View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Wed Apr 01, 2020 5:49 pm

User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#6 (ISO #1)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
[In]

Mon Jun 20, 2016 9:52 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#23 (ISO #2)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
I prefer 24h as well. The rounds gets more intense and active. I believe that the games with 48h unfortunately die due to inactivity.

Tue Jun 21, 2016 9:49 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#27 (ISO #3)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
Konijn wrote:
Shadi wrote:
yea with nD activity 24 hrs might be decent, just sucks that, that's the viewpoint because people here don't know how to play the game - be that as it may I guess. Hope that one day the mentality about how much people should post and discuss every post in detail changes.

Just try to imagine what would happen if every player openly stated their opinion of every player's general playstyle, all their posts, who's probably teaming up with who, who's bussing and whiteknigting who, what is and what isnt suspicious what's town and not town. There'd be so much to talk about..

well we're all pretty new players, maybe if people stick around and keep playing that will start to happen?


Where's cell btw? Ask her to sign up ^^

Tue Jun 21, 2016 6:32 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#82 (ISO #4)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
@Leo

Quote:
Im innocent like allways :D
My thoughts are that the Mafia Guys are smart and they injured one innocent and a mafia guy to make it not so obvisiouly and if im not wrong they could easy kill one of us innocents if both voted on one guy or am i wrong?


Yes, you are wrong. One of the shots was from the Mafia, the second (stab) was from the Serial Killer. Therefore these 2 targeted one person each.

Quote:
Also i think one mafia guy can be afk since he didnĀ“t tried to kill one per night..hmhh...villagers i believe in us, let us kill those bad Boys ^^


The Mafia can't kill the first night (in this game). Therefore they hospitalized someone instead. And if we follow your reasoning, they cannot be afk if they hospitalize someone.

Sat Jun 25, 2016 4:20 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#96 (ISO #5)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
K0ntRa's reasoning is correct.

If we begin with the Medic, what will he do? Ideally, he would be healing his own Mafia Members. Why? To protect them from the Serial Killer. But he won't do that, at least not early game. Why? Because the risk of a Mafia dying doubles if that's the case. There's 2 doctors who can kill his target (Mafia) whereas there's only 1 Serial Killer. With that in mind, the Medic will try to heal people who are not Mafia, in an attempt to kill the Town Members.

What will the Doctors do? If they unite, they can work together as a Vigilante to take people down. But that's not the case right now. Right now, they have zero clue who they will be saving. They could A) save a Mafia from dying to the SK or B) overdose a Town Member, either by visiting the same person, or by visiting the one whom the Medic visits. In this aspect, the Town has to count on the Medic for saving us against the Serial Killer while the Mafia has to count on the Doctors using their ability to teamkill.

I can only conclude that the Doctors shouldn't do anything, at least not for now. They should wait until they get in touch with a fellow doctor / medic or until the first medic / doctor dies, before they start to heal.

@Hater, will Doctor save be made public? Like [X was shot / stabbed but survived]

Sat Jun 25, 2016 6:59 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#126 (ISO #6)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
I don't have any scum reads on K0ntRa. I genuinely think he's a Town Member for three reasons:

(1) His Doctor-no-save statements is legit coming from a Town Member. But of course, the Mafia could also use that argument to appear more Town-like. But that would be a Hater strategy, not a K0ntRa one (but then again, what do I know about K0ntra? I haven't played with him before).

(2) His cop claim in Steam, trying to bait the "newbies" into claiming Mafia. If he truly was Mafia, there would be no point in claiming such a thing to town members. Experienced or not, they know they are not Mafia. Therefore this seems more like a townish thing to do, trying to bait newcomers into revealing something they shouldn't have.

(3) He draws too much attention to him. Mafia typically sit back, watching, rather than engaging. I find that he's too active to be a Mafia.

I highly encourage to stop the bandwagon on K0ntRa, lets find someone else instead.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 1:12 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#128 (ISO #7)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
This isn't about him being Cop. It's about him fake claiming Cop as a Town Member. I've listed the reasons for this in my post above, especially point (2)

Quote:
(2) His cop claim in Steam, trying to bait the "newbies" into claiming Mafia. If he truly was Mafia, there would be no point in claiming such a thing to town members. Experienced or not, they know they are not Mafia. Therefore this seems more like a townish thing to do, trying to bait newcomers into revealing something they shouldn't have.


