View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Oct 16, 2019 4:18 pm

User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#41 (ISO #1)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[in]
May God have mercy on us all.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 3:36 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#44 (ISO #2)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[out]
Go to blazes you son of a gun.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:01 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#45 (ISO #3)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[in]

WELL I GUESS WE'RE GONNA DO THIS ANYWAY.

p.s. - 17 has a 7 in it. I approve.

Wed Aug 17, 2016 4:02 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#67 (ISO #4)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Alrighty. Here's my current thoughts on things:

First, I disagree with Emz. Immunity is bad on vanillagers to have for the whole game, but it can be EXTREMELY useful to check the infector. Without immunity, two infectors could wreak havoc on the game. Honestly, without the addition of the two free rounds of Immunity, I would be calling OP on the sheer amount of poison the mafia can pump out.

Normal villagers should strongly consider keeping immunity for the first round or two. I won't try to tell you that keeping it is hands down better, because that really depends on how you value the two. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to trade the potential for the cop to get a bad peek VS the potential for the mafia to poison you. Plus, since Immunity IS actually good on PRs and Mafia, a Don peeking you really has no idea who you are, thus denying some information to the mafia as well.

So, now that's out of the way...

Politician: Meh. I don't want to recommend that a villager pick this up, but with the sheer amount of voting block the mafia comprise (especially with Con Man, and multiple base powers), it's probably wise to have someone take this... we could get pretty screwed late game if we can't comprise a decent voting block.

Soothsayer: Don't take this, in general. Exception: you're the cop, or you think there's a particularly high chance you will get killed early (and want to continue to help the village out).

Poison: Pretty useful to have for a normal villager. Gives us a chance to fight a mafia team who specs into lynch control, as the vig alone probably isn't enough to deal with that.

Brutal: Again, if you're not the Cop, don't take this. The chances of knowing who a mafia is when you die is going to be low. The chance of knowing a mafia who's not going to die to crap the next round is even lower. Cop has an outside chance of knowing stuff, but there's still probably better options to help him survive.

Immunity: Great on literally every PR. I mean, who doesn't like roleblock and poison immunity? Especially great on cop since he doesn't need to worry about screwing his own peek over. In fact, Immunity is my top choice for cop.

Fortitude: Situational. I don't know how I feel about it. There's two mafia shots to worry about, but it doesn't stop hitman or infector.

Spiritborne: We shouldn't have more than one. That said, very useful since I don't recommend the cop to have Soothsayer.

Blast Shield: One of the most useful things I can imagine for normal villagers. Utility and protection.

Vote Savant: Great for a couple normal villagers to have. Second best things I can imagine after Blast Shield.

Insight: Also useful to have one or two of in the village. Seems a little less useful to me since there are just flat out SO MANY MAFIA in the game. It is, however, info and info is always welcome.

Hinder: Now here's an interesting choice. Gotta be careful with it, but a three shot roleblock is VERY interesting, especially to a normal villager who can keep Immunity for a couple rounds while he figures out who to use it on.

Overall, this game seems quite balanced. You can't screw yourself too bad with any choice, though some do obviously make more sense on certain roles than others.

Thu Aug 18, 2016 9:45 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#71 (ISO #5)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Thank you, Hater, for showing me the error of my ways. Lime green is, in truth, the best color in the universe and making people (particularly, in this case, the host) edit every last one of my future posts will serve to provide ample entertainment for my needs. You have my undying gratitude, my friend.

@Numble - I consider Vote Savant absolutely fine if you treat it like you don't have it. If you actually need it, it'll stack up for you.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 2:40 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#82 (ISO #6)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Styx wrote:
can i claim? i will claim cos im an idiot hmu kk bby?

also i have no idea what im doing


There's a bloody guide from me complete with full comments from numble. Go read, you lazy draven.

Fri Aug 19, 2016 8:10 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#102 (ISO #7)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Mage: When GERTY recoloring has a higher character count than the rest of the thread, it's time to stop.

[vote SiX]

Sat Aug 20, 2016 3:12 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#106 (ISO #8)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
HATER wrote:
WaywardVole wrote:
Can we modkill one of the hosts? Please?

I mean, why would you modkill mmage?

Rainbo's a player, not a host.

But hey, don't blame me -- Rain's the one who decided to escalate this into a bot war here. ;)


'Scuse me, you were the first one to use GERTY. I just used a very simple Javascript function to convert what I typed.

Sat Aug 20, 2016 4:30 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#135 (ISO #9)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
HATER wrote:
Keep in mind that you must post at least once a round or you will be up for modkill. There's 48 hours in every round -- plenty of time to post.

