View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Sep 21, 2019 7:50 am

User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#6 (ISO #1)  Re: Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
[In]

Sun Jul 10, 2016 8:07 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#16 (ISO #2)  Re: Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Stick to 48hours, every single game people say I'm going afk for the rest if the day without providing much information which hurts the game, with an additional 24hours less people will use that excuse, a chance to let everyone have a say, as well in depth discussion, maybe we actually apply pressure properly on people and get responses in this timeframe...

Mon Jul 11, 2016 7:29 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#24 (ISO #3)  Re: Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
How many players needed to start this game??

Also the mafia and SK kills are they done on a specific target or a room?

Wed Jul 13, 2016 12:08 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#26 (ISO #4)  Re: Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
WaywardVole wrote:
Ish wrote:
How many players needed to start this game??

Also the mafia and SK kills are they done on a specific target or a room?


>I'm hoping to get around 16, but regardless, I'm starting the game tonight at midnight EST.
> Mafia and SK target a room. Only Veteran and Sniper target a player.


Ok thanks.

How many people maximum per room?

Wed Jul 13, 2016 7:47 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#47 (ISO #5)  Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Lawliet wrote:
ayy so it begins..
[Vote Ish]... HI


Hi :)

Konijn wrote:
Can the Hotel Manager please make sure that I have a full English breakfast delivered by room service @ 9am sharp. Much obliged.


Not the full English breakfast that you were expecting lol

@WaywardVole - Do the players get a notification to which room they were relocated too?

Mafia:

Godfather: Appears as ”Not suspicious” when peeked. Standard role, just gonna have to analysis posts/voting patterns etc
Spy: Can check a room every night and see who is in that room and their alignment.
Sniper: Can shoot 1 target player (targets a player directly, not their room), in addition to the regular nightkill, once during the game.
We want to get the sniper out before he gets to target a player, so that one less mafia kill is out of play, as mentioned by wayward (just iso him). Also so that newbie doesn't get the spy/gf role
Newbie (Trainee): Takes the role of the first mafia member to die. Initially useless but potentially dangerous depending on how the game goes~ especially if newbie gets the GF role.


Town:

Veteran: Able to shoot and kill one player (targets a player directly, not their room) during the game.Super beneficial, as its the only village night action we can carry out on the SK, to remove him from the game. Otherwise we'll have to predict who the SK is by voting style/posts etc.
Hotel Manager: Once per night, can choose any two rooms and swap the occupants.Will want make use of the empty room as much as possible, i think? because it can lead to a lot of mafia/sk actions being rendered useless
Journalist: Can check a room every night and see who is in that room and their alignment.Only bad thing is peeking teh GF will be not suspicious, will need to bear that in mind.
Doctor: Can save a room every night, preventing the occupant from dying. Saves will be made public. We want to protect the doc as long as possible, as per normal

Vanilla Villagers : Can participate in the lynch and communicate with the living players.Need to be active, need to get information from people, don't afk...Lynching is our strongest weapon, as we get to find out loads of information it, as well as remove the mafia/sk from the game.


Third Party:

Janitor (SK) : Chooses one room per night and kills occupants. In addition, chooses a new room each night, switching the current inhabitant to his previous room. Can not be targeted by night actions (peeks and nightkills) but can be targeted by the Sniper and Veteran. Need to lynch/kill him asap, not entirely sure how to approach it though...

WHat do you guys think, have any ideas on how to approach different issues?

Also this story sort of reminds me of Agatha Christie's "And then there were none" I haven't read the novel, but the short tv series was awesome, everyone should definitely check it out. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt3581932/ It as awesome actors and actress, Aiden Turner looks so handsome in it :romance-heartsthree:, plays a badass character too :D.

Fri Jul 15, 2016 2:20 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#56 (ISO #6)  Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
[Vote Crisp0] Got anything to say? PandA as well, will switch to him if crisp0 responds.

He hasn't said anything a part from his In post, rather get rid of someone who hasn't posted round 1. Also if people aren't going to vote because they don't think lynching is a good option then vote no lynch, or if you want a lynch but don't want to vote then vote no vote, so we at least know where you guys stand...

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:04 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#58 (ISO #7)  Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
SiX wrote:
Wayward, when does round end?


17 Hours~

Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:21 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#65 (ISO #8)  Re: [R0] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
SiX wrote:
@Ish, you seem suspiciously hung up on finding the Serial Killer this game.

