View unanswered posts | View active topics It is currently Sat Mar 28, 2020 12:02 pm

User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#11 (ISO #1)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
[in]

Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:39 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#22 (ISO #2)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
HATER wrote:
cml wrote:
Given that you have started the game already, I assume this is now R0 and people joining now would start on a lower life total?

Is that correct?

If so, Maki, I would have to ask you why you are looking to join now. Your life is only reduced a small amount (not enough to make this an equilibrium play) and it gives a 25% chance of additional vampires.
(assuming you do join, of course).


Just want to clear something up -- cml raises a good point, but it's not entirely accurate.


Tbh, if maki (or any additional player) wants to join, he should do it during r0, when the life penalty is limited and without having to blow equilibrium early. The game is set up so that it's usually in both teams' best interest (but especially the village's) to recruit more players up to each full set of 4 players (because the lynch will then gain extra power, and though the town is assured a vampire, they are also assured 3 new villagers as well). So the village's most secure way is actually if two players join the game so the lynch gains extra damage.

For the player after each set of four (e.g. the 5th player, the 9th, the 13th), it's a gamble like the one cml is describing because you have a 25% chance of getting a new vampire for little return back.

Since we're at 10 players already, there's a 50% chance of an extra vampire. If two more players join, then that chance goes up to 100%, but also raises the lynch damage and assures the village some certainty that they know the ratio of vampires to villagers.


Just an observation.

With the chance of new players becoming a vampire so high, I don't really even see the point in allowing sign-ups post the game start/roles. Surely if there was a new player who joined now and that player had a 50% chance of being a vamp, they would get lynched very quickly.

Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:34 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#32 (ISO #3)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Well apparently I need to vote.

I used eenie meenie miney moe to select [vote Rainboy]. Much science, very logic involved, ty ty.

Wed Oct 21, 2015 5:46 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#36 (ISO #4)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
I suppose it makes more sense to vote an inactive than a random player who's active so I'm gonna vote a different inactive player [vote Lawliet]

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:15 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#41 (ISO #5)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
[vote NumBle]

Wed Oct 21, 2015 6:38 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#45 (ISO #6)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
NumBle wrote:
Konijn wrote:
[vote NumBle]
Yo whats up why you voting me? [vote konijn]

Same reason for my other vote.

Anyway in the interest of self-preservation: [vote kat]

Wed Oct 21, 2015 7:24 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#50 (ISO #7)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Gl villagers. Lynch one of these bastards who voted me out will ya :)

Wed Oct 21, 2015 10:37 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#56 (ISO #8)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
I'm gonna be out for pretty much the entire day today.

I'll will [vote Lawliet] simply because I voted him for being AFK last round, as soon as he contacted me on Steam I changed my vote. He however kept his vote on me, for which I see no reason.

Thu Oct 22, 2015 10:23 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#59 (ISO #9)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Lawliet wrote:
Konijn wrote:
I'm gonna be out for pretty much the entire day today.

I'll will [vote Lawliet] simply because I voted him for being AFK last round, as soon as he contacted me on Steam I changed my vote. He however kept his vote on me, for which I see no reason.


??

R1: Lynch Tally:
Konijn - 4 - NumBle, cml, katCrusader, MMage
katCrusader - 2 - Lawliet, Konijn

not sure what you're talking about.

Sorry my bad, I didn't see you change your vote. Then [vote Numble] for the same reason [I voted him as he was AFK, changed vote when he became active and he still decided to vote me].

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:22 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#62 (ISO #10)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
I've been convinced to [vote cml]. I gotta go out now for 5 hours~, that person tells me they'll post in the thread later so I hope they do that. In short though, it seems CML must have used drain+snoop as I am told he has 900hp (1000-150[snoop+drain]+50[voting]=900)

Thu Oct 22, 2015 2:51 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#96 (ISO #11)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Hydra wrote:
I can't access my account right now, but I'd like to vote cml, so would appreciate it if you can take this as my vote. You can see in the hydra thread that this is partially my account

Konijn

Confirmed. Post by HATER.

[vote cml]

Fri Oct 23, 2015 10:36 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#103 (ISO #12)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Hydra wrote:
katCrusader wrote:
Sooo, remember when we lynched Konijn r1 for 300 damage?
Yeahhhh, as of the end of last night he has 975 hp.
That being said, I think cml is the more pertinent threat :p
[vote cml]

Pretty sure that this is a lie but as I can't check my PMs right now I can't say with certainty. Will post my hp after r1 later on once I can login to my account again

Konijn

Nope, you're right. I got an extra 200 HP from the bandwagon bargin I used on cml in r1. I just randomly selected someone and fortunately for me it actually worked out in my favour.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 2:31 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#104 (ISO #13)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Idk if a new round has started or not... but I'm gonna [vote cml] again cause i want free hp.