If you have not posted since Round 1 started, please post in the following 24 hours or risk a modkill.


Risk? Last I checked it was a hard set rule that modkill happened.

Amazing what a herd of AFKs will do to a host's resolve. ;)

Sun Aug 21, 2016 1:31 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#145 (ISO #10)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Welp, Six voted. Sorry I haven't checked in a while. Secondly, why the heck are we intentionally voting people because they're new? That seems harsh. Meta sure has changed since I last checked.

"Welcome to Werewolf, now go die."



[vote WaywardVole]

From what I've read of past games, you're generally on top of things. Why haven't you cast a vote yet?

Sun Aug 21, 2016 9:38 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#149 (ISO #11)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
!!!*_Uncle-Leo_*!!! wrote:
What a bit suspect is for me is SiX voted on Panda.
Then Sweedy changed his vote from Kontra to Panda.
And now Kontra vote on Panda.
So that looks a bit for me that those 3 maybe play for the same team (mafia 1 or 2).
I don't know for which team Panda plays, maybe for mafia too but that bandwagon on him, with the spontanly vote change from Sweedy = Kontra --> Panda is suspicious for me and voting on him if he is new doesnt make really sense for me. Maybe he played some games like this in another place and not in nD. For me i can't say much to him e.g. he is new.

I would like to change my vote to one of those 3 and after i feel like they need to protect SiX wit that vote i go on with my vote on SiX. Also his Isolate shows 3 post at all too and he is mostly more active if he plays for village (just my thoughts). I think Panda deserves a chance to stay allive and i would like to read out a bit more of him in some posts. Be sure Panda my next vote goes on you next round if i don't hear more from you and your thoughts.

[vote SiX]


I thought SiX's post about being a bully and Kontra's argument for lynching a new player because he's new both seemed fishy, but I certainly wouldn't go around calling them mafia yet.


@Kontra - Lynching new players is bad both in a game sense and a meta game sense. On the meta side, lynching new players without cause serves to make the game elitist where the 'experienced' players control the game and kill off the new players so they can decide things amongst themselves. New players should be fostered and given chances to get better at the game. On the game side, new players are incredibly easy to read, in general, and when deciding who to lynch with no info (our standard R1 situation), it's usually best to lynch people you have a hard time reading. A new player will usually reveal whether he's mafia later in the game because of his inexperience.

In short, lynching new players is bad unless you have a good reason. FoS on you for that. Seems to me like a cop out; perhaps to save SiX as Leo said, or perhaps just because you haven't thought through the logic.

Sun Aug 21, 2016 10:27 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#161 (ISO #12)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
[vote Styx]

I don't like this panda wagon. Things have been too quiet, which suggests to me that he's not mafia or, if he is, the mafia isn't worried about his lynch. Too many actives for him to be AFK; too few votes for the mafia to be worried about looking suspicious by saving him.

Wayward offered enough to satisfy me, but Styx has been pretty useless so far this game. I'll throw my hat in the ring to see what we get with his lynch.

Mon Aug 22, 2016 2:01 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#179 (ISO #13)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
Those 3 last votes before round end are very interesting. Had to protect you mafia friend aye?


Aye. Had to protect my teammate in the most obvious way I could. Figured that would be the best long term strategy.


On a more serious note, here's the relevant portion of the logs Emz was missing:
Spoiler: show
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: Its curious how the styx wagoon took off only 2 hours before the round end
12:49 AM - Kaebbel: and that Sweedy, first person to vote panda was shot
12:50 AM - Rainboy: I tried to start it earlier, but I was at church.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: And it took Xen and Lawliet a bloody hour to write their posts.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Which made it tighter than I really wanted.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Not enough time for people to respond.
12:51 AM - Kaebbel: wut
12:51 AM - Kaebbel: You organized it?
12:51 AM - Rainboy: Numble and I did, yeah.
12:51 AM - Rainboy: I was uneasy with the panda lynch, for the reasons I stated.


Mon Aug 22, 2016 11:43 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#204 (ISO #14)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
Okay, so we need to concentrate on those 4, there is atleast 1 mafia here.
Code:
Styx - 4 - NumBle, Rainboy, Lawliet, katCrusader

The fact that Rainboy, Lawliet and katCrusader changed their vote just before round end is very suspicious- especially the time difference between Lawliet's and katCrusaders's post: only 6 mins. This suggests that there is a connection between the 2.
How observant, you noticed a connection. Almost like someone orchestrated it. Odd, to be sure.

NumBle's reason to lynch Styx:
NumBle wrote:
Because I wanna hear what you have to say and considering you know how to play this better than most people here, quite odd you're behaving "stupidly".