Let us assume K0ntRa is Mafia. Then this is what he just did: He went over to speak with Leo and SweedyGonzales, two players who seem relatively new to the nD WW community (correct me if I'm wrong). As a Mafia member, he knows full well they aren't Mafia. Yet he finds it a good idea to fake claim Cop, accusing them of being Mafia. For what? Because he wants to bait a reaction out of them. Notice in his conversation; he never fake claimed cop to ask for roles. He fake claimed Cop to bait a reaction. How do they react when accused of being Mafia? Since K0ntRa knows that they are Town Members, there would be absolutely nothing else than a: "Wtf? I'm Town member" reply he would get in return. Instead, he would gain their distrust and perhaps accused of fake claiming Cop, resulting in him being lynched. Him baiting a reaction of seemingly inexperienced nD players, as a town member, makes perfect sense. Therefore I can only conclude that K0ntRa is a Town Member (or SK, but I wouldn't bet on that). Either way, There was absolutely nothing in this for him if he was a Mafia. On the other hand, there was something in this for him if he is a Town Member.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 2:02 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#145 (ISO #8)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
Currently, there's no point in lynching the AFK ones. It's better to bet on them being modkilled. If they happen to return, we'll deal with them at that time. As for now, I'm not supportive of a K0ntRa lynch, which I have previously stated. Therefore I highly recommend we lynch someone else and currently I've a gut feeling that both Apekiller and Ish may be Mafia. There's not a lot of solid evidence behind this, just vague speculations. Anyhow: [Vote Apekiller]

Sun Jun 26, 2016 8:11 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#148 (ISO #9)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
The reasons as to why I've a scum read on Ish, SweedyGenzales and Apekiller.

Ish:

Ish wrote:
Dat doctor claim...could be a medic...


To the common eye, what Ish said makes perfect sense. Be careful of claiming to Lawliet (who claimed Doctor) because he may just be a Medic trying to bait claims. Reading this, I'm like: "What he says makes sense, right?" But if you dig deeper, there's something truly bothersome about his statement, something I believe Ish to be experienced enough to realize, were he town that will say.

If we assume that Ish is a Mafia, then what would lie beneath the surface? By making people wary of Lawliet, he can ensure that the Town's development will stagnate. Due to distrust, none claims to none and eventually we'll find ourselves in a situation where we have zero leads. Furthermore, the odds of a Medic publicly claiming Doctor is very, very low. Why? Because the Medic's strength isn't his ability to heal or overdose people. It's his presence in the game as a living role. The mere fact that he exists forces the Doctors to be extremely careful IF they heal someone. Therefore by claiming Doctor, a Medic would put the spotlight on himself and may end up as the target of either a Serial Killer (who wants to ensure A) The Mafia won't get to puppet around with any town claims or B) The Town won't unite as a Mason team who trust each other and creates a united bandwagon each round), a Cop (who may peek the Medic as a Mafia), or perhaps even a lynch by people who are suspicious of him being a Medic? While Ish didn't push a lynch on Lawliet, which would have essentially confirmed him as a Mafia, he still put suspicion on Lawliet in a more subtle way.

I can only conclude that there's no way a Medic would risk dying, since it would do the Town a massive favor by allowing the Doctors to freely and safely heal around (Well, almost) and confirm their claims. The Mafia would, under no circumstances, want a situation where the Doctors could just heal themselves every night, creating 2 immune Town Members.

Read this after reading Sweedygonzales:

Ish wrote:
What if he was busy with IRL stuff? He doesn't have to reply to you instantly.


We can see that Ish takes Sweedy in defense. If one is Mafia, it's therefore likely that the second also is. I'd assume the case went as following:

Sweedy: Help me Ish, K0ntRa is Cop and found me as Mafia R0, what do I do?
Ish: That's bullshit. A cop can't do that. Deny it.

... a minute went by before he started to talk with K0ntRa again... which explains his slow response.
... later:

Sweedy: K0ntra voted against me.
Ish: His logic is flawed. I'll take you in defense.

Of course this just just a hypothetical scenario. Anyone experienced with the game could help Sweedy out (Ish may even have been offline or afk for all I know). And even if he (Sweedy) figured it out on his own, Ish could still defend him using the logic that Sweedy did something else meanwhile.

Apekiller:

Apekiller wrote:
To be honest I don't think massively lynchvoting K0ntRa will lead to anything at this point. We have not yet heard anything from a number of players (WayWardVole, Lawliet, Crisp0, Mystic and ARSENIC, correct me if I'm wrong or missing someone), in contrast K0ntRa has shown that he's actively participating in the game.


Apekiller, at first, took K0ntRa in defense, which is fine. I did it too. But then, he moved the suspicion over to the afk ones. "Should we kill the afk ones?" was what was on his mind. If we assume that Apekiller is Mafia, then how would he profit from lynching someone who would likely get modkilled in the future? Well, he makes sure no suspicion would be put on his fellow Mafia team. In other words: if the Town is always voting the inactive ones, no suspicion will be put on the active ones. With this in mind, it's likely that Apekiller's Mafia teammates are active. Ish and Sweedy both fit this description. The fourth member? He may be inactive, I don't know. But at least the majority of the Mafia team is active. In addition to this, it would also make sure they are lynched before returning to actively participating in the game. In other words: kill them in their sleep. Basically town gets nothing out of lynching them.