Ish wrote:
Janitor (SK) : Chooses one room per night and kills occupants. In addition, chooses a new room each night, switching the current inhabitant to his previous room. Can not be targeted by night actions (peeks and nightkills) but can be targeted by the Sniper and Veteran. Need to lynch/kill him asap, not entirely sure how to approach it though...


Reading this, somewhat puts me at unease. Why are you so worried about finding the Serial Killer? Depending on how the game goes, the Serial Killer may be a needed asset for the Town, to avoid Mafia majority.

But there is some truth to what you say. The ideal situation, for the Mafia, would be to keep the Serial Killer alive, assuming he kills off the Town Members. If the Serial Killer dies, the risk of the Mafia getting caught increases. As such, the Mafia often lose if the Serial Killer dies too early, due to the lack of night kills. However, the Serial Killer mustn't live too long either. For the longer he lives, the greater the risk of him posing a threat by killing the Mafia instead of the Town. The ideal case for the Town would be to kill the Serial Killer as soon as possible, to lessen the amount of nightkills in game. But were the game to progress, Town ought to rethink. The later the game goes, and the more Mafia alive, the more the Town needs the Serial Killer to cooperate with them.

I was just giving my view on the SK role, like we shouldnt leave him up for too long, as his actions are pretty strong, as you mentioned if left for too long, the only reason I've said to kill him asap, as town usually derps at the later stages,lets say we manage to lynch/kill all of the mafia and have just the SK and villagers left with no many PR roles, chances are if its a good player, the SK can see the win through. Also my reasoning behind that was similar to the reason you mentioned directly above. Less nightkills = more villagers up, i understand that SK might be able to kill a mafia maybe more but I'd take the killing roles out soon, the sniper and the SK. if we kill/lynch the sniper then the mafia lose out on a named kill, as the newbie will not get that kill action.

So we should kill the Serial Killer asap, but if we don't find him (which we are likely won't), we should keep him alive, for the time being.

Ish wrote:
Veteran: Able to shoot and kill one player (targets a player directly, not their room) during the game.Super beneficial, as its the only village night action we can carry out on the SK, to remove him from the game. Otherwise we'll have to predict who the SK is by voting style/posts etc.


With all the above said, lets say we decide to kill the Serial Killer. The ideal situation for the Mafia would be exactly what you suggest, to let the Veteran shoot him. By doing so, the Sniper will still have a bullet to shoot one of the Town Members. As such, I highly recommend the Veteran not to attempt to shoot the Serial Killer. Because as long as the Serial Killer lives, and the Veteran refuses to shoot him, the Sniper can't use his shot. Out of self-preservation, he'll decide to wait for the moment he may need it. If he still decides to use his bullet to shoot someone who's not the Serial Killer, then the Mafia will desperately want to lynch the Serial Killer. But they can't. By attempting to vote the Serial Killer, they'll reveal themselves, allowing the Veteran to kill 1 of them and us to lynch them afterwards. As such, the Sniper will preserve his bullet.

Ish wrote:
Hotel Manager: Once per night, can choose any two rooms and swap the occupants.Will want make use of the empty room as much as possible, i think? because it can lead to a lot of mafia/sk actions being rendered useless


I've to disagree with you. Rather than rendering actions useless, it's better for the Hotel Manager to attempt to have the Mafia teamkill one another. And if it's not a teamkill, the Hotel Manager will get a lead on who the Mafia attempted to kill in the first place (someone likely innocent, unless the SK also switched rooms or the Mafia targeted one of their own).

I didn't even think of using the HM to mafia teamkill one another, thats actually pretty interesting.

In regards to your alignment, I've mixed feelings. I want to vote for you, but I also don't want to.

Can you explain why you don't want to vote me in more depth? At the moment I can see why you want to vote for me, as I have left a lot things out/could have explained a lot better, but granted I'm not the only one that should come with stuff etc and I also asked for ppls opinions, which only you have responded to. My read on you is currently village atm.


Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:51 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#66 (ISO #9)  Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Ultor wrote:
[vote Lawliet]


Why do you want a vote on lawliet?? At that moment in time he would have been guaranteed a lynch, if emziek didn't unvote.

@Emziek, your reason for unvoting??

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:54 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#67 (ISO #10)  Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
@Ultor
Nvm i'm guessing you're just responding to lawliet's vote on you.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 12:57 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#75 (ISO #11)  Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
We should vote for someone conclusively, otherwise SiX is the one getting lynched because of LHLV, i put forward Crisp0 as he hasn't responded to the thread yet, just his In post. I'd rather vote an afk than someone contributing to the game.