Note that the quote above was the only post related to the vote, even though Styx responded, NumBle kept his vote.
NumBle wrote:
And back then I had a Power role. Does it look like I have one now if I'm shouting all around the game? Besides voting off someone who's active is like grabbing a dagger and backstabbing each villager one by one.

This was NumBle's reply to my post. From this we conclude that NumBle does not have any PR role (IF he was telling the truth). Again as mentioned previously, NumBle's activity and playstyle does not match in this game. I've noticed from the games he played that he becomes very active as a mafia and stays low as a villager. Please do note that mafia tend to be active too, so voting someone who is active is not "backstabbing each villager one by one".
Er, who in their right mind wouldn't claim normal villager if pressed in public? Just sayin'. Secondly, how many times do I have to tell you that you should never fault someone for being active? Pushing the game towards inactivity is inherently good for the mafia.

Rainboy's reason to lynch Styx:
Rainboy wrote:
I don't like this panda wagon. Things have been too quiet, which suggests to me that he's not mafia or, if he is, the mafia isn't worried about his lynch. Too many actives for him to be AFK; too few votes for the mafia to be worried about looking suspicious by saving him.

Wayward offered enough to satisfy me, but Styx has been pretty useless so far this game. I'll throw my hat in the ring to see what we get with his lynch.

According to this we can see that Rainboy voted to lynch Styx solely based on his opinion- there was no logical reason to not vote Panda. Panda didn't even try to defend himself, he simply counter-voted Six.
No, there were several very logical reasons, two of which were in the very post you said was without "logical reason."
  • Panda is new, and should be given a chance to develop as a player before being R1 lynched. Lynching new players too early inhibits both their ability and desire to develop in WW. If they're obvious mafia, fine. Panda is and was not.
  • Panda was too easy to save to be mafia. If the mafia cared about the tally at that point, they could've done something. Sure, you can apply that logic to me and say that I was just mafia trying to save him, but you can't say that what I did was illogical from a village standpoint.
  • Even if Panda was mafia, the fact that nothing had happened suggested that the mafia didn't think he'd be lynched. My options were to either go harder on him, or try to suddenly switch to someone else. Based on the above, I chose the latter.
  • A sudden late (but not too late) change in vote is more likely to surprise mafia and get us a kill. Not only that, reactions to the shift generate useful discussion which can net the village additional information.


Connection between NumBle and Rainboy (accourding to the steam logs posted by Rainboy):
Quote:
12:50 AM - Rainboy: I tried to start it earlier, but I was at church.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: And it took Xen and Lawliet a bloody hour to write their posts.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Which made it tighter than I really wanted.
12:50 AM - Rainboy: Not enough time for people to respond.
12:51 AM - Kaebbel: You organized it?
12:51 AM - Rainboy: Numble and I did, yeah.
12:51 AM - Rainboy: I was uneasy with the panda lynch, for the reasons I stated.

So we know that Rainboy and NumBle were behind the Styx lynch. However, the fact that Rainboy revealed such crucial information to Emizek suggests multiple scenarios: 1. NumBle convinced Rainboy to lynch Styx, therefore NumBle is the real culprit and Rainboy is basically a villagers. 2. Rainboy was the one who convinced Numble to lynch Styx and the other way around. 3. NumBle and Rainboy are both mafia and Rainboy made a mistake by revealing this info about NumBle. 4. Similar to scenario 3, but instead of it being a mistake it was intended for psychological manipulation (very unlikely though because its too risky).

I would like to know who contacted Lawliet and katCrusader regarding this Styx vote, was it Rainboy or Numble?

Like I said, Numble and I decided on Styx as he was being pretty useless so far. IIRC, I narrowed it down to a couple names and Numble chose Styx from there. I didn't get any vibes that he was trying to steer me; and believe me, I was looking. We are both equally responsible for the mislynch - I chose to cast my vote and influence others to follow based on the information available to me at the time; if you believe that to be a choice made by a mafia, you should lynch me. If you believe Numble influenced my choice as a mafia, you should lynch him. I can understand you guys being upset that a last minute mysterious bandwagon that ended up with a dead villager, but your arguments against me seem to focus on my actions being illogical, which I strongly reject as a valid argument.

Lawliet's reason to lynch Styx:
Quote:
[Vote Styx]
SAVE THE PANDAS..
1. I really don't think panda is a mafia.. the reason is explained in my previous post and in Rain's post.
2. Pressure Styx to get him to talk.

As for his reason 1, he refers to this post:
Spoiler: show
"noobish" is not a reason... and I really doubt he's a mafia at this point.. because if he is then his teammates would've told him what to do to get out of this situation. your other reason was being afk.. I believe ARSENIC and styx have contributed nothing so far.. could you explain why it has to be panda. The guy got a cute avatar.. leave em alone...