Sat Oct 24, 2015 9:02 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#116 (ISO #14)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
ARSENIC wrote:
AH CAN'T FEEL MAH LEGS.

but I love it


[vote cml]

Sun Oct 25, 2015 4:43 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#125 (ISO #15)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
MMage wrote:
Alrighty. Based on what Hater said above, I have information to throw into the open.

I snooped CML last round, and he has 123 (lel) life, plus a 500 shield.

Desperate Gamble absorbs damage and explodes if it gets enough, healing the caster. Cml is voting, so the shield goes up to 550 power. Lynch right now does 350 damage, and there's at least 1 Bandwagon Bargain (The one I did last round) on him, dealing 400 damage. If there's 150 more damage anywhere (like a 3rd round Hemo tick, or three more Bandwagons), then his shield will explode and give him 413 hp (rounding) and make everything that happened this round damn useless.
(Edit: Vampires can NK each other for the 200 damage that it deals. That fulfills the extra 150 damage the shield needs ez as fuck)

If, however, we leave him to sit and think about what he's done in the corner, the 550 leftover shield will kill him.


Kat made a peek last round that Kon had 975 life, and Draining a target that's been Unholy Retributioned gives 225 hp (150 to drain, 75 to the 50% bonus from a marked target). The village abilities don't have a clear choice for granting 75 hp, but the vampires have one that obviously happened: Rainboy said he was marked right before the post he died in.

So, with both of these things together...

TL;DR: Cml's gonna die already, lynch Kon
[Vote Konijn]

Edit: Typo on Lynch damage, herp. Also asked Hater about vampire NK.

Sorry but your logic is flawed.

I had 1000 HP - 300 (from the lynch) + 25 (healing was halved) = 725

Next round: 725 + 200 (desperate gamble) + 50 (voting) = 975

Sun Oct 25, 2015 9:21 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#127 (ISO #16)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
NumBle wrote:
[vote konijn]


I explained where I got the 75 HP from (25HP from voting during the round I was lynched and 50HP the round thereafter) I don't understand why you're still sheeping MMage's vote when I've given the reason for the HP I have.

If you look at MMage's accusation and do the math you'll notice there is a flaw:

R1: 1000 starting HP - 300 (lynch) + 25 hp (50 / 0.5, 50% reduced healing if you're lynched) = 725
R2: 725 + 225 (alleged unholy retribution) + 50 (vote) = 1000

Even your own calculations do not add up MMage.

All you idiots who continue to lynch me this round, please actually use your brain and realise that what MMage is saying cannot be true.

Read the op, healing is reduced by 50% if you're lynched, that's where I got 25HP from, the next round I got 50HP and 200 for the bandwagon bargin.

You can see I voted in both rounds, therefore the fact that I got 75HP from these two rounds is undeniable.

Also, I don't think that MMage is the type of player who would make such an elementary mistake. I think it's more likely he's trying to frame me and have me lynched: [vote MMage]

Sun Oct 25, 2015 10:47 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#129 (ISO #17)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
WaywardVole wrote:
ARSENIC wrote:
So now that r3 has ended, let's get a full log of everyone in the game.

We've got three vamps. From that we have the following information, so far:

Numble - Inactive however likely not vampire (since vamps seem to be consistently using their actions).
Pr0Gr4mm4 - Injured r0. Likely innocent.
Ish
Lawliet
Rainboy - Dead. Innocent. Obviously.
katCrusader - Attacked. Most likely innocent. If cml is innocent, this may change. Has been very pro-town.
Konjin - Inconsistent. Possibly evil
cml - Very likely evil
WaywardVole
MMage - Seems to be pro-town, assuming his information is correct.
Styx
JTc
ARSENIC - Attacked. I'd like to say that makes me (most likely) innocent.

The third vamp is anyone's guess, but honestly voting Konjin instead of cml is just expediting the inevitable imo, so [vote Konijn]



The thought process here is solid, but I'll correct you on one front. I peeked Numble last night and he is definitely a vampire. The result came back positive and there is no false positive in this game.

I agree with MMage about cml, so I recommend everyone [vote Numble]


The way I see this is:

Either we waste a few rounds lynching Numble for him to turn out to be a villager, but confirming Way's role as a vamp instead (doesn't really seem likely)
Or we vote Numble and he flips villager.

Either way, this seems the best option to take right now.

[vote numble]

Sun Oct 25, 2015 11:39 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#131 (ISO #18)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
WaywardVole wrote:
Konijn wrote:
The way I see this is:

Either we waste a few rounds lynching Numble for him to turn out to be a villager, but confirming Way's role as a vamp instead (doesn't really seem likely)
Or we vote Numble and he flips villager.

Either way, this seems the best option to take right now.

[vote numble]


So either he flips villager or he flips villager? What variety!