Sat Jul 16, 2016 6:26 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#96 (ISO #12)  Re: [R1 ends 16 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Emziek wrote:
Ultor wrote:
I've definitely figured out some of the mafia. Will provide you with my analysis next round.

Oh yeah? I'm looking forward to that analysis. Here I wonder why you can't share it already?


I think he meant after what happens this round, and depending on what people post next round too, he'll be able to give an analysis then, well at least how I have interpreted it.

Sun Jul 17, 2016 10:54 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#102 (ISO #13)  Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Konijn wrote:
Bad start :|

Quote:
[log Emziek, survived shot]


Was this a doc save or what? I don't see any other mechanism to how he would survive, but only quickly glanced over roles - off to bed.


Yup, it's a super bad start....From the story, he was saved by the HM.

WaywardVole wrote:
[Dusk]

With guilt in your minds, you all slowly make your way to your own rooms. Tonight is so quiet, even the clock seems to whisper. Even so, no one noticed the silenced gunshot aimed at Emziek's room. Of course, a bullet going through a pillow doesn't make all that much noise. For it seems someone subtly rearranged his room before night fell, spoiling what should have been a perfect shot.

[log Emziek, survived shot]

But the night was still young. As the would-be killer slinks back to his room, another, far sinister presence appears. He walks the length of the corridor reading whispering the number on each door to himself until he reaches Room 8. Silently pushing open the door, he makes his way inside and slides the knife out from his jacket sleeve.

Unfortunately that afternoon earliergray had received a message that he was given the wrong room and had been relocated to Room 8. His bags still sit near the door where he had barely put them before collapsing into bed. Well, almost all of his bags. There is one open towards the foot of his bed. Closer inspection revealed it to be a rather intricate medical kit. It seems he is a doctor of the highest caliber. Well, he was.

[Kill earliergray, stab]
earliergray was a Doctor

As the faintest hint of drawn streaks through the sky, one final person moves through the halls. Carrying a small gun, they quickly dart to Room 2 and slip inside. Once again, the gunshot is barely discernible, but this time, it hits its target.

[Kill Lawliet, stab]
Lawliet was a Vanilla Villager
---

The carnage is almost too much for you to bear come morning. Especially since this time, they're taken to the morgue rather than the infirmary. Someone did this. Someone here has to pay. Because if it's not them, maybe you'll be next.

[Dawn]


The red + bold parts are things that happened in case people didn't read the story the first time around. Emziek was either shot by the sniper/veteran, I really hope it was the sniper as it works in favour of us, as the mafia no longer have a named kill available, so preventing most likely a villagers death. Good job HM, it was kind of obvious on who to protect/switch for that round at least. It sucks that the doctor was stabbed by the SK, however we still have the HM up, which will hopefully prevent a few more deaths in the forthcoming rounds. I still believe it's a safer play to use the empty rooms to deny the kills etc, as the number of rooms that are empty have increased, we can use it to our advantage by denying at least a kill from either the mafia/SK.

The rooms that are empty are like this provisional (remember SK has probably used his room switch as well):

01: empty
02: empty
03: HATER
04: empty
05: Ish
06: PandA
07: Empty Room - Emziek? - As no one died instead of him. Depending on what Wayward replies to my question below, could Emziek be a potential SK?
08: SiX
09: POOOOO
10: !!!*-Leo-*!!!
11: Lien~
12: empty
13: Konijn
14: Pr0Gr4mm4
15: Ultor

Quote:
Also, the Janitor can not be peeked. If you peek the room he is occupying, it will also return "This room appears to be empty."

Didn't realise until now that we can't peek the SK..

@WaywardVole shouldn't Lawliet's death command be shot? I was confused when I saw two stabs, thought SK was able to pull off 2 kills... Also the SK can switch with an empty room, does that occur after the lynch or at the end of the round?
Quote:
Lynch-> Room Swaps -> Protections -> Veteran/Sniper Shot -> Janitor Stab -> Mafia Shot -> Peeks -> Janitor returns to a room


SiX wrote:
Lien~ wrote:
[vote no lynch]

I work nights and as such only just been able to check up on the topic, so far not much to go by. I am off work the next 3 days, although occupied with other stuff too. Just saying so people will understand the somewhat semi-afk moments.


I'll [Vote Lien] this round out of familiar Mafia behavior. From what I can remember, this is how you, Lien, have posted whenever a Mafia role has been given you. There's two possibilities for this. A) You act like this when you are a Mafia or B) It's a coincidence that you were given a Mafia role in busy times. Either way, unless something better comes up, I'll place my vote on you.