As we can see, Lawliet was completely against the idea of lynching Panda, he is telling us that Panda's teammates would have helped him out- totally contradicting himself by defending Panda for being too 'cute'.

Eh? See above. Still logical.

As for reason number 2, he mentioned that he wanted to apply pressure on Styx to get him to 'talk'. However, he's completely ignoring the fact that this reply was made at 2:29 AM, just around 1 hour before round end. Bad mistake there Lawliet.

I don't defend that reason. Casting a vote at 2:29 when lynch is at 4:00 doesn't leave much time. That said, it doesn't seem suspect to me.

As for Lawliet's vote against Kontra, it seems that he's completely ignoring the fact that Styx is actually a villager and instead, moving onto someone else (who doesn't seem to be that suspicious) rather than accusing those who convinced him to lynch Styx (based on the steam logs) which is what Lawliet would normally do based on previous gameplays.

Meh? He moved on. Maybe you should too.

As for katCrusader's reason to lynch Styx- I found nothing about of lynching him rather than protecting Panda. This was the only reason:
katCrusader wrote:
I concur; Pandas are too cute to lynch <3

Can't say much other than the fact that she (or he ;) ) was the only one to vote no lynch at the beginning. Typical mafia behaviour tbh.

Note that Panda did not defend himself, he asked his (possible) mafia teammates to help him out. In this case, we see that katCrusader and Lawliet were the first ones to help him out.

There might be 1 villager between those 4 which imo would be Rainboy, however, this is based on nothing. Otherwise, they could all be Mafia, just different teams. My vote stands between NumBle and Lawliet.
[vote Lawliet]

I just... don't even know where to start with this one. I can't track the logic at all...


Vote will be forthcoming, after I do some more analysis.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:58 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#205 (ISO #15)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
After looking through things, Arsenic and Six piqued my interest as potential medalists for the (apparently much coveted, given the superb quality of the arguments tossed around) contest of who gets my vote. Arsenic is unusually afk, and Six is being a distracting airhead. Since Six being an airhead isn't too uncommon, Arsenic wins. Six will have to try better next time if he wants a spot on the podium.

Will monitor and change later as the round evolves (especially if Arsenic posts something meaningful soon).

[vote Arsenic]

Tue Aug 23, 2016 2:11 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#207 (ISO #16)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Maki wrote:
woo 10 people not voting.

busy with uni stuff so sorry for inactivity, shrug, shit time for me :|


So much for the gung ho "rainboy is the only one for me."

I've been replaced by an institution. I'm hurt.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 3:00 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#244 (ISO #17)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
It's so hard to produce decent responses to all the crap being flung around. You guys are too active.

@SiX - We vote AFKs because the worst possible situation for the village is if it becomes a viable strategy for the mafia to afk. If the mafia are ever, ever allowed to afk without a strong risk of lynch, we will lose the opportunity to catch mistakes they make in the activity they would have had. Thus, I propose that it is beneficial to lynch AFKs in general when no other interesting opportunity arises (such as is the case in most games R1). I am not trying to attack Kontra for suddenly voting an AFK after saying he wouldn't, I'm just upset with him for maintaining that AFK players should not be voted in general. The rest of you can do as you will; I'm actually LESS inclined to vote Kontra now because I don't want to punish a positive change in his behavior.

@Kontra - See above. Voting AFKs is usually good during the early rounds of the game. Just don't vote off brand new players, in my humble opinion.

@Ultor - Give it a rest. You sound like a broken record. You've made it painfully clear that you want people to reply and that you'll suspect those who don't; let them choose if they want to incur your suspicion.

@Numble - Just because the two of us didn't go out on a witch hunt doesn't mean we're not mafia. The converse is, of course, true: if one of us had gone on a witch hunt for the other, we'd likely be mafia. Perhaps if we'd lynched a mafia we would have a leg to stand on there, but I don't think you can go around proclaiming your innocence just yet.


I am actually more interested in hearing from Wayward some. I was impressed with his play in past games, but he's been oddly quiet this game. I'll toss a vote his way since I don't really care for either of the current wagons. Probably won't cause anything, but I can at least apply some pressure so he knows I have my eye on him.

[vote wayward]


Aaaaand while I'm typing and cross referencing everything, he posts. Great. I'll go do some reading and probably make a new vote in a bit here.