Lol brain fart xD. I'm sure people can work out for themselves which scenario he's a vamp tho =p

Mon Oct 26, 2015 1:36 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#137 (ISO #19)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
HATER wrote:
ARSENIC wrote:
WaywardVole wrote:
The thought process here is solid, but I'll correct you on one front. I peeked Numble last night and he is definitely a vampire. The result came back positive and there is no false positive in this game.


Of all the people you could have blown 700 life on, you pick the one guy who's been completely afk (no lynch, no actions, as confirmed by HATER) for two rounds, and therefore of no value to the village, even if he's a villager? You're either stupid, or you're framing him to pull heat off of konjin.



Just to correct you-- I can't say anything about whether or not numble has performed actions, but he voted in all rounds except R3 (including this one, actually).
I have not confirmed anything of the sort and if someone dies from modkill damage it will be noted publicly.

OK well there is quite clearly something odd about this.

1) ARSENIC doesn't give two shits that my explanation of my health vs MMage's makes far more sense
2) He makes up some retarded bullshit about HATER confirming someone being AFK and then publicly gets rekt.

If I somehow die, I suggest you all lynch ARSENIC next round because he's either the worst evil player in history, or his stupidity knows no bounds. Either way, I don't see him as useful to the villagers.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:33 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#140 (ISO #20)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
ARSENIC wrote:
I'm confused, HATER. Didn't your post say he was threatened for being inactive?

Can you explain why you're still wanting to lynch me?

P.S.:

If you isolate HATER's posts (isolation.php?tid=24590&pid=4792) and search the page for "numble", you will see he didn't make any such post.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 2:30 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#145 (ISO #21)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
ARSENIC wrote:
Well, for one, it looks like cml isn't dead yet.

I didn't really understand why we weren't lynching cml last round tbh.

Until someone explains whether we should continue to lynch cml or not, I'm gonna [vote numble]

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:17 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#147 (ISO #22)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
BTW: I snooped Wayward last night to see if his HP reflected the fact that he had used Investigate, his HP came back as 585. Be good if someone could do the math to work out if he could have used investigate or not.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 8:35 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#153 (ISO #23)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
ARSENIC wrote:
I know, I'm as shocked as the rest of you. I had no idea I was a villager until pro told me.

I would request everyone to PM me their HP values, and for everyone who's peeked someone else
to also tell me the HP values they peeked. Silence and/or inconsistencies will be publicly announced
(not with values, just in case the inconsistency is an attempt to frame).


[vote Numble]

Sorry but one person saying they peeked you as villager does not make it so. Even knowing that I actually asked pr0 to investigate you last round (he asked me who he should investigate) I cannot be sure enough to actually trust you. It could be a clever ploy from you and pr0.

Mon Oct 26, 2015 11:49 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#162 (ISO #24)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
So I think [vote cml] and then probably mmage are the remaining vamps.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 8:19 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#165 (ISO #25)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Styx wrote:
Why MMage?

[Vote cml]

Round 3: viewtopic.php?p=449409#p449409 - Everyone else is bandwagoning cml (for fairly good reasons posted in the thread) and MMage tries to redirect the lynch to Lawliet

Round 4: viewtopic.php?p=449639#p449639 he claims to have snooped cml and tells us there's no point voting him as he will die anyway (note, this is also the same line that cml used in this post: viewtopic.php?p=449597#p449597)

Also in round 4 (same post as above) he claims that the HP I had is only possible for vamps. After my rebuttal (viewtopic.php?p=449655#p449655) he makes no follow up post, nor does he change his vote. I only narrowly escaped a lynch this round and it was MMage who started it with false information.

Again, in round 4, despite the fact that Wayward claimed a positive on numble and there was a 50/50 chance of him being a vamp, he doesn't change vote.

The early vote in round 5 on numble looks like damage mitigation to me. I just think he's getting in early with the vote because he knows that numble being lynched is inevitable and an early vote on a vamp gives him slightly more credibility.

Tue Oct 27, 2015 9:16 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#167 (ISO #26)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
MMage wrote:
Konijn wrote:
Round 3: viewtopic.php?p=449409#p449409 - Everyone else is bandwagoning cml (for fairly good reasons posted in the thread) and MMage tries to redirect the lynch to Lawliet I voted Lawliet because I wanted my free 50 hp, Lawliet had me voted, and the bandwagon was very obviously going to happen. Note that Rain and I both changed to cml right before the round ended after deliberation in Teamspeak.