A while back me and player X we're having a discussion about players of mafia on the ND forums, Lien's mafia play popped up during the conversation, we noticed the trend that Six mentioned above, It's actually a pretty common thing when you get mafia, sometimes it works out and other times it doesn't. I hoping this is one of those times it doesn't work. I too will be voting for [Vote Lien~], until she responds and I'm satisfied with the answer, or a better lynch comes forward.

@Lien Did you mean you are off to work? Or off work for the next 3 days?

Mon Jul 18, 2016 1:43 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#160 (ISO #14)  Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Emziek wrote:
Emziek wrote:
It's extremely unlikely SiX is in the mafia team together with Ish, if they're, they've done hell of a good job making it seem like they're playing for different teams.

Scratch this, starting to second guess this read. I think there is a possibility they set up their posts early in the thread to distance their relationship between each other. The posts bellow does suggest that they may infact have a relationship.
Lol

The only person I spoke to on steam was SiX, and that was when I made my previous long post regarding the deaths of the players, Wayward still hasn't replied to my question regarding the SK's room swap, whether or not it occurs after the Lynch or at the end of the round. Because if it occurred after the lynch then Emziek (if he is the sk) could have changed rooms then stabbed earliergray.


Ish
Iso #11
Ish wrote:
We should vote for someone conclusively, otherwise SiX is the one getting lynched because of LHLV, i put forward Crisp0 as he hasn't responded to the thread yet, just his In post. I'd rather vote an afk than someone contributing to the game.
I merely put forward crisp0 because he was afk the time, and I wanted SiX alive as he was contributing to the game. Everyone else voted for Crisp0, and I could have unvoted but that would have resulted in ultor dying, who at the time hadn't contributed a lot, but way more than Crisp0, and now ultor has contributed a lot to the game.

Iso #13
Diversion tactic, the same type I did last game. Gets facts about the kills wrong. Joins SiX by voting Lien
NOTICE how SiX doesn't refute him here like in R1.
Can you explain the facts about the kills that I have gotten wrong in that post?

SiX
Iso #8
SiX wrote:
-snip-

In regards to your alignment, I've mixed feelings. I want to vote for you, but I also don't want to.


It is true my village gameplay isn't entirely villagesque, Shadi's mentioned it quite a few times, but the thing is I want things to get discussed etc, hence why I put forward obvious things about the game i.e. the roles what can be done with them, what the round 1 stuff can possibly mean, all in order to get everyone discussing stuff so I can attempt to read people, and so other people may read each other too.

Emziek you're claiming journalist and so far no one else has counter-claimed it, which puts you in a position being trusted by the village, if I flip mafia, however when I flip village it could be too late for the village to win as 4 people at max (sniper/or veterans shot remains) may die this round, only if the HM can prevent a death. So that leaves us with possibly 7 players remaining,
4 mafia + 1 sk + 2 villagers, or maybe 3mafia + 1 sk + 2 villagers, or 4 mafia + 3 villagers (in all cases mafia wins). To prevent this scenario a mafia must be lynched this round, also the veteran may want to hold onto his/her shot, so that random villager does not die. The HM will need to save at least one villager. This scenario is in a extreme case, which will most likely not occur, as we'll lynch at least a mafia this round. If I flip village remember to lynch Emziek, if it's not too late.

I've read pretty much all of it, but don't really feel like defending myself extensively, as my death will still reveal who the non town players are, thus my death not being in vain. Going to change my vote to Emziek [Vote Emziek] as he claims I am suspicious and that he is the journalist, could be the Spy for all I know. A reason the true journalist is not coming out is probably not to reveal his/her position, but I think you need to reveal yourself if you want to win the game...but w/e - town usually always derps (myself included)...Tbh I have played horrendously as a villager but I guess its experience for future games :)

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:31 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#161 (ISO #15)  Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Also Gerty work pls

Tue Jul 19, 2016 12:36 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#174 (ISO #16)  Re: [R2 ends 19 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Welp I guess that's my fate sealed, just lynch the Emziek when I flip village, as well as Leo and Lien. Then we should be sorted :). Hope you guys carry me.

Tue Jul 19, 2016 2:04 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Dec 17, 2014 12:39 am
#249 (ISO #17)  Re: [R4 ends 23 July, 23:59 EST] Mafia XXXI: L'Hôtel de la Mort
Shouldn't Pro0gr4mma be modkilled for inactivity for more than 2 rounds...

Fri Jul 22, 2016 3:28 pm Profile Send private message
cron
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.