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:12 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#246 (ISO #18)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
WaywardVole wrote:
That said, I'm unsure of whom to vote for. On one hand, both of them have the potential to be mafia in one form or another. But both Numble and Rain claimed to have talked to Lawliet and katCrusader respectively for the R1 vote - I don't know why they picked them specifically, but it leans away from the two of them masterminding a vote.


They were the first two online (on steam) people for us to bug. Emz was gonna be next if we needed him.



Also, I'm going back to SiX for previously stated illogical posts. I realize I haven't directly responded to him as much, so there isn't a decent record of what I dislike. I'll try to go back and make something soonish.

[vote Six]

Tue Aug 23, 2016 11:43 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#253 (ISO #19)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Oh yeah. I knew there was a good reason we didn't bug you...

Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:51 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#265 (ISO #20)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Well. I went to bed and now nonsense has happened. Gotta head to work, but you can be sure I'll post tonight.

Ultor wrote:
Lynching villagers now aren't we?

With the amount of Politicians, it's pretty much clear that Lawliet and katCrusader are mafia with this role (could be just 1 though). Lynching them is useless since Politician can survive 1 lynch and lynch only. This is why I recommend using night actions on those 2 to get them killed. The fact that they both survived means 1 if them had the Tough Trainee role while the other one was protected by their mafia doctor.

wat

Rainboy seems to have survived Brutal from one of our villagers (either Kontra or sweedy) which makes me think that he's using Tough Trainee from team 2. Could also be Fortitude though.

Captain obvious strikes again. I'll let you guess which of those I'm claiming.

This is why I recommend lynching NumBle who desperately seems to have this prevented; it seems that he's either a doctor or
Don (maybe Vixen too since I was roleblocked at R1). These are some members of the mafia teams:

I'll post more on that later.

Team 1: NumBle, Lawliet, katCrusader, Panda.
Team 2: Six, Rainboy

[vote NumBle]

As for the villagers, please do get in touch with me (especially any vote savants). If I'm not a confirmed villager to you by now then you're pretty much stupid. Don't let the mafia manipulate you and win this game, we still got a chance here.

Repeating Emz: wat, lol?


I'll be back in ~10-12 hours.

Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:35 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#299 (ISO #21)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Emziek wrote:
I want a detailed post from you Rainboy why you picked fortitude over Blast shield or Vote Savant.

original full post for context:
Spoiler: show
Rainboy wrote:
Alrighty. Here's my current thoughts on things:

First, I disagree with Emz. Immunity is bad on vanillagers to have for the whole game, but it can be EXTREMELY useful to check the infector. Without immunity, two infectors could wreak havoc on the game. Honestly, without the addition of the two free rounds of Immunity, I would be calling OP on the sheer amount of poison the mafia can pump out.

Normal villagers should strongly consider keeping immunity for the first round or two. I won't try to tell you that keeping it is hands down better, because that really depends on how you value the two. It's just a matter of how much you're willing to trade the potential for the cop to get a bad peek VS the potential for the mafia to poison you. Plus, since Immunity IS actually good on PRs and Mafia, a Don peeking you really has no idea who you are, thus denying some information to the mafia as well.

So, now that's out of the way...

Politician: Meh. I don't want to recommend that a villager pick this up, but with the sheer amount of voting block the mafia comprise (especially with Con Man, and multiple base powers), it's probably wise to have someone take this... we could get pretty screwed late game if we can't comprise a decent voting block.

Soothsayer: Don't take this, in general. Exception: you're the cop, or you think there's a particularly high chance you will get killed early (and want to continue to help the village out).

Poison: Pretty useful to have for a normal villager. Gives us a chance to fight a mafia team who specs into lynch control, as the vig alone probably isn't enough to deal with that.

Brutal: Again, if you're not the Cop, don't take this. The chances of knowing who a mafia is when you die is going to be low. The chance of knowing a mafia who's not going to die to crap the next round is even lower. Cop has an outside chance of knowing stuff, but there's still probably better options to help him survive.

Immunity: Great on literally every PR. I mean, who doesn't like roleblock and poison immunity? Especially great on cop since he doesn't need to worry about screwing his own peek over. In fact, Immunity is my top choice for cop.

Fortitude: Situational. I don't know how I feel about it. There's two mafia shots to worry about, but it doesn't stop hitman or infector.

Spiritborne: We shouldn't have more than one. That said, very useful since I don't recommend the cop to have Soothsayer.

Blast Shield: One of the most useful things I can imagine for normal villagers. Utility and protection.

Vote Savant: Great for a couple normal villagers to have. Second best things I can imagine after Blast Shield.

Insight: Also useful to have one or two of in the village. Seems a little less useful to me since there are just flat out SO MANY MAFIA in the game. It is, however, info and info is always welcome.