Round 4: viewtopic.php?p=449639#p449639 he claims to have snooped cml and tells us there's no point voting him as he will die anyway (note, this is also the same line that cml used in this post: viewtopic.php?p=449597#p449597) Not much to say here. It'd be nice if somebody could/did snoop CML to see if he just enshrouded the round I peeked him (or just got a fuckton of HP somehow), but he could be spamming Enshrouds until he dies atm. (Also, I used the same line as CML? Nice. +1 Reference Points)

Also in round 4 (same post as above) he claims that the HP I had is only possible for vamps. After my rebuttal (viewtopic.php?p=449655#p449655) he makes no follow up post, nor does he change his vote. I only narrowly escaped a lynch this round and it was MMage who started it with false information. Again (because reading is hard ), I didn't want you dead, I wanted CML not lynched. With the rather large life pool (less than 100 from max after being lynched) you still had, you seemed the best choice.

Again, in round 4, despite the fact that Wayward claimed a positive on numble and there was a 50/50 chance of him being a vamp, he doesn't change vote. I had homework. Wouldn't have killed anybody to poke me on Steam and say "Hey, someone peeked Numble as Vampire".

The early vote in round 5 on numble looks like damage mitigation to me. I just think he's getting in early with the vote because he knows that numble being lynched is inevitable and an early vote on a vamp gives him slightly more credibility. Damned if I hop on the bandwagon, damned if I don't. Much Numble Vamp peek.


The whole of your argument is using circular logic (You accuse me for not voting CML, then accuse me for voting Numble) and fundamental attribution error (Assuming I didn't jump on Numble because I must be on his team, not because I might be busy), not to mention the vendetta you seem to have over the R4 lynch on you. Not much else to say here without having to go through the previous rounds of posts, taco

[vote cml]

Spoiler: show
Hey look, I'm going with the bandwagon like a good boy (even though I'm pretty sure this is a bad idea and CML's got a shield. Just gotta hope there's enough bandwagon bargains on him to not give a fuck, since lynch's gonna happen anyway.)

You seem pretty butthurt.

I'm not saying my reasons are strong, but they're better than random votes. Also I don't see how you can call my logic flawed for saying that you didn't jump on the bw until it was inevitable he was going to die.

Wed Oct 28, 2015 12:51 am Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#174 (ISO #27)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
Lawliet wrote:
with ko9 since cml was the one who started the bandwagon on him the prior round.

I'm glad you brought this up. I'm still perplexed as to how anyone can say that my actions have been inconsistent or suspicious. It seems like people are still after me simply because of the amount of times I changed vote during round 1 (which was only because I was voting for inactives and changing vote after they became active...).

Wed Oct 28, 2015 8:25 pm Profile Send private message
User avatar

Joined: Wed Jul 13, 2011 1:15 am
#185 (ISO #28)  Re: [S2] Vampires I: Blood Pact
HATER wrote:

Village MVPs: WaywardVole, for getting a spot-on peek on numble just in time to save an innocent Konijn from being lynched (who, ironically, called him an idiot),

I said "All you idiots who continue to lynch me this round, please actually use your brain and realise that what MMage is saying cannot be true.". WaywardVole never voted me (at least that round) so I in fact did not call him an idiot :).

HATER wrote:
and Konijn, for being a generally correct and vocal villager.


Call me big headed if you want, but I think I actually played the best out of everyone this game. Yes WaywardVole got a "spot-on peek" on numble that stopped me from being lynched (I don't think I'd have died anyway as I had 975~ HP at the time), but he was just lucky with that investigate.

MMage wrote:
GG wp. I was the most obvious evil to ever evil an evil... and it almost worked. Village had no clue JUST how OP Desperate Gamble really is. CML would have survived every lynch from here until the end of the game (gaining health from them due to shield breakage), and nobody trusted my warnings to stay off him because I was being suspicious. That would have got me at least 3 extra rounds (probably more), and Xen/Arsenic/Wayward/Pr0g were all close to death. From that point, with cml sacrificing on the round the village didn't lynch him, I would have had 2k+ health and OP drains. Activating my own Desperate Gamble from that point (If I couldn't get village to lynch Kon, probably would have been simple enough) would have carried me to victory with my huge health bar.

Oh, and village never missing a lynch past R1. That was horribly unfortunate for us.
And Wayward/Pr0g peeking the round that we Equilibriumed them.
All in all, we got fuuuuuuuucked by luck.
(and that cml lost his fervor for the game after the first round where he wanted to suicide on Rain to get out of the game earlier take out a key player.)

Yet I called you out on it and I also was investigating you this round (I'm sure this is part of the reason why you surrendered). Looks like my "fundamental attribution error" and circular logic wasn't so bad after all, huh?

@HATER, thanks for the game it was really fun. I can only imagine how painfully laborious calculating and sending out each PM every round must have been, so thanks for sticking with it.

I quite like this new mode, though it does need balancing probably. Also, I think it would be a lot easier for the host if Rain (or someone else) were to make the bot handle all of the actions because doing it manually on this mode must take an inordinate amount of time.

Thu Oct 29, 2015 10:20 pm Profile Send private message
Powered by phpBB © 2000, 2002, 2005, 2007 phpBB Group.
Designed by STSoftware for PTF.