Apekiller wrote:
@Kontra: that logic is kind of flawed imo.

If the doctors were to do as you are suggesting them to, then nobody would ever be protected and they would effectively be Normal Villagers. The village power roles, if played correctly, can save two lives each night (not counting mafia doc's interference). The only thing is that it's very important for the doctors to know who the other doc is and/or know who the other doctor is protecting.

If this was done, the chances of an OD would be reduced by a whole lot. Also, your calculations did not take into account the Meth Addicts (Serial Killer + 1 Villager) who can not OD.


Secondly, he was against K0ntRa's proposition of not having the Doctors healing each other, saying it was a flawed reasoning, while it in fact makes perfect sense. The Mafia wants the town to keep on healing. This was an issue I addressed in one of my former posts:

SiX wrote:
K0ntRa's reasoning is correct.

If we begin with the Medic, what will he do? Ideally, he would be healing his own Mafia Members. Why? To protect them from the Serial Killer. But he won't do that, at least not early game. Why? Because the risk of a Mafia dying doubles if that's the case. There's 2 doctors who can kill his target (Mafia) whereas there's only 1 Serial Killer. With that in mind, the Medic will try to heal people who are not Mafia, in an attempt to kill the Town Members.

What will the Doctors do? If they unite, they can work together as a Vigilante to take people down. But that's not the case right now. Right now, they have zero clue who they will be saving. They could A) save a Mafia from dying to the SK or B) overdose a Town Member, either by visiting the same person, or by visiting the one whom the Medic visits. In this aspect, the Town has to count on the Medic for saving us against the Serial Killer while the Mafia has to count on the Doctors using their ability to teamkill.

I can only conclude that the Doctors shouldn't do anything, at least not for now. They should wait until they get in touch with a fellow doctor / medic or until the first medic / doctor dies, before they start to heal.


Sweedygonzales:

K0ntRa wrote:
Spoiler: show
K0ntRa: ay
K0ntRa: i need to speak to you once more
SqueegeeGonzales is now Online.
SqueegeeGonzales: hello
K0ntRa: listen
K0ntRa: Common R0 Peeks: Random Negative - Every player who can peek is given a random peek from all players who would return "No" or "Not X" other than the peeker.
K0ntRa: in r0 the cop will get a random peek on someone
K0ntRa: i am the cop and i peeked you
K0ntRa: you came out mafia
SqueegeeGonzales: I don't believe you
K0ntRa: i just wanted to tell you that i'll try to get tohers to vote you
K0ntRa: others
K0ntRa: prepare to be lynched mafia guy
SqueegeeGonzales: say goodbye to a fellow villager
K0ntRa: dont you understand
K0ntRa: i'm the cop, and i got to peek you
K0ntRa: in r0
K0ntRa: do you have any last words
SqueegeeGonzales: can i buy a suit first? god doesn't like ruffians
K0ntRa: kek
K0ntRa: whose idea was it to kill koni
SqueegeeGonzales: dunno
SqueegeeGonzales: if i had to guess i'd say SK
K0ntRa: nah its confirmed now that you're mafia
K0ntRa: tell me, was it your idea or someone else's


Of course he denied it, everyone would. But it took him a minute or two to respond and his responses were extremely suspicious.

He's a newcomer, thus I hoped he might not remember that. He hasn't mentioned it to me btw.


K0ntra (whom I've a town read on) stated that he responded slowly to what he had to say. While there could be reasons behind this, it may also be the case that Sweedygonzales had to think twice about what to respond with, if not even asking help from a more senior Mafia. And not to mention, he still keeps his vote on K0ntRa, something which he may have his reasons for (to avoid being lynched himself). But still.

-------------------

I urge the Doctor to get in contact with the Lawliet (who is also a Doctor).
I also urge the Town not to vote K0ntRa.
I, lastly, will change my vote to: [Vote Ish] and I encourage the others to follow.

Sun Jun 26, 2016 9:15 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#157 (ISO #10)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
It appears that Ish won't be lynched this round. The expected lynch is K0ntRa, which would in all likelihood turn up fatal for the Town. Hence I'll vote Sweedy instead.
With this I'm offline and I won't be online until the outcome of the round.

[Vote SweedyGonzales] (not day)

Sun Jun 26, 2016 11:18 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Thu Dec 22, 2011 4:30 pm
#221 (ISO #11)  Re: Mafia XXIX: Defibrilation
HATER wrote:

"Village" MVP Award: WaywardVole, who managed to stab the entire mafia team without killing a single villager. He even injured a mafia on r0.


Round 1:
#Blameitonleon Stabbed
#Blameitonleon Died
#Blameitonleon was a Normal Villager

But GZ SK.

Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:09 am Profile Send private message
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.