Hinder: Now here's an interesting choice. Gotta be careful with it, but a three shot roleblock is VERY interesting, especially to a normal villager who can keep Immunity for a couple rounds while he figures out who to use it on.

Overall, this game seems quite balanced. You can't screw yourself too bad with any choice, though some do obviously make more sense on certain roles than others.



Welp, let's start digesting the two pages that happened while I was gone... note that I'm replying before reading the rest of the thread. If you posted other stuff later elsewhere, I'll read it in a bit.

For me personally, the choice came down to blitzing Soothsayer or Fortitude, keeping Immunity until R2, and taking Blast Shield. I expected (and rightfully so, though I didn't expect it to come from a villager) to be shot R1 or R2. I intentionally pressed that villagers should keep immunity specifically so I wouldn't have to, allowing the mafia to assume I'd have it if I was a normal villager (roughly 1:2 odds considering they know I'm not on their team - hopefully enough to deter them from an early poison). Blast Shield is also really useful, but I personally really hate having to choose when to use things like that. I'd much rather a more consistent power so I know what to expect from it, instead of "whoops, I used it on the wrong night and now I'm dead, wheee!

With Sooth, I trade confirmation of my village status for the ability to play my information game after death, but with Fortitude I only buy a round. I also publicly downplayed Fortitude (which, FYI, I still believe in as a general case) which meant that an observant mafia might be more inclined to take a shot at me. The result is what you see before you. Not sure if it's worth it, especially since I wasted a village brutal instead of a mafia shot, but it is what it is.



More posts to come, I'm sure.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:32 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#300 (ISO #22)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Emziek wrote:
HATER wrote:

Rainboy Haunted
Rainboy Survived

KatCrusader Shot
KatCrusader Survived

Lawliet Shot
Lawliet Survived

Arsenic Shot
Arsenic Survived


Keeping in mind the following:
HATER wrote:
Crooked Medic: May choose one player to protect from harm in the night. [Targeted]

All of these players should be all villagers prime suspects this round. The odds are multiple of them are mafia considering there is only 6-7 villagers vs 7-8 mafias still alive in the game.


Most intelligent thing I've read so far this round - maybe even this game. This list almost certainly contains multiple mafia, and I'm quite right to be under scrutiny by Emz. If I get to the end of this thread and find that one of these four isn't up for lynch, I'm going to be upset.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:38 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#301 (ISO #23)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Spoiler: show
NumBle wrote:
Ultor wrote:
NumBle wrote:
Voro's poulo wrote:
Quote:
R1: Lynch Tally:
Styx - 4 - NumBle, Rainboy, Lawliet, katCrusader

R2: Lynch Tally:
K0ntRa - 5 - Lawliet, katCrusader, SiX, NumBle, Emziek


Pretty much clear for me now. Numble, Lawliet and katCrusader at the same team. This time i'll go for [vote NumBle]

It's logic, villagers. We are not too many left. You have to back me up on this. Two rounds in a row they voted for villagers... oh it was a mistake? I don't think so.


Honestly, you guys need to look beyond just the lynch tally. We did vote for villagers. Styx was not only unproductive but also somewhat afk.

So you're saying that Styx, who was much more experienced than Panda, was a better choice to lynch?

Yes I'm saying Styx was a better choice than Panda. I've played with him before and turned out to be nothing more than a troll or an afker. Besides I wanted to give a chance for Panda to play, considering this is his first game.


the R2 lynch Tally was purely because Kontra was a dumb fuck about his arguments and got himself lynch.

Kontra was very active and contributing to the village. No one is buying your bullshit (apart from your teammates of course).

Yes he was active. So am I, so is Rain, so are you, so is most people. Your point is?


Besides just like Xen has said before, "Wtf? Lawliet and I vote together two times and that's all the evidence you need that we're super tight mafia buddies? Spurious correlations much?"

Refers to his teammate, the one who joined him in both lynches. Not very smart mate...

I'm not even sure of what teh fuck you're talking about here. Really, you need to get checked out. I simply quoted what Katcrusader said so that I don't bother having to say it in my own words.

At this point I'm just assuming Voro, Ultor, Panda and Arsenic can be a team. Although I don't really want to throw names out there without being sure of anything.

Ohh already? Running out of options now aren't we? Giving a vague statement without any kind of evidence whatsoever. Getting sick of this mate.

If i were running out of options I'd straight up say that you 4 are mafia. I didn't say so, so no I'm not running out of options. If anything you're being an idiot for still trying to push this god-awful lynch on me. Stop being an idiot will you?



At this point I'm just waiting for someone clever enough to realize that we have 3 soothsayers and you fuckers are pushing a lynch on me, wasting another round on a villager.

