 hours before round end, so I'll [vote Panda] now. The thing is, it's tied between SiX and Panda at the moment (Panda would be lynched anyway but still) and I doubt it will change significantly as the round ends soon. I'd prefer that Panda gets lynched because he is new (played only 1 game prior to this if I'm not mistaken) and has only 1 grp (game-related post) other than the first post [in]. We've gotta lynch somebody and better be an AFK guy then a pro and a nazi.

The problem about this game is that there's not 2 (main) teams as usual, instead there's 3 which makes it very tricky for the villies to spot voting patterns. Hypothetically, if Panda flipped mafia, we won't be able to trust people who voted him anything more than we trust them now. As far we know, they might be mafia too.

Wait a sec... home come Panda would be lynched anyway? You do realize that the round only ends in the next 7 hours (give or take). That's more than enough for anyone else to build up a bandwagon + since mafias have access to con man, politian and vote savant odds are that they lynch whoever they want.

It's less than 7 hours, and most of that time is gonna be night hours while most of the poeple (if not all) here are Europeans. Also, the game hasn't been too spicy until now, so I doubt that we will have a good target within the next 7 hours.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:33 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#151 (ISO #11)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 11:06 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#171 (ISO #12)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.



"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...
[Vote K0ntra] :/


Once again, we had to lynch somebody, and I know that Panda isn't the only one who hasn't talked a lot, but I chose to vote him because I honestly doubt he would be active a lot in the future.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:16 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#172 (ISO #13)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
Also Emziek seems to be very quiet.


Emziek was quiet last game too. He was mafia, but still...

Mon Aug 22, 2016 8:18 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#178 (ISO #14)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Spoiler: show
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Rainboy wrote:
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.


No new player is that bad (with the exception of Leo) that he will reveal himself accidentally.
Rainboy wrote:
it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading.

And by that you mean people who can actually contribute something to the game? For instance, Panda has made only post since the start of the game, which consists of 2-3 words. SiX is an experienced player who will certainly discuss a lot.
It seems to me that you misunderstood me a bit, firstly I voted Panda because he is AFK, not new. Okay, I did write "new" as well, but I meant new as "noobish". The round ends soon and it's becoming clear that either Panda, SiX or WaywardVole is gonna be lynched. Either we vote out somebody who we cannot really expect to contribute a lot to the game - or a pro who will most likely talk a lot. I don't know about you, but I'd rather go with the first option. Rainboy, you have a valid point that Panda is easier to read etc..., but I personally prefer to keep someone active and experienced in the game.
We've gotta lynch somebody - lynching nobody is a bad idea since we wouldn't get any leads whatsoever on people if we would do so.
TL;DR, Somebody has to go, and I wouldn't mind if that somebody would be Panda who has made only one post since the start of the game.



"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...
[Vote K0ntra] :/

Once again, we had to lynch somebody, and I know that Panda isn't the only one who hasn't talked a lot, but I chose to vote him because I honestly doubt he would be active a lot in the future.


I understand your R1 lynch targets were the afks right ?

Yes, isolation.php?tid=26498&pid=8202

Mon Aug 22, 2016 10:18 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#189 (ISO #15)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
SiX wrote:
Quote:
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: Its curious how the styx wagoon took off only 2 hours before the round end
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: and that Sweedy, first person to vote panda was shot


Shooting the first person to vote you (mafia), is rarely a thing in neonDragon WW. It's calling unattracted attention to you, as in: "Oh? Someone voted you? Explain why he's dead now." - Killing such a person would be ideal for the Mafia, but precisely because it's ideal, they rarely do it. With 4 members in the Mafia team, and looking at the current player list, I'd assume the players are experienced enough not to risk something like this. Unless this, of course, isn't reversed psychology to
make me think this way. But I doubt it. I'm not denying Panda is Mafia. He could very well be. But he's not of the Mafia team who killed Sweedygonzales.

A thought that crossed my mind is that you, Emziek, may be on Mafia team X (with Panda either being Town or Mafia Y) and decided to shoot Sweedygonzales to frame Panda.

[Vote Emziek]


This is far fetched and not much to go on, it could very easily be reverse psychology

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:49 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#190 (ISO #16)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
About the last paragraph, could be true, maybe, but what makes U so sure emziek is mafia and not some other player who voted for Styx?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 1:53 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#196 (ISO #17)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
K0ntRa wrote:
Voting out AFKs is a waste of lynch IMO. Plus, it's extremely risky (25% - 75%). I don't think I will vote for an AFK guy... ever.

This game the chances are 47%, not 25% which is twice more.