Again, a diversion is made here by saying "we have 3 soothsayers" when in fact we have more Politicens. No mate, we're not wasting this one now.

Dude, really you're dumb as fuck. Soothsayers can do more damage because they do not reveal they fucking alignment. Politicians however do. Would you rather have a soothsayer mafia telling that X and Y are mafia than having a politician villager helping you lynching a mafia?

Holy crap this is completely unreadable. I'm not even going to try.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:46 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#302 (ISO #24)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Aaaand I'm at the end. And upset. Very upset. You all are idiots.

Repeating last round's first vote because Arsenic has STILL been pretty quiet and I'd really rather see him lynched this round after last night's shooting spree. Would also be content with Kat or Lawliet. Why are we trying to lynch Numble and Ultor? Let's deal with that next round, not this.

[vote Arsenic]



P.S - Ultor, do us all a favor and rub two brain cells together before you run your hands across the keyboard. Your arguments make no sense to me, and if it weren't for the hard evidence presented last round in the form of 4 shots, I'd be right there on your bandwagon too.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 2:56 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#303 (ISO #25)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Note: I have used my godlike admin powers to copy hater's list of base powers to the first page. Hopefully he doesn't have a problem with this; if he does, he can slap me on the wrist publicly later.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:05 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#305 (ISO #26)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
For the sake of analysis, why exclude me from your findings? You not only exclude me from the list of suspects, but also seem to take my claim of fortitude at face value without even allowing for the possibility that I'm lying.

That, and you just ran with the two things that I gave you in private just now (arsenic being afk and kat being reactionary) and in public (echoing what Emz said earlier) without really adding anything meaningful to them (imo). Your order for lynch also mirrors what I told you exactly. Surely you can add your own analysis instead of leaning completely on the analysis of others, no? You could've at least made it clear that you were just following the insight of others instead of (seemingly) claiming it to be your own.

Still not reason for me to lynch you over one of those who were shot, but it is concerning to me to say the least.


Also, you forget that there are two Fortitudes in the game. Even if it were reasonable to take my claim at face value, your analysis fails to account for the (VERY unlikely) possibility of a fortitude villager + villager doc protect, leaving us at a minimum of one mafia, not two. Likewise, you also discount the case where the Doc did not successfully protect anyone last night and everyone's a mafia.

In short, you analysis is at the very least incomplete, and in my opinion flawed in that it relies way too much on my own thoughts for the game. Think for yourself.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 3:47 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#313 (ISO #27)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
Okay everyone to start up, I am the Cop.

R0 negative peek: Voro's poulo
R1: Got roleblocked by a Vixen.
R2: NumBle, came back as Mafia (Team 2)

Since there were 2 people who got affected by a Vixen at R2 (Emizek and SiX), this eliminates the possibility of NumBle being framed, unless one of the other 2 was lying but that's highly unlikely considering NumBle's lynch pattern.

This is why I urge all villagers to vote lynch NumBle.

Idiot. Why claim publicly? You're dead or perma-roleblocked now. Might as well be a normal villager. I believe you because you really have nothing to gain from doing this as a mafia, but holy crap, think before you blurt things out. Would have been much better to go to Emz in private and had him claim for you - heck, would have been better to go to ANYONE in private and have them claim for you. The chances of both mafia knowing who you are is now 100%, and you are a very dead cop. I can only hope that you're not really the cop and that the cop is acting through you; but given your history, I kinda doubt that.

Numble claimed to me that he was not roleblocked last round, meaning that one of Ultor and Numble is now confirmed Mafia.

Conversation from last night:
Spoiler: show
10:11 PM - Rainboy: FYI, I have it on good authority that you've been peeked mafia. Either way, village is in a pickle and I'd be more than happy to work with you.
10:11 PM - Numble: oh?
10:11 PM - Rainboy: But it would be quite nice to know who I'm dealing with - or at least an explanation for the peek.
10:11 PM - Numble: So you're saying that I've been peeked as a mafia?
10:11 PM - Numble: Great. just great.
10:12 PM - Rainboy: Well, yeah.
10:13 PM - Rainboy: I'm fine working with one of the mafia for now, but I'm not fine working with a liar.
10:13 PM - Rainboy: So I gotta get to the bottom of this if you're sticking to the village claim.
10:13 PM - Numble: Well I didn't get roleblocked
10:14 PM - Numble: so you can get your conclusion out of that.
10:14 PM - Rainboy: Which means one of the two of you is mafia.
10:14 PM - Rainboy: Good. I wasn't going to enjoy having to verify a roleblock.
10:15 PM - Numble: I guess it's up to you to chooose who to trust


Note that he doesn't actually deny the claim. He dodges it by telling me that I have to "choose who to trust."

[vote Numble]

Thu Aug 25, 2016 12:59 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#314 (ISO #28)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Maki wrote:
[vote rainboy]

I don't really like how you're excusing and "downplaying Fortitude". If you thought it was "so helpful", having more villagers take it would've been beneficial. Suddenly downplaying it and then picking it doesn't make much sense to me.

Plus I still feel like there's about 4 or 5 powers that were much more useful, you claimed so yourself too.

Other player I'm not comfortable about right now are probably NumBle (weird lynches, ignoring Rainboy, Rainboy pressures him. Standard teammate strategy) and Voro's poulo (low activity, random votes: "wayward, rainboy & numble" none really explained, tells people "to follow him" for no real valid reason)

Probably others I'm missing, but feeling rather comfortable about Emziek with his judgement of Rainboy, I can't figure out why everybody's ignoring him though, most of what he wrote so far is logical, even more so this round.


Like I said, I don't think Fortitude is so helpful to village in general. I just took it specifically for my situation since I thought I would be shot early. There is the Sooth strategy, but I've been out of the game for quite a while and wasn't sure about how useful I would be on the information game. People have to, you know, peek me first.

As for Numble, see above. Additionally, if you think we're both on a mafia team, why would I buddy with him so hard R1, publicly claiming that I manipulated lynch with him? That's a really, REALLY dumb thing for a mafia team to do - for exactly the reason you see here: it draws a LOT of suspicion when one of them is proven mafia.

Seconded as far as Emz goes.

Thu Aug 25, 2016 1:18 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#326 (ISO #29)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Voting leo seems like a really especially dumb idea, given what I see publicly. If you have a positive on Numble, lynch him. If you don't want to lynch him, go for one of the four other people with damning evidence on them (Kat, Lawliet, myself and Arsenic). Given Arsenic's claim, I'd drop him off that list.

In any case, you have zero hard evidence that Leo is mafia, yet you're trying to lynch him over a wide variety of other viable choices?


I will follow since you are the undisputed Cop, but I voice my strong complaint while doing so.

[vote Leo]

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:09 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#327 (ISO #30)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor wrote:
This is why I recommend lynching NumBle who desperately seems to have this prevented.

Ultor wrote:
Based on the fact that NumBle isn't even trying to prevent being lynched, I think it's much safer for the village to lynch Leo.


Riiiiiight...

Thu Aug 25, 2016 11:51 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#363 (ISO #31)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
Ultor, I don't think you realize how much you screwed the village last round. You'll find out soon enough, I guess.

[vote WaywardVole]

I'll be around if anyone wants to chat on steam.

Sat Aug 27, 2016 4:05 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#382 (ISO #32)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
NumBle wrote:
Quote:
01: Donald Dump - Lynched R2 R4


Rofl because one time wasn't enough.


I think Hater just added it because he really wanted to lynch Donald.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 4:53 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#387 (ISO #33)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
HATER wrote:
Donald Dump wrote:
HATER wrote:
[kill Donald Dump, Lynched R2]

I bet none of you WW pros didn't get lynched twice in one game... :dance: :mrgreen:


We have -- due to toughness, temp lynch immunity, and/or revives, trust me. As recently as last year, cml got lynched 3 times I think.


Actually, if you read exactly what he says, he's saying that none of us DIDN'T get lynched twice in one game... or in more plain english, that all of us have been lynched twice in every game, which is also wrong. I can think of plenty of games (this game, for example) where I was not lynched twice.

Sun Aug 28, 2016 6:15 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#415 (ISO #34)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
NumBle wrote:
SiX wrote:
I wonder; if the round wasn't extended, could we have perhaps have managed to lynch Wayward, who didn't vote me? :/

wouldn't matter both Arsenic and Kat wouldn't have voted too.


Arsenic and Voro were around too. We could've managed it, but SOMEONE had to go change his name and wreck GERTY. >.>

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:36 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Sep 06, 2012 4:38 pm
#416 (ISO #35)  Re: Assassins XII: Power Up!
MMage wrote:
Cassandra Award: KatCrusader, for warning Rainboy about the shot on Voro, only to have Rain ignore it and change to protecting Ultor anyways 2 minutes before the deadline.


I take great offense to you not mentioning that Voro literally didn't matter as far as winning. In fact, I'd argue we were better off having one less villager to have to deal with. I was 90% sure they'd shoot Voro; I only cared about Ultor because he had Vote Savant and we NEEDED the votes.

Mon Aug 29, 2016 6:44 am Profile Send private message
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.