Also in that game from which you quoted what I said people wanted to lynch an AFK guy just because of being AFK IIRC, there wasn't a bandwagon on anyone else, this game it's different - either AFK or not AFK. I don't see why this is suspicious to some.

I admit, it's an interesting idea you came up with, but if I was you, I would've waited to see if SiX will flip inno or mafia.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:30 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#197 (ISO #18)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Who are Xen and Kaebbel btw?

Mon Aug 22, 2016 4:46 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#200 (ISO #19)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Lawliet wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
K0ntRa wrote:
Voting out AFKs is a waste of lynch IMO. Plus, it's extremely risky (25% - 75%). I don't think I will vote for an AFK guy... ever.

This game the chances are 47%, not 25% which is twice more.

Also in that game from which you quoted what I said people wanted to lynch an AFK guy just because of being AFK IIRC, there wasn't a bandwagon on anyone else, this game it's different - either AFK or not AFK. I don't see why this is suspicious to some.

I admit, it's an interesting idea you came up with, but if I was you, I would've waited to see if SiX will flip inno or mafia.


what I understand from that quote is that you're against voting afks in general.. you said it, it's a waste of lynch. "Plus, it's risky."


Listen, last game was different. People were going after an AFK guy, and there were very little votes on other players. They were going after him simply because he was AFK so that's why I wrote I won't be voting for him or any other AFKs under same circumstances in the last game. This game, it's either an AFK guy or an active one. Quite simple in my opinion.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:05 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#211 (ISO #20)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Quote:
Ok, let me get this straight: In a previous game, a majority of people were voting for an afk guy. Their reasoning was, given zero information, lynch the afks. You stood up for the afks. This game, a majority of people were voting for an afk guy. You are supporting this, as given zero information you should lynch the afks.


I still don't think that everybody understands me. Last game was different. Last game people were voting ONLY for an afk guy, simply because he's afk. This game Panda (afk) and SiX (active) were tied for lynch. I cannot understand how you people don't understand this. Jeez. Also, even if I hadn't voted for Panda, and the bw on Styx didn't happen Panda would be lynched anyway.
We should be focusing on the bw on Styx, instead of supporting some far-fetched theories. At least wait until SiX dies and his alignment is revealed.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:32 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#213 (ISO #21)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Cant be arsed to reply to trolls.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:06 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#217 (ISO #22)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
Also if someone was poisoned, what would be the best course of action to carry out?


In case random.org hates that someone too and he is vanilla, and hasn't picked a base power yet, he will have immunity at the end of this round because new base power will take effect only one round after (I think). In case he's not an immune vanillager, it would be a sound strategy to publicly ask the doctor to protect you. You don't have much to lose, you'll die if you don't ask him.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:35 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#230 (ISO #23)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
@Everybody, lynching me is a bad idea.
I'd like the three smartheads to explain and say why exactly did they vote me, after I've explained them the difference between this game and the previous one.
Last game = Everybody was voting an AFK guy. Only one reason was given = AFK. I saw this completely unnecessary so I tried to save that guy from being lynched.
This game = It was TIED between an AFK player (Panda) and an active one (SiX). I thought that if I hadn't voted Panda the chances of SiX being lynched would be dramatically increased. Who knows what could have happened after.

Basically, my policy is to NOT lynch AFKs simply because they're AFK. But, should it come to a situation like this one, I'd rather vote an AFK guy than active guy.
I've said this all many times, and yeah, I'm saying it again in hope that someone will understand what I'm talking about.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:40 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#231 (ISO #24)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[vote Rainboy]

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:41 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#232 (ISO #25)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
One more thing;

NumBle wrote:
The fact that this time you're against your own strategy gives off a smelly smell.. [Vote K0ntra]

I'm not against my strategy. I admit, they are similar but not the same. Just please read what I wrote in the last post.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 8:43 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#237 (ISO #26)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[vote no lynch]
Just trying to save my ass :3

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:24 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#239 (ISO #27)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[vote Lawliet]

Tue Aug 23, 2016 9:52 pm Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#383 (ISO #28)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
HATER wrote:
[kill Donald Dump, Lynched R2]

I bet none of you WW pros didn't get lynched twice in one game... :dance: :mrgreen:

Sun Aug 28, 2016 7:53 am Profile Send private message

Joined: Mon Nov 09, 2015 7:14 pm
#420 (ISO #29)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
ggwp, gonna be quieter next game :(
@Ultor, you asked who was roelblocked r1, well it was me

Mon Aug 29, 2016 8:10 am Profile Send private message
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.